St. John's IceCaps 2012-13 - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 11:06 AM
IceCapsFanNL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienjet View Post
Kevin Clark is let go.What a joke one of the few guys who gave a crap.
Wow, just Wow, where did you get this??

Old
02-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsFanNL View Post
Wow, just Wow, where did you get this??
Brendan McCarthy's twitter.Sol is called up.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:08 AM
truck
HFB Partner

On the bright side, the people out east should get a taste of what TNSE wants to build next year.

It will still take a good 3 years or so for the Jets to flush out the Atl picks and fill them with their kind of players, but Sutter, Lowry and maybe Scheifele are the kind of players that TNSE wants. Kossy and Olsen will be there the next year. If you want some hearty players, you are going to get em.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
On the bright side, the people out east should get a taste of what TNSE wants to build next year.

It will still take a good 3 years or so for the Jets to flush out the Atl picks and fill them with their kind of players, but Sutter, Lowry and maybe Scheifele are the kind of players that TNSE wants. Kossy and Olsen will be there the next year. If you want some hearty players, you are going to get em.
Pie in the sky thinking won't make up for this season.

Got rid of a warrior in Clark.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:11 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Maybe he asked to be released to go somewhere else. It can't be fun in that dressing room. Why call up Sol? Lots of D here

Old
02-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Maybe he asked to be released to go somewhere else. It can't be fun in that dressing room. Why call up Sol? Lots of D here
Confused in regards to Sol he can play forward.Not well but he can.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:12 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Quote:
Pie in the sky thinking won't make up for this season.

Got rid of a warrior in Clark.
Sure it will if they have a good year next year. What have you done lately is hurting them this year, but might help next year.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Sure it will if they have a good year next year. What have you done lately is hurting them this year, but might help next year.
Not into relying on rookies.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:17 AM
IceCapsFanNL

According to your source Clark was released to play in Europe.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:18 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Quote:
Not into relying on rookies.
Oh,

I'm sure there will be vets, hopefully with an exception or two, new ones.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Canadienjet

Quote:
According to your source Clark was released to play in Europe.
Congrats to him but we hardly played him.Don't blame him for going elsewhere.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:12 PM
IceCapsFanNL

I'd love to see Mahachek, et. al. sent down to Colorado. Sign the top 5 ECHL'ers not on contract. Can't hurt

Old
02-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'd love to see Mahachek, et. al. sent down to Colorado. Sign the top 5 ECHL'ers not on contract. Can't hurt
Has Machacek been that bad? Can't believe how far he has fallen so quickly.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:58 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
9 G. 11 A. -23

He seems to be going through the motions particularly in the defensive zone. Macenauer and Maxwell are similar IMO

Old
02-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Guy has no work ethic.I would tolerate his stats alot more if he tried.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Jet

Quote:
Guy has no work ethic.I would tolerate his stats alot more if he tried.
I think there is something wrong with him. Mono or something, it just doesn't seem like him.

Old
02-11-2013, 03:47 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I think there is something wrong with him. Mono or something, it just doesn't seem like him.
I think he's kind of having a Wheeler year...
In that he's still creating offense (he's destroying the rest of the team in SOG) but having some major hiccups in the D-zone, and then add poor %s not working his way.

(from my small sample size of viewings (nearly 100% pre-end-of-lockout + somewhat between 1/4-1/3 post-lockout-end))

Old
02-11-2013, 03:54 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Perhaps he is an expired prospect and he is starting to decompose?

Old
02-11-2013, 03:54 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I think he's kind of having a Wheeler year...
In that he's still creating offense (he's destroying the rest of the team in SOG) but having some major hiccups in the D-zone, and then add poor %s not working his way.

(from my small sample size of viewings (nearly 100% pre-end-of-lockout + somewhat between 1/4-1/3 post-lockout-end))
I see it mainly in the D zone. He seems quite passive, not scrambling to make a play. Trouty describes it as being a pylon. It's a pretty apt description

Old
02-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
You cannot send down players on NHL contracts to ECHL without their permission. As one of the leading scorers in St. John's and clearly a player who felt ripped out of his chance to play in NHL, he will never consent to that.

Quote:
Perhaps he is an expired prospect and he is starting to decompose?
While it is frustrating to see how much he is struggling, and you want to see him battle through and maintain a good attitude. But this is what happens when you don't give players their chance. People can only be nice and patient for so long. This is a guy that has done everything TWO different management staffs have told him for 4 years now, and even had his showcase and was dominant, yet he still does not get the chance he sees many other less deserving people around the league get. How would you feel if this was your livelihood? You have to remember these are people, you can only be "professional" and whatnot for so long.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:35 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
You cannot send down players on NHL contracts to ECHL without their permission. As one of the leading scorers in St. John's and clearly a player who felt ripped out of his chance to play in NHL, he will never consent to that.

While it is frustrating to see how much he is struggling, and you want to see him battle through and maintain a good attitude. But this is what happens when you don't give players their chance. People can only be nice and patient for so long. This is a guy that has done everything TWO different management staffs have told him for 4 years now, and even had his showcase and was dominant, yet he still does not get the chance he sees many other less deserving people around the league get. How would you feel if this was your livelihood? You have to remember these are people, you can only be "professional" and whatnot for so long.
Machacek clearly wasn't good enough to make the team.

Yes, he scored a bunch last year, but that was never sustainable or reflective of his talent.

I have never seen him as more that a marginal 4th liner in the NHL. It sucks for him, but it is what it is.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Machacek clearly wasn't good enough to make the team.

Yes, he scored a bunch last year, but that was never sustainable or reflective of his talent.

I have never seen him as more that a marginal 4th liner in the NHL. It sucks for him, but it is what it is.
Maybe you are right. Maybe I am right. But we'll never know since he has never gotten a real chance.

Your quick to dismiss his season last year, but he was contributing in a lot more ways than the scoresheet as well. People forget that, he was hitting, cycling, skating, decent enough job on the breakout, decent positionally, did all the little things right, and the good luck was a product of that.

You say "clearly" not good enough, I see Jets management ****ing him over for some reason I have yet to decipher. Some imagined attitude thing, IMO. Imagined being the key word.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Canadienjet

Quote:
Maybe you are right. Maybe I am right. But we'll never know since he has never gotten a real chance.

Your quick to dismiss his season last year, but he was contributing in a lot more ways than the scoresheet as well. People forget that, he was hitting, cycling, skating, decent enough job on the breakout, decent positionally, did all the little things right, and the good luck was a product of that.

You say "clearly" not good enough, I see Jets management ****ing him over for some reason I have yet to decipher. Some imagined attitude thing, IMO. Imagined being the key word.
Spencer Machacek is not an NHL player.He passed through thirty teams once. If he is as good as you say he is he would have been claimed.

He don't want to be here his play and body language show it.I'll be more then happy to see him gone.

If the Jets get offered a 7th rd pick for him I'd say take it.

Last edited by Canadienjet: 02-11-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old
02-11-2013, 05:23 PM
lanky

Machacek may feel like he got ripped off by not being invited to camp, or when the Jets claimed Wright off of waivers. But that was in January. He's had a stinker of a season since October. Maybe if he had been leading the Ice Caps like management expected then he would be on the big squad now.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:27 PM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Quote:

Lifes unfair Boo hoo ...... The Nhl is not a union workshop where seniority and good attendance guarantees you a job........The Best Players play and that is why they get paid the big bucks.....

A lot of people on this board have a love affair with Machecek and thought he should have recieved a one way contract in the off season.

A lot of people on this board last year were screaming that we did not qualify Stewart and Carolina snapped him up..... ( In hind sight I think Caroline wishes they hadnt done that)

For the record I liked Machercek.... on one of his 1st call up games I think it might have been in Boston he stood up for a teammate and just kicked somebodys a$$. It was probably the best Jets fight last year.

As to him not getting a fair shake.......thats baloney..........its called waivers.....its a mechanism in place that prevents teams from hidding NHL talent in the minor league..... Not 1 of the 30 NHL teams believed that he was better than anybody on their current roster.......

I think the best thing for all involved is to trade him for another AHL player..... a project player in the same boat ....close to the show but not quite there......two players that need a change of scenery.

Same thing for Maxwell as based on their uninspired play this year, they probably wont resign as a RFA in the offseason and will try Europe like Kulda and Festerling did when they believed they would not crack the Nhl lineup

Closed Thread