HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hordichuk Waived

Old
02-11-2013, 12:44 PM
oilers2k10
Yak Don't Back Down

vCash: 500
When the other team knows u have a tough guy on the bench they at least sometimes think twice before taking a run at someone.not anymore

oilers2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:44 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoyen View Post
Interesting that @TreenasOil called this move yesterday...

www.twitter.com/TreenasOil
hate to burst your bubble--during both saturday's and sunday's games, stauffer suggested he would not be surprised of Hordichuck was the odd man out with what was going on.

and it sounds like the oilers will be making a move at center before the next game- whether via a trade or call up

I predict hordichuck get claimed

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Starbuds
You like muscles?

He took dumb penalties a lot despite getting minimal ice time. Dived all over the place. Injured himself more often than he did the other players. Not gonna miss him.

Starbuds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:51 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers2k10 View Post
When the other team knows u have a tough guy on the bench they at least sometimes think twice before taking a run at someone.not anymore
Hordi was on the bench for 4 games, this was hardly an issue. That and he isn't exactly that great of a fighter.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:51 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
hate to burst your bubble--during both saturday's and sunday's games, stauffer suggested he would not be surprised of Hordichuck was the odd man out with what was going on.

and it sounds like the oilers will be making a move at center before the next game- whether via a trade or call up

I predict hordichuck get claimed
Toronto?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Gmen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Was Hordichuk really that intimidating eating popcorn from the PB?
I agree we just got softer, who's going to protect our kids???? Hordy never got a chance, which surprised me because there was a time when Kruegar did say that he was going to allow his tough players to fulfill there roles.

Anybody see the Leafs 3rd and 4th lines lately, can you imagine our line up vs them, we'd get killed!!!!

Gmen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:55 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
It's too bad he didn't play like last season when he was able to intimidate a bit, land some big hits, and draw penalties. Hoping he gets claimed by someone out east so he gets another shot

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Starbuds
You like muscles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmen 1 View Post
I agree we just got softer, who's going to protect our kids???? Hordy never got a chance, which surprised me because there was a time when Kruegar did say that he was going to allow his tough players to fulfill there roles.

Anybody see the Leafs 3rd and 4th lines lately, can you imagine our line up vs them, we'd get killed!!!!
I remember once this season where Eberle was hit with a big hit. Smid promptly fought him and took a 4 minute penalty. In the 8 games where Hordichuk didn't play where our stars getting targeted?

Don't bring up Eberle getting hit last night by Johnson as that was not targeting a young star, it was hitting a player floating through past front of the net while admiring his shot.

Starbuds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:00 PM
CupofOil

Not surprised. He was a complete liability with the little icetime that he was given, waste of a roster spot IMO, just not an NHL caliber player. I do wish him the best, he seems like a great guy who had good intentions to play his role and protect the kids. He just wasn't good enough.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

If Minnesota were to waive Kassian since they've acquired Rupp would you claim him? IMO he's a lot more intimidating than Hordi was.

02-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Harley

It's the Oilers. Our entire management group thinks its more important to have a somewhat talented fourth line that can play 8-10 minutes a night than to carry a legit fighter that plays less than 5 but goes out and drops the mitts when teams run our stars.

Trouble with the Oilers is that we have next to no toughness anywhere else in the lineup. As a single move I don't really care that we drop Hordi who obviously wasn't going to play for Krueger. I have a huge problem with this management group that refuses to do its job and bring in some size and muscle to stop the carnage of your young stars taking to the ice every game with bulls eyes on their backs and having teams run them with impunity.

It's easy to tell the boys to suck it up and go out and do your jobs when the toughest thing you will have to contend with all day is what colour of tie you should wear with what suit.

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Gmen 1

This is the NHL, you have to have some presence in your line up, or guys will take liberties. You will not win many games when your stars are on the IR. We need to add a true 4th line, Smyth, Petrell, Belanger are not the answer.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:05 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
If Minnesota were to waive Kassian since they've acquired Rupp would you claim him? IMO he's a lot more intimidating than Hordi was.
Not a chance. Kassian's way more of a liability since he has 0 self control

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
This is the NHL, you have to have some presence in your line up, or guys will take liberties. You will not win many games when your stars are on the IR. We need to add a true 4th line, Smyth, Petrell, Belanger are not the answer.
So how was Hodi providing that from the PB?

Booya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Not a chance. Kassian's way more of a liability since he has 0 self control
Nothing wrong with that when you need a player like that. It might not be often but it's nice to have.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:11 PM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuds View Post
He took dumb penalties a lot despite getting minimal ice time. Dived all over the place. Injured himself more often than he did the other players. Not gonna miss him.
This belongs in the Ryan Smyth thread no?

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Funny how in the past few years the Oilers have employed guys like Hordichuk, Stortini, Macintrye and Boulerice to ensure people don't mess with their player, yet always seem to suffer injuries.

Moose Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:13 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Nothing wrong with that when you need a player like that. It might not be often but it's nice to have.
i dont know if you saw the TO/Mtl game saturday but the leafs were up 6-0 and Orr took a full speed run at plecanic and just missed, then gionta came at orr and he tossed him aside then one punched rene bourqe. it was awesome. I would love to have someone buckwild like that. the fear of crazy would keep everyone in check. I think ben eager can be that guy and hopefully will soon.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
**** yes I would.

Puritania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:17 PM
oilexport

Hordichuk is a willing fighter but he's not going to win most fights anyway against heavyweights.

Even our fighters are small, wish him well

oilexport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Gmen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Funny how in the past few years the Oilers have employed guys like Hordichuk, Stortini, Macintrye and Boulerice to ensure people don't mess with their player, yet always seem to suffer injuries.
Your not going to scare or provide a presence from the PB or stapled to the bench, we need guys that can play as well.

Hordy can easily have been that guy playing 8mins a night, but he wasn't given the chance, only guy in our system is Moroz and he's a ways away.

Let's hope our scouts address this moving forward, we need grit and size somewhere in the line up.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Mikey71

I know I have pimped him for a while, but I hope Tambo is looking at Winnipeg and jumps at claiming Anthony Peluso if he is placed on waivers. He is a legit heavy that has hung in there well with Matt Kassian among others, is a big dude in his early 20's that can actually play and put up a few points. He would be the most productive heavy we have had is YEARS.

Mikey71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:23 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
Wish him nothing but the best.
Same here. At least he tried to do his job.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Your not going to scare or provide a presence from the PB or stapled to the bench, we need guys that can play as well.

Hordy can easily have been that guy playing 8mins a night, but he wasn't given the chance, only guy in our system is Moroz and he's a ways away.

Let's hope our scouts address this moving forward, we need grit and size somewhere in the line up.
If Hordichuk could play 8 minutes a night, he wouldn't be on waivers. Classic, one-dimensional goon.

Moose Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:28 PM
oilersfan11

Damn....I was hoping that the Oilers would place Ryan Smyth on waivers.

I guess it's not going to happen.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote