HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Kesler

Old
02-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
What about it? I don't value Perry as a perennial 50 goal scorer or Hart winner. In fact, he's not even part of this debate, so I don't see why you're bringing him into this.
Uh, the whole argument started when a poster implied we would have to add to Kesler to get Perry. I said this was unrealistic, and that the only time we'd ever consider trading Kesler for a player on an expiring contract would be for a player like Weber.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:46 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
His value is probably similar to M. Richards. Blue chip prospect + 1st.

Huberdeau/Granlund/Tarasenko/etc + 1st is if we decided to retool Philly-style. However it makes no sense for us to trade him unless we're getting an upgrade, or we decide to retool.
Ding ding ding! I agree with what you're saying.

Blue chip + 1st != Weber though

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Wizeman*

vCash: 500
The only thing this thread is accomplishing is it attracting every malcontent who simply wants to troll the above players fan base.

Crosby is one hit from being permanently finished, so his worth is only a 3rd blah blah blah

Just walk away.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
You wouldn't get either of them straight up for Kesler simply because it makes no sense from Montreal's perspective.
Great because trading Kesler for a downgrade would be a down right terrible for a contending team like Vancouver. Only on HF are two inferior players worth more than Kesler. What I find funny is Kesler will likely be the US #1 centre in the Olympics and Pacioretty might not make the team, but no Pacioretty>Kesler

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
What about Plekanec Cole and a second ?
Cole has been a disaster thus far. Until he demonstrates something to suggest he does not already have one foot out the door. I want no part of him.

If the Habs ever sought Kesler. You have to start with Galchenyuk or we're not interested.

Quote:
You wouldn't get either of them straight up for Kesler simply because it makes no sense from Montreal's perspective.
Nor do I expect you to but Kesler is who you hope Galchenyuk evolve into eventually. Contrary to the HF mindset, already established players hold significantly higher value than high potential youth. Regardless, I could equally say trading Kesler makes no sense from Vancouver's perspective and render this whole debate moot.

Quote:
Maybe but Pleky is very impressive this season
Indeed he has. I have watched near every game this season. When I say Kesler is better. That is not a slate toward Plekanec by any means. The biggest deterrent to any comparison between them though is offense. Both are great players but Kesler is elite, whereas I would rank Plekanec a tier below alongside Bergeron, Couture and etc.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:50 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Uh, the whole argument started when a poster implied we would have to add to Kesler to get Perry. I said this was unrealistic, and that the only time we'd ever consider trading Kesler for a player on an expiring contract would be for a player like Weber.
Ahh OK, I interpreted it as you valuing Weber the same as Kesler. Perhaps that's all you'd consider trading Kesler for, but you'd be adding some pretty big pluses to get him. Not saying this will happen, nor am I saying that either team would do so.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Chacal667

[QUOTE=StarsFan74;59495283]His age has nothing to do with my argument. I asked if you thought Kesler's addition, at the expense of Pleks+ or Pleks++, made you contenders?

Edit: I apologize. I think I misunderstood the question perhaps. You mean to involve Kesler in a short rebuild since you are "far from a Stanley Cup." Is that what you meant? If that's the case, don't you think you're in the midst of one?[/QUOTE

That's exactly what I meant, excuse my bad english

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:52 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Great because trading Kesler for a downgrade would be a down right terrible for a contending team like Vancouver. Only on HF are two inferior players worth more than Kesler. What I find funny is Kesler will likely be the US #1 centre in the Olympics and Pacioretty might not make the team, but no Pacioretty>Kesler
Show me the exact place in my quote where I said that they're worth more. I dare you. I said, "IT MAKES NO SENSE FROM MONTREAL'S PERSPECTIVE."

Old
02-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Cole has been a disaster thus far. Until he demonstrates something to suggest he does not already have one foot out the door. I want no part of him.

If the Habs ever sought Kesler. You have to start with Galchenyuk or we're not interested.

Nor do I expect you to but Kesler is who you hope Galchenyuk evolve into eventually. Contrary to the HF mindset, already established players hold significantly higher value than high potential youth. Regardless, I could equally say trading Kesler makes no sense from Vancouver's perspective and render this whole debate moot.

Indeed he has. I have watched near every game this season. When I say Kesler is better. That is not a slate toward Plekanec by any means. The biggest deterrent to any comparison between them though is offense. Both are great players but Kesler is elite, whereas I would rank Plekanec a tier below alongside Bergeron, Couture and etc.
I agree with you, what if I add Cole and a second ?

I really think Cole could bounce back in vancouver

Edit : my bad I didn't read everything, well if you think it that way you can keep kesler

Last edited by Chacal667: 02-11-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old
02-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Steve Bennett*

If the guy wouldn't mind being in detroit how about

to det Kesler

to VANCOUVER: Datsyuk and a 2nd round pick

??

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:56 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
I'd be very disappointed if Galchenyuk ended up like Kesler. I have much higher expectations than that. That aside, you're half right, established players hold value to contending teams - Montreal is not a contending team though, therefore Montreal is better off with high potential, younger players. Makes no sense from either perspective. That whole discussion came about when a Canuck suggested Plekanec + Gally/Patches for Kesler, which is absolutely outrageous.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:56 PM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

vCash: 883
Kesler's value is the lowest it's been in the last 3 or 4 seasons. Much rather hang onto him and see if he can bounce back from his latest series of surgeries.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
I agree with you, what if I add Cole and a second ?

I really think Cole could bounce back in vancouver
For Kesler? Nope. It's Galchenyuk+ or bust if Kesler is who you're after.

If Cole picks up his game, he might be had for a second and a low rank prospect. Barring that, he has very little value.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Quote:
I'd be very disappointed if Galchenyuk ended up like Kesler. I have much higher expectations than that. That aside, you're half right, established players hold value to contending teams - Montreal is not a contending team though, therefore Montreal is better off with high potential, younger players. Makes no sense from either perspective. That whole discussion came about when a Canuck suggested Plekanec + Gally/Patches for Kesler, which is absolutely outrageous.
Oh, I agree. My personal ceiling for Gally is breaking the 90 point mark. Given time, he may very well crack 100. The kid is incredibly talented and I wouldn't move him. I'm merely citing what Vancouver would demand. Everyone knows these types of trades do not happen for the very reason teams would never accept "fair" deals.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:02 PM
StringerBell

If I'm the GM I'd say Kesler is worth at least two Luke Schenn's. Doubt anyone has 20 first round picks to toss around.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:12 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Oh, I agree. My personal ceiling for Gally is breaking the 90 point mark. Given time, he may very well crack 100. The kid is incredibly talented and I wouldn't move him. I'm merely citing what Vancouver would demand. Everyone knows these types of trades do not happen for the very reason teams would never accept "fair" deals.
Wooo good to see we're on the same page; I'm glad we could resolve that without taking shots at one another.... hahah

Old
02-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Dude we can do the same thing.

Serve up a mind numbing intelligence insulting 'Whats the value of Logan Couture' thread.

And then use heavy spin to show how hes actually worth Kyle Wellwood, pissing shark fans off into replies.

Just walk. Dont feed the trolls

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:35 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post

Serve up a mind numbing intelligence insulting 'Whats the value of Logan Couture' thread.

And then use heavy spin to show how hes actually worth Kyle Wellwood, pissing shark fans off into replies.

Just grow up pal. The only "troll" here is you.

1. You've failed to read what I've said; instead you've inferred entirely the wrong meaning.
2. You've made assertions without backing them up.
3. You're just plain insulting, again, without good reason.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:41 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Trolling canuck fans today are we?

Logan Couture is worth a 5th rounder day?

Joe Thorton worth Steve Bernier ? Marleau is a shoplifter? Sharks cant even make the finals in spite of all the talent they have been given over the years/
Quote:
Being a Shark fan makes no sense either so you would be an expert on the subject

Quote:
The only thing this thread is accomplishing is it attracting every malcontent who simply wants to troll the above players fan base.

Crosby is one hit from being permanently finished, so his worth is only a 3rd blah blah blah

Just walk away.
Quote:

Where exactly in all these posts have you said ANYTHING that contributes to the conversation? You've made fun of the Sharks, called me a troll, made egregious proposals and that's the extent of what you've accomplished. Good job! Try responding to my points, rather than twisting my words and making erroneous assumptions.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:44 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
That's exactly what I meant, excuse my bad english
No worries about the English.

Let's say you do have a point and this makes sense for your team, I just don't see it making sense for a win-now team like Vancouver. If Kesler is the better player-- and I think he is-- they'd rather keep him. Moreover, their cap-situation is somewhat messy with only $4m left with only 14 players signed and Kesler for Plekanec doesn't offer them any relief in that sense.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Kershaw

To

Ryan Kesler

To

Derek Stepan
Brady Skjei/Dylan McIlrath
2014 2nd Rounder

Schroeder played on Stepan's right wing I believe in the WJC. Remnisicint value that Philadelphia got for Mike Richards.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Stepan-Burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Lapierre-Malhotra-Higgins

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Pyatt-Kesler-Gaborik
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Powe-Halpern-Boyle

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
There is no way I trade Kesler for Perry straight up. Especially one looking for an even bigger payday if not an outright UFA.

Gillis would get hung from a TREE if he pulled some stunt like this.

A locked up Perry at 5mil for the next 4 years like Kesler is has very similar value but I still dont do it straight up, let alone with Jensen.

But we will give you Ballard , Malhotra and Yann Sauve for Getzlaff.

Hanged... Gillis would get hanged. Humans are hanged, meat are hung. Sorry, just a pet peave of mine.

And as a Vancouver fan, that's a gross value trade for Getzlaf.

Here's were we agree to disagree, I'd do Jensen and Kesler for Perry. You know what you're getting Perry, Kesler may never be the same. back to back years with major surgury. Could he recover? he could. But if we're still trying to go all in for a cup win, I'd rather take the sure thing. Jensen is a hard peice to give up, but again, he could be Patrick stefan, no way to know for sure.

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

^No thanks.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
No worries about the English.

Let's say you do have a point and this makes sense for your team, I just don't see it making sense for a win-now team like Vancouver. If Kesler is the better player-- and I think he is-- they'd rather keep him. Moreover, their cap-situation is somewhat messy with only $4m left with only 14 players signed and Kesler for Plekanec doesn't offer them any relief in that sense.
I'm ready to add a vet or two + a second, but it is ok if they don't want, the habs can live with plekanec, he is doing very well.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:10 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
To

Ryan Kesler

To

Derek Stepan
Brady Skjei/Dylan McIlrath
2014 2nd Rounder

Schroeder played on Stepan's right wing I believe in the WJC. Remnisicint value that Philadelphia got for Mike Richards.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Stepan-Burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Lapierre-Malhotra-Higgins

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Pyatt-Kesler-Gaborik
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Powe-Halpern-Boyle
I think this makes the Canucks worse... Ranger win that trade I believe.

marty111 is online now   Reply With Quote