HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Derick Brassard Available?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2013, 04:18 PM
  #76
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Actually in this case you can. ROR is not signed or another teams property. He's a RFA so he's available to anyone with the possibility for the Avs to match an offer. You could certainly gauge interest with the ROR camp and then work with the Avs on a trade. Don't see it happening for Cbus but that's a different story altogether.
Nope. He's still Avs property. You can send him an offer, but in no way can you talk to him.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:19 PM
  #77
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,365
vCash: 500
MacArthur can play either wing. Gunnarson (steady top 4 D) may also be available from the Leafs. I'd be interested in using either of them as a starting point for talks.

Maybe Kulemin too, he can play either wing.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:21 PM
  #78
EarlGrey
Registered User
 
EarlGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
Would be very interested in him joining the Ducks. Ryan/Brassard/Selanne, could work out well. However I don't think the Ducks have the assets to get a deal done.

EarlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:21 PM
  #79
Xoggz22
HFB Partner
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslebn View Post
By the same token if ROR is really in the same type of package as an Oshie/Backes/Perron mold I would think he'd be the perfect fit for the new picture of the CBJ.

Backes is at 4.5m
Oshie is at 4.2 m
Perron is at 3.8 m
Agreed. I like ROR and think he would be an excellent fit in Columbus. Judging value on HF is never easy.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:23 PM
  #80
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Nope. He's still Avs property. You can send him an offer, but in no way can you talk to him.
I think you can if the Avs give their permission. Just look at the Varlamov deal. That basically could not have happened if such a rule exists.
At least McPhee negotiated on the Avs behalf.
That could easily happen with ROR as well. But such a rule (where the team can not give permission) would be stupid to be honest because it hurts the team which should originally be protected with that rule

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:23 PM
  #81
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,231
vCash: 500
What about Raymond? I know there is this stigma that he isn't good anymore, but he is playing very well this season. 2nd on the team in goals and is pretty close to 09/10 form.

Not 100% sure I want to deal him right now, as I like the chemistry he has built with Schroeder but what do you guys think?

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:23 PM
  #82
Xoggz22
HFB Partner
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Nope. He's still Avs property. You can send him an offer, but in no way can you talk to him.
I think you can negotiate with his agent all you want as a free agent. He's Avs property in the fact that he's a RFA but a FA none-the-less so while I won't stake my life on it I'm pretty certain you can negotiate with him.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:28 PM
  #83
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I think you can negotiate with his agent all you want as a free agent. He's Avs property in the fact that he's a RFA but a FA none-the-less so while I won't stake my life on it I'm pretty certain you can negotiate with him.
You can't. For any offer sheet contracts you have to shoot blind. RFA is restricted. Only the team who owns his rights can negotiate with the player. This is like the #1 difference between RFA and UFA.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I think you can if the Avs give their permission. Just look at the Varlamov deal. That basically could not have happened if such a rule exists.
At least McPhee negotiated on the Avs behalf.
That could easily happen with ROR as well. But such a rule (where the team can not give permission) would be stupid to be honest because it hurts the team which should originally be protected with that rule
Well of course you can if they give permission. It's the team getting infringed upon who would have to exercise their right on protecting (or restricting) the RFA from talking with other teams.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:42 PM
  #84
Schalkenullvier*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: tief im westen
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,590
vCash: 500
I wouldn't think Brassard+1st (NYR/LAK) for O'Reilly would be a bad deal for Columbus? Depends on wether or not they can sign him of course... But if he's willing, that could be a good building block.

I see that there's a rebuild in place and with it a "don't trade firsts" mentality, but really despite the rags and kings early struggles, I'd expect those picks to be around 20 if not higher. Not a bad ick of course but far from certain.You buy the security of knowing what ROR brings which you don't have to the same extend with the pick or Brassard's unfilled potential. RoR can fill in as top line center, and if Coulmbus get a high pick this year, pick a C and everything goes right, they have a great 1-2 punch right there, which is probably one of the most difficult things to get. For that, you can easily trade a first even in a rebuild.

Look at what Carolina traded for Staal... young C that might be of similar value as Brassard (can't compare the defensive games), top 10 pick and what HF rates a decent prospect (Top 4 potential). Now Staal is way more proven than RoR (actually the fact that RoR has only been good for one season might be what CBJ likes least about this trade, except the salary) but then again that's a better package that brassard + 1st.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:48 PM
  #85
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,139
vCash: 500
Bishop + Mark Stone + Matt Puempel

for

Derick Brassard + Tim Erixon



Also, has the winner claimed the Haggar slacks yet? I like Haggar.

36 x 36 please.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:52 PM
  #86
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
I wouldn't think Brassard+1st (NYR/LAK) for O'Reilly would be a bad deal for Columbus? Depends on wether or not they can sign him of course... But if he's willing, that could be a good building block.

I see that there's a rebuild in place and with it a "don't trade firsts" mentality, but really despite the rags and kings early struggles, I'd expect those picks to be around 20 if not higher. Not a bad ick of course but far from certain.You buy the security of knowing what ROR brings which you don't have to the same extend with the pick or Brassard's unfilled potential. RoR can fill in as top line center, and if Coulmbus get a high pick this year, pick a C and everything goes right, they have a great 1-2 punch right there, which is probably one of the most difficult things to get. For that, you can easily trade a first even in a rebuild.

Look at what Carolina traded for Staal... young C that might be of similar value as Brassard (can't compare the defensive games), top 10 pick and what HF rates a decent prospect (Top 4 potential). Now Staal is way more proven than RoR (actually the fact that RoR has only been good for one season might be what CBJ likes least about this trade, except the salary) but then again that's a better package that brassard + 1st.
You did not even factor in that the LAK or NYR pick will not be close to the #8 pick traded for Staal and therefore swing this deal completely. Brassard is not really worth much more than Sutter and I feel that the difference between 8th + Dumoulin and the LAK/NYR pick clearly outweighs
the difference between ROR and Staal.
As an Avs fan I feel that ROR for Brassard + NYR/LAK 1st would be a take it and run deal for CBJ. Would hate it for the Avs and hopefully they would not do it. I really believe it would take Moore + Brassard to get Sherman to listen. But as already stated, that is not a deal CBJ would be comfortable with. So it won't happen .

The main reason for my response is that I want to ask you about your feelings towards Jens Keller and his fabulous team

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:56 PM
  #87
kimzey59
Registered User
 
kimzey59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,752
vCash: 500
D'Agostini and a 3rd
for
Brassard

Brassard gives the Blues the center we're looking for. He'd allow Steen to shift back out to LW where he has proven to be better.


D'Agostini would fit in nicely with the squad Columbus is building. He'd be your best finisher right off the bat and is still young.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:59 PM
  #88
Schalkenullvier*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: tief im westen
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
You did not even factor in that the LAK or NYR pick will not be close to the #8 pick traded for Staal and therefore swing this deal completely. Brassard is not really worth much more than Sutter and I feel that the difference between 8th + Dumoulin and the LAK/NYR pick clearly outweighs
the difference between ROR and Staal.
As an Avs fan I feel that ROR for Brassard + NYR/LAK 1st would be a take it and run deal for CBJ. Would hate it for the Avs and hopefully they would not do it. I really believe it would take Moore + Brassard to get Sherman to listen. But as already stated, that is not a deal CBJ would be comfortable with. So it won't happen .

The main reason for my response is that I want to ask you about your feelings towards Jens Keller and his fabulous team
Oh **** off Can't I even hide in hockey forums anymore

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:01 PM
  #89
Schenn
In Rod We Trust
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,525
vCash: 816
MacArthur + Pick?

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82088&dateline=135762  5592
Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:08 PM
  #90
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,608
vCash: 500
I'd be willing to trade Moore + Brassard for O'Reilly assuming there is a reasonable contract in place. Thing is, Howson really seems to like Moore so dont count on it.

Erixon, Savard, Murray, Goloubef, Columbus still would have alot of good young defenders.

O'Reilly, Johansen, Jenner would be pretty good bunch of centers to build around.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:09 PM
  #91
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Bishop + Mark Stone + Matt Puempel

for

Derick Brassard + Tim Erixon
No interest in Brassard. I'll take just the Erixon please.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:11 PM
  #92
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
No interest in Brassard. I'll take just the Erixon please.
Brassard is a good stop gap while Spezza is out, then we can move him to the wing. He is an upgrade over Latendresse (who has whiplash some how?)

also a line of Zibanejad/Brassard/Michalek all 6th overalls could be fun

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:12 PM
  #93
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 8,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I'd be willing to trade Moore + Brassard for O'Reilly assuming there is a reasonable contract in place. Thing is, Howson really seems to like Moore so dont count on it.

Erixon, Savard, Murray, Goloubef, Columbus still would have alot of good young defenders.

O'Reilly, Johansen, Jenner would be pretty good bunch of centers to build around.
I agree with this.

I would try to jedi mindtrick Colorado into accepting Brassard + Savard + a pick. Would go as high as Brassard + Moore + our latest 1st (a fair amount of overpayment from the Jackets IMO) for O'Reilly provided there are conditions in place that see ROR re-signing in Columbus for multiple years. This would occur after draft order is established.

I wouldn't trade Erixon because that would be his 4th franchise already and he would be on a divisional opponent of Calgary's which is just cruel (unless Colorado really wanted him for some reason, I assume they're ambivalent).

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:14 PM
  #94
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Brassard is a good stop gap while Spezza is out, then we can move him to the wing. He is an upgrade over Latendresse (who has whiplash some how?)

also a line of Zibanejad/Brassard/Michalek all 6th overalls could be fun
Latendresse, if he gets healthy and comfortable and in shape (which I think he is most definitely doing right now), is a better player than Brassard. He really wants to stay here and I think he will do it at a far lower price. Brassard has never consistently been a top 6 player. I really have no interest in giving up 3 solid pieces for him, even if Erixon is included.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:19 PM
  #95
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I agree with this.

I would try to jedi mindtrick Colorado into accepting Brassard + Savard + a pick. Would go as high as Brassard + Moore + our latest 1st (a fair amount of overpayment from the Jackets IMO) for O'Reilly provided there are conditions in place that see ROR re-signing in Columbus for multiple years. This would occur after draft order is established.

I wouldn't trade Erixon because that would be his 4th franchise already and he would be on a divisional opponent of Calgary's which is just cruel (unless Colorado really wanted him for some reason, I assume they're ambivalent).
Could see something like this happening if the rumors about Sherman really liking Brassard are true. The main piece is obviously Moore whom I really like. But I have not seen him play that much. Would he be a fit next to EJ ?
I guess if the Avs decide to trade ROR they would first shop him and see if they can get a 1 for 1 hockey deal kind of swap for him.

But if it had to be a "package" deal, I would like this one valuewise.
But I don't know if other Avs fans and especially Avs management value Moore as much as I do.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:35 PM
  #96
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I agree with this.

I would try to jedi mindtrick Colorado into accepting Brassard + Savard + a pick. Would go as high as Brassard + Moore + our latest 1st (a fair amount of overpayment from the Jackets IMO) for O'Reilly provided there are conditions in place that see ROR re-signing in Columbus for multiple years. This would occur after draft order is established.

I wouldn't trade Erixon because that would be his 4th franchise already and he would be on a divisional opponent of Calgary's which is just cruel (unless Colorado really wanted him for some reason, I assume they're ambivalent).
I would assume they wanted Moore, but if Savard was more desirable then sure. But yea, it would be contigent on getting some decent control of O'Reilly.

Erixon has played pretty well up here and a reason why Columbus can part with a good d prospect. No doubt in my mind he will be a decent NHL dman. He was the wild card in the Nash deal, which could work out for the better.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:38 PM
  #97
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,139
vCash: 500
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
#NHL scouts from: BOS, CAR, CHI 2, COL, DET, EDM, MINN, MON, NASH, NJ, NYR, OTT, PHIL 2, PITT, TB, VAN, WPG ... total of 19 in Nationwide.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:12 PM
  #98
Kc232
Hi
 
Kc232's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 705
vCash: 500
Stafford + 5th for Brassard PLEASE

Kc232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:29 PM
  #99
604
Registered User
 
604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,120
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I'd take a long hard look at Brassard + LA 1st for ROR.
If I'm CBJ, I'd jump on this in a heart beat.

As a Canucks fan, I'd trade significant assets for ROR (1st + 2nd + Gaunce) while I wouldn't be willing to trade a 2nd for Brassard given his cap hit to production ratio.

604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:51 PM
  #100
HighOFFHockey
Registered User
 
HighOFFHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
O'Reilly for Brassard+
That sounds plausible. Brassard + 1st for O'Reily.

HighOFFHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.