HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we need a heavyweight enforcer...

View Poll Results: Should the Habs claim Darcy Hordichuk on waivers?
Yes 21 33.87%
No 41 66.13%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
I was looking at Stortini and he's a real nutshell. Might not be a good fighter/player but he could damn be a bigger White, wich in my mind is not worse than Armstrong.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:23 PM
lampshade*

The best possible choice for any team looking for a deterrent is McIntyre and its not even really close. He's not a great player no hw fighter really is but if he's sheltered with 2 other defensively responsible people on the fourth line, it would be ideal. As for fighting, McIntyre is without question the most feared in the league, would be scary to see him mad. Trevor Gilles is avail also, think he's playing in some league is Saskatchewan.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:26 PM
lampshade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
go watch Ahl, Bordeleau have showed enough to be on the same class as mcgrattan,orr,big mac....
When you get to the NHL you start from the bottom and work your way up kido. You don't start at the top. Quite simple to understand.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:30 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
When you get to the NHL you start from the bottom and work your way up kido. You don't start at the top. Quite simple to understand.
tough guy in the ahl are as tough and probably more. PL3, Big mac, wrecker, Bordeleau, are easy top10 in the nhl. And Bordeleau have fighted Orr and got a win. Enforcer make their name in the Ahl. Nhl is a reward for them.

and Gillies is in the khl no?

Last edited by bud12: 02-11-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old
02-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
The best possible choice for any team looking for a deterrent is McIntyre and its not even really close. He's not a great player no hw fighter really is but if he's sheltered with 2 other defensively responsible people on the fourth line, it would be ideal. As for fighting, McIntyre is without question the most feared in the league, would be scary to see him mad. Trevor Gilles is avail also, think he's playing in some league is Saskatchewan.
Gillies is playing in the KHL.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Rick16

I didn't know MacIntyre, now after seeing this video, I really want him.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:37 PM
lampshade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
tough guy in the ahl are as tough and probably more. PL3, Big mac, wrecker, Bordeleau, are easy top10 in the nhl. And Bordeleau have fighted Orr and got a win. Enforcer make their name in the Ahl. Nhl is a reward for them.

and Gillies is in the khl no?
Many tough guys have come up from the a, many have not made it in the NHL. I know Bordeleau is a great fighter but one you get to the NHL you prove yourself. Guys like Orr and Thornton have proved their worth in the NHL with 375+ games played. It's a little early (10 games in to be touting Bordeleau) as the next coming. Time will tell. I'm quite sure Gillis is no longer in the khl, he's in some bush league now, hate to be the dude to set him off.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:41 PM
CN_paladin

Yes Mac is a pure monster:

Old
02-11-2013, 05:43 PM
TennisMenace

Is mac a free agent? Available?

Old
02-11-2013, 05:49 PM
PsychoticHab

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
He is in the Pens organization but I can't imagine the asking price would be too high.

I wonder how much it would take to get "The Hand of God" to come out of retirement.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:49 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
He was on waivers and wasn't claimed if i remember well.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:56 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
What is the best way to vent to Bergevin?

Old
02-11-2013, 06:07 PM
icerocket

Guys Habs don't need a heavyweight enforcer. We want another soft skill player that will get killed by a goon! Remember?

Old
02-11-2013, 06:08 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Guys Habs don't need a heavyweight enforcer. We want another soft skill player that will get killed by a goon! Remember?
Midly skilled.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:10 PM
lampshade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
He cleared waivers near start of the season. Downside to Big Mac is hes not angry. Hes repectful like Laraque, however not many will go toe to toe with Mac.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
He cleared waivers near start of the season. Downside to Big Mac is hes not angry. Hes repectful like Laraque, however not many will go toe to toe with Mac.
You clearly didnt watch the video just above

Old
02-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Rick16

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Yeah we should get Nathan Gerbe!!!

Old
02-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
Explain how if White had been playing vs the Leafs he would have been on the ice with the Plekanec line.
I'll just say this...when the Leafs DRESS 4-5 nobody GOONS (can't play hockey)...we have to at least dress White (and not just Prust).
Self explanatory.
(White and Prust is all we have right now since Moen and Armstrong are letting White and Prust take over the policemen jobs).

Prevented Pleks from almost being kneed?, prevented this or that...I don't have a crystal ball (you don't either), but I know this...we don't have 4-5 goons like the Bruins and Leafs have...so you don't ****ing sit White during this kind of game where so many GOONS are dressed. What are we? The Montreal Ghandis? I'm actually a pacifist...so I respect Ghandi's historical/incredible legacy, but this is hockey...and as long as the other team is dressing 4-5 goons...we have no choice but to dress what we have for some protection (White, Prust, Moen-still-there?, Armstrong-retired?), OR...no team has goons (is the other option). I'm not going to sit here while Pleks and Gorges get injured by nobody GOONS. White may have prevented this or that...maybe not, but you dress him, mother ****ing period.

It was Prust VS 4-5 Goons.
The Leafs won because they played hockey...we were asleep and didn't show up, and then Prust started bullying everyone. As a result of this bullying... I beleive the Leafs decided to give some back and they had many goons to do it.
Leaf goons can't play hockey for their lives (Bruin goons can...some of them), so don't tell me they were dressed for hockey. Imo, if Prust didn't bully some Leaf players...there would be no mess in the end (imo). But you still dress White for a game like that...in case.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:24 PM
ClasslessGuy

Mac is a lefty?

Old
02-11-2013, 06:28 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
I'll just say this...when the Leafs DRESS 4-5 nobody GOONS (can't play hockey)...we have to at least dress White (and not just Prust).
Self explanatory.
(White and Prust is all we have right now since Moen and Armstrong are letting White and Prust take over the policemen jobs).

Prevented Pleks from almost being kneed?, prevented this or that...I don't have a crystal ball (you don't either), but I know this...we don't have 4-5 goons like the Bruins and Leafs have...so you don't ****ing sit White during this kind of game where so many GOONS are dressed. What are we? The Montreal Ghandis? I'm actually a pacifist...so I respect Ghandi's historical/incredible legacy, but this is hockey...and as long as the other team is dressing 4-5 goons...we have no choice but to dress what we have for some protection (White, Prust, Moen-still-there?, Armstrong-retired?), OR...no team has goons (is the other option). I'm not going to sit here while Pleks and Gorges get injured by nobody GOONS. White may have prevented this or that...maybe not, but you dress him, mother ****ing period.

It was Prust VS 4-5 Goons.
The Leafs won because they played hockey...we were asleep and didn't show up, and then Prust started bullying everyone. As a result of this bullying... I beleive the Leafs decided to give some back and they had many goons to do it.
Leaf goons can't play hockey for their lives (Bruin goons can...some of them), so don't tell me they were dressed for hockey. Imo, if Prust didn't bully some Leaf players...there would be no mess in the end (imo). But you still dress White for a game like that...in case.
Prust went after Komarov because Komarov was running everyone. You suggest he goes quiet and lets this go, when he was brought in a team that took the resolution of being harder to play against? Even knowing he was brought in especially to make sure opponents don't take liberties on us? Smart thinking. Sure is a real winner attitude to have out there.

If sissy Moen was willing to engage physically and actually involve himself in the play, it would already be much better. If we had an heavyweight, it would be even better.

But hey. shh... shh... let's let the opponent run us over... don't wanna wake up their tough guys.

How can a team have any self-respect and win anything with such an attitude?

Old
02-11-2013, 06:29 PM
CN_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Mac is a lefty?
What made Laraque a good fighter was that he could throw lefties just as well as righties.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:34 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
What made Laraque a good fighter was that he could throw lefties just as well as righties.
His left might have been the most feared punch in the history of the NHL.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
Explain how if White had been playing vs the Leafs he would have been on the ice with the Plekanec line.
I'll make this quick.

Leafs dress 5 nobody GOONS (that can't play hockey).
You have no choice but to at least dress White.
Mother-****ing period.
(you can't let Prust do everything...Moen and Armstrong aren't in the policeman business anymore).

Would White have prevented an injury to Pleks or an injury to Gorges...none of us have a crystal ball but you have to dress White against the Leafs. Period.

Imo, it could at least minimize the chances of a Pleks or Gorges from getting injured by a nobody GOON.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
I'll make this quick.

Mother-****ing period.
(you can't let Prust do everything...Moen and Armstrong aren't in the policeman business anymore).

Would White have prevented an injury to Pleks or an injury to Gorges...none of us have a crystal ball but you have to dress White against the Leafs. Period.

Imo, it could at least minimize the chances of a Pleks or Gorges from getting injured by a nobody GOON.
You just said the same thing three post ahead.. Whats up?

Old
02-11-2013, 06:54 PM
CN_paladin

Quote:
I'll make this quick.

Mother-****ing period.

I am sure MT was planning on dressing White before the latter went ape-**** on Ott.

Closed Thread