HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So what'S Ryder fetching?

Old
07-07-2006, 01:58 AM
Form and Substance

vCash: 500
So what'S Ryder fetching?

Now that Ribs has signed, what do you think will be his asking price? I say two years 4.5 million dollars should do the trick. If he turns out to be a 35-40 goal scorer and play with the same drive he did in 03-04, this could turn out to be one hell of a deal!

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:07 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000 View Post
Now that Ribs has signed, what do you think will be his asking price? I say two years 4.5 million dollars should do the trick. If he turns out to be a 35-40 goal scorer and play with the same drive he did in 03-04, this could turn out to be one hell of a deal!

what $$$es me off is the habs could have takin ribs to arbration . a arb would have NEVER gave ribs 1.9 million PERIOD! how the habs ended up giving ribs 1.9 million is beyond me, don meehan is a excellent agent . does he have dirt on gainey? holy man

NOW ribs has been given 1.9 million after he scored 14 less points than last season and he gets a 700,000 dollars raise?

Ryder cards have gotten better instantly 2.5 -2.8 million for ryder you watch ...
ryder scored 25 and 30 goals in the last 2 years

Mike Ribeiro 20 and 16 goals

Mike Ribeiro's contract is retarded how can you award that big of raise for a guy who scored less than last year ?

79 -16 -35 -51 pts

81 -20 -45 -65 pts

futher more Ryder and the habs are miles apart from what i have been told .i wouldnt mind 2.5 million for ryder just keep him happy . HOW CAN YOU LOW BALL AND TAKE RYDER to arbration? and not Mike Ribeiro?? keep Ryder happy PAY HIM he has good value around the leauge , but try to get rid of Ribs !!!! YOU CANT not even when he was making 1.1 million last year no one wanted him . imagine how hard it will be now at 1.9 million ... unbelivable

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 07-07-2006 at 02:24 AM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:38 AM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Fedotenko: $1.65m for 26 goals, 15 assists, and Jay Feaster admits arbitration may have seen him make more than that

Ryder: 30 goals, 25 assists, and he is going to arbitration [most likely].

If feaster thinks this 39 point guy would make more going to arbitration, how much is this 55 point guy going to recieve when his agent can compare him to Fedotenko?

My guess: $2,550,000 for 1 or 2 years though I don't know

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:45 AM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Fedotenko: $1.65m for 26 goals, 15 assists, and Jay Feaster admits arbitration may have seen him make more than that

If feaster thinks this 39 point guy would make more going to arbitration, how much is this 55 point guy going to recieve when his agent can compare him to Fedotenko?

Lets hope we get a good arbitrator and he gets about 4 mil for 2 years.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 04:06 AM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
what $$$es me off is the habs could have takin ribs to arbration . a arb would have NEVER gave ribs 1.9 million PERIOD! how the habs ended up giving ribs 1.9 million is beyond me, don meehan is a excellent agent . does he have dirt on gainey? holy man

NOW ribs has been given 1.9 million after he scored 14 less points than last season and he gets a 700,000 dollars raise?
Ryder had 8 less points

Quote:
Ryder cards have gotten better instantly 2.5 -2.8 million for ryder you watch ...
okay?

Quote:
ryder scored 25 and 30 goals in the last 2 years

Mike Ribeiro 20 and 16 goals
oh of course,
ryder had 38 assists and 25 assists in the last 2 years

ribeiro had 45 assists and 35 assists.

but what does that for ryders arbitration case? NOTHING. One guy is a play maker and the other is a goal scorer, i'll let you guess which is which.

But considering you're so adamant about goals scored from the prior season. Ryder scored 12 even strength goals, Ribs scored 8. hmmm

Quote:
Mike Ribeiro's contract is retarded how can you award that big of raise for a guy who scored less than last year ?

79 -16 -35 -51 pts

81 -20 -45 -65 pts
With your logic Ryder should see a similar raise as Ribs, considering both had a similar regression from the 04 season to the 06' season.

Quote:
futher more Ryder and the habs are miles apart from what i have been told .
who told you?

Quote:
i wouldnt mind 2.5 million for ryder just keep him happy . HOW CAN YOU LOW BALL AND TAKE RYDER to arbration?
and not Mike Ribeiro??
low ball? BG had a difficult time resigning ryder last season as well, so ryder regresses from his previous season and now you're saying he deserves a 1.5 million dollar increase in salary because ribeiro got a 700k increase? O_o

Quote:
keep Ryder happy PAY HIM he has good value around the leauge , but try to get rid of Ribs !!!! YOU CANT not even when he was making 1.1 million last year no one wanted him . imagine how hard it will be now at 1.9 million ... unbelivable
so much non-sensical rambling. if the stars replace arnott with halpern for 2 million, i'm sure someone would take a flyer on ribs for atleast a draft pick. but sadly the habs aren't in a position to deal ribs as of right now (atleast until training camp, where one of the youngsters can potentially show their worth)...and not many teams are willing to deal 2nd line center that can be seen as upgrades over ribs. Ribs at 1.9 million and going into his 3rd full season is a pretty good deal if he improves his attitude...judging from his effort in the playoffs, i have faith.

ryder should see a similar contract as ribs. nothing more than 2 million.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 04:11 AM
wholeshow*

Quote:

fedotenko is a much better measuring stick than ribeiro. ruslan and ryder are both scoring wingers. But it should be noted, ruslan scored 22 even strength goals while ryder only had 12.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 04:32 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
what $$$es me off is the habs could have takin ribs to arbration . a arb would have NEVER gave ribs 1.9 million PERIOD!

Considering his role (2nd C) and production, I think Ribeiro could have get that much in arbitration with the current market.

We'll see with Ryder's contract if Ribs is overpaid or not as both have similar production and role.

I say 2.2 for Ryder.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Stone Cutter

Good article this morning on Ryder. http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...006/CPSPORTS01

Basically it says that the Habs have a shot a signing him before arbitration. The Habs are offering $2 millions for one year and they are asking for 2,5 for one. The contract will be of one year even if the avoid artitration. Ryder's agent says that they want him to play a full healty season to really see what his value is.

So based on that, they may come to an agreement some time soon between 2 and 2,5.... for one year. If not... it's going to be 2 or 2,5 for one year.

Stone Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:46 AM
DerekT

3 mil

DerekT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cutter View Post
Good article this morning on Ryder. http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...006/CPSPORTS01

Basically it says that the Habs have a shot a signing him before arbitration. The Habs are offering 2Millions for one year and they are asking for 2,5 for one. The contract will be of one year wherter or not the go to artitration. Ryder's agent says that they want him to play a ful healty season to really see what his value.

So based on that, they may come to an agreement some time soon between 2 and 2,5.... for one year. If not... it's going to be 2 or 2,5 for one year.
About what I expected...maybe they agree on 2.15 or something.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Stone Cutter

My guess is that all will depend on Ryder's agent confidence in the arbitration system taking into consideration the medical condition of Ryder for last season. They will put forward the medical record of Ryder during the process, hoping that they take it into account. My guess is that they will agree to a 2,1 or 2,2 contract

Old
07-07-2006, 09:55 AM
BigTimer*

Basically any price that allows Gainey to fill the payroll with useless and bloated salaries so in October when the media starts asking why the team looks like an AHL one he can say there's nothing he can do -- he doesn't have the cap room. Stuck with yet another cretin. What's funny is that half the fans are proud of him... guess they see some of themselves in big Bobby.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Basically any price that allows Gainey to fill the payroll with useless and bloated salaries so in October when the media starts asking why the team looks like an AHL one he can say there's nothing he can do -- he doesn't have the cap room. Stuck with yet another cretin. What's funny is that half the fans are proud of him... guess they see some of themselves in big Bobby.
How did this AHL team make the playoffs last year?

Old
07-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Stone Cutter

Quote:
Are you for real?

Old
07-07-2006, 10:03 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
How did this AHL team make the playoffs last year?
Horseshoe up their *** for the first month and a half of the year. Put them first in the Eastern Conference come mid-November. Even with that head start they needed a bunch of lucky bounces... most notably Huet putting up Vezina type numbers... and that just to barely make the post-season. And of course, needed Higgins to score on pace with Ovechkin after the Olympics or else toss those 1 goal wins out the window.

Old
07-07-2006, 10:07 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Oh Boy.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Horseshoe up their *** for the first month and a half of the year. Put them first in the Eastern Conference come mid-November. Even with that head start they needed a bunch of lucky bounces... most notably Huet putting up Vezina type numbers... and that just to barely make the post-season. And of course, needed Higgins to score on pace with Ovechkin after the Olympics or else toss those 1 goal wins out the window.
Why can't Huet have another season like the last one? And if he plays that good all year then we are in good shape. Why can't Higgins repeat his success from last year? Why can't Perezhogin and Plekanec contribute more to the scoring then Bulis and Zednik did last year? Why can't Komisarek continue to develop into a solid defenseman? Why can't Markov continue to establish himself as an elite defenseman?

Old
07-07-2006, 10:17 AM
obcd1

I read in La Presse that Ryder was offered 2M$ but was asking for 2,5M$. They also said that they might sign a deal before going into arbitration.

obcd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Joey

Quote:
Wow... Huet putting Vezina type numbers, maybe he is Vezina type material? There were doubters that Kiprusoff could repeat, and look at him now. And they needed Higgins to score on pace with Ovechkin? I guess you could say SJ needed Thornton to score on pace with Jagr and NJ needed Gionta to keep scoring goals on pace with Heatley.

It's bad that we "need" our players to perform well to see success? How else are we supposed to see success? How else is success even ACHIEVED in hockey unless your players perform?

You know your argument is lousy when you begin to knock your clutch players performing under pressure...

Old
07-07-2006, 10:21 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Why can't Huet have another season like the last one? And if he plays that good all year then we are in good shape. Why can't Higgins repeat his success from last year? Why can't Perezhogin and Plekanec contribute more to the scoring then Bulis and Zednik did last year? Why can't Komisarek continue to develop into a solid defenseman? Why can't Markov continue to establish himself as an elite defenseman?
Why not? Reality. Huet won't post Vezina numbers - it's just unreasonable to expect. Higgins won't score 40-45 goals. I'll gladly take 20-25 from him again. But even then, why do we need all these extravagant breaks to make the post-season? It shouldn't be like that. Plekanec (as is now evident by the Ribeiro signing) will get third line minutes and should only be expected to up his production to maybe 40-45 points. Like it or not, despite their below average campaigns, Zednik and Bulis combined for 36 goals.

Komi will continue to develop and Markov probably will too but that will have a marginal impact on the standings.

Old
07-07-2006, 10:24 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Wow... Huet putting Vezina type numbers, maybe he is Vezina type material? There were doubters that Kiprusoff could repeat, and look at him now. And they needed Higgins to score on pace with Ovechkin? I guess you could say SJ needed Thornton to score on pace with Jagr and NJ needed Gionta to keep scoring goals on pace with Heatley.

It's bad that we "need" our players to perform well to see success? How else are we supposed to see success? How else is success even ACHIEVED in hockey unless your players perform?

You know your argument is lousy when you begin to knock your clutch players performing under pressure...
You know your argument is lousy when it's all based on pure homerism. Not worth replying to, have a good day.

Old
07-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Joey

Quote:
You know your argument is lousy when it's all based on pure homerism. Not worth replying to, have a good day.
And I guess you know your argument is lost when you decide not to defend it anymore.

Old
07-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Why not? Reality. Huet won't post Vezina numbers - it's just unreasonable to expect. Higgins won't score 40-45 goals. I'll gladly take 20-25 from him again. But even then, why do we need all these extravagant breaks to make the post-season? It shouldn't be like that. Plekanec (as is now evident by the Ribeiro signing) will get third line minutes and should only be expected to up his production to maybe 40-45 points. Like it or not, despite their below average campaigns, Zednik and Bulis combined for 36 goals.

Komi will continue to develop and Markov probably will too but that will have a marginal impact on the standings.
Perezhogin posted 9 goals in very limited action last season...I don't think it's a stretch to think he can hit 15-20 goals. I think Plekanec is quite underrated around here. I believe he has the skillset nessecary to excel in this "new" NHL. Of course alot of our success will depend on the health of our team (like most teams around the league). It would obviously be nice to get 82 games out of Saku, but lets not kid ourselves...

I really think the Olympics were a bad thing for our team last year. When they were finished Koivu and Markov were clearly different players and were nowhere near as effective.

I'm not really sure what expectations I have for the upcoming season. It's only July so lots can happen between now and then. I certainly expect some player movement, but I'm not sure what yet. I personally like the direction the team is heading and I feel like we have a very solid group developing nicely.

Old
07-07-2006, 10:33 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
And I guess you know your argument is lost when you decide not to defend it anymore.
My argument defends itself. There's no need to reiterate it for some homer with a room full of Habs posters, bed sheets, and rugs who just compared Higgins putting up Ovechkin type numbers to THORNTON AND ELIAS (you couldn't of possibly meant Gionta) producing at All-Star levels . See the difference there wiseguy? Let's run it by you again - Spot which one doesn't fit: Chris Higgins, Joe Thornton, Patrik Elias.

Old
07-07-2006, 10:40 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Perezhogin posted 9 goals in very limited action last season...I don't think it's a stretch to think he can hit 15-20 goals. I think Plekanec is quite underrated around here. I believe he has the skillset nessecary to excel in this "new" NHL. Of course alot of our success will depend on the health of our team (like most teams around the league). It would obviously be nice to get 82 games out of Saku, but lets not kid ourselves...

I really think the Olympics were a bad thing for our team last year. When they were finished Koivu and Markov were clearly different players and were nowhere near as effective.

I'm not really sure what expectations I have for the upcoming season. It's only July so lots can happen between now and then. I certainly expect some player movement, but I'm not sure what yet. I personally like the direction the team is heading and I feel like we have a very solid group developing nicely.
Yes but Perez put those 9 goals up for us last year. Not on some other team. That means that for him to cut into the loss of goal production he needs to put up 9 goals even before he starts chipping away at the 36. 15 to 20 goals would be nice in terms of his development but on a team level it makes very little difference.

I agree with the Olympics... especially with regards to Markov.

I just know that if this team doesn't make one big roster move from now until a few weeks before training camp, that we're going to be in the same miserable position come march next year... basically ripping our hair out because we need every last game to clinch the last or before last seed for the playoffs. Gainey is just clueless now that he cap is in place.