HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part V)

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

vCash: 500
It was an alright episode. Not their best, but certainly not their worst.

Does Herschel know that Maggie was "attacked" by the Gov'nr? That scene with Glen, Maggie and Herschel confused me.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:12 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
I think he knows something went on.
He could see the tension between the two, and the bruises all over Glenn's face. I think he'd have to assume that something also happened to Maggie.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
The way Glenn is playing it up, people probably think a lot worse happened to her than what really did.

I think he's just a bit miffed at her because he took his lumps, and she gave the prison up fairly quickly when they were in the same room.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:50 AM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
The way Glenn is playing it up, people probably think a lot worse happened to her than what really did.

I think he's just a bit miffed at her because he took his lumps, and she gave the prison up fairly quickly when they were in the same room.
I don't think it's that. I think he's mad at the position they were put in and Glen felt like he couldn't do anything to stop it. Then, when he felt like he could contribute and take some of the onus off of Maggie (going back to Woodbury) Rick didn't let him.

I know sometimes I get in 'moods' like Glen is in where the anger is upon himself and others, not necessarily Maggie, but it appears that he's mad at her when he's really not, just in a general funk towards everyone including himself.

I don't know, the way Glen was acting tonight hit close to home for me at least.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:03 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I don't think it's that. I think he's mad at the position they were put in and Glen felt like he couldn't do anything to stop it. Then, when he felt like he could contribute and take some of the onus off of Maggie (going back to Woodbury) Rick didn't let him.

I know sometimes I get in 'moods' like Glen is in where the anger is upon himself and others, not necessarily Maggie, but it appears that he's mad at her when he's really not, just in a general funk towards everyone including himself.

I don't know, the way Glen was acting tonight hit close to home for me at least.
Yeah that scene was pretty powerful I thought. Best acting I've seen from him since the show starting. Not saying he's been bad but he never really had shining moments.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:06 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post

You are spot on there. Probably doesn't help that Glenn had his chance to take Merle out before he even took Glenn and Maggie, but Merle was too fast and then Rick lets him live.(Not that Rick really had a choice.)

Funny enough though, if he doesn't check that attitude, Maggie is going to end up being pissed off at him.

So.......Rick is friggin losing it.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Don't forget Glenn was also pretty miffed at Rick for not killing the Gov. He's just really in an angry place right now, some warranted, some not.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:10 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

This and oh my god this. Lol. I swear it's like some people forget the predicament these people are in. Why are these characters expected to react to their adversity the way they're supposed to? The whole point of this show is to show that people won't act the way they should in a situation like this. If you want people to behave like perfect level headed angels in a zombie apocalypse, this show and genre clearly aren't for you. Rick holds the biggest burden of anyone on the show and he's still fresh off of mourning his wife. Andrea has no excuse for her stupidity. Rick absolutely does. Why isn't anyone whining about Daryl deciding to leave the group?

Old
02-11-2013, 12:19 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I just started watching this show this weekend.
Watched the marathon season 2 run, then season 3, and finally the new episode.
Gonna have to go back and watch season 1.

Question, though...

Do a lot of spoilers from the comic book get posted in here?
I've never seen it, and had no clue that certain people are destined to join the group -- because they were integral in the comic.
While I'd like to read the thread and get everyone's take on what happened, is happening, or could happen, I don't want any spoilers.
Spoilers kinda...well...spoil it.
I would avoid spoilers...but only because they hint at what could happen. Lori's death was supposed to come much later in this Woodbury vs prison storyline. Tyreese was supposed to be a part of the group before they even found the prison. That's a spoiler but honestly its not a major one. With the original group whittled so thin you had to think that they'd get some new guys along the way.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:21 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Andrea has no excuse for her stupidity.
Thank you!!!

I know a person can make bad choices, but that many...all in a row?

Old
02-11-2013, 12:27 PM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

I can't say I'm really enjoying Ricks insanity. I think Lincoln is doing a great job trying to sell it, but the writing for Ricks episodes have been poorly executed thus far. The phone call scenes earlier in the season were not believable at all, nor did it attract my attention.

This latest bout of Rick losing it is a bit better, but none the less quite cringe worthy.

I really, really wish they would have had Rick lose 'something else' instead of this.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:01 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
I can't say I'm really enjoying Ricks insanity. I think Lincoln is doing a great job trying to sell it, but the writing for Ricks episodes have been poorly executed thus far. The phone call scenes earlier in the season were not believable at all, nor did it attract my attention.

This latest bout of Rick losing it is a bit better, but none the less quite cringe worthy.

I really, really wish they would have had Rick lose 'something else' instead of this.
I'm feeling the same way. Kind of being turned off by it to be honest.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post

Yeah I wasnt a fan of his little freak out at the end of the episode. He keeps his **** together for the entire episode but all of a sudden freaks out?

Im betting the baby doesnt survive the season.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

vCash: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
You got me all wrong here I think. I loved Rick's transformation from cautious humanitarian leader, to the guy that won't let people stay with his group because he trusts no one. I just don't find the crazy thing to be good TV, and it got old very quickly for me. The phone thing was fine, and then to follow up with the explanation of the phone in the next episode closed the book on it, or so I thought.
Fair point. I can respect that.

I actually enjoy his descent into madness and think that Lincoln pulls it off pretty well. I guess where we differ is I always kind of expected it to be a season long arc, if you will, rather than an episode or two and looked at the phone call from Lori as foreshadowing that this guy was on the verge of a full blown nervous breakdown.

I think it will be resolved in the next few episodes one way or another. Either with others in the group asserting themselves in more of a leadership role or Rick going the way of Shane. I really am hoping for the former.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:50 PM
kmart

Send a message via MSN to kmart
rick lost it now 2-3 times.... the phone and when his son told him lori died and now this. actually u can count his speech how he is in charge at the start of the season.

so my conclusion

rick=mental instable, also there is something off about how he points with his gun at people... its like he is every time about to pull the trigger.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
Yeah I wasnt a fan of his little freak out at the end of the episode. He keeps his **** together for the entire episode but all of a sudden freaks out?

Im betting the baby doesnt survive the season.
He saw a hallucination of Lori... uh, if my mind was conjuring up the image of my dead wife standing creepily in the shadows I think that I would break down too. It's not a normal occurrence last I checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
This and oh my god this. Lol. I swear it's like some people forget the predicament these people are in. Why are these characters expected to react to their adversity the way they're supposed to? The whole point of this show is to show that people won't act the way they should in a situation like this. If you want people to behave like perfect level headed angels in a zombie apocalypse, this show and genre clearly aren't for you. Rick holds the biggest burden of anyone on the show and he's still fresh off of mourning his wife. Andrea has no excuse for her stupidity. Rick absolutely does. Why isn't anyone whining about Daryl deciding to leave the group?

This.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:58 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
What was the reference?!
He was listing off names like Smith, Walker, Jones, etc. then dropped a "Heisenberg" in with them. Pretty cool.

They also had a BB reference early in S2 when Daryl was going through Merle's possessions and found some of the blue crystal.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:04 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
He was listing off names like Smith, Walker, Jones, etc. then dropped a "Heisenberg" in with them. Pretty cool.

They also had a BB reference early in S2 when Daryl was going through Merle's possessions and found some of the blue crystal.
Sweet, I thought that was a weird name to hear.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
He saw a hallucination of Lori... uh, if my mind was conjuring up the image of my dead wife standing creepily in the shadows I think that I would break down too. It's not a normal occurrence last I checked.
Thats what Im saying, he was perfectly fine the entire episode but all of a sudden goes crazy. I think the implication was perhaps that the baby triggered it, hence my prediction. Still I think it was a stupid way to end the episode, especially with little to no foreshadowing of it.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Thats what Im saying, he was perfectly fine the entire episode but all of a sudden goes crazy. I think the implication was perhaps that the baby triggered it, hence my prediction. Still I think it was a stupid way to end the episode, especially with little to no foreshadowing of it.
Well he was full of adrenaline the entire episode, **** was constantly happening, he didn't have an opportunity to go crazy yet. Then he came to prison, he's safe, it's quiet, he's exhausted, his brain go nuts. I can believe that, even though I wasn't a fan of the actual freakout; I think when you are around people, you tend to ignore your hallucinations, rather than confronting them, especially as a leader. The baby is obviously the trigger.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:09 PM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Well he was full of adrenaline the entire episode, **** was constantly happening, he didn't have an opportunity to go crazy yet. Then he came to prison, he's safe, it's quiet, he's exhausted, his brain go nuts. I can believe that, even though I wasn't a fan of the actual freakout; I think when you are around people, you tend to ignore your hallucinations, rather than confronting them, especially as a leader. The baby is obviously the trigger.
I think it was also a "Oh no, I have to be responsible for more people I can watch die, turn zombie, leave with their psycho hillbilly brother, etc etc etc!" thing as well. Yeah, Rick clearly needs a timeout in a cell. Glen/Tyrese/Herschel/whoever have to step up and fill the leadership void.

Darryl has to be back. There's no way they leave his story hanging.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

Quote:
Perhaps it would have been more appropriate to have the hallucination when he was holding the baby?

Kitten & Prosthetic bring up some good points too. Looked like he was ready to at least entertain the thought of accepting Tyreese's group before Lori showed up. Having to be accountable for more people, virtual unknowns at that, seemed to also trigger that hallucination. Makes sense with the bottled up guilt and remorse he's struggling with.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
I think it was also a "Oh no, I have to be responsible for more people I can watch die, turn zombie, leave with their psycho hillbilly brother, etc etc etc!" thing as well. Yeah, Rick clearly needs a timeout in a cell. Glen/Tyrese/Herschel/whoever have to step up and fill the leadership void.

Darryl has to be back. There's no way they leave his story hanging.
Think this ends with a confrontation between Daryl and Merle with Daryl having to kill him.

Maybe Merle is, for lack of a better term, a wolf in sheep's clothing. His thought process is erratic to me but perhaps he figured that getting inside the prison and working as an inside man for the Governor and Woodbury was a possibility. His outburst when he called the group a bunch of ******* was perhaps just Merle acting as Merle but it also told me this character has no desire to reform.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Comics are only SLIGHTLY influential of the TV show in most aspects.

Spoil:
Dale is still alive in the comics at this point (in the show)
Merle, Daryl and T-dog didn't exist in the comics.
The baby died when lori died
Ben had a twin brother, Billy
Tyreese would have been with the group since season 1 or early season 2.
Otis would have lasted way longer.

Oh yeah, and they didn't go to the CDC (I don't think, memory is foggy)

Not huge points, but enough to show that Comic spoilers mean diddly squat.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:52 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Perhaps it would have been more appropriate to have the hallucination when he was holding the baby?

Kitten & Prosthetic bring up some good points too. Looked like he was ready to at least entertain the thought of accepting Tyreese's group before Lori showed up. Having to be accountable for more people, virtual unknowns at that, seemed to also trigger that hallucination. Makes sense with the bottled up guilt and remorse he's struggling with.
True, but you could see something starting while he was holding it.

Closed Thread