HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
The "Do you play hockey?" argument usually comes out when a person doesn't have a reasoned logical defense to his/her point of view. Its condescending, and frankly has little to do with having an understanding of the Blues.
Clearly someone doesn't play hockey

I'm just kidding. It is a terrible argument.

Old
02-11-2013, 01:11 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Clearly someone doesn't play hockey

I'm just kidding. It is a terrible argument.
Dude, I can barely stand up on skates.

Old
02-11-2013, 04:54 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Yep. Both won't cost a ton, just picks and mid prospects. That is if they are available.
what prospects would u be willing to give up for them as rentals? for me I say not to jaskin, schwartz and rattie. I'd consider edmundson, ponich, hakanpaa, SDR(maybe), Allen(if we feel binnington and lundstrom can get it done) fairchild, mcrae, and lindbohm?

Idk i'm just spitballin of the top of my head what specs do u guys think it would take?

Old
02-11-2013, 08:46 PM
BlueDream

People are talking about this over on the STLToday board. Armstrong is in Toronto for the Flyers-Leafs game tonight. Blues also scouted the Carolina-Toronto game last week.

What for Phaneuf? I would have some interest in that.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:51 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
People are talking about this over on the STLToday board. Armstrong is in Toronto for the Flyers-Leafs game tonight. Blues also scouted the Carolina-Toronto game last week.

What for Phaneuf? I would have some interest in that.
I doubt it'd be for Phaneuf. Blues would have to pay Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo, and Phaneuf big money. I don't think we'll commit that kind of money to the defense. My guess would be Bozak or McClement so we can move Steen back to the wing where he is more effective.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:54 PM
BlueDream

True. Also didn't see the thread already about this on the main trade forum. Whoops.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:33 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
what prospects would u be willing to give up for them as rentals? for me I say not to jaskin, schwartz and rattie. I'd consider edmundson, ponich, hakanpaa, SDR(maybe), Allen(if we feel binnington and lundstrom can get it done) fairchild, mcrae, and lindbohm?

Idk i'm just spitballin of the top of my head what specs do u guys think it would take?
Edmundson would be a no go for me just because he could develop into the LH defenseman we need.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:06 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Hey, if we have to suck for a season, this is the one to do it. Short season so we don't have to suffer too long, and then a draft with quite a bit of high end talent. Sounds good to me.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:26 PM
BlueDream

Hell no. I am not content with ****ing sucking. I don't care if it's a shortened season. With all the hype this team got would be completely unacceptable, no questions asked. They have to at least make the playoffs. Anything less is a complete embarrassment.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Perron is soooo talented. I'd love to see what he could bring the Blues in return. I've seen enough.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:32 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Hell no. I am not content with ****ing sucking. I don't care if it's a shortened season. With all the hype this team got would be completely unacceptable, no questions asked. They have to at least make the playoffs. Anything less is a complete embarrassment.
Well yeah, it's an embarrassment. But if we're going to have this type of team all year, might as well only have to endure 48 games instead of 82. Seasons seem to go faster when the team is bad, at least the Rams always have. Probably because I can turn it off at half knowing the game is over lol.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:44 PM
BlueDream

I'm also tired of Perron's ****.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:00 PM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Islander fan here and was wondering since we are probably gonna move Streit/Nabokov or Visnovsky and most Isles fans don't want Okposo do you think your team would be interested in maybe Streit,Nabokov, and Okposo for lets say Berglund,Elliot and Stewart..I do not get to see your team much so please don't blast me if i'm undervaluing your players.

02-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Im Old Gregggg

Leaf fan comming in, heard that Army was in toronto tonight....

I know a fair ammount of leaf fans would like to see what stewart could do back home, despite his inconsistancy..... alot of us also have had man crushes on berglund (poor mans sundin?) for a long time... either of those guys possible in a trade? What players could you use on your team, were pretty full with depth on the blue line (espeically when gardiner and gunner come back from injury).

Any one on the blue in the doghouse/ could use a change of scenery?

Old
02-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Old Gregggg View Post
Leaf fan comming in, heard that Army was in toronto tonight....

I know a fair ammount of leaf fans would like to see what stewart could do back home, despite his inconsistancy..... alot of us also have had man crushes on berglund (poor mans sundin?) for a long time... either of those guys possible in a trade? What players could you use on your team, were pretty full with depth on the blue line (espeically when gardiner and gunner come back from injury).

Any one on the blue in the doghouse/ could use a change of scenery?
Stewart
Dagostini
Berglund (if another C is coming back)
Schwartz (only on a great return)
Elliott
Perron (if getting overpayed)
Cole (if getting another LD back)

But I'm sure other Blues fans have their own list of players they would want to trade. I'd say what we are looking for would be a first, second, or third line center for center depth or an upgrade at center. Also would be looking for a LD partner than can not necessarily play with Petro but to be able to play a leading LD role because our LD have looked far from great this season.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Im Old Gregggg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Stewart
Dagostini
Elliott

But I'm sure other Blues fans have their own list of players they would want to trade. I'd say what we are looking for would be a first, second, or third line center for center depth or an upgrade at center. Also would be looking for a LD partner than can not necessarily play with Petro but to be able to play a leading LD role because our LD have looked far from great this season.
gunnerson played that role for the leafs with phaneuf last season and did a solid job, he wasnt in the lineup tonight though. Our strength up front is wingers so they must be looking at 1 of our dmen (unless nonis would consider trading grabovski or bozak) Grabovski would be a great #2 center and bozak could probably kick steen to his natural wing?)

Old
02-12-2013, 12:09 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
Islander fan here and was wondering since we are probably gonna move Streit/Nabokov or Visnovsky and most Isles fans don't want Okposo do you think your team would be interested in maybe Streit,Nabokov, and Okposo for lets say Berglund,Elliot and Stewart..I do not get to see your team much so please don't blast me if i'm undervaluing your players.
That's not really a great trade for us. Really the Blues just get older and lose a center in that deal. We are already forcing a winger to be our 3rd line center, so losing one of our two natural centers just wouldn't work. Berglund and Backes just can't leave because that's all we have down the middle.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:13 AM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Old Gregggg View Post
gunnerson played that role for the leafs with phaneuf last season and did a solid job, he wasnt in the lineup tonight though. Our strength up front is wingers so they must be looking at 1 of our dmen (unless nonis would consider trading grabovski or bozak) Grabovski would be a great #2 center and bozak could probably kick steen to his natural wing?)
we can't take on grabo's contract.

I wonder if were taking a look at komarov or gunner. or heck we may have been lookin at optimus reim for what's been happening with our goalies lately lmao.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:44 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

Ugh the Stewart for Mac+ people back on the main board again.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:45 AM
BertCorbeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Stewart
Dagostini
Elliott

What sort of overpayment for Perron?

I could see Stewart maybe being a target of Nonis, but the Leafs top 9 wingers are set pretty nicely .. Once Lupul comes back, there will be an odd man out already if Komarov is still expected a top 9 role (us Leaf fans assume MacArthur will be the guy gone, and I doubt STL wants him)

And I doubt you guys are going to move a centre right now .. I only see a trade in which one of our surplus of defenseman goes your way for one of Stewart or Perron, who would be a clear upgrade over MacA in our top 9 .. This of course still hinges on the assumption Komarov will be a 4th line player going forward

.. Tough for me to see a player for player deal right now, I'm thinking it's one of the Leafs players for a pick type of trade

Old
02-12-2013, 12:55 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

I don't think the Blues could do it salary wise but if you could trade picks to CGY for Backlund, allowing Steen to go back to the wing and then trade Perron to TOR for Phaneuf, I think I would do it.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:13 AM
underslept
well-informed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
I don't think the Blues could do it salary wise but if you could trade picks to CGY for Backlund, allowing Steen to go back to the wing and then trade Perron to TOR for Phaneuf, I think I would do it.
For Phaneuf? No.

Phaneuf in STL is Brewer 2.0, a guy who can't play good enough to be a #1/2 D but is going to be forced into playing it. I don't see how that helps us at all.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Dark Knight
ScorchedEarthRebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
For Phaneuf? No.

Phaneuf in STL is Brewer 2.0, a guy who can't play good enough to be a #1/2 D but is going to be forced into playing it. I don't see how that helps us at all.
Sorry guys! Don't want you to think I'm invading your forum here but these statements tell me how little you watch Toronto games, and how much you truly know about Dion Phaneuf.

He's been extremely good this season. He was being overplayed to start the year and is playing with a rookie partner in Mike Kostka (who hasn't looked so shabby either).

Just want to clear the misconception that Phaneuf and Brewer do not belong in the same sentence - its insulting. He is a top pairing D-man, no doubt about that.

You guys can keep Perron because I'll have absolutely no interest in trading Phaneuf for Perron.

Cheers! Hope you guys can turn it around soon as I spend a bunch of my nights watching Blues hockey and I enjoy it.

Backes was noticeably upset with the dynamic of your team. He called out a bunch of players indirectly where he blamed them for playing for themselves and stat-padding rather than sacrificing their bodies and playing a team game.

I guess this happens with a young team. Time for Hitchcock to ditch the niceness he learnt from Wally Buono and become a hard-ass again.

02-12-2013, 01:24 AM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
For Phaneuf? No.

Not sure I agree with this. Would love to see Phaneuf in a note, depending on what it would take to get him.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:35 AM
tonydif

Luongo to Blues, Halak to Leafs, D and C to Canucks

Closed Thread