HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lewis had his Mowers. Does Claude have his Bourque?

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 04:29 PM
SerenityRick

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
I literally have no issues with Bourque. Would I like him to put more points on the board? Absolutely. I'd also like Peverley and Kelly to do the same thing.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:42 PM
GoBs

Five on three and Seguin is sitting this one out and Bourque and Peverly are on the ice. A PP would be a good opportunity to get some of hese guys going. Seguin with two goals and Bourque with one goal, who would you rather pointed in the right direction?

Old
02-11-2013, 04:59 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Five on three and Seguin is sitting this one out and Bourque and Peverly are on the ice. A PP would be a good opportunity to get some of hese guys going. Seguin with two goals and Bourque with one goal, who would you rather pointed in the right direction?
Unless I'm mistaken, Seguin had just finished a relatively long PP shift when the 2nd penalty was called. The guy's got to take a breather occasionally. There's an argument that someone other than Bourque and/or Peverley should've been out there, but I don't think having a gassed Seguin is the best option.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Quaider*
RONDO BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Bourque has been pretty good lately- just mailed in 5 Seventh Player Award cards for him. He's had a great week between the Toronto game winning goal, and setting up Bergeron for game winner last night...maybe not a reach to think he grabs one of NHL.com three stars
Set up Bergeron? He made a weak shot wide of the net that the highly-skilled Bergeron burried.

He needs to go into the corners and get his nose dirty.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:06 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by the overrated View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, Seguin had just finished a relatively long PP shift when the 2nd penalty was called. The guy's got to take a breather occasionally. There's an argument that someone other than Bourque and/or Peverley should've been out there, but I don't think having a gassed Seguin is the best option.
Bruins had just used their timeout before going on the 5 on 3. He should have been out there.

IMO, the Bruins should run with this setup on the 5 on 3:

Chara - Bergeron - Krejci

Seguin - Hamilton

Old
02-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
Set up Bergeron? He made a weak shot wide of the net that the highly-skilled Bergeron burried.

I saw someone look right down the only lane he had bounced one off the boards as he should have, maybe it's Black and Gold colored glasses and a mist of 77 in my eye but I saw a smart well executed play.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:36 PM
GloveSave1
OG TT

Bourque is certainly getting a fair shot. If he doesn't make it, pops can't say he wasn't given every chance in just about every situation.

I've been more impressed over the last 5 game stretch. He's still wasting scoring chances, and hasn't shown that goal scoring ability - but he hasn't been invisible, chipping in with hustle defensive plays, consistant effort, and isn't affraid to hit even with his small frame. That goes a ways with me.

He's getting chances, he needs to finish...that's his game. Sure, his linemates are in the same boat - but they've earned complete confidence. Bourque needs to get going in terms of production...He has no NHL body of work. He's getting a shot and then some...but that cap $,$$$,$$$ could easily upgrade his spot on this team.

It would be awesome if he could relax and find it. I'd love to use some of that cap money on Ference's spot...Andy can really be out-to-lunch sometimes...Man, our D would be rock...

Old
02-11-2013, 06:43 PM
bruinmann77

Sounds like the Bourque haters are growing smaller .

Old
02-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Quaider*
RONDO BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem13 View Post
I saw someone look right down the only lane he had bounced one off the boards as he should have, maybe it's Black and Gold colored glasses and a mist of 77 in my eye but I saw a smart well executed play.
I had a little 77 mist in my eye when he scored his goal and did the pump. The mist quickly turned back into reality when I watched him closely and realized that hes just simply not good.

Old
02-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Kovi

Quote:

I think you missed the "spirit" of DKH's post

Old
02-11-2013, 07:15 PM
remer

Quote:
I had a little 77 mist in my eye when he scored his goal and did the pump. The mist quickly turned back into reality when I watched him closely and realized that hes just simply not good.

Can't believe the blinders people have for Bourque. He has been nothing better than below average at best.
Pouliot had 32 points last year in that position last year and it wasn't good enough
Ryder had 41 points in that role two yearS ago and people were still looking for better.
We have Bourque this year and he has 2 points in the first ten games and were okay with that????
Wow! The third line has been brutal and it has a lot to do with Bourque.
Yes, we all want Ray's son to excel, but he's not that good and quit trying to fool yourselves.
Spooner would be a much better option.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:23 PM
bigcat188

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post

Can't believe the blinders people have for Bourque. He has been nothing better than below average at best.
Pouliot had 32 points last year in that position last year and it wasn't good enough
Ryder had 41 points in that role two yearS ago and people were still looking for better.
We have Bourque this year and he has 2 points in the first ten games and were okay with that????
Yes, we all want Ray's son to excel, but he's not that good and quit trying to fool yourselves.
Well said.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post

1. Ryder's 41 points is fine for a third line winger, but he wasn't being paid like a third liner.

2. Spooner has said he isn't comfortable on the wing, so that isn't an option.

I don't think Bourque's been good, by any means, but I don't think there's a better option other than Caron in the organization ready to fill that role.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:45 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
I agree.It would have made a great story,Ray's son shining in Beantown but in my opinion ,he just doesn't have it. Bourque is decent enough when we are playing against middle of the road teams but the 3rd line needs a boost if we are going to be legit Cup contenders.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:52 PM
bruinmann77

Lol I sure you guys realize that they have no one ready and Caron is not the answer either. But Bourque has played better will he be replaced yes as soon as PC makes a deal.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers

You guys make me .

You think you are pro scouts and stick to the same story like you just put your hands on the bible.

I was happy with Ryder and with Pouliot too. I am happy again with Bourque, but I will that it's PC and CJ that are the happiest. As long as Bourque doesn't show a - on the score sheet they are geniuses.

More than that you guys can go take their jobs, don't tell the rest of us we are wearing whatever color of glasses.

I for one didn't think Bourque would be on the team, his signing was for the AHL.

When I watch a boxing match with 2 boxers I don't know, it is almost 100% I end up liking the underdog. Go figure!

Old
02-11-2013, 10:17 PM
scaulen

Weird coincidence that the only time the B's didn't get a point was when Bourque sat out?

Old
02-11-2013, 10:43 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post

You guys make me .

You think you are pro scouts and stick to the same story like you just put your hands on the bible.

I was happy with Ryder and with Pouliot too. I am happy again with Bourque, but I will that it's PC and CJ that are the happiest. As long as Bourque doesn't show a - on the score sheet they are geniuses.

More than that you guys can go take their jobs, don't tell the rest of us we are wearing whatever color of glasses.

I for one didn't think Bourque would be on the team, his signing was for the AHL.

When I watch a boxing match with 2 boxers I don't know, it is almost 100% I end up liking the underdog. Go figure!
I think I got drunk too just by reading this.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulen View Post
Weird coincidence that the only time the B's didn't get a point was when Bourque sat out?
No coincidence at all.
The guys saw that Bourque had the night off so the defence got a little jealous and thought they would take a night off too.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:39 AM
WhiteMandingo
Pancreas Dont Work

I think most Bruins fans want Chris Bourque to succeed because its Rays boy. I would love it if he could put up Pouliots numbers. I was very patient with Pouliot because he showed he had some skill and had good size and went to dirty areas. Bourque doesn't have those skills or grit but I am willing to give him a chance, but the people who say he looks lost or that he makes bonehead plays are right. Lets see if he can turn it around.

Old
02-12-2013, 05:08 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post
1. Ryder's 41 points is fine for a third line winger, but he wasn't being paid like a third liner.

2. Spooner has said he isn't comfortable on the wing, so that isn't an option.

I don't think Bourque's been good, by any means, but I don't think there's a better option other than Caron in the organization ready to fill that role.
Yea Ryder may have been overpaid (he took a .5 mil pay cut under an inflated cap) but they didn't use his money! Its not like they took a pass on Ryder to get a top 6 winger and needed Bourque or Pouliot there for cap relief. They just didn't use the friggin money which to me is frustrating for a team that needs its 3rd line producing to win,.

Like I said before, this has been a problem going on 2 seasons. Yea this team is 8-1-1 but they also started hot in years prior to the cup and in the end their deficiencies led to their demise.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:45 AM
remer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Yea Ryder may have been overpaid (he took a .5 mil pay cut under an inflated cap) but they didn't use his money! Its not like they took a pass on Ryder to get a top 6 winger and needed Bourque or Pouliot there for cap relief. They just didn't use the friggin money which to me is frustrating for a team that needs its 3rd line producing to win,.

Like I said before, this has been a problem going on 2 seasons. Yea this team is 8-1-1 but they also started hot in years prior to the cup and in the end their deficiencies led to their demise.
Good point!

Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers

You guys make me .

But he is a -3????? Only Peverely is worst at -4. Did you miss something????

Old
02-12-2013, 06:50 AM
ODAAT

Love the effort but I`ll stand by my feelings from the beginning, I would feel a heckuva lot more comfortable with that third line having a big body who can win more puck battles. Bourque is busting his tail, and engages which I really love watching, but I still want a guy who can go into those corners, and come out with the puck and as hard as he tries, Bourque isn`t able to do this as much as I`d like through no fault of his own.

But....we`ve sure seen worse

Old
02-12-2013, 07:06 AM
bme44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Love the effort but I`ll stand by my feelings from the beginning, I would feel a heckuva lot more comfortable with that third line having a big body who can win more puck battles. Bourque is busting his tail, and engages which I really love watching, but I still want a guy who can go into those corners, and come out with the puck and as hard as he tries, Bourque isn`t able to do this as much as I`d like through no fault of his own.

But....we`ve sure seen worse
Not everyone here will agree with this, but the big body that needs to stay healthy is Caron. I still think he could be a good winger for that line,and I think managment does aswell but injuries are preventing that.

Last edited by bme44: 02-12-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old
02-12-2013, 07:14 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bme44 View Post
Not everyone here will agree with this, but the big body that needs to stay healthy is Caron. I still think he could be a good winger for that line,and I think managment does awell but injuries are preventing that.
No arguement from me. I have read a ton from fans talking about his seemingly lack of effort in Providence and I can`t comment about it, haven`t seen him play. I judge merely on his time with the big boys and while his play irks many (IMO because he was a 1st round pick and they expect more) I have loved it for it`s simplicity.

What he does, in the very least, is give his linemates a chance at puck possession as he is solid on the boards. He does alot of little things well and I think we saw how much CJ recognized that last year by putting him out there in situations where a responsible player was/is required.

Man do I wish the kid was a 2nd rounder, how many conversations about him include the phrase "former first round pick"? Too many, and as I have been guilty of it myself in the past, I think many are guilty of it here, they use that draft position as a baromoter for what they expect.

Again, many here have watched him in the AHL and have reported terribly underwhelming opinions about his effort and lack of interest he`s shown but....when he puts on the spoked B, I`ve had little issues with his play, and THAT, IMO, is what Chia and CJ care about

Closed Thread