HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

When Dion Jumped Brayden

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2012, 08:44 PM
  #126
hotpaws
Registered User
 
hotpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,495
vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
My point is that "class" and "leadership" aren't two mythically linked things as you would purport them to be. No shortage of captains who were far from classy. Why hold Dion to a standard most everyone else isn't held to?
I hold Dion to the standard of past Leaf Captains . If Dion wants to lead and have the respect of his teamates , he can't be pulling this type of punk move .

If you like this type of crap then don't be upset when players like Kessel get targeted by other teams .

hotpaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:13 PM
  #127
anderson3133
Registered User
 
anderson3133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
I hold Dion to the standard of past Leaf Captains . If Dion wants to lead and have the respect of his teamates , he can't be pulling this type of punk move .

If you like this type of crap then don't be upset when players like Kessel get targeted by other teams .
He didn't target Schenn because he is skilled, he targeted him for his actions. He is also not the first player to go after him in his rookie season, don't you find that peculiar?

anderson3133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:22 PM
  #128
hotpaws
Registered User
 
hotpaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,495
vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson3133 View Post
He didn't target Schenn because he is skilled, he targeted him for his actions. He is also not the first player to go after him in his rookie season, don't you find that peculiar?
What actions . Dion played him well along the wall then he continued with a cross check and then while Schenn was digging for the puck to get his hat trick Dion jumped him .

You can spin it any way you want but if the play was reversed you'd be on here crying how it was a punk move .


Last edited by hotpaws: 04-01-2012 at 09:39 PM.
hotpaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:25 PM
  #129
diceman934
Registered User
 
diceman934's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NHL player factory
Posts: 5,729
vCash: 500
The issue is that Dion does not have the respect of his team mates....

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:27 PM
  #130
Heis3nberg
Registered User
 
Heis3nberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
After Schenn's cross check on Crosby in today's game, the kid is asking for it. Didn't think he was that type of player.

Heis3nberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:38 PM
  #131
anderson3133
Registered User
 
anderson3133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
What actions . Dion played him well and along the wall then he continued with a cross check and then while Schenn was going was digging for the puck to get his hat trick Dion jumped him .

You can spin it any way you want but if the play was reverrsed you'd be on here crying how it was a punk move .
I really wouldn't. I just find it hard to believe that you can't comprehend the difference between jumping a skilled player who minds their own business and someone who is skilled and asking for it.

anderson3133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:40 PM
  #132
Funk Volume
Independent Living
 
Funk Volume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Welland, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heis3nberg View Post
After Schenn's cross check on Crosby in today's game, the kid is asking for it. Didn't think he was that type of player.
Agreed. Didn't know he had that agitator side to him, but if he does **** like what he did to Crosby there, he'll be a real good one. Probably get his lights punched out, but thats what they do.

Funk Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:43 PM
  #133
LeafsGuru93
me & Dave Ellett
 
LeafsGuru93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TORONTO
Country: Greece
Posts: 5,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heis3nberg View Post
After Schenn's cross check on Crosby in today's game, the kid is asking for it. Didn't think he was that type of player.
He does play with Heartnell & all the other goons on philly, what do you expect?

__________________
It's not how they died that made them heroes, it's how they lived, putting others safety 1st, each & every day. Thanks Toronto police for keeping us safe. -RIP Sgt. Ryan Russell, Const. Garrett Styles.
LeafsGuru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:53 PM
  #134
NaiveLeafsFan
Registered User
 
NaiveLeafsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ajax, UofT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeywiz542 View Post
[Citation needed] Typical Simmons.

I don't care if Dion jumps Schenners boyfriend in the next game. It's a game and the Schenns aren't brothers on the ice, they're opponents.

NaiveLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:56 PM
  #135
binop7
Registered User
 
binop7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ball Hockey View Post
Agreed. Didn't know he had that agitator side to him, but if he does **** like what he did to Crosby there, he'll be a real good one. Probably get his lights punched out, but thats what they do.
Already has. Kovy cleaned his clock for some **** Rinaldo started. The Philly team is full of *****es.

binop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:15 PM
  #136
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY
 
BillyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,554
vCash: 500
just BUMPING this from last year because one part of the theory has come true... Luke has been traded .... and it will be interesting to see if further evidence emerges to support this theory i.e. Luke squares off with Dion tonight!

As much as I love this Leafs team and as much as I am liking JVR as a return for Schenn, I have always liked Luke and if he fights Dion at a non critical point of the game I'd love to see Luke kick his ass (within reason, as in no significant injury to Dion)

BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:20 PM
  #137
GardinerExpress
Registered User
 
GardinerExpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hell
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
no...

GardinerExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:22 PM
  #138
Jerkini
Registered User
 
Jerkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
I don't think Dion fights L. Schenn tonight. It would just prove the rumours true.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:23 PM
  #139
Didact
Nonis lost his mind
 
Didact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
I don't think Dion fights L. Schenn tonight. It would just prove the rumours true.
if Brayden or Luke are running our guys over, then all bets are off.

Didact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:25 PM
  #140
Jerkini
Registered User
 
Jerkini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didact View Post
if Brayden or Luke are running our guys over, then all bets are off.
Well if I was Dion, I'd just run their guys over as well. Which I expect him to do regardless.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:26 PM
  #141
Eb
TML
 
Eb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,490
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
just BUMPING this from last year because one part of the theory has come true... Luke has been traded .... and it will be interesting to see if further evidence emerges to support this theory i.e. Luke squares off with Dion tonight!

As much as I love this Leafs team and as much as I am liking JVR as a return for Schenn, I have always liked Luke and if he fights Dion at a non critical point of the game I'd love to see Luke kick his ass (within reason, as in no significant injury to Dion)
Lol those left forearms to Dion face will really hurt. One of the many things Luke was bad at included fighting

Eb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:27 PM
  #142
Didact
Nonis lost his mind
 
Didact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Well if I was Dion, I'd just run their guys over as well. Which I expect him to do regardless.
I mean being an a** all game, dirty hits, trying to injure (hurt) our guys.

Didact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:28 PM
  #143
stakesishigh
how swede it is
 
stakesishigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,422
vCash: 500
This type of discussion is just unnecessary.

stakesishigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:41 PM
  #144
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar
 
Schenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Huron County
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,362
vCash: 500
You guys actually think Luke Schenn if going to go out and take runs at guys who used to be his teammates, and more likely than not friends. He'll finish his checks, but I highly doubt he fights anyone, at least that he was formerly a teammate with as soon as last season.

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82088&dateline=135762  5592
Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:25 PM
  #145
Doshy
Registered User
 
Doshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
You guys actually think Luke Schenn if going to go out and take runs at guys who used to be his teammates, and more likely than not friends. He'll finish his checks, but I highly doubt he fights anyone, at least that he was formerly a teammate with as soon as last season.
He fought Dominic Moore when we traded him lol

Doshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:52 PM
  #146
Salgari
Registered User
 
Salgari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Salgari
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
just BUMPING this from last year because one part of the theory has come true... Luke has been traded .... and it will be interesting to see if further evidence emerges to support this theory i.e. Luke squares off with Dion tonight!

As much as I love this Leafs team and as much as I am liking JVR as a return for Schenn, I have always liked Luke and if he fights Dion at a non critical point of the game I'd love to see Luke kick his ass (within reason, as in no significant injury to Dion)
What the hell is wrong with you?

Salgari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:50 PM
  #147
tacoburrito
Registered User
 
tacoburrito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 519
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
This is why we should only draft players from Ontario. Western Canadian boys are clearly nothing but trouble.


drama queens!

tacoburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.