HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Same Old, Same Old.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:29 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Thanks

Well, that's not the first night that Hodgson had a good night at the dot. I hope he's working on them and learning.
No problemo.

Curious, why did Ott only take 4 draws?

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:32 AM
MayDayMayDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post
I believe they both failed. Foligno 1st to gerbe and then Gerbe to Foligno. Both should have been goals.
Agreed there, but still, that line looked REALLY good for the first two periods. I think we might have something there, and I'd like to see Ott skating with those two.

Prevailing sentiment: Lindy Ruff IS the issue. Things have gotten stale, he just doesn't have IT anymore, and he needs to go. We're a young team, we're supposed to have energy coming out our ears. But for some reason, Ruff no longer seems to have the ability to elicit that enthusiasm from his players. When you compare his demeanor from 6-7 years ago, you no longer see him pumping his fists, hugging and shaking his coaches, and the fire in his eyes. It's just gone. Aside from that, I think he has badly mismanaged the lines and players ice time all year, outside of striking gold w/ HPV of course.

My solution: approach him very professionally, and ask him to step down w/ the assurance that the organization will acknowledge his efforts and successes, honor him w/ a place in the rafters if need be, and move on. Give James Patrick the opportunity to interim the rest of the way, and in the offseason, either remove that interim tag if he performs or if not, identify your best/most passionate candidate, whip out the megawallet, and write a blank check.

MayDayMayDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:33 AM
tsujimoto74

G:
-Miller
-Kaleta's fight
-Ennis' goal was pretty, and it kept me alive in the survivor game

B:
-All the defenders, though I liked Sekera in the offensive zone. Wish we'd see more of him on the PP.
-Reffing
-Vanek's lack of TOI -- guy is a proven Bruins killer

U:
-Ruff
-Marchand

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Interesting stat -- since beating the Bruins 7-4, the B's have only played 3 games. Buffalo? Six. This being the third in four nights for the Sabres, and the first game in half a week for the Bruins, the result isn't a surprise. That they played the same in game 2 and game 3 of that stretch is a bit of a surprise. Nothing like giving them a bigger hole to dig out of...

Lack of camp and perhaps a lack of conditioning looks like an issue with the way their skating.

02-11-2013, 12:08 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Boston shouldn't have had their game cancelled, it's bs they were fresh and we were playing 3 in 4. Guess they can't handle a little storm, did Buffalo vs NYR get cancelled after the October storm in 07? No it didn't.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Cirris

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirris
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
No problemo.

Curious, why did Ott only take 4 draws?
he kept getting tossed out of the dot. The linesman are always quick to toss one person out then throw the pucK down before the second person gets set. It's a stupid routine and even Don Cherry has berated linesman for doing it.

Cirris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Herman Hessian
Hyperbole Mania #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwaZ View Post
grrrr - GRRRRR - i'm a bear

Herman Hessian is offline   Reply With Quote