HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 10 Pick 2013 (Habs / Jackets)

Old
02-10-2013, 09:09 PM
KadoCH

vCash: 500
Top 10 Pick 2013 (Habs / Jackets)

Supposedly a deep draft with a little bit of a drop off around 8th or 9th, and I'm just wondering hypothetically what you guys think a pick will go for.

If the Jackets ended up with 4th, 8th , and 18th for instance and the Habs finish around 7th to 10th in the East.

What do you see the cost as the 8th pick?

From Habs
15th, 45th (2nd) and 165th (5th)

For

8th (CBJ/NYR/LAK)

Would that do the trick?

The Jackets lose their 3rd if the Rangers don't make the cup finals so this gives them another top 50 pick and they still end up with 3 top 20 choices.

KadoCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:38 PM
LeHabsMan

If Montreal wants a forward, then keep the 15th pick. Mantha, Gauthier, Erne, Domi... will be available. If Montreal wants a defender then trade to 8th for the chance at Zadorov, Nurse, Pulock, Ristolainen and if their lucky a forward like Shinkaruk will fall.

Value is fair though. Maybe even without the 5th added. Talent isnt that different between 8th and 15th.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:56 PM
KadoCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
If Montreal wants a forward, then keep the 15th pick. Mantha, Gauthier, Erne, Domi... will be available. If Montreal wants a defender then trade to 8th for the chance at Zadorov, Nurse, Pulock, Ristolainen and if their lucky a forward like Shinkaruk will fall.

Value is fair though. Maybe even without the 5th added. Talent isnt that different between 8th and 15th.
My thinking is one of Monahan, Shinaruk should be available at 8 and other guys like Lindholm(probably top 5/6) or Nichushkin (bit more risk) would be options there.

There's only really Seth Jones consensus Dman in the top 5 right now, but I'm assuming a team at 5-7 will take one of the guys in the next group and leave the team at 8 to pick between two of the guys I mentioned above.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Pekka Rinne

I dont think a 2nd and a 5th will be enough to move up 7 spots into the top 10.

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:30 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
I agree. Besides, Columbus needs quality over quantity.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:56 PM
KadoCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
The only comparables I could find was

2005 Sharks traded up to 8th for the 12th for the 49th and a 7th round pick.

2007 Sharks moved up to 9th for the 13th and 44th picks.

Habs I don't think have a fourth but should be able to acquire one I would say if they needed to sweeten the pot I would assume.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:08 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadoCH View Post
The only comparables I could find was

2005 Sharks traded up to 8th for the 12th for the 49th and a 7th round pick.

2007 Sharks moved up to 9th for the 13th and 44th picks.

Habs I don't think have a fourth but should be able to acquire one I would say if they needed to sweeten the pot I would assume.
Those are both 4 spot increases. Not 7-8 spots.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:51 AM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Buffalo moved up from 21 to 14 to grab Girgensons and all it took was an added 2nd rounder. Albeit, Calgary was really high on Jankowski and had no trouble moving down.

couture23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:55 AM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Buffalo moved up from 21 to 14 to grab Girgensons and all it took was an added 2nd rounder. Albeit, Calgary was really high on Jankowski and had no trouble moving down.
Higher down you go, more assets to give up so your comparison is invalid. Lets say 8th+2nd rounder for 2nd ovr. Nobody does that. It's the opposite of yours (2nd-8th-14th).

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:46 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

In b4 "subban or GTFO"

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:17 AM
KadoCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Ya I think it was the Sens gave the 35th and 48th for 24th last draft or two ago maybe so there is not "set" value of what a 2nd can add because that's 11 spots.

If a 1 + 2 + 5 doesn't move 7 spots into 8th I think that switching the 5th to a 4th does.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:43 AM
CharlesHabsFan

Montreal can afford giving a 2nd round pick as we have 3 this year, Calgary and Nashville's plus ours.

Giving Nashville's pick + our 1st to move up a few spots to Columbus' spot could be advantageous, but it all depends who we end up drafting then.

I guess we'd have to see on draft day if it's worth it and if the Blue Jackets are willing...

CharlesHabsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Domino11

I don't know if u guys know but even if we finish 9 in our division we can steel get the 1 overall pick ... Even do Columbus got let say 2 pick in the top 15 it doesn't meen they will get high pick they could get 13 and 14 pick so right now it useless to talk about that since no body knows at what position we will draft cause everybody that doesn't make the playoff got the same chance to draft 1 overall

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:15 AM
wilfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
I don't know if u guys know but even if we finish 9 in our division we can steel get the 1 overall pick ... Even do Columbus got let say 2 pick in the top 15 it doesn't meen they will get high pick they could get 13 and 14 pick so right now it useless to talk about that since no body knows at what position we will draft cause everybody that doesn't make the playoff got the same chance to draft 1 overall
are you sure about that? I am assuming that it will be a lottery like years before with the last place team getting a 40% chance and the odds get worse the more points you have. Also i am assuming that you can only move down 1 spot like years before.

If I am wrong please let me know

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:21 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
are you sure about that? I am assuming that it will be a lottery like years before with the last place team getting a 40% chance and the odds get worse the more points you have. Also i am assuming that you can only move down 1 spot like years before.

You are right, the chances are different. You get a much higher chance at the #1 overall if you have a bad record. The main change this year is that anyone can win. In the past, if the team in 8th position got lucky and their ball was drawn first, they would still only move up to 4th spot. Now, they would be #1 overall.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:01 AM
alphafox

The availability of the pick is likely going to be very dependant on who is available @ 8. If as some are saying shinkaruk is available the price could very well be higher (i.e. habs first and 2the seconds) however if ther is a.run on forwards i can see a trade back to the mid/early teens to grab guys like erne/domi

alphafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Domino11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred View Post

Yes I am 100% sure about that !! Even do u finish border line of making the playoff u will have a chance at the 1 overall pick ..

Old
02-11-2013, 11:31 AM
KadoCH

Quote:
Yes I am 100% sure about that !! Even do u finish border line of making the playoff u will have a chance at the 1 overall pick ..
It's still a weighted lottery so you have a chance but it the teams in the 10-14th spot have less then a 2% chance of getting the 1st over all pick.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Seems like a reasonable attempt, but, as has been said before, we kind of have a serious need for quality over quantity, so this would be highly dependent on who ends up getting drafted by whom.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:24 PM
candyman82

Quote:
They don't have an equal chance, it's still weighted. Also, I'm pretty sure that they kept the rule about only being able to drop down one spot.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Domino11

Hopefully mtl will finish in the bottom 5 !! If at the deadline we decide not to push then will sell and believe me will finish in the bottom 5 if we decide to sell ..
If Markov , gionta, cole , and maybe plekanec are not there we will be in the bottom for sure ... Witch I hope this happen I'm tired of been a borderline playoff team

Old
02-11-2013, 12:30 PM
HooliganX2

It really depends on who is available and who the the CBJ scouts are high on. A trade like this wouldn't happen until draft day and there are so many things the will effect what the value of the #8 pick would be. It could possibly work depending on the players available.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:41 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
My thinking is one of Monahan, Shinaruk should be available at 8 and other guys like Lindholm(probably top 5/6) or Nichushkin (bit more risk) would be options there.

There's only really Seth Jones consensus Dman in the top 5 right now, but I'm assuming a team at 5-7 will take one of the guys in the next group and leave the team at 8 to pick between two of the guys I mentioned above.
I think the top 6 is set: Mac, Jones, Barkov, Drouin, Lindholm and Monahan. Depending on who the 7th pick is, it might be worth it for Montreal.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
It really depends on who is available and who the the CBJ scouts are high on. A trade like this wouldn't happen until draft day and there are so many things the will effect what the value of the #8 pick would be. It could possibly work depending on the players available.
And where each of the three first-rounders currently held by the Jackets winds up being.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:48 PM
leeroggy

Quote:
Supposedly a deep draft with a little bit of a drop off around 8th or 9th, and I'm just wondering hypothetically what you guys think a pick will go for.

If the Jackets ended up with 4th, 8th , and 18th for instance and the Habs finish around 7th to 10th in the East.

What do you see the cost as the 8th pick?

From Habs
15th, 45th (2nd) and 165th (5th)

For

8th (CBJ/NYR/LAK)

If CBJ ends up with 4th, 8th and 18th they would be foolish to trade either 4 or 8. Maybe move down from 18. They are in desperate need of offensive skill and 4 and 8 will provide two big pieces this year. If they could draft Drouin and Monahan in this draft they say "Thank you G*d" and call it a day.

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote