HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Kesler

Old
02-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 500
I am not seeing anything worthwhile enough to make me want to move Kesler.

Perry for Kesler, Jensen
Pleks, Cole(who if memory serves said he'd retire after this season due to his not agreeing with the CBA...link?), 2nd for Kesler
Stepan, Skeji/McIlrath, 2nd for Kesler

I know he's coming of major surgery, but if this was what was offered if we were forced to move him, I'd have to hope we stand pat. No disrespect for any of the potentially returning players, but I just don't see the value.

As for the early comparisons to Koivu, I agree Koivu has more value to Minnesota, but they are not dissimilar players and are not of a dissimilar calibre. I wouldn't do it simply for cap implications, as we likely lose Higgins to make up the difference in cap hits.

My reply to said packages:

Ryan+Cogliano for Kesler
Galchenyuk+pick for Kesler
...I don't even know who else would be available from New York...Staal or McDonagh maybe?...don't flame me here, I am almost entirely unfamiliar with the Rangers team make up and needs/excesses.

All that being said, I'd rather not move him any way.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:11 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
To

Ryan Kesler

To

Derek Stepan
Brady Skjei/Dylan McIlrath
2014 2nd Rounder

Schroeder played on Stepan's right wing I believe in the WJC. Remnisicint value that Philadelphia got for Mike Richards.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Stepan-Burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Lapierre-Malhotra-Higgins

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Pyatt-Kesler-Gaborik
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Powe-Halpern-Boyle
Not even close in my opinion. Quantity for quality in its purest form.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:13 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
If the guy wouldn't mind being in detroit how about

to det Kesler

to VANCOUVER: Datsyuk and a 2nd round pick

??
good to know this is how Vancouver fans value this player. I viewed this thread just to see comments like this

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:16 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

This is impossible. A player like Kesler is the only piece the Canucks are missing right now.

kmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
good to know this is how Vancouver fans value this player. I viewed this thread just to see comments like this
Like Gardiner for the Leafs, or RNH for the Oilers. Home drafted and developped talent, whose role with in the team is far, far, far more valuable then what most other fans percieve. Yeah, we like the guy.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Not even close in my opinion. Quantity for quality in its purest form.
Stepan had more points last year. You can't expect great value when you're selling low.

02-11-2013, 04:28 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Like Gardiner for the Leafs, or RNH for the Oilers. Home drafted and developped talent, whose role with in the team is far, far, far more valuable then what most other fans percieve. Yeah, we like the guy.
Im sorry but Datsyuk puts up 80+ or ppg regularly while winning Selkes and being the best defensive forward in the game

Kesler had two good season of 75 and 73

The only thing Kesler may have in age but he also has serious injury concerns.

Last edited by topchowda: 02-11-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old
02-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Pretty certain Perry would have no problems signing in Van.
Pretty certain that Perry would have no problem signing in Anaheim either, pretty certain that he would have no problem signing with any team. In fact I'm pretty certain that the only concern Perry will have is money, and whoever pays the man will sign him long-term. Which is totally fair, because Perry is, frankly, a superstar. A Hart winning 50-goal scorer. These types of guys are in short supply to say the least. Anyways odds are Perry re-signs with the Ducks.

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Im sorry but Datsyuk puts up 80+ or ppg regularly while winning Selkes and being the best defensive forward in the game

Kesler had two good season of 75 and 73

The only thing Kesler may have in age but other than that the value is no really close
Along with contract status. In terms of ability yes Datsyuk is much better, but in terms of value Datsyuks value isn't that much greater. At least to Vancouver, to Detroit yes Datsyuk is much more valuable.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Tomas Plekanec
1st round pick 13/14
Dalton Thrower

Ryan Kesler
Scrub (just incase the nucks are going to sign Thrower soon for whatever reason and need to move a contract)

I love Plekanec and what he brings. Kesler is slightly-far ahead in everything except for maybe speed.

Kesler would give us a great centre right handed shot and.... He can win faceoffs!

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Sayonara77
Farewell Kes

All of the proposals being suggested are a complete waste of time as gillis would not hesitate to hang up the phone if said offers were made. No we are not trading him for koivu, perry or whoever.

We are not dealing our top line forward, simple as that.

@ the guy who called him a one hit wonder, give your head a shake.

Sayonara77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Wizeman*

Why are you guys still here feeding the trolls.

To whatever team

Kesler

To Canucks

Whatever second rate player + junk player + another b movie + plus a pick or whatever.

The only decent deal there has been would be a re signed Perry for 5 mil for 4 years straight up, and I dont think either fan base could be objective enough to do that.

And the OP didnt even suggest this deal. He wanted an UNSIGNED pending UFA Perry for Kesler AND one of our best young prospects in Jensen.

Its just intelligence insulting.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:03 PM
roach9

Quote:
Sorry misgauged Kesler's value. Didn't realize 2nd line centers coming off injury were worth Hart trophy winners or perennial Norris trophy candidates. My bad stupid me. I apologize.

Oh I'm sorry, did someone forget to remind you that Kesler is a perennial Selke trophy winner/candidate?

You do realize Selke winners are more valuable than Rocket Richard/Hart trophy winner's right?

roach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
This is very premature... Lots of ifs and buts. One player coming off injury and another potentially walking for nothing.

Something based around Perry.

Kesler + Jensen

for

Perry

Pretty certain Perry would have no problems signing in Van.
Nope. Others have stated why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
Koivu is untouchable and just flat out a better player than Kesler on his own. So the + is absolutely silly.
I would say they are pretty even, although if Kesler can return to form I would say he is more valuable since he has a better contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Oh, I didn't realize 40-goal scoring Selke winners signed long-term at a friendly cap-hit were worth slightly better players with only one year left on their contract before they get a huge payday.
You forgot the back to back 70+ point seasons.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Why are you guys still here feeding the trolls.

To whatever team

Kesler

To Canucks

Whatever second rate player + junk player + another b movie + plus a pick or whatever.

The only decent deal there has been would be a re signed Perry for 5 mil for 4 years straight up, and I dont think either fan base could be objective enough to do that.

And the OP didnt even suggest this deal. He wanted an UNSIGNED pending UFA Perry for Kesler AND one of our best young prospects in Jensen.

Its just intelligence insulting.
calm down we all know that kesler > unsigned Perry
Anyway if the nucks make a trade for Perry it will be to play with Kesler on the same line.

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:05 PM
DJOpus

The Canucks need another Kesler, even after Kesler comes back.

The Koivu comparison is kind of silly IMO. Despite costing significantly more ($1.75M more per season) and being slightly older, Koivu has yet to put up the offensive numbers Kesler has: despite being a "one year wonder" Kesler's two best seasons offensively are better points wise than anything Koivu has done. Kesler also has the three best goal scoring seasons and has won the Selke once and has finished second in voting twice - I don't believe Koivu has ever even been nominated for the Selke. Up to this point in their careers, Koivu has been good but Kesler has been better. Throw in the fact that Kesler is on a cheaper contract and the idea of trading him for Mikko Koivu becomes ridiculous.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
You wouldn't get either of them straight up for Kesler simply because it makes no sense from Montreal's perspective.
Good, cause trading him doesn't make sense from our perspective either.

Kesler would garner a Richards/Carter like return.

Oh and I agree with you, even with the contract. Weber > Kesler.

Although Kesler is more valuable than alot think.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:10 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
You do realize Selke winners are more valuable than Rocket Richard/Hart trophy winner's right?
What LOL

Yes Draper, Peca, Bergon, Madden are way more valuable then Malkin, Crosby, Oveckin, Forseberg, Pronger Jagr

Old
02-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
To

Ryan Kesler

To

Derek Stepan
Brady Skjei/Dylan McIlrath
2014 2nd Rounder

Schroeder played on Stepan's right wing I believe in the WJC. Remnisicint value that Philadelphia got for Mike Richards.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Stepan-Burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Lapierre-Malhotra-Higgins

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Pyatt-Kesler-Gaborik
Kreider-Miller-Callahan
Powe-Halpern-Boyle
Not all that close, Stepan is the only intriguing thing for a player of this caliber.

The return would have to be Richards/Carter like and this return isn't at that level yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Stepan had more points last year. You can't expect great value when you're selling low.
Good cause we aren't selling him, as you can tell alot fans here don't want to trade him, the OP made that just to gauge his value.

Either way he is going nowhere barring overpayment as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Tomas Plekanec
1st round pick 13/14
Dalton Thrower

Ryan Kesler
Scrub (just incase the nucks are going to sign Thrower soon for whatever reason and need to move a contract)

I love Plekanec and what he brings. Kesler is slightly-far ahead in everything except for maybe speed.

Kesler would give us a great centre right handed shot and.... He can win faceoffs!
Would take Galchenyuk to be in the deal, which doesn't make sense for either side.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:18 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
The Canucks need another Kesler, even after Kesler comes back.

The Koivu comparison is kind of silly IMO. Despite costing significantly more ($1.75M more per season) and being slightly older, Koivu has yet to put up the offensive numbers Kesler has: despite being a "one year wonder" Kesler's two best seasons offensively are better points wise than anything Koivu has done. Kesler also has the three best goal scoring seasons and has won the Selke once and has finished second in voting twice - I don't believe Koivu has ever even been nominated for the Selke. Up to this point in their careers, Koivu has been good but Kesler has been better. Throw in the fact that Kesler is on a cheaper contract and the idea of trading him for Mikko Koivu becomes ridiculous.
True about the Selke nominations. Koivus career ppg is 0.74 and Keslers in 0.60. In Keslers best year is point toal is only 4 higher than Koivus

Kelsers ppg in 2009-10 0.91 (75 pts)
Kovius ppg in 2009-10 0.888 (71 pts)

Kesler 2010-11 0.89 ppg
Koivu 2008-09 0.84 ppg

Old
02-11-2013, 05:31 PM
domfisher

Quote:
Tomas Plekanec
1st round pick 13/14
Dalton Thrower

Ryan Kesler

Terrible for Mtl. Plekanec and Kesler have the same value(maybe kesler have a little more value because he is two years younger)

domfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:12 PM
BeersHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
If the guy wouldn't mind being in detroit how about

to det Kesler

to VANCOUVER: Datsyuk and a 2nd round pick

??
Oh dear God, please leave Detroit out of this. I don't care if he is from the Detroit burbs, NO ONE in Detroit (outside of Kesler's family) wants him on the Wings. Besides, Kesler + 1st wouldn't get you Datsyuk.

BeersHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Tomas Plekanec
1st round pick 13/14
Dalton Thrower

Ryan Kesler

Don't throw our first to fast, maybe we got a good start of season but don't forget that we finished last the last season.

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:19 PM
BeersHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Oh I'm sorry, did someone forget to remind you that Kesler is a perennial Selke trophy winner/candidate?

Yeah, because Tampa is just banging down Vancouver's door to trade Stamkos for Kesler. And isn't the Hart defined as the Most Valuable Player?

BeersHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Steve Bennett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeersHockey View Post
Oh dear God, please leave Detroit out of this. I don't care if he is from the Detroit burbs, NO ONE in Detroit (outside of Kesler's family) wants him on the Wings. Besides, Kesler + 1st wouldn't get you Datsyuk.
Hmmm maybe I undervalued that trade proposal, sorry I didn't mean to offend - I'm just a big supporter of the Canucks. And yeah a 1st could be part of that deal:

to det Kesler and Vcr 1st rd pick

to VANCOUVER CANUCKS: Datsyuk, Bertuzzi, 2nd rd pick

Better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeersHocky
Yeah, because Tampa is just banging down Vancouver's door to trade Stamkos for Kesler. And isn't the Hart defined as the Most Valuable Player?
laugh out loud, yeah that would probably be considered ridiculous... They'd have to throw in a pick or something...

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote