HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Practice - Prust/Pacioretty switch lines

Old
02-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Nice to see that Eller has been the 2nd best centre these past few games and hasn't been rewarded for it. I guess "no excuses" only applies to certain players.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Not bad... I'd switch Desharnais with Eller though.
agreed. I really like the move of Pac to the kid line. 3 guys who give an honest effort every shift. It also signals more ice-time for the Gally's

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Desharnais - Eller -Cole
White -Prust -Armstrong

Sit Moen - I was disappointed with his lack of usual heart so far this season

I'd really like to see Subban and Gorges back together too. Move Frankie to the 3rd pair

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Wtf else does Eller have to do to get a chance on a real line with at least one player who can actually stickhandle?
What do you mean, Eller is being blessed with Armstrong.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:09 AM
habtastic

Wasn't it DD and Cole on the third line last year before they all of a sudden became goal scoring machines?
Can't remember if Max was with them at that point. I think he was cuz of his DD-connection.

(fingers crossed)

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:11 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Wtf else does Eller have to do to get a chance on a real line with at least one player who can actually stickhandle?

so f'in true

only thing I'd say is that him and Moen have shown chemistry. Of coure AK was a big part of that. Guess we'll see.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:20 AM
FeelsLike93

Is it just me or is the PP pairing of Markov-Diaz gone? Haven't seen them on the pp together.. Why would Therrien replace Diaz with Subban when Diaz was lighting it up with Markov?

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Not a fan...
Maxpac needs to be playing ~20min/night, don't think the kids are ready for that, which means either lots of in-game line shifting or less minutes for a guy that should be among our team leaders in ice time.

Eller deserves a real shot at top 6 role, he's played well enough to earn it, but apparently his versatility compared to DD hurts him...

I'd go:

MaxPac- Pleks- Gallagher
Cole- Eller- gionta
Bourque- galch- desharnais
Prust- white- moen

1st line plays a ton deployed opportunistically, 2nd line gets match-up duties, 3rd line gets "soft" minutes, 4th line plays energy role/minutes.

DD may be a "C", but when ur weak defensively, not winning draws & ur wingers aren't scoring, then there is no reason u don't get shuffled around.
Galch might benefit from having a linemate that reads space & time as well as he does, & bourque's N/S style could be a nice complement.
Prust can move up as needed.
I disagree about how much time he needs. It really all depends on the quality of the minutes you play. Him playing 20 minutes with Cole and Desharnais is less effective than 14-15 with Gallagher and Galchenyuk. He needs to play with guys that forcing the issue on the ice. Thats what made the the Desharnais line so effective last year, they were putting a lot of pressure on the D, every shift.

Sure you could put Pacioretty with Plex, but i see no point in breaking up the line thats working the best. Yes the Galchenyuk line struggle a bit defensively, but with Price in net and a semi-solid defense, i'd rather look for lines that can generate offence, rather than worry about their defensive liabilities.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Nice to see that Eller has been the 2nd best centre these past few games and hasn't been rewarded for it. I guess "no excuses" only applies to certain players.
Eller benched after one game. Desharnais has sucked all year and still no accountability. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Habs will never win with him in the top 2 lines.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I disagree about how much time he needs. It really all depends on the quality of the minutes you play. Him playing 20 minutes with Cole and Desharnais is less effective than 14-15 with Gallagher and Galchenyuk. He needs to play with guys that forcing the issue on the ice. Thats what made the the Desharnais line so effective last year, they were putting a lot of pressure on the D, every shift.

Sure you could put Pacioretty with Plex, but i see no point in breaking up the line thats working the best. Yes the Galchenyuk line struggle a bit defensively, but with Price in net and a semi-solid defense, i'd rather look for lines that can generate offence, rather than worry about their defensive liabilities.
It's as much a matter of getting him on the ice more, as it is keeping other fwds ice time limited.

MP is our best winger, or should be, with a roster so thin on winger skill & depth, it's foolish to play him sub-18min/game imo

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
What do you mean, Eller is being blessed with Armstrong.
Therrien playing favorites with Armstrong because it is evident that this guy no longer brings anything to an NHL line up.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:28 AM
drewbloodfins

I feel pretty good about this lineup.

drewbloodfins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Another miss by Therrien. In a era of "no excuses" and the benching of White and Eller, he doesn't do **** for one of the most unuseful player we had in a long time in Colby Armstrong. And Desharnais doesn't deserve to be in a lineup, but as of now, he should at best be the #4 centerman. Put him with White and Moen, and hope that the opponent will give you weaker challenges so that even with average wingers, you'll be able to shine more. But even if it doesn't make him better...I don't care, Eller deserve more. And I want to see more of him.

The Pacioretty-Gally-Gally line was obvious, I kept asking for it for quite some time now. And I guess you don't touch the Pleks like though I'm starting to be tired of Gionta. My lines would have been...

Bourque-Pleks-Gionta
Pacioretty-Gally-Gally
Prust-Eller-Cole
Moen-DD-White

And I'm clearly on the verge of calling up Dumont. Yeah, I know he's not going to KO'ed anybody, but until we make a move...we play with what we play. Dumont plays instead of DD and you have an Okay 4th line. I hate Moen more and more but that's another story. How the **** would not re-insert White after one of the most pathetic game all-around I've seen this team play. Just for that, if Therrien doesn'T re-insert him, he's an idiot. Accountability works for EVERYBODY!

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Tuggy

I think DD is definitely trending towards 4th line minutes. I don't think he's far off from there. Eller should be the 3rd line center. Hopefully only a matter of time.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:42 AM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
Is it just me or is the PP pairing of Markov-Diaz gone? Haven't seen them on the pp together.. Why would Therrien replace Diaz with Subban when Diaz was lighting it up with Markov?
I was thinking the same thing
There is nothing wrong with Subban on the 2nd wave

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:43 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Diaz
Subban-Bouillon

remain the D pairings. I don't like it.

Give Gorges and Subban #1 defensive duties already.

I could have just quoted this post.
I think that's part of the problem right now. The idea of having Subban-Gorges back at facing the top lines and assuming the top defensive duty is not a bad idea by any means. Problem is, I don't think Subban is ready -- he's a lot slower to react than the last 2 years -- and Gorges, beside blocking shots, has been really bad at every other aspects of the game.

It amazes me how Gorges is overestimated on this board. Nice guy, nice warrior, nice leader, but below average player. Habs' fans crucified Craig Rivet while he was way better than Gorges.

So to me, that's the problem. The 2 d-men we would want for top defensive duty are not good enough right now. Markov, while still a beast on the PP, is not as quick and efficient as he once was. Emelin is incredibly bad around his net and a non-factor at other aspects of the game beside hitting. Bouillon does his best (which is nothing more than OK) and Diaz is a nice surprise but isn't good enough to be a real general.

Habs desperatly need to draft or sign a real D general.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:44 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Per several reporters on twitter, lines this morning:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Prust-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Armstrong

Unfortunately, the same defence pairings.
That lineup is one in-game move from something else I would like to see. Switch Eller and Prust if the fourth line of the other team is bangers or if a second shutdown line is not necessary.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:46 AM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Another miss by Therrien. In a era of "no excuses" and the benching of White and Eller, he doesn't do **** for one of the most unuseful player we had in a long time in Colby Armstrong. And Desharnais doesn't deserve to be in a lineup, but as of now, he should at best be the #4 centerman. Put him with White and Moen, and hope that the opponent will give you weaker challenges so that even with average wingers, you'll be able to shine more. But even if it doesn't make him better...I don't care, Eller deserve more. And I want to see more of him.

The Pacioretty-Gally-Gally line was obvious, I kept asking for it for quite some time now. And I guess you don't touch the Pleks like though I'm starting to be tired of Gionta. My lines would have been...

Bourque-Pleks-Gionta
Pacioretty-Gally-Gally
Prust-Eller-Cole
Moen-DD-White

And I'm clearly on the verge of calling up Dumont. Yeah, I know he's not going to KO'ed anybody, but until we make a move...we play with what we play. Dumont plays instead of DD and you have an Okay 4th line. I hate Moen more and more but that's another story. How the **** would not re-insert White after one of the most pathetic game all-around I've seen this team play. Just for that, if Therrien doesn'T re-insert him, he's an idiot. Accountability works for EVERYBODY!
Couldn't agree more except for inserting DD on the 4th, give Dumont a shot now. We need to shake something up in order to stop the slide.
I'm not an alarmist by any stretch of the imagination but in a shortened season you can't wait forever to make a change.

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:46 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Bourque-Pleks-Gionta
Pacioretty-Gally-Gally
Prust-Eller-Cole
Moen-DD-White

Switch Prust and Moen and I'm all for it. Prust is overestimated right now because of a nice start. But Moen is a more intelligent winger to complement players of more attacking type.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
Armstrong still in line up? Feels bad man...
Just having him out of the line up would had made my day.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:48 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Eller-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Prust-Armstrong/White

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon/Kaberle-Diaz/Weber

Would be my line-up
Perfect, with my 3 sitters being, to start, Kaberle, Weber and White.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I think that's part of the problem right now. The idea of having Subban-Gorges back at facing the top lines and assuming the top defensive duty is not a bad idea by any means. Problem is, I don't think Subban is ready -- he's a lot slower to react than the last 2 years -- and Gorges, beside blocking shots, has been really bad at every other aspects of the game.

It amazes me how Gorges is overestimated on this board. Nice guy, nice warrior, nice leader, but below average player. Habs' fans crucified Craig Rivet while he was way better than Gorges.

So to me, that's the problem. The 2 d-men we would want for top defensive duty are not good enough right now. Markov, while still a beast on the PP, is not as quick and efficient as he once was. Emelin is incredibly bad around his net and a non-factor at other aspects of the game beside hitting. Bouillon does his best (which is nothing more than OK) and Diaz is a nice surprise but isn't good enough to be a real general.

Habs desperatly need to draft or sign a real D general.
So basically in a nutshell the Habs defense is quite bad.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:50 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

I still just don't get how Eller can be benched for "lack of intensity" meanwhile Desharnais won't even go into the corner to take a hit and he still sees regular ice time and powerplay time..

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:51 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Did they put a 3rd line minimum in Prust's contract?

Solid player and I love him, but why not use Eller on that wing? The Eller-DD-Cole line actually had a great game last time they played together. Then again, maybe Moen & Armstrong are better with the puck than Cole/DD at this point.

It seems like MT wants to lose his job.

And Colby Armstrong is a joke. Travis Moen isn't far behind. White deserves to play over them. Again, I'd rather lose with a guy who cares to much than a couple of guys who literally do nothing.

Cole/DD have no chemistry this year. In fact, I don't even think they had that much chemistry last year (I think Cole scored a lot on his own and it was Patch/DD that had the chemistry), I hate them together.

Quote:
I still just don't get how Eller can be benched for "lack of intensity" meanwhile Desharnais won't even go into the corner to take a hit and he still sees regular ice time and powerplay time..
They had the same ice-time last game (5 second difference). Still makes more sense to put Eller with a couple "scorers" though than Moen and Armstrong who don't do anything.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Milhouse40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Eller benched after one game. Desharnais has sucked all year and still no accountability. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Habs will never win with him in the top 2 lines.
I totally agree with you!

But french media will crucify Therrien if DD don't have all the chances in the world before benching him.

Just this morning, i chat with Gaston Therrien of RDS on his blog.
Told me that DD is playing well and the problems was Pacioretty and Cole.

Then again,....last year he kept telling everyone that Darche was a good player to have on the rosters.

This is the problem right now....DD got a popularity that prevents the Habs management to threat him like the rest of the team.

But it's coming....Eller play better than DD lately
Worst, DD only got a good game playing with Eller.

But it's finally coming.

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Bring up Tinordi and sit either Bouillon or Diaz IMO.

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Tinordi
Bouillon-Emelin

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote