Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

General OT Thread #26: The #NHLisback Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Karl

vCash: 500
Anyone else excited for The Walking Dead tomorrow night? Can't wait love that show.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:53 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Anyone else excited for The Walking Dead tomorrow night? Can't wait love that show.

My gf has not seen the first half of season 3, but it starts on marathon at noon tomorrow(central time), and we're going to watch through it. It was so good and I cannot wait for this show to start up again. So good.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:00 AM
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post

My gf has not seen the first half of season 3, but it starts on marathon at noon tomorrow(central time), and we're going to watch through it. It was so good and I cannot wait for this show to start up again. So good.
I know best show on tv imo. I was late to the party and was bored one day during the lock out and started watching it on Netflix. I couldn't stop watching it! Plus it was great no commercials and I could start a new episode when one ended, it was like a movie! Then I caught up. But Hell yeah it is back!

Old
02-10-2013, 10:55 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Jaws 3D is incredibly bad.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:42 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Jaws 3D is incredibly bad.
In Jaws 4 the shark follows them from the USA to the bahamas

Old
02-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Yuuuuuuuppppp

Old
02-10-2013, 02:30 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
In Jaws 4 the shark follows them from the USA to the bahamas
And Michael Caine was unable to accept his Oscar for this POS! It's amazing how every Jaws sequel is 10x worse than the last movie yet they don't ruin the appeal of the original.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
02-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Old
02-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy View Post
I friggin love that show.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:07 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Nerd alert! Two stand alone films are planned for the Star Wars universe: a young Han Solo based one (before A New Hope) and a Boba Fett one set between A New Hope and Empire strikes back.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:11 AM
FUBAR McDangles

Quote:
Nerd alert! Two stand alone films are planned for the Star Wars universe: a young Han Solo based one (before A New Hope) and a Boba Fett one set between A New Hope and Empire strikes back.
John Noble is also apparently going to be the villain in Episode VII

Old
02-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I like the concept of a Han Solo back story. But it will be very difficult to try and mimic Harrison Ford's character. Kind of like the new Star Trek movie kind of imitated but didn't really capture Shatner's charm.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Watched the Grammys last night. I look way too similar to Marcus Mumford, especially now that he's put on some weight.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I like the concept of a Han Solo back story. But it will be very difficult to try and mimic Harrison Ford's character. Kind of like the new Star Trek movie kind of imitated but didn't really capture Shatner's charm.
The Han Solo film better not contradict anything in the Han Solo trilogy. It basically *IS* Han Solo's backstory. Very in-depth and interesting. Goes into how he met Chewie, got the Falcon, and even some of the driving forces that got the rebellion going.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:00 PM
FUBAR McDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
The Han Solo film better not contradict anything in the Han Solo trilogy. It basically *IS* Han Solo's backstory. Very in-depth and interesting. Goes into how he met Chewie, got the Falcon, and even some of the driving forces that got the rebellion going.
Theyve already said that they dont really care if they break the expanded universe. If some stuff gets left untouched, great, but otherwise the new stuff trumps the old stuff and they do not give a **** if people get mad.

And honestly, i like that idea. Nobody wants strict adaptations, and people want brand new stuff. No way to appease both parties.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I thought the Han Solo Trilogy was not well-liked among Star Wars fans?

I doubt the movies will ever be as good as books though.

Part of the thing with Star Wars though, the original trilogy, much less about the sci-fi and much more about the fantasy. It wasn't so much the story and the special effects and all that, but the coolness of the characters, the amazing concept of the Force, I think even the possibilities. The movies were open enough that your mind filled in the blanks and we tended to fill them with things that made them better.

Contrasted with the newer trilogy, very much bogged down in the details, really bad and bland actors, they basically made an awful backstory to the original movies and instead of giving us cool characters and possibilities, they ran through all the boring details of the story and rather than inferring this massive war, spent half the film with action CGI sequences.

I suppose that's one of the good parts of JJ Abrams Star Trek movie, it was heavy on characters and broad plot lines, and kind of in that way was closer to Star Wars than to Star Trek.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:10 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Quote:
Are you suggesting that Harrison Ford himself does NOT play young Solo?

Old
02-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Theyve already said that they dont really care if they break the expanded universe. If some stuff gets left untouched, great, but otherwise the new stuff trumps the old stuff and they do not give a **** if people get mad.

And honestly, i like that idea. Nobody wants strict adaptations, and people want brand new stuff. No way to appease both parties.

And then I suppose all the new EU content will have to ignore all the contradicted EU material afterwards.

Honestly I would not mind if they forked the universes and gave each one their own continuity.

Quote:
I thought the Han Solo Trilogy was not well-liked among Star Wars fans?

I doubt the movies will ever be as good as books though.

Part of the thing with Star Wars though, the original trilogy, much less about the sci-fi and much more about the fantasy. It wasn't so much the story and the special effects and all that, but the coolness of the characters, the amazing concept of the Force, I think even the possibilities. The movies were open enough that your mind filled in the blanks and we tended to fill them with things that made them better.

Contrasted with the newer trilogy, very much bogged down in the details, really bad and bland actors, they basically made an awful backstory to the original movies and instead of giving us cool characters and possibilities, they ran through all the boring details of the story and rather than inferring this massive war, spent half the film with action CGI sequences.

I suppose that's one of the good parts of JJ Abrams Star Trek movie, it was heavy on characters and broad plot lines, and kind of in that way was closer to Star Wars than to Star Trek.
I liked the Han Solo Trilogy. There are only a handful of Star Wars books I did not like. The Jedi Academy trilogy, Jedi Trial, The Bounty Hunter Wars. Those ones I did not like. Every other book that I have read has been anywhere from good to excellent to outstanding.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

From the hilarious pictures thread in the Lounge:

Old
02-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Oh my god that's awesome. I lost it when the handler biffed on the ice.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:41 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Bought myself an IPad, to see if its a useful thing for college. It's fun so far at least.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
And Michael Caine was unable to accept his Oscar for this POS! It's amazing how every Jaws sequel is 10x worse than the last movie yet they don't ruin the appeal of the original.
I had to look that up. Michael Caine won it for Hannah and her sisters. He couldn't make it to the Academy Awards ceremony because they were filming Jaws 4 at the same time.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

My headset, which I bought not more than 2 months ago, has started doing that annoying thing where the right channel keeps cutting in and out, because it is apparently made of substandard garbage.

That is the last time I buy a logitech headset. going to go to the store tomorrow to get a new one.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Tartan
Sweet Dreams

Wow, shooting one mile from my house.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Wow, shooting one mile from my house.
We had a high speed chase on Hwy 71 down here. It came by my house. Was pretty awesome. Stripped his tires and everything.

Closed Thread