HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10,000 Pt XXXII: Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2013, 11:37 PM
  #576
KirbyDots
Registered User
 
KirbyDots's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mountain View, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
I hope all you Worcester folks are safe from the storm. I hope I don't lose power (and I hope you guys don't either). There are supposed to be 60 MPH winds over here.
It's crazy out here in Boston!


KirbyDots is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 12:12 AM
  #577
sonticus
Blown Tire
 
sonticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 887
vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
Anyone watching 'House of Cards'? The original Netflix show they just dropped the whole season on?

Just finished the finale. Friggin' great. Spacey is amazeballs. Fantastic writing. And that Robin Wright.. Yes.
I just watched the first three episodes last night, so far I'm loving it. And I absolutely agree about Robin Wright.

sonticus is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:15 AM
  #578
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonticus View Post
I just watched the first three episodes last night, so far I'm loving it. And I absolutely agree about Robin Wright.
Careful, that's around where it becomes crack. Kept me up later than I wanted to this week!

Can't wait for S2.

Shape is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 12:52 PM
  #579
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot
 
sharksohnoes!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Yayarea
Posts: 3,771
vCash: 500
So today is my birthday. My girlfriend got me the greatest gift of all time. She commissioned an artist to paint our two dogs and guineapigs...as Star Wars characters...this is the best day of my life.


sharksohnoes! is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 01:02 PM
  #580
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
I'd like to marry your wife. Divorce her pls.

Happy b-day!

Shape is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 01:29 PM
  #581
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
I'd like to marry your wife. Divorce her pls.

Happy b-day!
He said girlfriend, not wife.


Quickly, make your move while there's still time!

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 02:45 PM
  #582
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,562
vCash: 500
Oh my God, Bill Burr's You People Are All The Same is hysterical. I loved it.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 02:47 PM
  #583
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work
 
yada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: watching happy pony
Country: United States
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
well just took the plunge on a laptop ended up picking up a dell with 6gb of ram 750 gig hd and i3 processor for 500. computer has windows 7 which im perfectly fine with because ive heard win 8 is crap

other comp i was considering was an acer with 4gb or ram, <500 gb hd, i3, and win 8 for 450

yada is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:40 PM
  #584
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 56,139
vCash: 500

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 03:16 PM
  #585
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!
 
slocal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Osos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
well just took the plunge on a laptop ended up picking up a dell with 6gb of ram 750 gig hd and i3 processor for 500. computer has windows 7 which im perfectly fine with because ive heard win 8 is crap

other comp i was considering was an acer with 4gb or ram, <500 gb hd, i3, and win 8 for 450
Dell makes a solid and affordable laptop. I just finished building a new desktop and decided to install Windows 7 as well

__________________

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
slocal is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 03:32 PM
  #586
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
Dell makes a solid and affordable laptop. I just finished building a new desktop and decided to install Windows 7 as well
Aslong as you don't have to deal with customer service, dell is great. I love my laptop. I just hated the 3 hours I spent on the phone with reps in 4 different departments because the first laptop they sent me had the wrong lid on it.

The Nemesis is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 03:37 PM
  #587
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Aslong as you don't have to deal with customer service, dell is great. I love my laptop. I just hated the 3 hours I spent on the phone with reps in 4 different departments because the first laptop they sent me had the wrong lid on it.
I do IT, so I deal with them on a regular basis, my worst experience so far was when my boss's monitor broke. It was under warranty so i called in to get it replaced, no problem there, they sent a new one right out. The problem came when it showed up and was the wrong type of monitor, even the wrong size. I call up to explain this and as soon as I give the guy the order number in the box and explain that it doesnt match my original order number, he hangs up. This happened 4 more times before one guy finally took pitty on me and did not hang up. Took 4 hours on the phone to sort it out because someone messed up big time. Turns out they were hanging up on me because as soon as they found out the order number disrepency issue they knew it was going to take hours to fix and did not want it to impact their call time rating. Suffice to say, I go out of my way to NOT buy Dell at this point.

hockeyball is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 04:07 PM
  #588
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!
 
slocal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Osos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,372
vCash: 500
OK, I'll insert my bad experiences with HP and Gateway

HF:SJS - if you don't have anything bad to say, don't say anything at all.

slocal is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 04:29 PM
  #589
rangerssharks414
Registered User
 
rangerssharks414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
How much snow (if any) do you guys get out in NorCal? I hate the snow so much.

rangerssharks414 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 04:39 PM
  #590
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,562
vCash: 500
Yeah, San Francisco is covered with snow right now. I just hate it so much.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 04:51 PM
  #591
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anacrime
Country: United States
Posts: 4,395
vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
How much snow (if any) do you guys get out in NorCal? I hate the snow so much.
What is snow?

HOOCH2173 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 04:56 PM
  #592
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,368
vCash: 50
The hills get snow, like Forest Hill.. etc stuff around Auburn. It can be pretty bad sometimes.

Graveland is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 05:02 PM
  #593
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 56,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
How much snow (if any) do you guys get out in NorCal? I hate the snow so much.
"Bay Area" (i.e., 9 counties) get dusting of snow on hills (if/when cold enough and there's some precipitation).

3 hours east to mountains (e.g., Tahoe) to get enough snow to play in (ski, etc.).

Last snow "on the flat" was in the mid-1970s (and was only around about a day).

LadyStanley is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 05:11 PM
  #594
Danish Pastry
this is dream!
 
Danish Pastry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,556
vCash: 500
I don't think I have ever been in this thread... Not sure what to think...

Danish Pastry is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 05:16 PM
  #595
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Anacrime
Country: United States
Posts: 4,395
vCash: 516
Ok back on topic.

What did y'all think of last night's Walking Dead Epsiode?

HOOCH2173 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 05:21 PM
  #596
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,562
vCash: 500
It was okay.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 05:21 PM
  #597
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work
 
yada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: watching happy pony
Country: United States
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
after buying the dell laptop im a lil worried about the wifi connectivity. a similar model 1 digit off got terrible reviews saying it drops wifi consistently and my model # only has 4 reviews. im thinking bout taking it back because its still unopened, this laptop will be running my ps3, xbox, and cell phone so i cant be having drops erry 2 seconds

yada is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 05:23 PM
  #598
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!
 
slocal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Osos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
after buying the dell laptop im a lil worried about the wifi connectivity. a similar model 1 digit off got terrible reviews saying it drops wifi consistently and my model # only has 4 reviews. im thinking bout taking it back because its still unopened, this laptop will be running my ps3, xbox, and cell phone so i cant be having drops erry 2 seconds
What kind of wifi was being used (cafe, library or home)? If people are at home and having problems, I can see the worry since you'll be at optimal range.

slocal is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 05:24 PM
  #599
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work
 
yada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: watching happy pony
Country: United States
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I do IT, so I deal with them on a regular basis, my worst experience so far was when my boss's monitor broke. It was under warranty so i called in to get it replaced, no problem there, they sent a new one right out. The problem came when it showed up and was the wrong type of monitor, even the wrong size. I call up to explain this and as soon as I give the guy the order number in the box and explain that it doesnt match my original order number, he hangs up. This happened 4 more times before one guy finally took pitty on me and did not hang up. Took 4 hours on the phone to sort it out because someone messed up big time. Turns out they were hanging up on me because as soon as they found out the order number disrepency issue they knew it was going to take hours to fix and did not want it to impact their call time rating. Suffice to say, I go out of my way to NOT buy Dell at this point.
no joke why did it take so long to print up the order when they got moniter size and type wrong? all sane people would expect this to take 10 mins.

yada is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 05:28 PM
  #600
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work
 
yada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: watching happy pony
Country: United States
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 488
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
What kind of wifi was being used (cafe, library or home)? If people are at home and having problems, I can see the worry since you'll be at optimal range.
they were at home on their network with laptop getting dumped but cells and other devices ok. there were 20 1 star reviews and about 15 combined 2-3 star reviews mentioning this problem although some of those reviews *****ed about the packaging (new computers boxed looking like refurbished)

yada is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.