HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Fantasy Live Draft

Old
02-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Falco5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Does anyone have a non-retarded answer for the abandoning of the serpentine draft with 4 rounds to go?!
Early on 7 rounds was decided as a good number because at that point most top level talent would be gone. After we had started the draft someone realized an odd number of rounds was unfair. Switching to 6 or 8 rounds was discussed but decided against. The solution was to randomize the order again for the 7th round to attempt to minimize any advantage.

P.S. If you still thought there were 10 rounds you should probably go read the other thread. Chances are you are missing out on some other important rule.

Falco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
It was established before the draft began that we were not going to do 10 rounds. How did Sinurgy miss that?
Why would you not update the front page then? What else is on there that apparently was changed in a random discussion in who knows what thread?

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:21 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Why would you not update the front page then? What else is on there that apparently was changed in a random discussion in who knows what thread?
That's on Santillo, but the conversation went on in the discussion thread for a while. Have you not been paying attention to it?

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
Early on 7 rounds was decided as a good number because at that point most top level talent would be gone. After we had started the draft someone realized an odd number of rounds was unfair. Switching to 6 or 8 rounds was discussed but decided against. The solution was to randomize the order again for the 7th round to attempt to minimize any advantage.

P.S. If you still thought there were 10 rounds you should probably go read the other thread. Chances are you are missing out on some other important rule.
That seems like an odd decision, a GM earns his keep in the late rounds not the early rounds.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"

want a second please.

Swift Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:25 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
My god! people are so whiny! It's just a game, suck it up and pick a player.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
That's on Santillo, but the conversation went on in the discussion thread for a while. Have you not been paying attention to it?
No, I'm not even aware of a discussion thread. All I know of is this thread and the sign up thread and obviously I don't monitor the sign up thread because I'm already signed up.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Falco5

Quote:
No, I'm not even aware of a discussion thread. All I know of is this thread and the sign up thread and obviously I don't monitor the sign up thread because I'm already signed up.

Falco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:27 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
The signup thread IS the discussion thread. Fuss can't edit his posts. Also why did you think the thread kept getting bumped?

Old
02-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"

select Gabriel Bourque

Swift Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
The signup thread IS the discussion thread. Fuss can't edit his posts. Also why did you think the thread kept getting bumped?
I just told you I didn't monitor the sign up page, I wouldn't know if it got bumped or not. I don't see why you would expect people to assume that the "sign up" page is now the "discussion" page but no point arguing over it, it is what it is. Would it be an unreasonable request to have whomever the powers may be make sure the information on the first post is accurate and not outdated?

Old
02-11-2013, 05:43 PM
xVx Santillo

Ya because I haven't already wasted my life being on 24/7 since Thursday for you guys for this draft to work, I haven't edited who picked who,I have a job, school and do other **** and I still managed to do this..no god damn excuses u couldn't take the time to be there for ur pick or take the time to read through the threads NO EXCUSE

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:44 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Well that escalated quickly.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:44 PM
4EDM14OIL93

Quote:
The guy who took Z. Michalek, want to trade for Wheeler? I imagine you don't have the hatred that I do for the puke.
Uhhhh idk..... I'll have to see

4EDM14OIL93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:49 PM
EvoLu7ioN

I'll take radek Faksa.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:57 PM
xVx Santillo

it's your turn

Old
02-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
Ya because I haven't already wasted my life being on 24/7 since Thursday for you guys for this draft to work, I haven't edited who picked who,I have a job, school and do other **** and I still managed to do this..no god damn excuses u couldn't take the time to be there for ur pick or take the time to read through the threads NO EXCUSE
******* (lol...HF censors sc-um-bag) Santillo rants about no excuses, gives several excuses in rant.

Anyway...moving on...I just think it'd be very helpful for all involved if all relevant information was kept updated in a single place. I don't care where that place is, I just think it makes a lot of sense from an organizational standpoint. Forgetting the past, doesn't that seem like a good idea going forward?

Old
02-11-2013, 06:13 PM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
******* (lol...HF censors sc-um-bag) Santillo rants about no excuses, gives several excuses in rant.

Anyway...moving on...I just think it'd be very helpful for all involved if all relevant information was kept updated in a single place. I don't care where that place is, I just think it makes a lot of sense from an organizational standpoint. Forgetting the past, doesn't that seem like a good idea going forward?
Hey genius those excuses I ranted about aren't excuses for me because I still made the time to come on and do all the things I've done, you could've done the same..if u did u would've known it was 7 rounds and why, you would've known why the order changed, you would've known that Fuss can't edit his posts and you would've made ur picks...in the end you wouldn't be complaining

There's someone moving across te country am he still made the time to come on and make his pick or send a priority list and be aware of everything

In the end stop complaining for non sense this the last I saw on the matter whoever a next pick

Old
02-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
Hey genius those excuses I ranted about aren't excuses for me because I still made the time to come on and do all the things I've done, you could've done the same..if u did u would've known it was 7 rounds and why, you would've known why the order changed, you would've known that Fuss can't edit his posts and you would've made ur picks...in the end you wouldn't be complaining

There's someone moving across te country am he still made the time to come on and make his pick or send a priority list and be aware of everything

In the end stop complaining for non sense this the last I saw on the matter whoever a next pick
No I wouldn't have because I didn't know to monitor a ****ing sign up thread! Defend it all you want but burying important information in a 29 page sign up thread is a retarded way to disseminate important information. Look...I get it, the Wheeler pick is on me...I should've submitted a priority list...I'm moving on, I'm just suggesting that in the future we should have all important information and changes to that information reflected in one place. How can you think that is a bad idea?!

Old
02-11-2013, 06:27 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:33 PM
avsfan89

sorry ill make my pic in a min!

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:34 PM
avsfan89

Bruins select,

Artem Anisimov!

I don't think he has been taken yet. If he has, I will Select Defensement Jamie McBain

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:34 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

One thing: You don't need to monitor a thread to know it is getting bumped. Just saiyan.

Also, it isn't a big deal because it isn't like Sinurgy made some gigantic mistake that cost him Wayne Gretzky. He was just misinformed about the number of rounds there were. I think we need to move kn.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
One thing: You don't need to monitor a thread to know it is getting bumped. Just saiyan.

Also, it isn't a big deal because it isn't like Sinurgy made some gigantic mistake that cost him Wayne Gretzky. He was just misinformed about the number of rounds there were. I think we need to move kn.
No but you would need to monitor the EA Sports NHL board and I had no reason to be doing that either. At any rate, now that I know, I will include the sign up thread as one to follow. Still I think it makes a lot of sense in the future to keep information updated in one place.

No I wasn't cost Gretzky or anything close to it and I'm not even complaining about the Wheeler pick. In fact I know that Wheeler is probably the best guy for my team and I've been told he gets pretty good in the future too. Basically I got a player that is pretty damn good in video game land, I just happen to hate him so much...little ingrate *******. Remember the Coyotes were the laughing stock of the draft for taking Wheeler 5th overall, they believed in him and took a lot of abuse for it and how does he pay them back...he uses an obscure clause in the CBA to bail on them and go to Boston. Ugh..seriously...**** that kid!

Anyway...yes...moving on. As I stated before the Wheeler pick is entirely my fault and after a PM to Santillo I know he was just trying to pick me a good player for my team.

Last edited by Sinurgy: 02-11-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old
02-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahabsfanfromtoronto View Post
well this post is really ironic

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote