HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Do we need a heavyweight enforcer...

View Poll Results: Should the Habs claim Darcy Hordichuk on waivers?
Yes 21 33.87%
No 41 66.13%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 11:50 PM
CN_paladin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
This thread is pure lol.

All you need to do is tell Prust to his ass on the bench and not rile up the other team. His job is to provide energy to Montreal, not boost up the other team.

You guys are seriously planning to give away roster spots to scrubs just because of Saturday? I think those roster spots are better spent elsewhere.
Moen and Armstrong have been a complete waste of roster spots so replacing one of them with a goon isn't going make us worse.

We need to trade for a real heavyweight like McGrattan who shouldn't cost as much as Bordelau.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:52 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Some of you come off as being ok with our players being cheapshotted if it means a 50% chance of a power play followed by a 20% chance of scoring a goal.

You can't see the forest for the trees.
care to name ONE user who said s/he'd be OK with that ?

Old
02-11-2013, 01:02 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Staubitz: still don't understand why he wasn't re-signed.

White should have been dressed vs the Leafs (Prust can't take care of Orr, McLAren,etc, all by himself). Some of you blame White, but...now you want him back and will ask him to help us after making him the scapegoat (never ever sit White when we play the GOON LEAFS...never).

MINIMUM vs GOON LEAFS: the minimum we need vs goon teams like the Leafs and Bruins...White and Prust (not dressing White vs the Leafs was a ****ing stupid mistake...time to make coach Therrien the scapegoat and not White). And not sure what is going on with Moen and Armstrong...early retirement? I'm still a fan of Moen...he plays well by not being noticed (no mistakes), but still...would be good to notice him sometimes for some huge hits or some protection. He's still a warrior imo, but we need more (still think he's a playoff warrior).

Gorges: he's our #3 all-heart dman...too important to fight a nobody AHL LEAF GOON. I don't ever want to see him risk an injury vs a nobody GOON ever again. He's too important to our Habs. ****ing stupid that we don't have anyone to do that goon job for Gorges. Every ****ing year we talk about this. And at the very least...White should have been there instead of being made the scapegoat for some recent losses. We lost 6-0 vs the AHL Leafs...going to blame White again?

Armstrong: hope coach Therrien tells him to wake up and show more grit (not more penalties but just more grit and toughness) like when he was with Pitts and Atlanta...he's like damaged goods for us (same with Laraque...just here to collect paychecks). It's good armstrong is not injured as usual...but he might as well be the way he's playing (huge/tall guy that doesn't add any grit to the game...looks like he's done...hope I'm wrong as long as he's a Hab).

Galchenyuk, Markov, Subban, Gorges...don't get paid to fight GOONS...

We need a policeman right ****ing now...I don't want to wait before our Gorges, Subban, Markov, Galchenyuk, Gallagher...get seriously injured/beaten up by a GOON.
About White, it's almost as if destiny came back to teach Therrien a lesson:"You want to bench someone that's gonna do everything for his teamates? There you go"

Old
02-11-2013, 01:06 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
This thread is pure lol.

All you need to do is tell Prust to his ass on the bench and not rile up the other team. His job is to provide energy to Montreal, not boost up the other team.

You guys are seriously planning to give away roster spots to scrubs just because of Saturday? I think those roster spots are better spent elsewhere.

Glad we have Prust, but...I saw the same thing too.
We were losing, so...Prust started bullying a few Leaf players.

Leafs kept scoring...Prust kept bullying.
Prust gets ejected.

Now the Leafs have fun bullying our players.
Not sure if the Leafs would have done that if it weren't for Prust going after some Leaf players.

Nutshell: we couldn't play hockey and got beat badly...if you can't win by playing hockey...pakc up your stuff and leave. Don't keep playing until you lose AND get injured. We almost lost Pleks and Gorges could have been really injured against a GOON. What the **** is our 3rd best dman fighting a nobody GOON? Staubitz should still be here for that

Another nutshell:
getting a policeman is for those games were WE GET BULLIED/INJURED (ex: vs the Bruins when we beat them by playing hockey). Against the LEafs...it was us who started to bully (Prust), and then they gave it back to us when Prust got ejected. Obviously I didn't like to see that (Gorges fighting a goon), but when we lose...bullying will not solve anything.

Prust and White are getting a lot of blame for our losses.
For me...Prust did what he usually does but maybe too much vs the Leafs. You could save that stuff for when the other team goes after our star players. The Leafs weren't doing anything but scoring (nothing illegal about that).

Pacioretty and Chara:
Chara was a sleeping giant, until...Pacioretty shoved him. A simple ****ing shove and Chara later gets his revenge...Pacioretty is out for playoffs...Chara wins the Cup. No ****ing justice.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:32 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
About White, it's almost as if destiny came back to teach Therrien a lesson:"You want to bench someone that's gonna do everything for his teamates? There you go"
What a relief to read this. Thank-you.

I really feel for White.
He takes an extra 2 min vs Buffalo...they score 3 more goals to win the game...time to blame EVERYTHING on White.

Therrien is a mother-*****er for blaming White to the media.
Who is he going to blame for the 6-0 loss to the LEAFS? White?!

What the **** is going on here?
White does EVERYTHING for his teammates and then Therrien comes in to blame him for every loss.

6-0 vs Leafs.
Habs were LIFEless. White was benched by the genius Therrien.
Pleks almost lost a knee. Gorges could have been seriously injured by a GOON twice his size.

Would love for Therrien to apologize to White.
Would love for Therrien to blame himself for that 6-0 loss to the Leafs instead of players that try to do everything for the team (White). I wonder who Therrien would blame for that 6-0 loss???
Blame.Blame.Blame. Who the **** wants to play for a coach taht blames everyone constantly? Find a ****ing solution instead of blaming everyone and hurry 'cause we don't want to miss the playoffs again (and if we do...we better be getting a top 5 overall pick!).

To Therrien:
stop blaming White for everything and take some of the ****ing blame you ****ing clown. Look at the lineups of the other team before benching White you ****ing idiot. Leafs have so many GOONS and you decide to bench White. **** you...I blame you for the 6-0 loss (and of all teams...it had to be the AHL Leafs).

Old
02-11-2013, 01:39 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:

I really feel for White.
He takes an extra 2 min vs Buffalo...they score 3 to win the game...time to blame EVERYTHING on White.

Next game...Toronto GOONS all come out to beat the **** out of our players. White is benched because Therrien needs to make White the scapegoat.

White does EVERYTHING for his teammates and then Therrien comes in to blame him for every loss.

6-0 vs Leafs.
Pleks almost lost a knee. Gorges could have been seriously injured by a GOON twice his size.

Would love for Therrien to blame himself for that 6-0 loss to the Leafs instead of players that try to do everything for the team (White). I wonder who Therrien would blame for that 6-0 loss???
Blame.Blame.Blame. Who the **** wants to play for a coach taht blames everyone constantly? Find a ****ing solution instead of blaming everyone and hurry 'cause we don't want to miss the playoffs again (and if we do...we better be getting a top 5 overall pick!).

To Therrien:
stop blaming White for everything and take some of the ****ing blame you ****ing clown. Look at the lineups of the other team before benching White you ****ing idiot. Leafs have so many GOONS and you decide to bench White. **** you...I blame you for the 6-0 loss (and of all teams...it had to be the AHL Leafs).
I love your passion.

I hope i'm not reading this well but Therrien seems like the type of guy that lift his nose to gritty players and fighters, like he's above them. Just like Martin was doing. He had tough guys in Pittsburgh but ultimately the Pens under him were a rather skilled-based team and it seems like they got a lot grittier when Byslema joined them.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Staubitz: still don't understand why he wasn't re-signed.

White should have been dressed vs the Leafs (Prust can't take care of Orr, McLAren,etc, all by himself). Some of you blame White, but...now you want him back and will ask him to help us after making him the scapegoat (never ever sit White when we play the GOON LEAFS...never).

MINIMUM vs GOON LEAFS: the minimum we need vs goon teams like the Leafs and Bruins...White and Prust (not dressing White vs the Leafs was a ****ing stupid mistake...time to make coach Therrien the scapegoat and not White). And not sure what is going on with Moen and Armstrong...early retirement? I'm still a fan of Moen...he plays well by not being noticed (no mistakes), but still...would be good to notice him sometimes for some huge hits or some protection. He's still a warrior imo, but we need more (still think he's a playoff warrior).

Gorges: he's our #3 all-heart dman...too important to fight a nobody AHL LEAF GOON. I don't ever want to see him risk an injury vs a nobody GOON ever again. He's too important to our Habs. ****ing stupid that we don't have anyone to do that goon job for Gorges. Every ****ing year we talk about this. And at the very least...White should have been there instead of being made the scapegoat for some recent losses. We lost 6-0 vs the AHL Leafs...going to blame White again?

Armstrong: hope coach Therrien tells him to wake up and show more grit (not more penalties but just more grit and toughness) like when he was with Pitts and Atlanta...he's like damaged goods for us (same with Laraque...just here to collect paychecks). It's good armstrong is not injured as usual...but he might as well be the way he's playing (huge/tall guy that doesn't add any grit to the game...looks like he's done...hope I'm wrong as long as he's a Hab).

Galchenyuk, Markov, Subban, Gorges...don't get paid to fight GOONS...

We need a policeman right ****ing now...I don't want to wait before our Gorges, Subban, Markov, Galchenyuk, Gallagher...get seriously injured/beaten up by a GOON.
Explain how if White had been playing vs the Leafs he would have been on the ice with the Plekanec line.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:53 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Leafs fan coming in peace...

When Ron Wilson was our head coach, I felt the same way since day one. He was the reason we sent Colton Orr down. He threw every player under the bus and never took blame for anything. I'll be honest, I personally have never like Therrien as a coach. Like the poser above said, he always makes it seem like he's above the players. I don't think that's a coach's job. I think a coach's job is to establish roles in which every player will be comfortable enough in that the team can succeed to its highest potential. Throwing players under the bus does nothing for that. I was very surprised Therrien went out of his way to bury White for that loss. However he should definitely be eating his tongue just like the poster above said, especially after that game by the team.

02-11-2013, 02:13 AM
Quarter
Exploding Knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
Explain how if White had been playing vs the Leafs he would have been on the ice with the Plekanec line.
I think people tend to believe that the presence of a tough guy is enough to curb the possibility of any ratty plays from happening. Without an intimidating body, the other team will use that to their advantage and start taking liberties with the other team as we saw with Orr's borderline charge. But with last night's events, I agree with you... White or no White, Orr would have followed through anyway and would have willingly stepped up against White had he come after him.

Last edited by Quarter: 02-11-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old
02-11-2013, 02:24 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
Moen and Armstrong have been a complete waste of roster spots so replacing one of them with a goon isn't going make us worse.

The Armstrong stuff comes as a surprise?

This is the same Colby Armstrong that couldn't get into a crap Leafs team and was eventually bought out by that same team that was looking for grit and determination.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:07 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I love your passion.

I hope i'm not reading this well but Therrien seems like the type of guy that lift his nose to gritty players and fighters, like he's above them. Just like Martin was doing. He had tough guys in Pittsburgh but ultimately the Pens under him were a rather skilled-based team and it seems like they got a lot grittier when Byslema joined them.
au contraire.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:36 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter View Post
I think people tend to believe that the presence of a tough guy is enough to curb the possibility of any ratty plays from happening.
And those people have been repeatedly proven wrong.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:15 AM
Dada

Quote:

I really feel for White.
He takes an extra 2 min vs Buffalo...they score 3 more goals to win the game...time to blame EVERYTHING on White.

Who is he going to blame for the 6-0 loss to the LEAFS? White?!

6-0 vs Leafs.

To Therrien:
White wouldn't have done **** , except being ***** slapped by Orr, Mclaren or Fraser

Old
02-11-2013, 05:18 AM
LuigiStone*

Yes, year after year the Habs look silly.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:26 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
I guess its a matter of style - depending on how the coach structures the team. Orr was on Ron Wilson's team previously and was beyond useless because he wasn't utilized effectively. Under Carlyle, you can definitely see the effect of having such guys on the bench. The team in general is a lot more rowdy, especially in front of their own net. Guys like Kostka (who has basically never fought in his life) fought, albeit against a really small player. But its something you wouldn't see. Thus, I guess it really depends on whether you believe enforcers act as a "buff" for the team, making everyone feel a bit bigger, safer, more argumentative. Watching the team, I would tend to believe it.

Chris Neil is a better hockey player - but no where close to the fighter Orr is. And not even close to the same weight class as McClaren or Orr. Shawn Thornton is better I agree, but he is a rare player - I would love to have him on any team.
Excellent post. Orr does make the skilled Leafs bolder and that is a good thing yes. Plus, their defense is big unlike our shrimps.
How did we get a whole team of little guys?
Twenty years of pooh and twenty more if we don't change our ways.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:30 AM
TennisMenace

White is not our answer but he is better than Armstrong. Cut the latter.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Hugo Sham

i'd rather have a white that reacts the way he does than no reaction from moen and armstrong

Old
02-11-2013, 10:11 AM
izzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i'd rather have a white that reacts the way he does...
I love me some White, but against most of Boston's fighters, and soem of Toronto's, he gets his ass handed to him. The fact its... we have been ***** slapped - twice - in two years by division rivals. We are an impotent and whinny bunch. In a sense, we're getting everything we deserve.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post

We need to trade for a real heavyweight like McGrattan who shouldn't cost as much as Bordelau.

THIS

sometime I feel sorry for Prust.....the guy is alone out there..

Old
02-11-2013, 11:11 AM
firewagon77*

If bergevin doesn't acquire some heavyweight fighters he should be fired period.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypuck191 View Post
If bergevin doesn't acquire some heavyweight fighters he should be fired period.
Well Hordichuk is on waivers now. I think of him more in the Staubitz/middleweight category, though, and he's a bit beat up at this stage in his career, non?

But there's a freebie. What players would you get rid of to make room?

Old
02-11-2013, 11:15 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypuck191 View Post
Pretty sure he'd be decent against your average 6'2 guy. Maybe he can dress for some games?

Old
02-11-2013, 11:16 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Darcy Hordichuk on waivers.

I take a flyer on him if I'm Bergevin. He,s not a great player but what makes him interesting is that he's a rather good skater and can throw'em with the best of them. Make him play once every 2-3 games and put him 5 minutes on the 4th line.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:17 AM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Well Hordichuk is on waivers now. I think of him more in the Staubitz/middleweight category, though, and he's a bit beat up at this stage in his career, non?

But there's a freebie. What players would you get rid of to make room?
Hordichuk is way stronger than Staubitz. In fact, he once fought against Orr and held his own, and is doing just fine against a guy like Parros. And he actually skates well for his role.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:19 AM
bud12

Hordichuk is washed up. Will be like Laraque fiasco. We can find way better.

Closed Thread