HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Kalamazoo Wings Thread IV (All Affiliate talk here)

Old
02-04-2013, 08:00 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
It's a far cry from when we'd see a defenseman go down and know that the next plane from Syracuse was going to have either Aaron Johnson or Derrick Walser on it.
This is absolutely correct, and I think this is the reason Scott Howson is being given one more chance - with a solid support group around him.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96

JAM talks about his first NHL experience.

Last edited by Fel 96: 02-07-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Hockeygirl2748

So, the Falcons game scheduled for last night was pp'd due to the snow. Good move, as we have more than 2' here now.

A couple of transactions this week. Chris Collins was released and the defenseman Mike Banwell was signed to a PTO. We had to sign a defensemen as the Falcons would have been 1 below the AHL minimum to play in a game.

Bryan Helmer is injured, no news on what the injury is.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
So, the Falcons game scheduled for last night was pp'd due to the snow. Good move, as we have more than 2' here now.

A couple of transactions this week. Chris Collins was released and the defenseman Mike Banwell was signed to a PTO. We had to sign a defensemen as the Falcons would have been 1 below the AHL minimum to play in a game.

Bryan Helmer is injured, no news on what the injury is.
Savard was sent down today and I'm guessing you'll see Erixon and/or Goulobef within the next week. I think CBJ keeps Holden up on the roster to not expose him to waivers.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Savard was sent down today and I'm guessing you'll see Erixon and/or Goulobef within the next week. I think CBJ keeps Holden up on the roster to not expose him to waivers.
Happy for Holden. Great guy on and off the ice. I am VERY unhappy about Savard. He's horrid. If he cared, he would be a good player. Conditioning is an issue as well. Can you send us a puck bag instead of Savard?

Hockeygirl2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

can someone give me their thoughts/analysis on Mike Banwell? he's my friends brother and it'd be cool to know whether he has a shot to be called up at some point!

Midas0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 03:38 AM
InjuredChoker

RyJo with a goal, good to see.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:37 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Silfverberg View Post
can someone give me their thoughts/analysis on Mike Banwell? he's my friends brother and it'd be cool to know whether he has a shot to be called up at some point!
He isn't on an NHL contract

candyman82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:59 PM
stickguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I think CBJ keeps Holden up on the roster to not expose him to waivers.
I would expect Holden to be back soon. He has only played 2 out of 4 games even though he was +2 in 9 minutes of ice time against Calgary. Go figure... I know I have quit trying to understand that Columbus organization!

stickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 07:01 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickguy View Post
I would expect Holden to be back soon. He has only played 2 out of 4 games even though he was +2 in 9 minutes of ice time against Calgary. Go figure... I know I have quit trying to understand that Columbus organization!
They like Goloubef's right handed shot. Thats the only reason he plays over Holden. When Aucoin is back Golo goes down.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:34 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Are callups supposed to play every game?

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:40 PM
slightlystewpid420

Goulobef has been looking like his belongs in Columbus. Man I would hate to be the one making cuts next year...

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 04:25 AM
alphafox

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Goulobef has been looking like his belongs in Columbus. Man I would hate to be the one making cuts next year...
Agreed, Goulobef has looked solid and Erixon has some of the best offensive instincts on the team already. (He's had a few awesome passes that were the primary assists on goals). With Moore returning from injury soon the blueline is looking awful crowded, and that isn't even considering Ryan Murray for next year. I really would be shocked if at least one of the D-men isn't moved at or before the trade deadline for draft assets. The price is rumored (as always) to be ridiculously high for defensemen and if we could get a first for say Nikitin I don't see any way we don't make the move.

alphafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:10 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Agreed, Goulobef has looked solid and Erixon has some of the best offensive instincts on the team already. (He's had a few awesome passes that were the primary assists on goals). With Moore returning from injury soon the blueline is looking awful crowded, and that isn't even considering Ryan Murray for next year. I really would be shocked if at least one of the D-men isn't moved at or before the trade deadline for draft assets. The price is rumored (as always) to be ridiculously high for defensemen and if we could get a first for say Nikitin I don't see any way we don't make the move.
He's still a few years away but don't forget about Reilly! And I really don't see them being moved before the deadline. Maybe at the deadline but not before, we would have been screwed without the depth there

Old
02-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

I haven't really noticed Goulobef much. That is a very good thing when talking about stay-at-home D-men.

On the other hand, I noticed Wiz twice on Sunday, and neither time was good, in fact they were very bad.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:22 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
I haven't really noticed Goulobef much. That is a very good thing when talking about stay-at-home D-men.

On the other hand, I noticed Wiz twice on Sunday, and neither time was good, in fact they were very bad.
Wiz and Tyutin I always see, but they're our top offensive players so. Still they need to improve on breakouts. I think that's where Murray will be huge. Letting him skate it out, or make the pass out of the zone, he skates as good as Johnson which says a lot and has even better vision.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
He's still a few years away but don't forget about Reilly!
More than "a few".

Much closer to "several".

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:53 PM
stickguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
They like Goloubef's right handed shot. Thats the only reason he plays over Holden. When Aucoin is back Golo goes down.
Holden heading back to Springfield. He is called up before Golo but doesn't get any decent minutes in Columbus to show what he can do. He ends up +1 in 2 games they are outscored 8-6. Glad to have him back with the Falcons but I don't get why they don't give him real opportunity with the big club.

Old
02-12-2013, 04:17 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Holden heading back to Springfield. He is called up before Golo but doesn't get any decent minutes in Columbus to show what he can do. He ends up +1 in 2 games they are outscored 8-6. Glad to have him back with the Falcons but I don't get why they don't give him real opportunity with the big club.
Maybe it's the right handed shot. Maybe they wanted to see the other guy more. Who knows. I wouldn't get too hung up on the +2 you keep mentioning. It's a fine stat, but he doesn't win the NHL because of it. His situations and minutes were limited to protect him to say the least. He'll get his chance when he's ready for it. I suspect the draft picks will always get better looks than him until some major shuffling is done.

This isn't squirt where kids need to all get the same number of shifts. I imagine if Nikitin had been out longer, he may have gotten more of a look.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 04:27 PM
stickguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Maybe it's the right handed shot. Maybe they wanted to see the other guy more. Who knows. I wouldn't get too hung up on the +2 you keep mentioning. It's a fine stat, but he doesn't win the NHL because of it. His situations and minutes were limited to protect him to say the least. He'll get his chance when he's ready for it. I suspect the draft picks will always get better looks than him until some major shuffling is done.

This isn't squirt where kids need to all get the same number of shifts. I imagine if Nikitin had been out longer, he may have gotten more of a look.
I am trying to understand why they would call him up before Golo if they needed to "protect" him? He had played a few games already in the NHL so its not like it was completely new to him. Obviously Springfield coaches thought he was more ready then Golo otherwise he wouldn't have been called up first.

Old
02-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
I am trying to understand why they would call him up before Golo if they needed to "protect" him? He had played a few games already in the NHL so its not like it was completely new to him. Obviously Springfield coaches thought he was more ready then Golo otherwise he wouldn't have been called up first.
Possibly the timing of the Moore injury. He may have been intended to be the 7th all along, then Moore goes down.

Hard to know.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Or Cody has been just flat out better? Bc ya know, he kind of has been.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 06:52 PM
stickguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Or Cody has been just flat out better? Bc ya know, he kind of has been.
I wouldn't say he was better, but he did have more ice-time to do something. In fact, you could argue he did less in twice as much ice time in the 2 games they both played. Cody had 2 more blocked shots then Holden, but had less hits and a worse plus/minus. In the AHL games played, Cody has less points per game average and again a worse plus/minus. Not exactly flat out better, but I have noticed people on these boards seem to ignore stats. Anyways, as a Falcons fan I am happy Holden is back as he will do more to help this team win then Golo.

Last edited by stickguy: 02-12-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old
02-12-2013, 08:47 PM
stickguy

great comeback from the Falcons tonight in the 3rd to at least earn a point in a 4-3 overtime loss. Recent Blue Jacket player stats tonight:
Johansen 2 points +1 rating
Holden 0 points +2 rating
JAM 0 points +1 rating
Savard 0 points -1 rating

Old
02-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
I wouldn't say he was better, but he did have more ice-time to do something. In fact, you could argue he did less in twice as much ice time in the 2 games they both played. Cody had 2 more blocked shots then Holden, but had less hits and a worse plus/minus. In the AHL games played, Cody has less points per game average and again a worse plus/minus. Not exactly flat out better, but I have noticed people on these boards seem to ignore stats. Anyways, as a Falcons fan I am happy Holden is back as he will do more to help this team win then Golo.
You kind of missed the point. He's gotten more ice time because he was better throughout the games. Funny, as much as you think people are ignoring stats, I think you are putting too much emphasis on them. Golouebef by his latest game was great in his own zone. Probably all they wanted from him, that's why hes playing over Holden.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote