HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Mikhail Grigorenko Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 02:30 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

vCash: 500
What a joke.Grigs gets an assist on the gwg, he has been a +1 three games in a row and gets scratched.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:35 PM
McTank

Calm down it makes some sense against boston get as much grit in the lineup as you can

Old
02-10-2013, 02:52 PM
beerme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Calm down it makes some sense against boston get as much grit in the lineup as you can

Again with the calm down Lindy?

Old
02-10-2013, 03:41 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
Again with the calm down Lindy?
Seriously? I want lindy gone but you're reaching. What has grigs done to deserve lots of ice time with our best players? Boston did this same thing with seguin, I don't think there is anything wrong with benching an 18 year old against the most physical team in the game

Old
02-10-2013, 05:20 PM
beerme1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Seriously? I want lindy gone but you're reaching. What has grigs done to deserve lots of ice time with our best players? Boston did this same thing with seguin, I don't think there is anything wrong with benching an 18 year old against the most physical team in the game
Benching. Right there's the problem. Didn't he help us get two points last night? Didn't Lindy mismanage him last night?
Cripes didn't Lindy effectively bench him in the 1st and 2nd last night? If that's ok with you than why not treat him the same way tonight and be selective about who he plays against? As opposed to say, benching?
Wait a minute I know why. Because Lindy cant match lines even at home I suppose. That's not part of his coaching acumen. What's that? That's what Adams or Patrick can do? Ha. Neither one is good for it either. Or much of anything for that matter.
Speaking of this and Lindy, hiring Adam's was a stupid mistake. What is this? Erie County Government where you hire buddies regardless of qualifications?

I guess you're right. CALM DOWN!

Old
02-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Seguin had 22 points in 71 games his rookie year. It's not a big deal that Grigs is being benched. I don't agree with it, but it's not a huge deal. He knows he has work to do, he knew what he was getting into when they told him he was staying in Buffalo. He's learning how to be a professional and what it's going to take to play in this league. Maybe watching a game from the press box will help spark him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1
Benching. Right there's the problem. Didn't he help us get two points last night? Didn't Lindy mismanage him last night?
Cripes didn't Lindy effectively bench him in the 1st and 2nd last night? If that's ok with you than why not treat him the same way tonight and be selective about who he plays against? As opposed to say, benching?
Wait a minute I know why. Because Lindy cant match lines even at home I suppose. That's not part of his coaching acumen. What's that? That's what Adams or Patrick can do? Ha. Neither one is good for it either. Or much of anything for that matter.
Speaking of this and Lindy, hiring Adam's was a stupid mistake. What is this? Erie County Government where you hire buddies regardless of qualifications?

I guess you're right. CALM DOWN!
I'm the biggest Lindy hater you'll find, but I don't see how he's mismanaging him. His compete level is not high enough and he needs to play a lot harder if he wants to earn his ice time.

Last edited by Stop Winnin: 02-10-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old
02-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

I don't hate benching him in this spot. I'd rather him be in the lineup, but a game off to watch from above isn't all bad.

That said, I wish we didn't have Lindy making that decision.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:41 PM
beerme1

Let him play. Swim with the sharks or die. Playing against tough guys shouldn't make any difference when Lindy puts him out there with playmaker Hecht and tough guy Scott. Again!

Old
02-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerme1 View Post
Let him play. Swim with the sharks or die. Playing against tough guys shouldn't make any difference when Lindy puts him out there with playmaker Hecht and tough guy Scott. Again!
Who else will he displace? He doesn't deserve to be in the top 6 the way he's been playing. He needs to work harder if he wants an opportunity to play there. From what I've seen he's been slow, tentative and soft. I will say that he needs the puck on his stick more, but as of right now he's not even close to top 6 material. Have you seen his play along the boards? Downright pathetic, he barely attempts to battle for the puck.

I know everyone loves the kid and wants him to succeed myself included but can we be real? He's not ready yet, he looks like Adam did when Adam went into invisible mode except Adam wasn't as soft.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:54 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Who else will he displace? He doesn't deserve to be in the top 6 the way he's been playing. He needs to work harder if he wants an opportunity to play there. From what I've seen he's been slow, tentative and soft. I will say that he needs the puck on his stick more, but as of right now he's not even close to top 6 material. Have you seen his play along the boards? Downright pathetic, he barely attempts to battle for the puck.

I know everyone loves the kid and wants him to succeed myself included but can we be real? He's not ready yet, he looks like Adam did when Adam went into invisible mode except Adam wasn't as soft.
He's done more to earn being there this year than Stafford has.

Old
02-10-2013, 06:22 PM
JPurp26

scott needs his 3 minutes of ice time

Old
02-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
scott needs his 3 minutes of ice time
Against the Bruins, Scott is playing regardless of Grigorenko.

02-10-2013, 11:38 PM
beerme1

Quote:
I understand and semi agree with you. But your point brings to mind another Lindy triumph in Adam. I guess he really showed him. Atta boy Lindy. Chris Butler who I think is useless, says hello also. Another young guy that couldn't do Lindy's way.
Well it's not just me who thinks he's useless so Butler is a bad hello.
Actually let me spin this the other way. Hey Chris Butler, Lindy says hello!

Old
02-11-2013, 10:23 AM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

This is why he should have been sent back to Quebec.

Giving him 4th line minutes or scratching him won't help him develop.

I get the whole "you will get minutes when you earn them" philosophy but that doesn't really work for a prospect like this. Unless you are certain that he's going to earn those minutes before hand, you send him back so he can play and tell him to focus on improving his foot speed.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:41 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
This is why he should have been sent back to Quebec.

Giving him 4th line minutes or scratching him won't help him develop.

I get the whole "you will get minutes when you earn them" philosophy but that doesn't really work for a prospect like this. Unless you are certain that he's going to earn those minutes before hand, you send him back so he can play and tell him to focus on improving his foot speed.
He's learning how to be a professional and play the pro game. Part of that means accepting a diminished role and taking your chances, when you get them, to thrive. Plenty of good hockey players have been healthy scratches when they were younger. I don't see that as an actual problem. I do think the linemates Grigs gets are a point of concern, though. It'd be nice to see Ruff actually use his offensive weapons and gave Grigs a chance to as well: double shift Vanek, so he plays with Grigs sometimes and with Hodgson/Pominville.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

I don't see how dipsy doodling through players that can barely defend you in juniors will help him develop. Maybe it's just me?

Old
02-11-2013, 11:47 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
I don't see how dipsy doodling through players that can barely defend you in juniors will help him develop. Maybe it's just me?
No, that's a legitimate argument.

When a certain level of hockey is too easy for you, it's time to move up.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post

At the same time, I can see why it would be detrimental to have him be scratched or sitting on the bench for the majority of the game. But here at least he is learning what it's going to take to play the NHl game.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post

He was too good for the Q? He was producing as a top-flight draft pick should, but he wasn't unstoppable.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:06 PM
ManuelCalavera
La-La-La-Locked Out

It's still horrible asset management to burn a year of his ELC and eligibility - and for what? The majority of his playing time came during his 5 game tryout. Now he has been playing with scrubs or not at all.

The fact is, he could have been the best player on a Memorial Cup contender. Now he is a healthy scratch on one of the worst teams in the NHL. Is this really better for his development? Couldn't they have learned from Girgensons terrible start?

Old
02-11-2013, 12:11 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
He was too good for the Q? He was producing as a top-flight draft pick should, but he wasn't unstoppable.
Exactly this.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Time to get him away from this dumpster fire and back into a winning environment.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:29 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

I don't hate the idea of benching him in the abstract, but last night didn't sit right with me.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:36 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Time to get him away from this dumpster fire and back into a winning environment.
That'd probably be best, but I doubt it happens.

It'd be admitting that they made a mistake in evaluating him and possibly the team as a whole, and makes the wasted $925,000 ELC year look worse than it already was from the start.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
That'd probably be best, but I doubt it happens.

It'd be admitting that they made a mistake in evaluating him and possibly the team as a whole, and makes the wasted $925,000 ELC year look worse than it already was from the start.
They already look pretty bad. This is another instance where Ted needs to be paying attention. The long-term good of the team is more important than some part of the Ruff-Regier Master-Blaster losing face.

Closed Thread