HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm gonna say it, Burmi is our best player this year, There!!

Old
02-10-2013, 10:08 PM
scelaton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Oh, so it's fine to extrapolate from 2 pts as long as we use the most favorable skewing possible. He's comparable to the Sedins and Kovalchuk! From 2 pts? This is like a fat lady in a milkshake shop. Grasping at straws.
I think his point is that you can't extrapolate for anyone based on 11 games, that Burmi is not any more likely to have a 5-6 goal season based on small sample size than are the Sedins and Kovachuk.
It's just too early for any of them.

Last edited by scelaton: 02-11-2013 at 01:36 AM. Reason: typo
scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:31 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Oh, so it's fine to extrapolate from 2 pts as long as we use the most favorable skewing possible. He's comparable to the Sedins and Kovalchuk! From 2 pts? This is like a fat lady in a milkshake shop. Grasping at straws.
*woosh*
Sound of "the point" going over your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
I think his point is that you can't extrapolate for anyone based on 11 games, that Burmi is not any more likely to have a 5-6 goal season based on small sample size than are the Sedins and Kovachuk.
*ding ding* we have a winner

Scelaton... I'm decent with numbers but not always good at explaining things... If I was paid for this, I'd pay you to translate for me haha

Last edited by garret9: 02-11-2013 at 02:14 AM.
garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:17 AM
angrymnky

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
It might get you in the ballpark depending how consistent the player is and where they are in their development. The Sedins got about a point a game last year - what have they got this season so far, about a point a game.

Not that I'm very worried about Burmistrov. Maybe if he only has 10 points after 30 games.

angrymnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:50 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I see something very different than you watching him play. He was tied for the team lead in shots yesterday and he made a couple really really nice passing plays. His feed to Welly that was tipped wide was a beauty. I don't see the grenade analogy.

His line has been arguably the Jets best line for three straight games, despite the fact that he has moved up and down the lineup. His line has scored and been to the plus in each of those games. They have also done well from a possession perspective.

Burmi is by no means the Jets best forward, but there is a strong case to be made that he is among the 6 best forwards and he should continue to develop.

I also fail to see how 4th line talents like Cormier and Sutter would impact a potential future move into the top 6.

Size =/= Skill or Upside
Of course it does. It's why Antropov is our elite #1 center. Duh. All about size baby.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:15 AM
scelaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Scelaton... I'm decent with numbers but not always good at explaining things... If I was paid for this, I'd pay you to translate for me haha
Thanks...but I won't quit my day job quite yet!

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymnky View Post
It might get you in the ballpark depending how consistent the player is and where they are in their development. The Sedins got about a point a game last year - what have they got this season so far, about a point a game.

Not that I'm very worried about Burmistrov. Maybe if he only has 10 points after 30 games.
I like the guy but that's about where I peg him to be. I'll revisit this thread after 30 games and either get my gloat on or get the crow out of the oven.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
I like the guy but that's about where I peg him to be. I'll revisit this thread after 30 games and either get my gloat on or get the crow out of the oven.
I don't expect him to have the point totals of a lot of those guys in 30 more games.

It's just interesting to see because a few are making Burmi's worth ALL about his points (or lack thereof). But the kid is getting next to nothing in regards to PP time (14th on the team at 25 seconds a game), but he's 6th on the team and 2nd in terms of forwards on the PK (1:29 a game).

Unless he stays on the top 6 and gets some significant PP time this year, it's going to be tough for him to put up a lot of points. But he has still been a very important part of the team with his defensive / PK work.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote