HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
He's awesome, what more do you need to know?

In all seriousness though, JT miller scored two goals tonight. He's a former teammate of Noeson and IMO Noesen is pretty much a better player in almost all facets of the game. Plymouth is producing an outrageous number of great prospects right now and Noesen might be the best of them all. The comparisons to Dustin Brown and Ryan Callahan are spot on. He might not be a 30-30 guy but he'll play that gritty north-south game and give us 20-20 in the future IMO, probably from the 3rd line if need be.
Well we are missing a Ryan Callahan/ Dustin Brown type player from our roster, so if Noesen can become one that would be awesome.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:58 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Noesen is one of my fav prospects. Underrated and he plays the type of game that wins you games almost every night. He will only make this team better.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Icelevel
Best Players Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Noesen is one of my fav prospects. Underrated and he plays the type of game that wins you games almost every night. He will only make this team better.
i haven't seen much of him this yr. I noticed his numbers are kind of regressing from last yr though and is one of the only minus players on the team. anything relevant there?

Old
02-08-2013, 05:39 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
He's awesome, what more do you need to know?

In all seriousness though, JT miller scored two goals tonight. He's a former teammate of Noeson and IMO Noesen is pretty much a better player in almost all facets of the game. Plymouth is producing an outrageous number of great prospects right now and Noesen might be the best of them all. The comparisons to Dustin Brown and Ryan Callahan are spot on. He might not be a 30-30 guy but he'll play that gritty north-south game and give us 20-20 in the future IMO, probably from the 3rd line if need be.
Matthew Mistele, 16 year old watch out for him.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Haven't watched a lot of Noesen this year (just a couple clips) but I have my doubts about a guy that can't even put up a PPG pace in the OHL 2 years after being drafted.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:04 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Haven't watched a lot of Noesen this year (just a couple clips) but I have my doubts about a guy that can't even put up a PPG pace in the OHL 2 years after being drafted.
It's not all about pts. If the guy is a good two way player that can also put up a decent amount of pts that's good too. Spreading out the scoring with a lot of guys who can put up pts is just as good if not better than just having a couple of guys who put up a lot of pts themselves. Scoring by committee is just as good if not better for team harmony when everyone contributes. It's the way the Bingo Sens & Ottawa Sens seem to be successful this yr & it's working. Spezza has put up a PPG most of his career & has never won anything.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
It's not all about pts. If the guy is a good two way player that can also put up a decent amount of pts that's good too. Spreading out the scoring with a lot of guys who can put up pts is just as good if not better than just having a couple of guys who put up a lot of pts themselves. Scoring by committee is just as good if not better for team harmony when everyone contributes. It's the way the Bingo Sens & Ottawa Sens seem to be successful this yr & it's working. Spezza has put up a PPG most of his career & has never won anything.
Why do people put so much stock on one player winning "anything". One player does not make a team. He hasn't won anything because he's never been on a team that is good enough to win something. He is just a piece of the puzzle. The one year where they were a good enough team to possibly win the cup there was a lockout.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:32 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Why do people put so much stock on one player winning "anything". One player does not make a team. He hasn't won anything because he's never been on a team that is good enough to win something. He is just a piece of the puzzle. The one year where they were a good enough team to possibly win the cup there was a lockout.
First line centre, and part of a dominant trio, for a team that made the cup finals. I wouldn't say he's never done anything in his career. It's not the ultimate prize, but there was a trophy and a banner.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:09 AM
kdb527

Quote:
He was just fine prior to the suspension. I Watch a lot of the whalers games. It is interesting how Vellucci has used Noesen this year. He has moved him around a lot. Moved him from down low on the PP where is was great the last 2 years to the point and has used him mostly as a checking forward against the other teams 1st line. His scoring chances seem to be down. He also has had a lot bad luck since coming back, but continues to work hard and create a lot of opportunities. He did have a high ankle issue earlier in the year and at times looks like that still may be an issue. just speculation...

Old
02-09-2013, 10:22 AM
sg58

Quote:
Yeah, only stupid people think that winning equals good player. One might argue that some players are more suited to the "playoff style" or what-not, but the out-of-context cups=talent is ridiculous.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
You do know that regression as an OHL producer does not mean regression as an NHL prospect, right?

Old
02-09-2013, 10:49 PM
kdb527

Noesen helped off the ice in the second with an ankle or a knee injury.

Old
02-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Icelevel
Best Players Play

Mika Zibanejad's day off

Quote:
Day off today, so I thought I would give you guys a chance to ask questions and I will try to answer most of them! Look in again at 1pm!
4:46 p.m. Sun, Feb 10
https://mobile.twitter.com/MikaZiban...2445301761?p=v

@MikaZibanejad who's your roommate on the Sens
4:51 p.m. Sun, Feb 10

Mika Zibanejad @MikaZibanejad 1h
@GFins31 Last year it was Rundblad. But this year I've only been on one road trip and that time it was Mark Borowiecki!
View conversation ·

Old
02-11-2013, 02:12 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Dzingel had a goal and assist in a game this weekend in Alaska. 30 games 28 points on a pretty mediocre team. Has 5 more goals than their next leading goal scorer (McCormick) and 5 more points than the next leader in that category.

Pretty solid improvement in his sophomore season after an honorable mention for all-rookie CCHA team.

He's a guy to keep an eye on in the next couple years in college. Kids got some wheels and surprising puck handling. Guys who play his style have had a lot of success in US college hockey. He could have a career trajectory of a Condra.

Last edited by FolignoQuantumLeap: 02-11-2013 at 01:39 PM. Reason: I amazing
Old
02-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Ouroboros

Dzingel also wears the C on a rotating basis, which is pretty rare for an underclassman.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:20 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Why are teams always looking for guys with rings? They bring a winning attitude to a team, they bring the experience of having "done it" & know what it takes to win it all & they can help share their winning experiences with the young guys to let them know what they need to do to improve to get there.

But I also agree one guy a team does not make, it takes all 20 guys rowing together in the same direction. It takes a combination of players with different attributes fitting together & working together for a common goal. Guys with rings having been there help to bring that winning tradition & what it takes to win to guys who haven't won it all.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:33 PM
ChiassonTale

Quote:
He had a 1.13 PPG in his draft year and 1.30 PPG the year after. In an injury and suspension plagued season he is now just below a PPG (with a relatively small sample size). He is obviously incapable of producing in the OHL.

I see no flaw in logic associated with dismissing him as a viable NHL prospect.

Old
02-11-2013, 05:59 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Why are teams always looking for guys with rings? They bring a winning attitude to a team, they bring the experience of having "done it" & know what it takes to win it all & they can help share their winning experiences with the young guys to let them know what they need to do to improve to get there.

But I also agree one guy a team does not make, it takes all 20 guys rowing together in the same direction. It takes a combination of players with different attributes fitting together & working together for a common goal. Guys with rings having been there help to bring that winning tradition & what it takes to win to guys who haven't won it all.
Getting a ring makes you a winner; it doesn't take a "winner", whatever the hell that is, to get a ring.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:08 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Getting a ring makes you a winner; it doesn't take a "winner", whatever the hell that is, to get a ring.
I guess you are going to make the case for that one guy who was in the minors all yr & finally got called up because of injury, plays one game & gets a ring because of it?

My point is directed to the guys who played all yr & in every game including during the playoffs & were considered a part of the team from the beginning of the season. Yes, those guys I consider winners when they win a ring & those are the guys that other teams covet, Reger, Foote, Toews, Getzlaf etc....

Once again everything has to be completely spelled out for the kids who can't seem to put it together for themselves & seem to somehow always come up with the extreme examples as counter arguements. Richards is considered a winner, he just seems to win at every level he plays, so does Pronger, Toews & Crosby & Neidemyer. They all make other players better & help teams to win it all. Does that help?

Old
02-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
I guess you are going to make the case for that one guy who was in the minors all yr & finally got called up because of injury, plays one game & gets a ring because of it?

My point is directed to the guys who played all yr & in every game including during the playoffs & were considered a part of the team from the beginning of the season. Yes, those guys I consider winners when they win a ring & those are the guys that other teams covet, Reger, Foote, Toews, Getzlaf etc....

Once again everything has to be completely spelled out for the kids who can't seem to put it together for themselves & seem to somehow always come up with the extreme examples as counter arguements. Richards is considered a winner, he just seems to win at every level he plays, so does Pronger, Toews & Crosby & Neidemyer. They all make other players better & help teams to win it all. Does that help?
Pronger, like Hull, was known for most of his career as a player you couldn't win with, but don't let that get in the way of your storyline...

Old
02-12-2013, 09:32 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
Pronger, like Hull, was known for most of his career as a player you couldn't win with, but don't let that get in the way of your storyline...
I've never heard that before, ever, I've always heard the opposite.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:11 AM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silfverberger View Post
He had a 1.13 PPG in his draft year and 1.30 PPG the year after. In an injury and suspension plagued season he is now just below a PPG (with a relatively small sample size). He is obviously incapable of producing in the OHL.

I see no flaw in logic associated with dismissing him as a viable NHL prospect.
Playing devil's advocate, clearly he has not gone in the direction expected offensively. Is the reason unrelated to his development (ie system, injury) we do not know, but if Sens management doesn't know why, then that is a bad sign.

Was the invitation to the main camp to motivate or evaluate?

Old
02-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Proust

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post
Playing devil's advocate, clearly he has not gone in the direction expected offensively. Is the reason unrelated to his development (ie system, injury) we do not know, but if Sens management doesn't know why, then that is a bad sign.

Was the invitation to the main camp to motivate or evaluate?
Sorry, you're not doing it right:

Statistics showing achievement are to be used to over-sell the potential of prospects.

Statistics showing under-achievement are to be dismissed using a grab-bag* of excuses.

Injuries
Line-mates
Coaching
Increased focus on other parts of his game
Death of pet
Boredom

Old
02-13-2013, 12:13 AM
Icelevel
Best Players Play

Anyone know why noesen missed last game?

Old
02-13-2013, 12:21 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
Anyone know why noesen missed last game?
I believe he left the ice with assistance last game. Bad ankle, he's had that high ankle sprain earlier this season.

Closed Thread