HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lewis had his Mowers. Does Claude have his Bourque?

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Alicat
Charge!

vCash: 500
I want to see more before I eat crow. He needs to get better along the boards. The transition game is suffering when that line is on the ice. Peverley and Kelly are still being forced to play out of position to compensate for Bourque's poor play in tight spots.

He's improving but a few more healthy scratches will really help him as we get into the critical point in the season.

Be clear, I want him to succeed but he was downright toxic before he sat 10 days ago. I learned a long time ago that no player was immune to criticism. Ignorance isn't bliss in hockey.

I am Boston Strong

Old
02-11-2013, 07:54 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
I want to see more before I eat crow. He needs to get better along the boards. The transition game is suffering when that line is on the ice. Peverley and Kelly are still being forced to play out of position to compensate for Bourque's poor play in tight spots.
All of this. He remains the weakest player on the team.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
All of this. He remains the weakest player on the team.
They have the cap space, they need to get a legit proven NHL player for that spot.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:11 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Different player, different season, same problem.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Quaider*
RONDO BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fopppa View Post
Looks like he's starting to adjust to the pace of the bigs. Impressive last night, points should follow.
Hate to say it but I still see nothing to keep him with this team. He avoids the traffic areas and is making Pevs and Kelly look bad trying to cover for him. He's simply not that good and his small size doesn't help.

What we need is a banger to play 3rd line LW. Someone needs to go into the corners and dirty areas and CB isn't going to do that.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:21 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
Hate to say it but I still see nothing to keep him with this team. He avoids the traffic areas and is making Pevs and Kelly look bad trying to cover for him. He's simply not that good and his small size doesn't help.

What we need is a banger to play 3rd line LW. Someone needs to go into the corners and dirty areas and CB isn't going to do that.
I can't believe I'm still reading this !! He is not going to be an allstar

He's been working hard and has got better even digs a lot more then others also hasn't took a penalty I believe

Kelly was struggling and cost bigger turnovers then Bourque and that's for sure but lets pick on the guy that makes less then a million

Old
02-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
I can't believe I'm still reading this !! He is not going to be an allstar

He's been working hard and has got better even digs a lot more then others also hasn't took a penalty I believe

Kelly was struggling and cost bigger turnovers then Bourque and that's for sure but lets pick on the guy that makes less then a million
Yea well when you now have 9mil in cap space, and there is a guy who sucking on the 3rd line, everyone deserves the blame, Especially since this is a reoccurring problem and it took 3 scoring lines to win you the Cup.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:33 PM
CamTheMan

I think Bourque has improved leaps and bounds since his game in the pressbox. He has even been hitting. I think some are being way too hard on the guy.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Therick67

Chris Kelly and Rich Peverley have a track record in this league and have earned the benefit of the doubt IMO. What has Bourque done? This team has the space to get better, lets hope they use it.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:35 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

I think he's been getting better game by game. The idea that he "doesn't go into the corners" is pretty off to me. Sure, maybe he's not the best at battling for the puck (not everyone that height is a Brad Marchand) but I see him win his fair share of one-on-one's.

Not saying he's not expendable by any means, but people associating Kelly and Peverley's lack of production to him is pretty false, IMO. None of them, as a unit or individuals, have been very good so far.

This seems like another "Trent Whitfield" type situation to me. People have made up their mind based on initial impressions that the guy isn't good so he has to be Ovechkin before they'll admit he's any good, much less improving.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:40 PM
bme44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoomin8 View Post
I think Bourque has improved leaps and bounds since his game in the pressbox. He has even been hitting. I think some are being way too hard on the guy.
I do not think anyone has been to hard on Bourque, I can say lots but for a guy his size you need a better skill set to be an NHLer IMO

Old
02-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Jeff077

I have thought over the past few games Bourque has looked alot better, more involved and working and skating hard.
I am willing to give him more time to see if the improvement can continue, and if not so be it you move on and look elsewhere. The expectations for him were low so nothing ventured nothing gained.
The good part is the team is 8-1-1 and has lots of cap space to make a move when needed.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:51 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Yea well when you now have 9mil in cap space, and there is a guy who sucking on the 3rd line, everyone deserves the blame, Especially since this is a reoccurring problem and it took 3 scoring lines to win you the Cup.
Man your in for a treat next year when we can't afford all these guys ... too many people don't realise you need to develop with in the organization to make the cap work for you ..

We are basically in the same vote the Hawks had when they won the cup We can spend that money closer to the deadline or sooner BUT this team will be selling parts off after the season just like chicago did ...

So why not have Bourque learn the system and be ready for that ??

Old
02-11-2013, 01:54 PM
bruins04

if Chia signs Pandolfo, i expect him to get some time instead of Bourque. Bourque will be inconsistent, ride it out while he's going. need to have backup options for when he isn't

Old
02-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Man your in for a treat next year when we can't afford all these guys ... too many people don't realise you need to develop with in the organization to make the cap work for you ..

We are basically in the same vote the Hawks had when they won the cup We can spend that money closer to the deadline or sooner BUT this team will be selling parts off after the season just like chicago did ...

I don't pretend to follow all things salary cap, but I don't think the Bruins are in as bad a shape as Chicago was.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
I don't pretend to follow all things salary cap, but I don't think the Bruins are in as bad a shape as Chicago was.
No....but somewhere Chia's gonna have to make room to resign Rask (who, if he keeps playing like he is) could command 5 mil/year, and decide what to do with Horton.

Perhaps a rental this year...but at some point, the cap WILL go down, and I don't know if another winger is the place where this team can dedicate a ton of money toward.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:

1) Michael Ryder could have been in that sport for this season and last at 3.5mil if they actually used Savards LTIR

2) Pouliot nor Bourque are not developed from within, they are scrap heap signings

Old
02-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
No....but somewhere Chia's gonna have to make room to resign Rask (who, if he keeps playing like he is) could command 5 mil/year, and decide what to do with Horton.

Perhaps a rental this year...but at some point, the cap WILL go down, and I don't know if another winger is the place where this team can dedicate a ton of money toward.
Sure, but I'm not suggesting breaking the bank on a 3rd line winger. Just get someone who can play at this level until one of the Providence kids can crack the big club.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:43 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
1) Michael Ryder could have been in that sport for this season and last at 3.5mil if they actually used Savards LTIR

2) Pouliot nor Bourque are not developed from within, they are scrap heap signings
again I believe PC is thinking ahead .. Yes Bourque was traded to us and he only cost us 600k on a 2 way as well .. This gives Spooner Knight Caron ect.. all a chance to learn the ropes

Pouliot just cost more 1.8mil and 2 way comes in handy

I'm not saying we won't get a guy like you said at the deadline or a bit before .. IMO PC is giving out experience for next year and there's no need to panic when your winning right ?

Old
02-11-2013, 02:50 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Bourque has been pretty good lately- just mailed in 5 Seventh Player Award cards for him. He's had a great week between the Toronto game winning goal, and setting up Bergeron for game winner last night...maybe not a reach to think he grabs one of NHL.com three stars

Old
02-11-2013, 02:54 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Bourque has been pretty good lately- just mailed in 5 Seventh Player Award cards for him. He's had a great week between the Toronto game winning goal, and setting up Bergeron for game winner last night...maybe not a reach to think he grabs one of NHL.com three stars
He also made a nice, hustling backchecking play midway through the third that prevented an odd man rush at a critical point in the game. He's been playing well lately; using his legs to advantage.

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Aw, what the hell, let's make another thread about how much Gagne sucks.
Old
02-11-2013, 04:04 PM
weaponomega

Offensively he hasn't done much, but I think Bourque has been very solid defensively. Because the third line played so well when Paille was moved up, I would liek to see how Bourque would look on the forth line with Campbell and Thornton.

As of right now the B's aren't getting much offensive contribution from that third line and this team is much more successful when all four lines are contributing offensively.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:17 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
He also made a nice, hustling backchecking play midway through the third that prevented an odd man rush at a critical point in the game. He's been playing well lately; using his legs to advantage.
I think its time the Bruins tell him to find a place to live- they did it with MacDermid

Old
02-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Killer B
Honey Badger

I'm a bit surprised by some of the support Bourque's getting here. In my opinion, he's
been mediocre at best. I think that Caron, Rolston and Poo have all looked better on
that 3rd line...

Like most, I really want to see him succeed - and he's been given every chance
(including quite a bit of pp time). Maybe it's just me, but I just don't see it. I think
he's clearly the weakest link on the team and I believe he's a big reason why the entire
3rd line is struggling.

Would love to see a quality replacement picked up or at least move Pie up and drop
MacDermid into his 4th line spot.

Closed Thread