Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

2012-13 English Premier League Round 26

Old
02-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 500
They're also just not that good. Lot of mediocre parts in the side. They need a lot more improvement

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:57 PM
hersky77

liverpool is like a person who has bi-polar disorder, it is so infuriating to watch. One second they can compete with the likes of united and city and the second it looks like their fighting the relegation battler with the likes of qpr and villa. BR has to revamp the whole back end of this team in the summer. Reina is not the same anymore, Agger is getting beat week in and week out, Skrtel is fine, Johnson thinks he's an offensive weapon, the guy cant do anything in the box. Enrique is fine.

hersky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

They're mid table. Mid table owners. Mid table players sans Suarez, mid table manager. It's where they are.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
We have a mid-table defense and goalkeeper, let's not overreact. If not for that back five we'd have taken 6 points from away days at Arsenal and City. In midfield and attack we are very good, you don't dominate at Eastlands with a mid-table team.

Four of our back five are pants. I'd get rid of Reina, Enrique, Skrtel, and Agger to retool it. Johnson didn't have a great game but he's the only one who I don't worry about when defending (strange how that's changed).

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

I just think sacking Daglish for some who just got promoted with Swansea. Was a massive leap for Liverpool.

And when you look this summer at the names that could of been had; Pep would have been an option to take over from Kenny. Pellegrini is almost certain to leave Malaga this summer. I think Liverpool would been one of the few jobs that could of persuaded Klopp to leave Dortmund.

With Rodgers I just have problem with that fact he was trained as coach at Chelsea, A place where under Mourinho Tiki-taka football wasn't practiced. He then gets fired at Reading and Watford, Then gets the Swansea job after Martinez leaves and inherited a team that plays tiki-taka football that was implemented by the two previous managers then all of a sudden he's this 'total football' genius.

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
I just think sacking Daglish for some who just got promoted with Swansea. Was a massive leap for Liverpool.

And when you look this summer at the names that could of been had; Pep would have been an option to take over from Kenny. Pellegrini is almost certain to leave Malaga this summer. I think Liverpool would been one of the few jobs that could of persuaded Klopp to leave Dortmund.
. This isn't 2008 anymore. The only way we are getting back to where we were then is to pick a manager and build a team. I am fine with the route we have taken.

Quote:
With Rodgers I just have problem with that fact he was trained as coach at Chelsea, A place where under Mourinho Tiki-taka football wasn't practiced. He then gets fired at Reading and Watford, Then gets the Swansea job after Martinez leaves and inherited a team that plays tiki-taka football that was implemented by the two previous managers then all of a sudden he's this 'total football' genius.
Please name how many of those players who got Swansea promoted were signed by Martinez. You'll find not many. How can you blame the manager in a match where his side had 25 shots, 60% possession and gave up five shots? Short of throwing the ball in the net with his own two hands what is he supposed to about it? The team is playing good football, but he cannot score for them nor can he mark on corners. The players have to take responsibility and do those things themselves.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I don't slag him for the Swansea deal but its very clear he's learning on the job and might not cut it.

With no Sturridge we looked awful slow.

They're alright but then you see City play worse this past week and the idea that LFC are good takes a hit. If they can't get up for a team that throttled you in the start of the season, it's down to the vets and manager.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
They did get up though. Gerrard's saved penalty was the difference between talking about an inspired performance where we were all over them and talking about Agger's defensive frailty. After the first goal Liverpool shut down and that doesn't sit well, but for the vast majority of the match West Brom didn't even have a look at attacking and some good saves by Foster were the only thing keeping it from being a massacre.

Taking other poor performances over the last few years and Benitez years into account, this one doesn't even rate as one of the poorest.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Foppa

I hate Liverpool but in a way I feel for them. Often it seems like Arsenal and Liverpool are in the same boat these days.

As far as the other games...

Swansea are just a great team to watch, it's amazing what they do as a team through 3 straight managers now compared to a club like Q.P.R. which just throws millions at players and expects results. I root for the Swans...I know it is likely they will lose Ashley Williams and someday probably guys like Michu but I think they have a good thing going with ever-increasing talent throughout the squad and can sustain this through changes for some time.

I feel like Soton are stepping in that same kind of direction (with a lot of financial support too). It was ballsy to sack Adkins but Pochettino I feel like has this team playing even better. They are a super fit squad that runs all over and passes really well. I think guys like Lallana, Puncheon and Cork could see call-ups at some point for England and to me Schneiderlin is deserving of a France call-up. Guy is becoming a stud. I feel they are a good bet for safety this year with lots and lots of upside in the future.

Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Players gave everything? Enrique loafing to a throw at 67? Johnson looking like he was passing a land mine? Agger looked like he was betting on WBA. Rodgers needs some envelopes because no one rightfully believes that.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Of course there are a few players who didn't do their best, but on the balance of things how can anyone say we didn't play well enough to win? We certainly did, but we didn't win. This was the opposite of the Villa match, and the reverse fixture against WBA where we didn't turn up and got exactly what we deserved.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
. This isn't 2008 anymore. The only way we are getting back to where we were then is to pick a manager and build a team. I am fine with the route we have taken.

I think you underestimate your teams prestige. Liverpool should be able to lure the best managerial names around.

The thing Liverpool has that would have worked in it's favor is a good academy, And I think with Pep and Klopp that would appealed to them greatly considering they come from to teams that have a lot home grown talent(in the case of Barce, The whole team pretty much)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Please name how many of those players who got Swansea promoted were signed by Martinez. You'll find not many. How can you blame the manager in a match where his side had 25 shots, 60% possession and gave up five shots? Short of throwing the ball in the net with his own two hands what is he supposed to about it? The team is playing good football, but he cannot score for them nor can he mark on corners. The players have to take responsibility and do those things themselves.
I'm not sure exactly, But I Know with Laudrup they haven't missed a beet. And he's another guy who's been shuffled off twice in his young management career. I'm less suspicious about him cause he's played at Barce and been developed in that in style of football more.

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Can't make this up. "Disappointed for the players as they've been on a terrific run"

Not won in four and lost to Oldham.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:26 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Can't make this up. "Disappointed for the players as they've been on a terrific run"

Not won in four and lost to Oldham.
wow ...

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:31 PM
awesomo
HARD!

wow liverpool, jumped over by WBA

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:38 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

I'm not going to kill Johnson who has been great all season. Gerrard scores that penalty, and we probably win the game. This side has improved from the beginning of the season in some respects and stagnated in others. Rodgers has not gotten all of his players in here yet but has made some headway in that regard. Downing and Henderson look to be actual quality. As LITN said, our attacking is actually pretty solid. Still think we may need another striker who can be consistent scorer off bench but all of a sudden, we are deep in attacking talent.

Enrique has been up and down (I would keep him though). Skrtel and Agger have been equally inconsistent and my patience is wearing thin. Kelly cannot stay on the pitch. Rodgers doesn't like Coates' skillset. Maybe Robinson will be ready by the summer? Rumored to be signing Diakite from Lazio. And although the game was over for all intents and purposes, that was a crap 2nd goal Pepe conceded. Really done with him. Still think we can finish in top 6 this year but we must continue to push the rock up the hill. FSG have to shell out some freaking dough.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:27 AM
awesomo
HARD!

Did anybody see puncheon wipe his ass on a goal celebration. Absolutely hilarious but I can't believe the FA let that one go knowing them

Just hilarious because of that chant

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:20 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Glad I missed that match.

Three matches in seven days coming up. Liverpool need to forget this one.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
Did anybody see puncheon wipe his ass on a goal celebration. Absolutely hilarious but I can't believe the FA let that one go knowing them

Just hilarious because of that chant

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote