HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

John Tavares New Winger is _______.

Old
02-10-2013, 12:20 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

vCash: 500
Jonathan Drouin?...

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:51 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Okposo + Strome for Kessel
Martin for Bozak
You're not helping your case here.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:57 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Jonathan Drouin?...
They're not gonna pick in the top 3 IMO, but Shinkaruk or Lazar would both be a good pick.

I can see them picking a defenseman too though.

IMO they should just wait until Strome, Nino, and Kabonov fill the ranks, or draft another one. They definitely don't want to be trading any key pieces away.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:35 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
You're not helping your case here.
Bozak >> Martin

Kessel for a top 6 player (Okposo is boarderline, I'd say he's better suited for top 9) + 1st/Strome (I chose Strome as I'm not all that impressed with Okposo)

Kessel = Okposo + Strome

Overal I think the deal is more than fair for both sides. Sorry you feel otherwise.

If you would prefer, you could sub in Grabner + 3rd instead of Okposo.

Kessel + Bozak for Grabner + Martin + Strome + 3rd

Last edited by DougGilmour93: 02-10-2013 at 01:41 PM.
DougGilmour93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:39 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Bozak >> Martin

Kessel for a top 6 player (Okposo is boarderline, I'd say he's better suited for top 9) + 1st/Strome (I chose Strome as I'm not all that impressed with Okposo)

Kessel = Okposo + Strome

Overal I think the deal is more than fair for both sides. Sorry you feel otherwise.
Bozak is a ufa this summer. He holds little value to the NYI. Imo the isles would rather keep Martin, who's not a ufa until July 2016.

Kessel is a ufa in July 2014. Isles would rather keep Okposo + Strome.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:18 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Bozak is a ufa this summer. He holds little value to the NYI. Imo the isles would rather keep Martin, who's not a ufa until July 2016.

Kessel is a ufa in July 2014. Isles would rather keep Okposo + Strome.
With the way he's (Bozak) currently playing he could probably garner a 1st at the trade deadline. I'd prefer us to re-sign him and Kessel, but if the writing was on the wall for Kessel, we might as well deal them both as they play well together and that might be more enticing for a team acquiring them.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:50 PM
seafoam
Players, please

vCash: 0
Quote:
With the way he's (Bozak) currently playing he could probably garner a 1st at the trade deadline. I'd prefer us to re-sign him and Kessel, but if the writing was on the wall for Kessel, we might as well deal them both as they play well together and that might be more enticing for a team acquiring them.
The Isles really have no interest in Bozak and I doubt they're willing to give up assets for Kessel with some strong forward prospects already in the system.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:30 PM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Nobody wants to go to the Islanders. if anything your sellers not buyers and there is no reason for the ducks to trade Ryan when there in a playoff push.
I'm sure there's a few players out there who wouldn't mind going to play on John Tavares' line and seeing their numbers inflate like Moulson, Parenteau and now Brad Boyes. Parenteau was a career minor leaguer who cashed in this summer because he played two full seasons with JT

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Dharvey33

Erik Cole!

Cole For Okposo straight up

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:45 PM
PWJunior
That's what we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Erik Cole!

Cole For Okposo straight up
I've always thought of Cole as a good comparison for Nino. The Isles are grooming him for top-6 duty in the AHL. It's not a stretch to think that he could be JT's winger next season.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Kezia
egg

vCash: 50
Michalek?

Kezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Dharvey33

Cole would be a good fit in New York plus Okposo is not a 1st line option, Cole could be. He has been playing bad this year but let's say Desharnais and the injured paciorretty doesn't help him much.

Problem i think Cole as a NTC in his contract i'm not sure he would waive it for the islanders no offense. With the team moving to brooklyn let's say it's kind of unstable.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Cole would be a good fit in New York plus Okposo is not a 1st line option, Cole could be. He has been playing bad this year but let's say Desharnais and the injured paciorretty doesn't help him much.

Problem i think Cole as a NTC in his contract i'm not sure he would waive it for the islanders no offense. With the team moving to brooklyn let's say it's kind of unstable.
how is moving a few miles west unstable lmao

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Okposo + Strome for Kessel
Martin for Bozak
If you took out Martin for Bozak thats a very good proposal. Bozak is of no interest to the Isles who have Nielsen, Tavares and center prospects like Nelson and Cizikas. Martin is signed to a 4 year deal and is a fan favorite.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:32 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
If you took out Martin for Bozak thats a very good proposal. Bozak is of no interest to the Isles who have Nielsen, Tavares and center prospects like Nelson and Cizikas. Martin is signed to a 4 year deal and is a fan favorite.
Yeah I'd strongly consider that Kessel deal. Would probably do it if I was confident that an extension would be reached. Having both Strome and Nelson helps make one of them expendable(I'd rather deal Nelson, but what are you gonna do?). Not to mention Sundstrom as a dark horse.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:38 PM
REM17

vCash: 300
EL NINO

REM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 02:42 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
I'd be ok with that...

To NYI:
Phil Kessel

To Tor:
Kyle Okposo
Ryan Strome

Old
02-11-2013, 02:45 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I'd be ok with that...

To NYI:
Phil Kessel

To Tor:
Kyle Okposo
Ryan Strome
Do you think if you keep posting Kessel to LI, that it will somehow change the Isles budget restrictions or Kessel closing in on unrestricted free agency?

Old
02-11-2013, 02:56 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
Do you think if you keep posting Kessel to LI, that it will somehow change the Isles budget restrictions or Kessel closing in on unrestricted free agency?
We're not NHL GMs here. It's not like anything said on this forum will actually come to fruition. Value wise, that proposal is a pretty good deal. Something rarely accomplished here.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:01 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
We're not NHL GMs here. It's not like anything said on this forum will actually come to fruition. Value wise, that proposal is a pretty good deal. Something rarely accomplished here.
If the leafs want some combo of cheap top prospects Strome/Nino/Reinhart + cheap young nhlers Grabner+Okposo, then how hard is it to say ok, Snow is working with a restricted budget and will want players, who'll fit into his budget for several yrs....
which affordable Leaf players, would Snow want for his top prospects+ young nhlers?

Old
02-11-2013, 03:07 PM
7even
Go on, do your duty

Quote:
So it's bitter to say that no team is giving up 2 recent, high lottery picks+ a 1st rounder for1 and 1/2 yrs of kessel?

I call that a realistic look at Kessel's trade value. Feel free to bump this thread, when Toronto gets 2 recent, high lottery picks+ a 1st for him.
Quote:
And the isles are not helping Leaf nation feel good, about losing Seguin/Hamilton by dealing two recent lottery picks+ another first for Toronto's soon to be ufa.
Because every Leafs fan cries themself to sleep at night over the Kessel trade. Please. We don't need your pity or your help, thanks. Get over yourself.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:09 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Because every Leafs fan cries themself to sleep at night over the Kessel trade. Please. We don't need your pity or your help, thanks. Get over yourself.
You don't have my pity, I doubt the Leafs will have Snow's help and I don't care about whether Kessel gets traded because I realize Snow's budget restrictions. So, take your own advice and get over yourself.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:10 PM
HappyGilmourr

Rehinhart + Nino + Strome to even think about it giving up our best player. I would never expect NYI to give up that type of haul though.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:11 PM
loller12

I know hes not a winger but you guys can have RNH, hes garbage and a plug this year us oiler fans will take a 3rd round pick for RNH

loller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:17 PM
PWJunior
That's what we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
Rehinhart + Nino + Strome to even think about it giving up our best player. I would never expect NYI to give up that type of haul though.
Why don't we just throw in our 1st rounder to your package so you'll really think about it.

Seriously doubt Snow trading away his last 3 top-5 picks for someone who is not guaranteed to play for the Isles past next season. Plus, Wang clearly doesn't want to spend money until the move to Brooklyn gets closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loller12 View Post
I know hes not a winger but you guys can have RNH, hes garbage and a plug this year us oiler fans will take a 3rd round pick for RNH
Not sure if you're being serious, but where the hell do I sign?

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote