HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - San Jose / Montreal - Colorado / Montreal - New Jersey

Old
02-10-2013, 09:16 AM
AslanRH
Eternal Optimist

vCash: 50
Doubt the Avs trade McCleod, but Kobasew would probably be available for a bottom line player who can play on the PK and Kobasew fits the pending UFA status you are looking for.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Domino11

vCash: 500
As Mtl fan I do none of those trade !! Poor value ...

If u want to sell all your player then get some pick not other player .. MB said it a rebuilt is made by the draft not trade

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trembz420 View Post
I agree that the trade needs to be tweaked a bit yes,. Although Danny Kristo was a former second round pick and chances are he's gonna play on one of the top 2 lines when he's ready.. So Kristo > 3rd round pick... As for Gionta and Armstrong, I can see why that doesn't impress you much, but Gionta is still capable of notching 25 goals in a full season .. But I agree.. Armstrong is not the difference between the two..

So how about .. Gionta, Eller and nashvilles second rounder.. For the same return?
Still No

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:03 PM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

Really as a Sharks fan I don't dislike the deal, and I think it would make the Sharks better now. Cole is overpaid, but a very good fit for what they need. If Cole is making less money it's a great trade, but with his cap hit/salary I just don't know if it's worth it.

SnarkAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
you want Clarkson ??

I dont see Subban or Pacioretty or Plekanec in the deal. Sooo big No. Soo come back to me when your willing to deal one of them. You must massively overpay to get Clarkson
I usually hate these kind of replies, but this one is 100% dead on. We are not giving up enough to get that Devils trade going, and Clarkson is to NJ as Pacioretty is to Montreal.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnarkAttack View Post
Really as a Sharks fan I don't dislike the deal, and I think it would make the Sharks better now. Cole is overpaid, but a very good fit for what they need. If Cole is making less money it's a great trade, but with his cap hit/salary I just don't know if it's worth it.
Cole makes 4.5 million. He scored 30+ goals, 60+ points, last season as a power forward. How in heck is that "overpaid"? How many other guys making those point totals make less than Cole? Come on, know a little bit about the cap hit, contract, and point production of the player, in conjunction with his comparable peers, before making such a statement. Cole is a cap gem at last year's productivity.

The deal seems fair because of Clowe's potential and skill set being offset by Cole's. I do not want to trade Cole, but this is the type of deal I would think about.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:57 PM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Cole makes 4.5 million. He scored 30+ goals, 60+ points, last season as a power forward. How in heck is that "overpaid"? How many other guys making those point totals make less than Cole? Come on, know a little bit about the cap hit, contract, and point production of the player, in conjunction with his comparable peers, before making such a statement. Cole is a cap gem at last year's productivity.

The deal seems fair because of Clowe's potential and skill set being offset by Cole's. I do not want to trade Cole, but this is the type of deal I would think about.
He's overpaid because that 60 point season is not at all his career average. I agree he's a very good player, but it's more likely he's a 25G/50P player getting paid at 4.5 Mil until he's 36. Not a huge overpayment, but still a bit. The Sharks also have very important contract raises due next year, which a lot of money on the books (As opposed 2 impending UFAs) would likely destroy, especially with the cap situation next year.

SnarkAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:13 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

I think we can do better for Clowe and Murray than Erik Cole. No bad, but no thanks.

DuckEatinShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:17 PM
MikeC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post

Erik Cole
Petteri Nokelainen
Raphael Diaz

Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray

----------------------------

Yannick Weber
Mike Blunden

Ryan O'Byrne
Cody McLeod

---------------------------------------------
McCleod >>>>>>> Blunden

O'Byrne is a 3rd pairing dman but he plays on our 1rst PK unit. Weber was not even to crack the Habs line-up when Subban was out so ....

So a big no from Colorado and you pay for that call or you need to add at least a 2nd

MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post

Erik Cole
Petteri Nokelainen
Raphael Diaz

Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray

----------------------------

Yannick Weber
Mike Blunden

Ryan O'Byrne
Cody McLeod

---------------------------------------------

Brian Gionta
Danny Kristo
Colby Armstrong

David Clarkson
3rd round pick
Cole and Gionta both have no trade clauses. Won't be moved.

Mats86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trembz420 View Post
I agree that the trade needs to be tweaked a bit yes,. Although Danny Kristo was a former second round pick and chances are he's gonna play on one of the top 2 lines when he's ready.. So Kristo > 3rd round pick... As for Gionta and Armstrong, I can see why that doesn't impress you much, but Gionta is still capable of notching 25 goals in a full season .. But I agree.. Armstrong is not the difference between the two..

So how about .. Gionta, Eller and nashvilles second rounder.. For the same return?
Value not bad there. It's a good deal, but the Devils won't do it. Clarkson is likely to bea Devil for a long time unless Lou lowballed him, which he'd be stupid to do.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Cole and Gionta both have no trade clauses. Won't be moved.
I think both would waive it for the proposed locations they are dealt to. Especially Gionta to play with his bro, I would love Gio here, but there's no room as RW is our strong side. We need LW.

I think Gionta might return though when he gets to UFA.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Arrch

Unless Boyle is flipped for a young, cheap forward, Sharks can't afford Cole next year.

Arrch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:34 PM
PATCHESx67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
you want Clarkson ??

I dont see Subban or Pacioretty or Plekanec in the deal. Sooo big No. Soo come back to me when your willing to deal one of them. You must massively overpay to get Clarkson
relax buddy,relax

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
I think we can do better for Clowe and Murray than Erik Cole. No bad, but no thanks.
I guess you missed the young 27-year-old defenseman, who plays almost 20-minutes a game, who has 9-points in 11-games, signed for a steal of a contract next season with a cap hit of $1.225M.... the player who is the best player and holds the most value in the trade.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Arrch

Edit: Nevermind, not worth the argument.

Arrch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:55 AM
nilan30

As a Habs fan I expect the other team to say no quickly to each one of those trades. The only trade that looks about fair to me is the one with the Sharks but Erik Cole has not only been bad this year but it seems like he has no interest in playing hard and wants to retire after this year.

Actually I guess the trade with Colorado may be fair but I simply like the two Avs platers much more than the Habs guys involved.

nilan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
I guess you missed the young 27-year-old defenseman, who plays almost 20-minutes a game, who has 9-points in 11-games, signed for a steal of a contract next season with a cap hit of $1.225M.... the player who is the best player and holds the most value in the trade.

I'm guessing the reason he didn't mention Diaz is because the Sharks have zero need for him. They currently have 8 NHL-ready defensemen, 4 or 5 of whom have skillsets similar to Diaz's. That's not a knock on Diaz as he's a great young talent, but he's a bad fit for the Sharks. There only need right now is a fast winger with sniping ability (though a new coach wouldn't hurt either ).

Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
I'm guessing the reason he didn't mention Diaz is because the Sharks have zero need for him. They currently have 8 NHL-ready defensemen, 4 or 5 of whom have skillsets similar to Diaz's. That's not a knock on Diaz as he's a great young talent, but he's a bad fit for the Sharks. There only need right now is a fast winger with sniping ability (though a new coach wouldn't hurt either ).
That's fair.

And fine counter proposal..

coach for coach

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
That's fair.

And fine counter proposal..

coach for coach

Oh man, if Marleau went into a shell when Ron Wilson was here I can only imagine what would happen if Thierrien were thrown into the mix.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now   Reply With Quote