HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Derick Brassard Available?

Old
02-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Would hate it for the Avs. Draft is top heavy and ROR is just way better than Brassard.

But it looks like Brassard is on the list of long term targets by our (stupid?) GM. So maybe we will have interest in him.

I don't know much about John Moore but I kind of liked him when I saw him play. Would he be a piece (might want more) you would be willing to give up to balance a ROR for Brassard swap and how is he doing in general?
I'd probably give up Erixon at most along with Brassard for RoR. John Moore is a stud and pretty much the most fluid skater I've seen in a long time. Whos to say RoR doesnt pout and demand a trade from Cbus?

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
would make sense for the Flames to be in on Brassard. He would be given a chance to play with good wingers (not that he deserves it necessarily - Jacket fans deserve a better effort).
Can't see any deals that would really work for us. I can, at the outset, say at a minimum that Cammalleri is RIGHT OUT.

Quote:
I don't know much about John Moore but I kind of liked him when I saw him play. Would he be a piece (might want more) you would be willing to give up to balance a ROR for Brassard swap and how is he doing in general?
Ennnnh. I wouldn't want to, but other Jackets fans might. He's looking vastly better this year; I badly want to keep him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Well that's ok

Some of the names have left me with a "meh" feeling. Stafford wouldn't be horrible but really he's nothing more than a secondary scorer that will be put on our top line and expected to produce. I don't think he'd break 50 points on Columbus. I rather package Brass and another young dman for someone more reliable.
Obviously that's what Stafford would do. The idea is to shield kids while our actual talent improves and gets ready to take over. I don't expect him to be a world-beater.

Would love to do such a package arrangement, but I just don't see how that'd work. I can't see Brass+Erixon going for a top-line guy unless we run into someone who's both short on center depth and desperate for blueliners but has plenty of top wingers. Rare, rare combo.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:04 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
I'd probably give up Erixon at most along with Brassard for RoR. John Moore is a stud and pretty much the most fluid skater I've seen in a long time. Whos to say RoR doesnt pout and demand a trade from Cbus?
Hmm meh. Thanks for the answer. No interest in Erixon at all ( atleast from my perspective).
Well I don't think he would do that. ROR wants money and he apparantely wants his ego stroked. Apart from that he is the absolute teamplayer. Don't think he would demand a trade. Obviously you would be able to talk contract to him. That is why I dislike the notion of him being unsigned diminishing his trade value by leaps and bounds. Obviously no one trades for him without having talked contract with him.
I don't know much about ROR anymore. His behavior is very disappointing but our organisation is not really known for treating his players all that well. ROR signed in Russia and does not strike me as the kind of guy that would bolt to a big city as long as you are paying him.
Figured that Moore is great but I would definitely want him and Brassard as a return for ROR (if the trade would have to center around Brassard).
Avs need to get a young top 4 dman in return.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:08 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I have them about equal, but meh.

What I'm looking for, as previously stated, are guys who can shield the kids we have and will add during the draft while they develop. Therefore, I'd be looking for an older finishing winger type. The closest the Oilers have to that is Hemsky, and his injury history renders him sort of "ennnhh... maybe." There's better options available to us.

As to why the MPS/3rd offer was bad... for one, additional left wingers are one of the last things we need. For another, MPS is not someone we have much confidence in w/r/t NHL ability. And his contract expires this year, so he's due a raise and more term than we'd likely be able to take on. It's sensible only if we think he's going to be worthwhile long-term... and that's not looking all that likely.

Even so, that'd be at least worth thinking about if we were getting a higher pick back. But a 3rd? No thanks.

Your martyr complex is noted and discarded as irrelevant. Nobody's mentioned anything of the sort. If the pieces aren't there the conclusion isn't "well, we have to step up and ask for one of the Big Four", it's "no deal, time to move on."
You come across like a reasonable fan, and you sure post like one, but then you go and say things like you'd want Hemsky, but would decline that because he has past injury issues. IF Tambo was as stupid as to offer you Hemsky for Gagner-lite you take it and run. MPS and a pick is a fair piece and you won't see much better than that in the real world.

Regardless of whether or not you need LW at this time, CBJ is going to need to make more than one trade to get what they're looking for. More LW means more options to trade for an better RW.

The Hall, Eberle + 1st quip is still relevant, considering you just asked for Hemsky for Brassard and even then you're ho-humming about it. The hyperbole doesn't point to a martyr complex () but rather points to the absurd demands from fans.

We might have considered that a year ago. But Brassard's value has gone down and Hemsky's has gone up.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Hmm meh. Thanks for the answer. No interest in Erixon at all ( atleast from my perspective).
Well I don't think he would do that. ROR wants money and he apparantely wants his ego stroked. Apart from that he is the absolute teamplayer. Don't think he would demand a trade. Obviously you would be able to talk contract to him. That is why I dislike the notion of him being unsigned diminishing his trade value by leaps and bounds. Obviously no one trades for him without having talked contract with him.
I don't know much about ROR anymore. His behavior is very disappointing but our organisation is not really known for treating his players all that well. ROR signed in Russia and does not strike me as the kind of guy that would bolt to a big city as long as you are paying him.
Figured that Moore is great but I would definitely want him and Brassard as a return for ROR (if the trade would have to center around Brassard).
The thing is, you CANT talk to a player on another team before trading for him. That's tampering. I don't necessarily think RoR is that type of guy but you never know. He could take it like JJ and get a whole lot better or be a ***** like hewhoshallnotbenamed.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:11 PM
cslebn

Quote:
The whole ROR saga is getting sad honestly. I always thought he was the captain and the future they were building with Landeskog. I'm sure this whole thing has diminished a lot of peoples opinions of him. I'd almost wonder if it would make the character heavy JD, SH, and CP want him.

That said I would want him as a CBJ fan. The Brass + late first looked good to me. What about something else like Brass + Savard/Erixon/Other D prospect not named Moore/Murray + say a 3rd? Or if you are more interested in forwards, I don't know where I'm going now.

cslebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:13 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
The thing is, you CANT talk to a player on another team before trading for him. That's tampering. I don't necessarily think RoR is that type of guy but you never know. He could take it like JJ and get a whole lot better or be a ***** like hewhoshallnotbenamed.
I am pretty sure you can.
Atleast with the consent of the other team.
The Avs traded for Varlamov last year and immediately signed him to a 3yr contract. I hope for our GMs sake that he talked with Varly about ditching his KHL plans and signing this deal with the Avs before the trade was finalized.

And how could PHI sign Weber to an offersheet without talking to him? So that would mean that every offersheet is basically the result of tampering and should get sanctioned. I think you are wrong on this front .

ROR is stuck behind Duchene and Stastny and wants big money. I am pretty sure that he is not happy with his role and would appreciate very much being "the man" in Columbus.
But you are right. It is hard to judge those guys without knowing them.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:15 PM
loller12

since RNH is plain garbage this year, and basically a plug well trade RNH + oilers 2nd round pick for Derick Brassard, he surely cannot play worse then RNH is right now.

loller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:16 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Any team can talk to ROR at any time. He is a RFA that is free to sign an offersheet with any team.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:17 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

He's always intrested me as a Leafs fan. I'd offer up MacArthur + 2nd/Finn/Percy in a heartbeat.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:17 PM
WhatASaveDave

I see Ottawa making a push for him. They need to add a centerman now that Spezza is injured. Something like a 2nd + a prospect like Mark Stone or something.

When Spezza is back

Michalek - Spezza - Silfersberg
Lattendresse - Turris - Alfredsson
Brassard - Smith - Neil
Greening - O'Brien - Condra

pretty tough team

WhatASaveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
You come across like a reasonable fan, and you sure post like one, but then you go and say things like you'd want Hemsky, but would decline that because he has past injury issues. IF Tambo was as stupid as to offer you Hemsky for Gagner-lite you take it and run.
Lemme put it this way. Our medical staff over here is not what you would call the class of the NHL.

I'm not sure what y'all see when you look at Hemsky. At this point what I see is another Kristian Huselius. A straight-up deal for Brassard is probably not in the cards, but we wouldn't be adding much... and the injury risk still makes me flinch.

Quote:
MPS and a pick is a fair piece and you won't see much better than that in the real world.
"A pick" is accurate if you're talking a 2nd rather than a 3rd.

Quote:
Regardless of whether or not you need LW at this time, CBJ is going to need to make more than one trade to get what they're looking for. More LW means more options to trade for an better RW.
Er. Not necessarily. Quality-for-quantity offers are pretty rare, and generally only made by teams that are lacking depth in general and need to stock up. That can happen with centers and RWs, but LWs are frequently in high supply around the league. Expecting to trade multiple LWs to patch RW issues is probably not a good idea.

Quote:
The Hall, Eberle + 1st quip is still relevant, considering you just asked for Hemsky for Brassard and even then you're ho-humming about it.
Er. I made no such proposal. Mentioning that Hemsky would be a target (and not ideal for what we're looking for, incidentally) is not the same as asking for him for Brass straight up.

Quote:
We might have considered that a year ago. But Brassard's value has gone down and Hemsky's has gone up.
We may have to agree to disagree on Hemsky's value.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
ROR is stuck behind Duchene and Stastny and wants big money. I am pretty sure that he is not happy with his role and would appreciate very much being "the man" in Columbus.
That's part of our worry. He wouldn't be "the man" in Columbus. At a minimum Johansen would ultimately likely be above him, and we hope to get another such center through this year's draft. If all goes well he'd ultimately end up competing with Boone Jenner.

He does have a better chance of being a significant core player here than he does in Colorado, but it's not an open-and-shut case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
He's always intrested me as a Leafs fan. I'd offer up MacArthur + 2nd/Finn/Percy in a heartbeat.
MacArthur is yet another LW. No interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post
I see Ottawa making a push for him. They need to add a centerman now that Spezza is injured. Something like a 2nd + a prospect like Mark Stone or something.
Could go for that, but I'm not sure how much Ottawa would like it.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Any team can talk to ROR at any time. He is a RFA that is free to sign an offersheet with any team.
I guess thats only valid for someone under contract for years to come. I know this is true, ive heard Howson use this as an excuse to not go after some players in the offseason.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Brassard would be a prime 2nd line centre for the habs imo.

Unfortunately, Columbus doesn't need small skilled player (Desharnais) and the rest of the team is either not enough, or too much.

If it matters, I'd switch the 2nd rounder with Raphael Diaz, but he's a small defender.

Oh well. Out of the Brassard race already.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:53 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
That's part of our worry. He wouldn't be "the man" in Columbus. At a minimum Johansen would ultimately likely be above him, and we hope to get another such center through this year's draft. If all goes well he'd ultimately end up competing with Boone Jenner.

He does have a better chance of being a significant core player here than he does in Colorado, but it's not an open-and-shut case.

Well I would never trade ROR for RyJo straight up . And I like Jenner but I don't think that he will turn out better than ROR.
Ryan's agent apparantely made the claim that ROR is better than Duchene and therefore needs to be paid more. Yeah it is his agent and I know how contract negotiations are but looking at this I don't really think that he would be scared by the competition in Columbus. If you get MacKinnon and he stays at Center, ROR is the perfect 2nd line center.

@ Gagnefan : I am pretty sure that CBJ could talk to ROR before making the trade. I mean why would the league disallow this? Tampering is sanctioned in order to protect the other franchise. I don't think the Avs would want to file a complaint about increasing their potential return in a trade....

Old
02-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
I would think that there would be several possiblities. Savard or either of NY/LA's 1st rounder would be a significant sweetner.

Or is COL looking for immediate help (in addition to Brassard)? Because that makes more sense.
To be honest, I would think if the value was Brassard + Savard that would likely be a deal Columbus would take. I would even suggest, as a CBJ fan that another lower end prospect go to Colorado. The biggest issue, for me, is that Riley appears to be looking for a pretty rich contract and I'm not sure how that fits what CBJ is looking to do. They have no cap issues but I'm not sure they want to spend a lot right now.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Since Desharnais will be gone before the begining of next season, i could see Montreal trying to meet their french quota by acquiring Brassard.
French quota...????

You mean two players ?

Philadelpphia and Pittsburg have more than that.

Gimme a ****ing brake .

I'd rather get David Savard for Weber + a pick.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
What are the Jackets needs? D, F, prospects?

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

Been a huge fan of Brassard's since he was drafted. Viqsi, do you think the BJ's would be interested in taking Detroit's garbage?

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:10 PM
cslebn

Forward (RW) and prospects

Visqi would like some veteran leadership though it would be nice to have someone who can still impact when we have the next two drafts worth of picks making an impact.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
French quota...????

You mean two players ?

Philadelpphia and Pittsburg have more than that.

Gimme a ****ing brake .

I'd rather get David Savard for Weber + a pick.
NOBODY WANTS YANNICK ****ING WEBER.

If they were interested, Bergervin would have dealt his ass a long time ago.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Would hate it for the Avs. Draft is top heavy and ROR is just way better than Brassard.

But it looks like Brassard is on the list of long term targets by our (stupid?) GM. So maybe we will have interest in him.

Not trying to be a homer but I don't see CBJ moving Moore in a deal like this. He's not the second coming but he does appear to be the best skater on the team and his improvement has been impressive (including AHL stint and late last year). He's not a top 4 guy yet but will be. Again, I'm not saying ROR wouldn't be worth it but I think Moore is exactly what Columbus is looking for with their defense. He happens to be hurt at the moment (unknown lower body) but he holds very high value in my opinion.

I could see Savard being offered, even possibly Goloubef (who doesn't look out of place in his first NHL action this year). ROR is a definite upgrade but as an armchair GM I suck because I take a personal stake in the players. Never cuts it as a GM...

Old
02-11-2013, 04:13 PM
cslebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
To be honest, I would think if the value was Brassard + Savard that would likely be a deal Columbus would take. I would even suggest, as a CBJ fan that another lower end prospect go to Colorado. The biggest issue, for me, is that Riley appears to be looking for a pretty rich contract and I'm not sure how that fits what CBJ is looking to do. They have no cap issues but I'm not sure they want to spend a lot right now.
By the same token if ROR is really in the same type of package as an Oshie/Backes/Perron mold I would think he'd be the perfect fit for the new picture of the CBJ.

Backes is at 4.5m
Oshie is at 4.2 m
Perron is at 3.8 m

Old
02-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Actually in this case you can. ROR is not signed or another teams property. He's a RFA so he's available to anyone with the possibility for the Avs to match an offer. You could certainly gauge interest with the ROR camp and then work with the Avs on a trade. Don't see it happening for Cbus but that's a different story altogether.