HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2013, 09:56 AM
  #476
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!
 
glenwo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,510
vCash: 500
Devils should bring him up soon. With Zubie being out for awhile, it wouldn't hurt to give Andrei a Cup-of-coffee, so to speak, with the Main team.

glenwo2 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:59 AM
  #477
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Larsson's Lair
Country: United States
Posts: 17,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
Devils should bring him up soon. With Zubie being out for awhile, it wouldn't hurt to give Andrei a Cup-of-coffee, so to speak, with the Main team.
I would not mind seeing what he can do but not at the expense of breaking up a winning lineup.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 10:14 AM
  #478
Roomtemperature
Registered User
 
Roomtemperature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
I would not mind seeing what he can do but not at the expense of breaking up a winning lineup.
If Kyle Barch is the difference between this team winning and losing then I'm befuddled

Roomtemperature is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 10:23 AM
  #479
RNCDevil
Registered User
 
RNCDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomtemperature View Post
If Kyle Barch is the difference between this team winning and losing then I'm befuddled
I want to agree with you, but I'm a big believer in keeping what works working AND the players themselves said that Barch was key to the first victory with his fists.

That said, I really don't like staged fights at all.

RNCDevil is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 10:24 AM
  #480
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist
 
MadDog172430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomtemperature View Post
If Kyle Barch is the difference between this team winning and losing then I'm befuddled
Kyle Barch

MadDog172430 is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 10:31 AM
  #481
Roomtemperature
Registered User
 
Roomtemperature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
Kyle Barch
I know its Kris but for whatever reason my brain just recognizes him as Kyle.

Roomtemperature is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 10:44 AM
  #482
HenriquesJawLine
Registered User
 
HenriquesJawLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomtemperature View Post
I know its Kris but for whatever reason my brain just recognizes him as Kyle.
It is Krys

HenriquesJawLine is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 10:45 AM
  #483
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
how'd he look in Albany this weekend?

anyone watch?

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 11:20 AM
  #484
TeutonicDevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wismar
Country: Germany
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
how'd he look in Albany this weekend?

anyone watch?
Watched most of the game @ Binghampton yesterday. Loktionov centered a line with Sislo and Pesonen which was either the 1st or the 2nd line. He looked poised to make an early impression. Even though he is small and not very strong he didn't hesitate to go to the boards and battle for pucks.
When he had the puck you could see he has good vision and passing ability. He plays a pass first/playmaking style more than carrying the puck. Of course he lacked chemistry with his linemates but this will progress the more games they play together. Sislo taking two penalties when they had possesion in the O-Zone didn't help either.
I don't know the stats but Loktionov looked surprisingly good on faceoffs compared to what LA fans wrote about him.
He took regular shifts on both special teams. On the PP he played on the right side and tried to distribute the puck from there similar to how Elias plays in that role.
He missed the net on his shootout attempt. He actually made a nice move there to deke out Lehner but was taken too far to the outside.

TeutonicDevil is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 11:40 AM
  #485
SwedisHab
Slim Shady
 
SwedisHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeutonicDevil View Post
He actually made a nice move there to deke out Lehner but was taken too far to the outside.
Considering how good Lehner is, i'm sold

yeah im pretty bias to swedish players :< but anyways i'd like to see how he would do in the main team

SwedisHab is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 11:47 AM
  #486
jw2
Registered User
 
jw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,528
vCash: 643
Pretty average against Syracuse. He is poised with the puck, but rarely made a good play. You can tell he's probably got a step on other players, but doesnt always utilize it, or his speed. No urgency and lacked desire.

This was a horrible offensive performance by the Devils, outside the 3rd frame, where they took advantage of Syracuse mistakes. Overall he was unimpressive, but I would not expect this to be the norm, moving forward.

To be successful in the NHL, he would need linemates that will give him space. Probably a speedster that has the knowledge to get open, and a big body that draws a crowd.

jw2 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 12:48 PM
  #487
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
Pretty average against Syracuse. He is poised with the puck, but rarely made a good play. You can tell he's probably got a step on other players, but doesnt always utilize it, or his speed. No urgency and lacked desire.

This was a horrible offensive performance by the Devils, outside the 3rd frame, where they took advantage of Syracuse mistakes. Overall he was unimpressive, but I would not expect this to be the norm, moving forward.

To be successful in the NHL, he would need linemates that will give him space. Probably a speedster that has the knowledge to get open, and a big body that draws a crowd.
Who were his linemates for most of the game? I have only glanced at what was said in here (mostly after his first game), and it sounded like he had less than stellar linemates to put it simply. Also, in regards to his average play: did it look like he's likely still adjusting to the system/team/style of play? Or just as simple as you said that it looks like he can do more, has the speed, has the ability and just wasn't putting it together that given game?

Scott04 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:07 PM
  #488
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
Pretty average against Syracuse. He is poised with the puck, but rarely made a good play. You can tell he's probably got a step on other players, but doesnt always utilize it, or his speed. No urgency and lacked desire.

This was a horrible offensive performance by the Devils, outside the 3rd frame, where they took advantage of Syracuse mistakes. Overall he was unimpressive, but I would not expect this to be the norm, moving forward.

To be successful in the NHL, he would need linemates that will give him space. Probably a speedster that has the knowledge to get open, and a big body that draws a crowd.
Like Josefson (who can play on the left side) and Zubrus (who can play on the right side)

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing something like...

Matteau-Zajac-Kovy
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Josefson-Loktionov-Zubrus
Carter-Gionta-Bernier
Barch/Butler

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:24 PM
  #489
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Like Josefson (who can play on the left side) and Zubrus (who can play on the right side)

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing something like...

Matteau-Zajac-Kovy
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Josefson-Loktionov-Zubrus
Carter-Gionta-Bernier
Barch/Butler
Right there with you. This is the lineup I've been wanting since the trade went down.
Of course, this relies on Zubrus getting healthy sooner rather than later

manilaNJ is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:28 PM
  #490
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Larsson's Lair
Country: United States
Posts: 17,446
vCash: 500
We need Barch in there vs certain teams for insurance.

Why are we quick to remove Butler, he was one of the stars of Saturday's win.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:29 PM
  #491
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Right there with you. This is the lineup I've been wanting since the trade went down.
Of course, this relies on Zubrus getting healthy sooner rather than later
Why is everyone so down on Zubrus's health? Haven't seen anything concrete written about him unless I missed something?

Are we more concerned than a little soreness?

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:31 PM
  #492
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,607
vCash: 500
Actually, replace Butler with Matteau, and that's the lineup that I want. Good catch.

I think Matteau has earned his few games up here, but now that he knows what the competition is like.. I still want his game to season and mature a bit. He looks good, but I think he can come up better next time. Hungrier.

Barch can be a 13th forward as I'm sure during those gritty games, one of the CBGB/Josefson's precious bones or someone else will be due for a day off.

It's good to have that kind of depth.

And in an emergency injury, Matteau can always come back and fill in as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Why is everyone so down on Zubrus's health? Haven't seen anything concrete written about him unless I missed something?

Are we more concerned than a little soreness?
Lou said he's being "re-evaluated" this week, which could mean one of a million things.
Chere indicated surgery might be a possible route... and despite Chere being a hack, he seems to have an ok grasp on the goings on with the medical staff on the team. Not solid, but enough of a grasp for me to worry a bit.

manilaNJ is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:31 PM
  #493
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Like Josefson (who can play on the left side) and Zubrus (who can play on the right side)

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing something like...

Matteau-Zajac-Kovy
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Josefson-Loktionov-Zubrus
Carter-Gionta-Bernier
Barch/Butler
With the injury rumblings about Zubrus, it may be Butler on that line.

Zippy316 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:49 PM
  #494
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
We need Barch in there vs certain teams for insurance.

Why are we quick to remove Butler, he was one of the stars of Saturday's win.
We don't need Barch, at all. We just have to play our game and we won't need to drop the gloves with anyone. Let's concentrate on playing hockey and if we do that, I think we can compete with about anyone in the East.

Regarding Butler, he's been solid but when Zubrus will come back from his injury, I think he'll be the one to get the boot. Matteau adds a physical presence on our 1st line and I'd rather have him over Butler quite honestly.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:52 PM
  #495
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
We don't need Barch, at all. We just have to play our game and we won't need to drop the gloves with anyone. Let's concentrate on playing hockey and if we do that, I think we can compete with about anyone in the East.

Regarding Butler, he's been solid but when Zubrus will come back from his injury, I think he'll be the one to get the boot. Matteau adds a physical presence on our 1st line and I'd rather have him over Butler quite honestly.
Butler scored a powerplay goal and gave up the rebound for another. Stole my heart.
He stays.

manilaNJ is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:54 PM
  #496
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Larsson's Lair
Country: United States
Posts: 17,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
We don't need Barch, at all. We just have to play our game and we won't need to drop the gloves with anyone. Let's concentrate on playing hockey and if we do that, I think we can compete with about anyone in the East.

Regarding Butler, he's been solid but when Zubrus will come back from his injury, I think he'll be the one to get the boot. Matteau adds a physical presence on our 1st line and I'd rather have him over Butler quite honestly.
Some teams are going to try to push the envelope and run our players without a heavyweight like Barch in the lineup.

Do you want Carter, Clarkson and Salvador fighting on a regular basis and risk injury?

PDB and some players all credited Barch's fight on Saturday as a turning point.

He has actually played decent hockey aside from 1 or 2 turnovers-which all our players dish out at times.

I think there are games where we can scratch him, but more of them where I feel better with him around just in case.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:55 PM
  #497
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,412
vCash: 500
I actually really like Butler. I've liked him since the signing, but he had a less than impressive AHL run until Henrique got injured. He had the Kovyitis of hitting so many posts, and going through a slump. Kinda like what Kovy did before this week. One game he hit two posts in a single OT, and in that shootout hit the post.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get time with Kovy, and Trav. Matteau is on a two game point streak now though so no use in bumping him down just yet!

Bleedred is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:58 PM
  #498
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Some teams are going to try to push the envelope and run our players without a heavyweight like Barch in the lineup.

Do you want Carter, Clarkson and Salvador fighting on a regular basis and risk injury?

PDB and some players all credited Barch's fight on Saturday as a turning point.

He has actually played decent hockey aside from 1 or 2 turnovers-which all our players dish out at times.

I think there are games where we can scratch him, but more of them where I feel better with him around just in case.
And that's why he should be our 13th forward, nothing more. I'm not saying that we should buy him out or waive him, just that he shouldn't be a "regular" 4th liner.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 02:01 PM
  #499
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,412
vCash: 500
I have actually liked Barch. He's been way better than Cam Janssen. Sorry I love Cam, but he stinks as a player and I could never justify putting him in over a healthy Barch.

All in all I don't think Barch NEEDS to play in every game. Like these games against the Canes, Habs, Bolts, Caps, Maple Leafs, Sens, etc. Maybe against a team like Florida since they have Parros, or against a physical team like the Bruins. That's aside from the division opponents. Not that I hate having him in there all the time against those kinds of teams. I just don't feel it's a prerequisite. Right now it is until Zubrus come back, or goes on LTIR.

Bleedred is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 04:38 PM
  #500
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I'd rather put Loki on the wing and leave Yayo at centre. I don't think it's a better option for the Devils to cater to Loki possibly at Josefson's expense.

Saugus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.