FAQ: Going to Anaheim and Honda Center

Old
06-29-2012, 12:05 PM
cannon fodder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
Hi all Ducks fans -

A few friends are thinking of travelling from Winnipeg to Anaheim for the Ducks/Jets (and Kings/Jets) games in February 2013. Great Jets double-header in California, plus more importantly we get to see both our cities' beloved son Teemu again!

Any suggestions on good hotels near the Honda Center and good pre-gaming spots?

What are odds single game tickets will be available, or should we buy ASAP?

Thanks -

PS - Teemu's return to Winnipeg! Just magical.
http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocente...d=96&id=143106

http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocente...id=0&id=143153
There are plenty of hotels in the area, just search for hotels near Disneyland. Most people would recommend JT Schmid's, The Catch, Lazy Dog Cafe, King's Fish House, or Danny K's which are all within walking distance to the arena.

cannon fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
Hi all Ducks fans -

A few friends are thinking of travelling from Winnipeg to Anaheim for the Ducks/Jets (and Kings/Jets) games in February 2013. Great Jets double-header in California, plus more importantly we get to see both our cities' beloved son Teemu again!

Any suggestions on good hotels near the Honda Center and good pre-gaming spots?

What are odds single game tickets will be available, or should we buy ASAP?

Thanks -

PS - Teemu's return to Winnipeg! Just magical.
http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocente...d=96&id=143106

http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocente...id=0&id=143153
Odds are much better than getting tickets last year for the Ducks in WPG.

http://www.714tickets.com/Events/Ana.../Tickets/16420

This agency is across the street from the arena and next door to JT Schmidt. I've bought from them before. I've always paid less than face value but I do pick my spots. If the Ducks are doing well many games will sell out (but still be available at reasonable prices). If not you have it made. I've bought upper bowl for $10 and lower bowl for $50, depending of course on many factors. It varies. Your game is a Sunday night which usually doesn't draw a big crowd. Prices are usually higher early and drop a week or so before the game if they are going to. Depends what you want to spend but I wouldn't be in a huge hurry to buy as soon as they go on sale. Even in the good years I could buy cheap seats at face value for most games.

Best of luck and have a good time!

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 06:38 AM
buckridesagain*

I heard security at the pond is annoying. Can anyone confirm this?

buckridesagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckridesagain View Post
I heard security at the pond is annoying. Can anyone confirm this?
Just a quick wand on the way in, then they don't bother you unless you get drunk, or start stuff.

Force951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 09:03 AM
mighty all the way

So I thought it was funny how the other day there's the five dollar parking then less than a block farther away by Carl's Jr. they had 10 dollar parking haha.

Oh and what's up with the strike from Anaheim's Arena Management workers, I haven't heard anything about it until I got to the security stuff and they were handing out flyers right there.

mighty all the way is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:22 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 1661
There's been no news about it that I've seen.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Kristus Pronger

Visiting Anaheim

Hey guys! Sorry if there is already a thread for people to ask questions about coming to Anaheim, tried to search for one but couldn't find any.

So anyway, I'm from Finland, and I'm doing an exchange semester in upstate New York at the moment. I will be in the States until May 20th, give or take a few days. As a life long Ducks fan who's never even been in the U.S before this (but thankfully been aboe to see the Ducks live once at least, when they played the Sabres in Helsinki last season), I obviously have to come down to Anaheim and watch a few games before going back to Finland. I think this might be a good place to ask a few questions now that I am starting to plan my trip down there. Any help would be much appreciated!

-First of all, what would be the best way to get to the Honda Center? NYC to LAX? Then how do I get to Anaheim from LAX in a cheap but relatively convenient way? Or could it be possible to fly to some airport closer to Anaheim, without paying much more for the flight? Can you name some cheap airlines here in the U.S?

-How long does it generally take to get from NYC to Anaheim and vice versa? Including security checks at the airport, taking a bus or whatever from LAX to Anaheim? It will take me about 3 hours to get to NYC, so this is crucial information as I look at my class schedule...

-I would probably want to stay in a hotel relatively close to Honda Center, are there any inexpensive hotels nearby?

-Would you recommend that I buy the tickets online from the Ducks website, or is there some place where I can buy them cheaper?

-My options for when to come to Anaheim are pretty limited because of my school schedule, but I have narrowed it down to 3 options that should be possible:
  • 3/23-3/26, Red Wings on sunday, Sharks on monday.
  • 4/6-4/9, Kings on sunday, Oilers on monday.
  • Hope the Ducks make the playoffs (looking pretty good so far, but this could be a risky option, it would suck if I didn't get to see any Ducks games before I go back home...) and go to a couple of playoff games after my final exams.

Which of those options would you recommend? I really enjoy our games against the Wings and the Sharks, so opponent-wise that would be my first choice. But is there anything else I should take into consideration, like is there anything else going on in Anaheim or even LA during the dates I listed, that might be worth checking out while I'm there?

If there's any other insightful information you can provide, that would also be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance, hope to see you at a Ducks game this season!

Kristus Pronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:21 PM
eenok*

oh boy ..very young boy guessing .?..

dont worry relax , i suggest coming 3/26 and have some adventuring!!

very many airports around town but listen come to LAX , adventure to OC (orange county) w bus, subway ...see maps! ask around there are so many ways getting around ..easy ok? see map w subways not getting around whole town! busses very slow stopping allower!...from OC ask for busses that goes to HONDA . stay calm ., have eyes and dont go to ganglands. have adventure!

EENOK/IL Hockeyprofessor ,Finland

eenok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Exit Dose

Go Red Wings and Sharks. Those are almost always great games.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:35 PM
DigitalSea
Danny Brière

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Go Red Wings and Sharks. Those are almost always great games.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
oh boy ..very young boy guessing .?..

dont worry relax , i suggest coming 3/26 and have some adventuring!!

very many airports around town but listen come to LAX , adventure to OC (orange county) w bus, subway ...see maps! ask around there are so many ways getting around ..easy ok? see map w subways not getting around whole town! busses very slow stopping allower!...from OC ask for busses that goes to HONDA . stay calm ., have eyes and dont go to ganglands. have adventure!

EENOK/IL Hockeyprofessor ,Finland
And disregard this.

DigitalSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristus Pronger View Post
-First of all, what would be the best way to get to the Honda Center? NYC to LAX? Then how do I get to Anaheim from LAX in a cheap but relatively convenient way? Or could it be possible to fly to some airport closer to Anaheim, without paying much more for the flight? Can you name some cheap airlines here in the U.S?
NYC to LAX works, or you can get a flight to John Wayne in Santa Ana, which is about an hour closer to Anaheim. Either airport will work, so just go with what's cheaper. For flights, go on some sites like Expedia, or Priceline, and they will have some cheap flights.

-How long does it generally take to get from NYC to Anaheim and vice versa? Including security checks at the airport, taking a bus or whatever from LAX to Anaheim? It will take me about 3 hours to get to NYC, so this is crucial information as I look at my class schedule...
The flight from New York to LA will be 6+ hours, and taking a car or train (Amtrak) to Anaheim will take about an hour.

-I would probably want to stay in a hotel relatively close to Honda Center, are there any inexpensive hotels nearby?
Yes, and there are a lot of hotels and motels, due to the Honda Center's proximity to Disneyland. You will have a lot to pick from. You can also use those sites like Priceline, etc., to find hotels.

-Would you recommend that I buy the tickets online from the Ducks website, or is there some place where I can buy them cheaper?
You can buy from the Ducks website, but you can also buy from Stubhub.com, which will have a lot more options, and some tickets will even go for under face value.

-My options for when to come to Anaheim are pretty limited because of my school schedule, but I have narrowed it down to 3 options that should be possible:
  • 3/23-3/26, Red Wings on sunday, Sharks on monday.
  • 4/6-4/9, Kings on sunday, Oilers on monday.
  • Hope the Ducks make the playoffs (looking pretty good so far, but this could be a risky option, it would suck if I didn't get to see any Ducks games before I go back home...) and go to a couple of playoff games after my final exams.

Which of those options would you recommend? I really enjoy our games against the Wings and the Sharks, so opponent-wise that would be my first choice. But is there anything else I should take into consideration, like is there anything else going on in Anaheim or even LA during the dates I listed, that might be worth checking out while I'm there? I don't think there's anything special going on during those dates, but there's a lot of things you can do at any time of the year in this area (LA and/or OC). I'd go to the Wings and Sharks games, if I were you. Usually those games are pretty fun.

If there's any other insightful information you can provide, that would also be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance, hope to see you at a Ducks game this season!
My answers are in bold.

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Ramenbot

Choose Kings/Oilers, so you can boo LA, and then boo Schultz.

Ramenbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:30 PM
IDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramenbot View Post
Choose Kings/Oilers, so you can boo LA, and then boo Schultz.
yeah it quite the experiance, although sharks are good too...im curious to see how wings "fans" come out now that the team is where it is but either way, cant lose

IDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:37 AM
OilBruin

Going on a trip to Anaheim

Hey guys, so my girlfriend and I have a trip planned to Anaheim in the middle of May and we have 3 free days off besides the typical Disneyland/Universal studios. I suggested going to an Angels game, but then I remembered that playoffs would be during that time. So if Anaheim makes the playoffs (knocks on wood), what would the prices be like and how hard would they be to get? As well are there any places that sell Mighty Ducks apparel?

Thanks in advance.

OilBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:51 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Check the stickied going to Anaheim thread.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:09 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

No clue what the potential playoff ticket prices would be, do you have a price range in mind?

No places that carry Mighty Ducks stuff that I'm aware of, you have to look hard to find any NHL merchandise to start with.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:14 PM
OilBruin

I'm looking at spending between 50-100 per ticket. I'm not sure how high the demand for tickets are in Anaheim. And with that price range I would expect to sit in the 400 sections.

That's too bad about the Mighty Ducks apparel, thanks though!

OilBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 12:25 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilBruin View Post
I'm looking at spending between 50-100 per ticket. I'm not sure how high the demand for tickets are in Anaheim. And with that price range I would expect to sit in the 400 sections.

That's too bad about the Mighty Ducks apparel, thanks though!
I'd expect the playoff markup for 400 level seats to be in that range, unless you end up having to buy them off of somebody.

Demand really depends on the opponent. If we're up against a close team, one with a lot of transplants or a traveling fan base it may be a bit difficult to find tickets but I don't think it will be impossible.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Force951

The last time the Ducks made the playoffs i sold my extra seats in 404 half way up for $40 and could have gotten more if i wanted to.

Force951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Bender66
RIP #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilBruin View Post
Hey guys, so my girlfriend and I have a trip planned to Anaheim in the middle of May and we have 3 free days off besides the typical Disneyland/Universal studios. I suggested going to an Angels game, but then I remembered that playoffs would be during that time. So if Anaheim makes the playoffs (knocks on wood), what would the prices be like and how hard would they be to get? As well are there any places that sell Mighty Ducks apparel?

Thanks in advance.
If they make the playoffs, prices shouldn't be too bad. The markup didn't really happen until the Finals, and even then it wasn't bad.

I bought a pair of 2007 Finals game 1 nosebleeds on stubhub for $550
I bought 3 tickets for 2003 Finals game 6 nosebleeds on razorgator for ~$1100
If you are able to buy them directly from Ducks/Ticketmaster, they'll probably be cheaper.

Bender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 03:53 PM
eenok*

commin to LAtown in bout a week an can only see hotels/motels for millionaire people is town this bad? can anyone here give advise where to stay. im ready to stay at area from santa monica to redondo beach an second session at OC near beaches maybe. i see only 60dollar night motels. please help me i can pay max 50 a night. horrible sum after three weeks. any coaches available or wait ill skip this method alright

EENOK,Hockeyprofessor,IL;Finland

Old
03-04-2013, 04:18 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
commin to LAtown in bout a week an can only see hotels/motels for millionaire people is town this bad? can anyone here give advise where to stay. im ready to stay at area from santa monica to redondo beach an second session at OC near beaches maybe. i see only 60dollar night motels. please help me i can pay max 50 a night. horrible sum after three weeks. any coaches available or wait ill skip this method alright

EENOK,Hockeyprofessor,IL;Finland
$100 a night is kind of the standard rate for a decent hotel room in California.

$50 a night is generally more the Motel 6 type.

Depends what you are looking for.

Check out the travel websites like Travelocity, Orbitz.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:46 PM
eenok*

motel 6 looks cheapest on these net sites. expensive doin these days after days. 10days=590. 30days=1770.us ********

i need to pay like 1000 for a month. what do YOU paying for one month living. THANK YOU

EENOK,Professor of hockey,IL,Finland

Old
03-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
motel 6 looks cheapest on these net sites. expensive doin these days after days. 10days=590. 30days=1770.us ********

i need to pay like 1000 for a month. what do YOU paying for one month living. THANK YOU

EENOK,Professor of hockey,IL,Finland
More than that. California can be a pretty expensive place to live.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:20 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

You can try an extended stay type place that charges by the week but it may not be much cheaper.

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote