Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread III

Old
02-09-2013, 02:52 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Unfortunately, I donít see Knight making the team next year. This will ruffle a few feathers, but the kid lost almost an entire year of development due to injuries and I think this will hinder his development in the short term (2013-14 season). Spooner on the other hand has been one of the most impressive rookies in the AHL, eighth in rookie scoring (six players ahead of him played more games) and four of the eight are older than Spooner. I think he has earned a chance to play this year (if only a taste) with a real chance to make the club next year. Hell, I could see Spooner becoming the third line left wing this season.

What I think is realistic is Spooner makes the team next season, Hamilton replaces Ference and Thornton retires or plays in Providence with MacDermid taking his place. Love Shawn Thornton but letís be realistic, heís 35 now and thatís pretty old for a player in his role.
The last part of your post is just ridiculous. You realize that if they send Thornton down to the AHL (which will never happen) that they still have his cap hit count right? So that does absolutely nothing to help us. Again just because he lost a fight doesn't mean he's done or that he can no longer handle his job.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:06 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Is Caron hurt again? I notice he wasn't in the lineup last night

Old
02-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Is Caron hurt again? I notice he wasn't in the lineup last night
Nobody was in the lineup last night. The game was postponed.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 04:18 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
The last part of your post is just ridiculous. You realize that if they send Thornton down to the AHL (which will never happen) that they still have his cap hit count right? So that does absolutely nothing to help us. Again just because he lost a fight doesn't mean he's done or that he can no longer handle his job.
I already got the Spooner part rigtht, and the Thomas trade to the Islanders, so put me on record that IF, IF, IF Knight's hammy is healed up and he can get TEN games in Providence he'll not be up in 2015, 2014 but howzabout April this year.

More than 2/3rds of the teams in the previous 48 game lockout year used over 30 players so considering the Bruins will play 17 games in 31 days the most I believe in any month in their history, their is a good chance if JK is healthy he's in.

I has Spooner pegged for March because of this, the Bruins depth at center and his play in Providence. I was obviously wrong as he almost snuck in during January.

Thornton will never be sent down. They have super respect for this guy over there. Lost in a lot of our posts is the human element and relationships that have been established. We see these guys as faceless baseball or hockey cards, to be flipped and tossed to the gutter after a bad game, shift, fight. They see them differently and why I can tell you they are collectively rooting for Chris Bourque and believe he's more than just a charity case. Recently I was told by someone who kinda doesn't think he will make it here, but hedged to say he is pretty highly skilled, and is very competitive and fearless (that I never realized) and the size and just a level down in the speed is what is keeping him from being a good NHLer at worst. He went on to say he may surprise and stick, that would not suprise him either, just all things equal he goes the other way but not a lock.

I also think we see Sauve, Caron, probably Camper and a few of the defeneseman play before the final game in late April barring amazing health in Boston,

JK's expected time of arrival as a full time may be 2014-15, but I disagree on that as well and put it at next year, but his expected time if healthy of being in the NHL to me is before the snow from this storm melts. Only injury will prove me wrong imo.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Topshelf88

Krug, Spooner, and Camper all looked great today. Krug set up Camper for the first goal, beauty cross crease feed. Spooner will be in the NHL sooner than later, kid just has it.

Topshelf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
Krug, Spooner, and Camper all looked great today. Krug set up Camper for the first goal, beauty cross crease feed. Spooner will be in the NHL sooner than later, kid just has it.
Whose place does he take on the NHL roster? A natural centre in the mold of Savard, does he force a spot at that position on the Bruins?

Or does he go the Seguin route, and play wing?

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
True Grit

Awards:
Nm wrong thread

You tell 'em I'M coming...

and Hell's coming with me, you hear?! ... Hell's coming with me!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Topshelf88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Whose place does he take on the NHL roster? A natural centre in the mold of Savard, does he force a spot at that position on the Bruins?

Had him on the wing today, half boards on the powerplay. Wouldn't mind seeing that when he goes up to Boston, he looked really good in both spots.

Topshelf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Damn, how much is Looch making next year?

02-10-2013, 08:04 PM
finchster

Quote:
My mistake, I forgot that players buried in the minors who make over 900k count against the cap now. However, I have been stating this long before he lost the fight to Scott
Quote:
I will reserve judgement until I see the terms but two years seems one year too many in my opinion. I like Thornton but he will be 35 next year, that is rather old for an enforcer. But if he can keep up his play I won't have any issues bringing him back
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...light=thornton
DATE: 03-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Hell Dredeye, you quoted me the next post in the thread . The point is for the role he’s in Shawn Thornton is up there in age and his play is starting to show it. Last season he averaged 9:10 minutes a game, this season prior to the Scott fight his highest TOI was 6:31. I like Shawn Thornton, but there is nothing wrong with stating he might be too old for the enforcer role with the Bruins. Also from a value for money perspective, if he is only going to play 5/6 minutes a night paying him 1.1 million isn’t the most efficient use of the cap when it will be lower next season. I’d rather find cheap fourth line replacements than say bye to Horton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post

I remember reading he wants to play center and doesn’t feel comfortable on the wing, Peverley and Kelly can both play the wing.
Kelly – Spooner – Peverley next season.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:14 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Nobody was in the lineup last night. The game was postponed.
well he wasn't in the game tonight so is he hurt?

Old
02-10-2013, 08:52 PM
BUTerriersHockey

vCash: 50
krug is on fire lately ....Could be a good replacement for ference next year on the cheap. And he provides some offense.

last 6 games: 4g 6a +5

BUTerriersHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:03 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbratmarchand View Post
krug is on fire lately ....Could be a good replacement for ference next year on the cheap. And he provides some offense.

Not that I disagree but he's also not exactly cheap. If he meets his performance bonuses his contract is 450k less than Ference's current one.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Not that I disagree but he's also not exactly cheap. If he meets his performance bonuses his contract is 450k less than Ference's current one.
If he meets his performance bonuses than he will have been more valuable to us than Ference.

Win/Win.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:07 PM
neelynugs

Quote:

I remember reading he wants to play center and doesn’t feel comfortable on the wing, Peverley and Kelly can both play the wing.
Kelly – Spooner – Peverley next season.
that's what i was expecting to see. obviously we don't know what cuts chia will make w-r-t the cap, as we'll probably be losing at least 1-2 guys. but if you go with K-S-P with spoons in the middle, claude has the option of using his wingers as faceoff guys depending on the side of the draw (and especially in the D-zone, if they are stuck on ice).

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:26 AM
slegr_71

Send a message via AIM to slegr_71 Send a message via Yahoo to slegr_71
Quote:
well he wasn't in the game tonight so is he hurt?
Yes, Caron is hurt again. He took a puck to the face last weekend. Here's a link to the pic: http://3432-boston.voxcdn.com/files/...ry-600x800.jpg

slegr_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:49 AM
DKH

Quote:

Maybe its me but watching Ference he is playing like he knows he's gone- Don Sweeney will want to add one of these guys to the parent club be it Warsofsky, Bartkowski, Krug, Miller....all should make quite a bit less than Ference, and the bump to Horton and Rask will be lessened

Old
02-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by slegr_71 View Post
Yes, Caron is hurt again. He took a puck to the face last weekend. Here's a link to the pic: http://3432-boston.voxcdn.com/files/...ry-600x800.jpg
Tell me that picture was not taken to send home to mom.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Maybe its me but watching Ference he is playing like he knows he's gone- Don Sweeney will want to add one of these guys to the parent club be it Warsofsky, Bartkowski, Krug, Miller....all should make quite a bit less than Ference, and the bump to Horton and Rask will be lessened
Who is a better fit in Boston Miller or Trotman?

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:11 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
Who is a better fit in Boston Miller or Trotman?
I like them both but this is Kirk's Call....I have to admit I really like Trotman

Old
02-11-2013, 12:29 PM
PlayMakers

Quote:

He was the best player on the ice yesterday IMO.

He had a sick feed to Camper on the first goal, cutting down the slot, putting the puck on his backhand like he was going to shoot it, and then making a hard pass across the slot to Camper for a shot into the empty net.

In the second while on the PP, he took a pass from his D partner and just turned on the jets. He swooped around the high guy on the PK and snapped off a wrister, over the goalie's blocker, from the high slot.

He scored again on a similar play in the 3rd, but it was called back on a questionable goalie interference call.

He won battles, he made smart outlets, he got involved in all 3 zones.

02-11-2013, 01:36 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
He was the best player on the ice yesterday IMO.

He had a sick feed to Camper on the first goal, cutting down the slot, putting the puck on his backhand like he was going to shoot it, and then making a hard pass across the slot to Camper for a shot into the empty net.

In the second while on the PP, he took a pass from his D partner and just turned on the jets. He swooped around the high guy on the PK and snapped off a wrister, over the goalie's blocker, from the high slot.

He scored again on a similar play in the 3rd, but it was called back on a questionable goalie interference call.

He won battles, he made smart outlets, he got involved in all 3 zones.
Krug, Knight, and Spooner are all roomies- and if all are healthy I can see them all in Boston before this storm melts

Old
02-11-2013, 01:39 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
If he meets his performance bonuses than he will have been more valuable to us than Ference.

Win/Win.
Very good point.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:40 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slegr_71 View Post
I was aware of that incident but for some reason didn't put it together that it may keep him out of the lineup. My bad. Does anyone know how long it's suppose to keep him out?

Old
02-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Kalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Anybody who goes to Prov games have a view on how Bart has looked? Read some quotes from Cassidy that suggest he's playing well. Maybe the 'safer' Ference replacement to start nect year?

Kalus is offline   Reply With Quote