HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brian Boyle for Defenseman

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2013, 11:39 AM
  #26
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist
 
Zoidberg Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: United States
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Any interest in Hamrlik?

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:39 AM
  #27
jayball75
Registered User
 
jayball75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
How about Eller + Weber. Tired of watching the Habs get pushed around especially by the leafs

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:44 AM
  #28
Theon
Fear the Beard
 
Theon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 3,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball75 View Post
How about Eller + Weber. Tired of watching the Habs get pushed around especially by the leafs
Deal.

Eller still has some offensive upside and Weber can slot nicely into our 3rd pairing. Boyle would look in MTL in a line with Prust. They had great chemistry last season.

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:44 AM
  #29
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
It was mentioned in another thread, but I think Boyle for Roszival makes a ton of sense for both teams.
Great deal for the Hawks. Lousy deal for the Rangers. We already had Roszival. Torts is not a big fan. Boyle for Leddy.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:51 AM
  #30
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,887
vCash: 500
Kyle Quincey has a $3.775M cap hit through 13-14. The Rangers can't afford that for essentially a 3rd pair defenseman.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:52 AM
  #31
Fly Like a C5
Registered User
 
Fly Like a C5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 902
vCash: 500
Boyle for Robidas

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:54 AM
  #32
Chelios
Registered User
 
Chelios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Great deal for the Hawks. Lousy deal for the Rangers. We already had Roszival. Torts is not a big fan. Boyle for Leddy.
Boyle wouldn't even get you a sniff at Leddy.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:45 PM
  #33
Homesick
Registered User
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,709
vCash: 50
Oilers could use him. A 3rd line centre with some size(and uses it). Peckham/Potter and a 2nd?

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:56 PM
  #34
jayball75
Registered User
 
jayball75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
Deal.

Eller still has some offensive upside and Weber can slot nicely into our 3rd pairing. Boyle would look in MTL in a line with Prust. They had great chemistry last season.
Ok call up slats and mb and get it done.

jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:06 PM
  #35
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Staal View Post
He's not a slow guy, fixed his skating problems from his first year with the team to the second year. The guy just fell out of the lineup. He's a great PK guy, and is a hard worker. Can definitely be a #3 C.



I'd definitely do Quincey for Boyle.



He's really fallen out of favor that badly?
In what world is Boyle not a slow guy. The guy can't skate. Is not good offensively (though on a good year he can get you around 10-12 goals, his 20 goal year was a fluke), but he's good defensively, blocking shots, and on the PK.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:09 PM
  #36
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ
 
DJENTLEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,636
vCash: 500
The Bruins would definitely be interested in adding Boyle should he become available. How is he as a left wing?


Would someone like Caron tickle your fancy?

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
  #37
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Komisarek + Leafs retain 2 million in cap for Boyle

12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
  #38
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Sold.
What he wrote is not true though. The guy is a BAD skater. Just because he improved doesn't make him good. He's also a below average 3rd line center. He'll be a good center if you want your 3rd line to be a shutdown line only. If you want some offense there are far better options. The Ranger's look like a completely different team with a 19 year old Miller as the center on the 3rd line.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:14 PM
  #39
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Great deal for the Hawks. Lousy deal for the Rangers. We already had Roszival. Torts is not a big fan. Boyle for Leddy.
If Rozsival is what he was with the Rangers he's clearly better than Boyle and Gilroy though.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:16 PM
  #40
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
The Bruins would definitely be interested in adding Boyle should he become available. How is he as a left wing?


Would someone like Caron tickle your fancy?
How about Spooner or Khoklachev?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:21 PM
  #41
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
If Rozsival is what he was with the Rangers he's clearly better than Boyle and Gilroy though.
The Roszival from 2006-07. How many years ago is that?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:22 PM
  #42
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
Boyle wouldn't even get you a sniff at Leddy.
If the Rangers wanted Roszival back,they would have signed him in the summer as a free agent.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:22 PM
  #43
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ
 
DJENTLEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
How about Spooner or Khoklachev?
I would have to believe that the Bruins would consider both untouchable unless there was a clear-cut "no brainer" of a move for either player, such as packaged in a deal with other players (like a Nathan Horton) for Corey Perry or packaged together for Iginla.

It just wouldn't make sense to deal either of them for Boyle at this point in each of their respective developments, considering the potential that the Bruins envision them reaching.

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:25 PM
  #44
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
I would have to believe that the Bruins would consider both untouchable unless there was a clear-cut "no brainer" of a move for either player, such as packaged in a deal with other players (like a Nathan Horton) for Corey Perry or packaged together for Iginla.

It just wouldn't make sense to deal either of them for Boyle at this point in each of their respective developments, considering the potential that the Bruins envision them reaching.
Fair enough, what about McQuaid?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:29 PM
  #45
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Staal View Post
What deals would your team do centered around Brian Boyle?
He still has talent, but he is going on 37 years old with another year of $6.67 mil.

I dont know. Depend if your team really can use the transition . That team could part with a low first or decent prospect.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:31 PM
  #46
MakeTheIronSing
Registered User
 
MakeTheIronSing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 500
From the sounds of it, boyle could be worked around a deal for goligoski, he was a healthy scratch the other night

MakeTheIronSing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:36 PM
  #47
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeTheIronSing View Post
From the sounds of it, boyle could be worked around a deal for goligoski, he was a healthy scratch the other night
Possibly, but Gogo makes a lot of money for quote a bit longer.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:47 PM
  #48
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ
 
DJENTLEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Fair enough, what about McQuaid?

No NHL ready defensemen in the system to fill Darth Quaider's spot (unfortunately).

If the Bruins are looking to move a defensemen it would have to be Ference given that he's in the last year of his contract and his play as been marginal at best this year. The sticking point again is that it would have to be for an upgrade at the position via packaging futures along with Ference.

Are you looking for an NHL ready player or would picks and prospects in return for Boyle be acceptable? Unfortunately the Bruins only have futures for sale at this point and in a trade for a player like Boyle it wouldn't include anyone like Spooner, Khoklachev, Subban, Svedberg, Knight etc.

As I stated in the original proposal, Caron is the most likely to be dealt out of the AHL guys in the system and he can be accompanied by picks and other prospects to get a deal done. Caron is an NHL level penalty killer, has wheels when he wants to use them, has an NHL quality net drive and good along the boards. For whatever reason he's having a really bad year down in Providence (like many other past 1st rounders have had in past years down in Providence), but a change of scenery could do the kid some good.

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:54 PM
  #49
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
No NHL ready defensemen in the system to fill Darth Quaider's spot (unfortunately).

If the Bruins are looking to move a defensemen it would have to be Ference given that he's in the last year of his contract and his play as been marginal at best this year. The sticking point again is that it would have to be for an upgrade at the position via packaging futures along with Ference.

Are you looking for an NHL ready player or would picks and prospects in return for Boyle be acceptable? Unfortunately the Bruins only have futures for sale at this point and in a trade for a player like Boyle it wouldn't include anyone like Spooner, Khoklachev, Subban, Svedberg, Knight etc.

As I stated in the original proposal, Caron is the most likely to be dealt out of the AHL guys in the system and he can be accompanied by picks and other prospects to get a deal done. Caron is an NHL level penalty killer, has wheels when he wants to use them, has an NHL quality net drive and good along the boards. For whatever reason he's having a really bad year down in Providence (like many other past 1st rounders have had in past years down in Providence), but a change of scenery could do the kid some good.
I would think futures would be okay. Not sure where Caron would fit with the recent acquisitions of Ferreiro, Mashinter, Palmieri + Miller, Kreider and the eventual maturation of Hrivik.

So maybe future picks?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:28 PM
  #50
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Rangers won't trade size to Boston

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.