HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

When Dion Jumped Brayden

Old
04-01-2012, 08:44 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
My point is that "class" and "leadership" aren't two mythically linked things as you would purport them to be. No shortage of captains who were far from classy. Why hold Dion to a standard most everyone else isn't held to?
I hold Dion to the standard of past Leaf Captains . If Dion wants to lead and have the respect of his teamates , he can't be pulling this type of punk move .

If you like this type of crap then don't be upset when players like Kessel get targeted by other teams .

hotpaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:13 PM
anderson3133

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
I hold Dion to the standard of past Leaf Captains . If Dion wants to lead and have the respect of his teamates , he can't be pulling this type of punk move .

If you like this type of crap then don't be upset when players like Kessel get targeted by other teams .
He didn't target Schenn because he is skilled, he targeted him for his actions. He is also not the first player to go after him in his rookie season, don't you find that peculiar?

anderson3133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:22 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson3133 View Post
He didn't target Schenn because he is skilled, he targeted him for his actions. He is also not the first player to go after him in his rookie season, don't you find that peculiar?
What actions . Dion played him well along the wall then he continued with a cross check and then while Schenn was digging for the puck to get his hat trick Dion jumped him .

You can spin it any way you want but if the play was reversed you'd be on here crying how it was a punk move .

Last edited by hotpaws: 04-01-2012 at 09:39 PM.
hotpaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:25 PM
diceman934

The issue is that Dion does not have the respect of his team mates....

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Heis3nberg

After Schenn's cross check on Crosby in today's game, the kid is asking for it. Didn't think he was that type of player.

Heis3nberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:38 PM
anderson3133

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
What actions . Dion played him well and along the wall then he continued with a cross check and then while Schenn was going was digging for the puck to get his hat trick Dion jumped him .

You can spin it any way you want but if the play was reverrsed you'd be on here crying how it was a punk move .
I really wouldn't. I just find it hard to believe that you can't comprehend the difference between jumping a skilled player who minds their own business and someone who is skilled and asking for it.

anderson3133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heis3nberg View Post
After Schenn's cross check on Crosby in today's game, the kid is asking for it. Didn't think he was that type of player.
Agreed. Didn't know he had that agitator side to him, but if he does **** like what he did to Crosby there, he'll be a real good one. Probably get his lights punched out, but thats what they do.

Funk Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:43 PM
LeafsGuru93
me & Dave Ellett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heis3nberg View Post
He does play with Heartnell & all the other goons on philly, what do you expect?

It's not how they died that made them heroes, it's how they lived, putting others safety 1st, each & every day. Thanks Toronto police for keeping us safe. -RIP Sgt. Ryan Russell, Const. Garrett Styles.
LeafsGuru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:53 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeywiz542 View Post
[Citation needed] Typical Simmons.

I don't care if Dion jumps Schenners boyfriend in the next game. It's a game and the Schenns aren't brothers on the ice, they're opponents.

NaiveLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 10:56 PM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ball Hockey View Post
Agreed. Didn't know he had that agitator side to him, but if he does **** like what he did to Crosby there, he'll be a real good one. Probably get his lights punched out, but thats what they do.
Already has. Kovy cleaned his clock for some **** Rinaldo started. The Philly team is full of *****es.

binop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:15 PM
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY

just BUMPING this from last year because one part of the theory has come true... Luke has been traded .... and it will be interesting to see if further evidence emerges to support this theory i.e. Luke squares off with Dion tonight!

As much as I love this Leafs team and as much as I am liking JVR as a return for Schenn, I have always liked Luke and if he fights Dion at a non critical point of the game I'd love to see Luke kick his ass (within reason, as in no significant injury to Dion)

BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:20 PM
GardinerExpress

no...

GardinerExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Jerkini

I don't think Dion fights L. Schenn tonight. It would just prove the rumours true.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Didact
Nonis lost his mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
I don't think Dion fights L. Schenn tonight. It would just prove the rumours true.
if Brayden or Luke are running our guys over, then all bets are off.

Didact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didact View Post
if Brayden or Luke are running our guys over, then all bets are off.
Well if I was Dion, I'd just run their guys over as well. Which I expect him to do regardless.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Eb
TML

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
just BUMPING this from last year because one part of the theory has come true... Luke has been traded .... and it will be interesting to see if further evidence emerges to support this theory i.e. Luke squares off with Dion tonight!

As much as I love this Leafs team and as much as I am liking JVR as a return for Schenn, I have always liked Luke and if he fights Dion at a non critical point of the game I'd love to see Luke kick his ass (within reason, as in no significant injury to Dion)
Lol those left forearms to Dion face will really hurt. One of the many things Luke was bad at included fighting

Eb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Didact
Nonis lost his mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Well if I was Dion, I'd just run their guys over as well. Which I expect him to do regardless.
I mean being an a** all game, dirty hits, trying to injure (hurt) our guys.

Didact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:28 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

This type of discussion is just unnecessary.

stakesishigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

You guys actually think Luke Schenn if going to go out and take runs at guys who used to be his teammates, and more likely than not friends. He'll finish his checks, but I highly doubt he fights anyone, at least that he was formerly a teammate with as soon as last season.

02-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Doshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
You guys actually think Luke Schenn if going to go out and take runs at guys who used to be his teammates, and more likely than not friends. He'll finish his checks, but I highly doubt he fights anyone, at least that he was formerly a teammate with as soon as last season.
He fought Dominic Moore when we traded him lol

Doshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Salgari

Send a message via MSN to Salgari
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post

What the hell is wrong with you?

Salgari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:50 PM
tacoburrito

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
This is why we should only draft players from Ontario. Western Canadian boys are clearly nothing but trouble.

drama queens!

tacoburrito is offline   Reply With Quote