HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

John carlsson to the bruins

Old
02-10-2013, 09:40 PM
AlexBrovechkin8

vCash: 500
Why would the Caps trade a young, top 3 D for another goalie prospect? Holts, Neuvy, and Grubauer all are potential #1s. If anything they'd try to trade a young goalie and a guy like Johannson for a more pressing need like a scoring winger.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:27 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
link?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=337

Dom covers the OHL as a scout/writer and has given our board inside info on the Bruins many times in the past. His word is solid.

You can follow him on twitter here:

https://twitter.com/dominictiano

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Canadian Jesus

vCash: 215
OP proposal is awful; no chance Bruins do that

Canadian Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Jesus View Post
OP proposal is awful; no chance Bruins do that
Interesting you say that, as several posters are saying no chance the caps do it. Seems like a good trade to me, when both sides feel bad about the deal, it's even

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
Interesting you say that, as several posters are saying no chance the caps do it. Seems like a good trade to me, when both sides feel bad about the deal, it's even
It's a good trade for the Bruins because they're getting a 23 year old top pairing defenseman signed to a steal for 6 years for spare parts caps could easily pick up through other avenues if they wanted to.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Or that one side is seriously overrating the value of unproven prospects and picks (pretty common on HF) compared to a young, proven player who's shown #1 upside. Especially when one of the prospects is considered a flight risk, the other is a goalie one year after his draft (I shouldn't have to go into the risks that come with that), and the draft pick is bottom 3 at the moment.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:31 AM
Jeff L

This strikes me as an offseason trade. B's defense is fine as it is, even if it could afford to get a little younger. Value wise, I would deal either two prospects, or one prospect and one of Ference/Boychuk for Carlson. In terms of prospects, I'd offer up Knight, Camper, Cross, or Volden without much hesitation. Guys like Griffith, Camara, Khokhlachev, Svedberg, Spooner and Krug I'd like to hold onto for now but as they say, nobody's untouchable for the right price. Johnny B and Ference are both defense-first guys; neither are all-stars but you'll never really see them make crucial mistakes. I understand Ference is regarded as a great locker room guy too, a perfect "playoff run leadership" type.

One of Boychuk/Ference + one of Knight/Camper/Cross/Volden for Carlson, then? If it were at the deadline, a conditional pick if Ference doesn't re-sign in Washington would be included.

Jeff L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth Malloy View Post
This strikes me as an offseason trade. B's defense is fine as it is, even if it could afford to get a little younger. Value wise, I would deal either two prospects, or one prospect and one of Ference/Boychuk for Carlson. In terms of prospects, I'd offer up Knight, Camper, Cross, or Volden without much hesitation. Guys like Griffith, Camara, Khokhlachev, Svedberg, Spooner and Krug I'd like to hold onto for now but as they say, nobody's untouchable for the right price. Johnny B and Ference are both defense-first guys; neither are all-stars but you'll never really see them make crucial mistakes. I understand Ference is regarded as a great locker room guy too, a perfect "playoff run leadership" type.

One of Boychuk/Ference + one of Knight/Camper/Cross/Volden for Carlson, then? If it were at the deadline, a conditional pick if Ference doesn't re-sign in Washington would be included.
Is this a joke? Would you do Laich and Johansson for Seguin? Cause that's better comparative value than what you're offering.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:17 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=337

Dom covers the OHL as a scout/writer and has given our board inside info on the Bruins many times in the past. His word is solid.

You can follow him on twitter here:

https://twitter.com/dominictiano
good lord. he is a canadian media that cover the ohl?
if this were kpd i could believe it. this guy? come on

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:45 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
He is actually very legit, kid.
Did you mean:
Quote:
He is actually very legit kid.
?

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:49 AM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
I would take Dom's word over KPD every day of the week. Without question.

8thRoundPick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:14 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thRoundPick View Post
I would take Dom's word over KPD every day of the week. Without question.
Same here, I don't know him personally but I have followed him and he is as legit as they come in my opinion. I even wish he would give us a little more of the info he has since he obviously holds back a lot of names.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:20 AM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
We are not trading for a goalie. No need. Go to Philly.
This

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:41 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
He has connections within the Bruins and knows plenty of others that do. Anyone on the Bruins board who reads his stuff can vouch for him. He's just as legit as KPD.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Stewie G

I read the tweet and subsequent follow-up in the thread and I'm betting you could just replace the word 'Bruins' with the name of about 15 other teams and not be too far off. It was sufficiently vague as to not really say much at all.

A lot of the proposals are nothing more than wishful thinking on the part of Bruins' fans hoping McPhee does something rash and none of the other 28 GMs decide to beat the lowball offers thrown about. I would imagine the cost to the Bruins would be more than it would be to a number of other teams as well.

I hold Carlson in lower regard than most Caps fans, but I would imagine that the other team would be giving up a piece it doesn't want to trade if it were looking to acquire him.

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:32 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
He has connections within the Bruins and knows plenty of others that do. Anyone on the Bruins board who reads his stuff can vouch for him. He's just as legit as KPD.
sure. if it actually happened, its dead now. mcphee deals never hit the media before hand. there are no sources inside mcphee's office. it appears that a contigency of dealing with mcphee is no leaking. ask eric belanger. talk about it before is done and it wont happen.

if you see a rumor about the capitals in the media, its not true.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Carlson has been brutal this year, every single game I've seen him play he was terrible, even worse than Tyler Myers, at this point if I'm Boston I would hesitate before I trade for him. His defensive play along with Ovechkin lack of success are the main reason the Caps have been so bad this year.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:14 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
sure. if it actually happened, its dead now. mcphee deals never hit the media before hand. there are no sources inside mcphee's office. it appears that a contigency of dealing with mcphee is no leaking. ask eric belanger. talk about it before is done and it wont happen.

Many teams like to believe this is true, including the Bruins.

PatriceBergeronFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:52 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
With rask in all likelihood getting a long term extension and svedberg playing very well in the "a", is malcolm subban the most likely trade bait right now? Leading the ohl in goals against, future #1 starter potential, I wouldn't mind if the bruins dealt him to a team like washington, who's starting to question Braden holtbys long term future after a great playoffs. A deal that looks like subban, boychuk, khoklachev and a 1st for John carlsson.

Gives the caps a top 6 defensmen in the short term and a potential top 6 forward, top flight goalie and a player to be named later in the longterm. Bruins get a top pairing defensemen to go with Dougie Hamilton long term, and strengthen their overall D in the short term
Even if it's an overpayment as a Sens fan, I disagree with any trade making Boston's defense better.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Carlson has been brutal this year, every single game I've seen him play he was terrible, even worse than Tyler Myers, at this point if I'm Boston I would hesitate before I trade for him. His defensive play along with Ovechkin lack of success are the main reason the Caps have been so bad this year.
Not true, he struggled but he picked it up lately. And he's been easily better than Myers.

If I'm Washington I don't trade him for low value because of ten ****ing games the whole team struggled in.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:09 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:

My take on it is that it sounded like a fishing expedition by the Bruins to see if the Caps were desperate to make a move. The Bruins ask about Carlson, the Caps give back a list of player(s) they would want back for him, which Boston probably did not like. In order for it to be a salary relief move, it would had to be one of Chara, Krejci, Bergeron, Lucic, or Seguin moving and I don't think the Bruins are willing to move any of those players for Carlson, talented ( and local ) as he is.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:16 AM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Many teams like to believe this is true, including the Bruins.
Find a Caps trade that was known about beforehand.

QuadrupleDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
As a habs fan i would hate to see the Bruins get Carlson. He's a stud on the blueline and very nasty to play against. Although the value is good I don't see Washington doing this( i hope they don't). Boychuk's ok, the first will be a very late first, the Russian prospect could bolt at any time and Subban definitely has potential but all of it doesn't seem to replace Carlson.
I am not a Bruins fan, but I appreciate how they play - tough, straight ahead, Canadian style hockey. They build a team to play that way, so getting Carlson would continue that trend. Unlike Boston, Washington appears to have no direction. I could see them doing something silly like this trade.

Alflives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:20 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
I am not a Bruins fan, but I appreciate how they play - tough, straight ahead, Canadian style hockey. They build a team to play that way, so getting Carlson would continue that trend. Unlike Boston, Washington appears to have no direction. I could see them doing something silly like this trade.
LOL. Don, is that you?

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:41 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Unlike Boston, Washington appears to have no direction. I could see them doing something silly like this trade.
please, show me one example of george mcphee making a trade remotely as silly as this one. just one...please