HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sjs-edm

Old
02-11-2013, 09:02 PM
SJSharks39

vCash: 500
Sjs-edm

This is my first attempt at a trade proposal so sorry if value is way off.
Ryane Clowe
1st
Thomas Griess
for
Eberle/Hall/Yakupov

Reasoning for SJS: Sharks get a great young sniper to play with Couture forming an amazing combo for years to come
Reasoning for EDM: Get a good power forward in Clowe, a first in a great draft, and a normally good backup in net for Dubnyk

SJSharks39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:06 PM
belair

Good luck on your second trade attempt.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Seachd

To put it nicer than some of the others, yes, the value is off.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:12 PM
SJSharks39

What would need to be added?

Old
02-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomeaaron16 View Post
Couture? I don't think Edmonton eowould want Clowe and that Greiss Guy

Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Arrch

vCash: 50
Quote:
A negative Eberle/Hall/Yakupov.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:14 PM
belair

Quote:
Pat Falloon, Owen Nolan and a 9th round pick

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:14 PM
SDig14

Here is the problem:

Sharks pick is likely 24-30.
Clowe is a pending UFA.
Greiss has no value to us.

If you want one of them, Couture will be the guy we ask for.

You don't trade great talent for lesser pieces just because you get 3-4 of them.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Seachd

Quote:
The problem is that is order for it to make sense to the Oilers, it would have to be a quality-for-quality deal. A player like Eberle for a bunch of smaller parts likely wouldn't cut it. So adding to the deal probably wouldn't help very much.

Just ignore the posters flaming you. They're evidently a sensitive and insecure bunch.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:22 PM
SJSharks39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
The problem is that is order for it to make sense to the Oilers, it would have to be a quality-for-quality deal. A player like Eberle for a bunch of smaller parts likely wouldn't cut it. So adding to the deal probably wouldn't help very much.

Just ignore the posters flaming you. They're evidently a sensitive and insecure bunch.
Well I completely forgot Clowe was an upcoming UFA and I know many fans of Edmonton want Clowe for leadership and all that and Griess is actually a solid backup (ignoring tonights game) and the first, being completely honest, the Sharks aren't going to do that great this year because of the tennis tourney so I figured it would be 10-20

Old
02-11-2013, 09:24 PM
SJSharks39

would something around Boyle/Braun/Demers be better?

Old
02-11-2013, 09:26 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
would still have to be a big + from San Jose...

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:28 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

I think the oilers would be very interested in Clowe, but none of the "big 5" is moving.

Just spitballing, maybe something around MPS or Hemsky? Maybe Clowe would need to be extended.

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:30 PM
SJSharks39

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
would still have to be a big + from San Jose...
Well depending on the needs we could send Demers Kuraly and a 1st would there need to be much more?
Demers is going to be a great 2 way defender
Kuraly a great 2 way forward
A first in a deep draft
We could send Murray their way too. He's been doing pretty well lately.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:33 PM
DrSanchez
Back it up

Quote:
Well depending on the needs we could send Demers Kuraly and a 1st would there need to be much more?
Demers is going to be a great 2 way defender
Kuraly a great 2 way forward
A first in a deep draft
We could send Murray their way too. He's been doing pretty well lately.
... we're still talking about one of the big 3 from Edmonton? Those guys just aren't a realistic target for the Sharks no matter what they add. Clowe to Edmonton might be doable but not for any of them.

DrSanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:34 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
You have to think of it this way:

If Edmonton offered you Gagner, Yann Danis and a 2nd round pick for Couture, would you accept it? Hopefully not because you understand what Couture means to the Sharks and that he is a young player who will be a part of the core of your team for a long time. Gagner is a decent piece, though in need of a new contract at the end of this season, Danis is a goalie who wouldn't help with anything and the pick won't help the Sharks win now either.

Edmonton values Eberle and the other young guns (Hall, RNH, Schultz, Yakupov) like you probably value Couture. We won't move them unless something better is coming back our way. Clowe would be great on Edmonton but being in the final year of his deal dramatically decreases his value, Greiss wont help us and the first will be 20-30 more than likely. There isnt any incentive for the Oilers.

Try to think of it from both teams standpoint when you make proposals. It may sound great for one team, but if thats the case, then 94% of the time the other team wants nothing to do with it.

I hope this helps you out for future proposals. And like Seachd said, don't let the other posters who are flaming you and trolling you get to you. Either ignore them or report them. You'll find in time this is a pretty cool site to browse with some really intelligent people.

Cheers!

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:38 PM
SJSharks39

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post

If Edmonton offered you Gagner, Yann Danis and a 2nd round pick for Couture, would you accept it? Hopefully not because you understand what Couture means to the Sharks and that he is a young player who will be a part of the core of your team for a long time. Gagner is a decent piece, though in need of a new contract at the end of this season, Danis is a goalie who wouldn't help with anything and the pick won't help the Sharks win now either.

Edmonton values Eberle and the other young guns (Hall, RNH, Schultz, Yakupov) like you probably value Couture. We won't move them unless something better is coming back our way. Clowe would be great on Edmonton but being in the final year of his deal dramatically decreases his value, Greiss wont help us and the first will be 20-30 more than likely. There isnt any incentive for the Oilers.

Try to think of it from both teams standpoint when you make proposals. It may sound great for one team, but if thats the case, then 94% of the time the other team wants nothing to do with it.

I hope this helps you out for future proposals. And like Seachd said, don't let the other posters who are flaming you and trolling you get to you. Either ignore them or report them. You'll find in time this is a pretty cool site to browse with some really intelligent people.

Cheers!
Thanks. I've been kind of looking at the site for awhile now and I've definatly seen some of the nicer and more inteligent people like you said. and you're right I kind of thought EDM but saw it as a great trade for the Sharks and tried a quanity of players that in my opinion were kind of close to a young gun from edm without crippling the sharks.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:42 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

That won't get us anywhere near the big 4. We'd have to add Pavelski at least.

That might get us Gagner and a Edm 2nd though.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Spawn

I imagine the only thing the Oilers would be interested in acquiring in regards to moving one of RNH/Eberle/Hall/Yakupov would be Couture. And at that point it is too big of a trade for either team to be comfortable doing it I imagine.

I would like to have Clowe on the Oilers, but not sure that Edmonton has pieces that the Sharks would find enticing enough to part ways with him (outside of RNH/Eberle/Hall/Yakupov/Schultz).

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Ryan Smyth

Quote:
This is my first attempt at a trade proposal so sorry if value is way off.
Ryane Clowe
1st
Thomas Griess
for
Eberle/Hall/Yakupov

Reasoning for SJS: Sharks get a great young sniper to play with Couture forming an amazing combo for years to come
Reasoning for EDM: Get a good power forward in Clowe, a first in a great draft, and a normally good backup in net for Dubnyk
I'm not going to completely rip you apart because it's your first proposal. But lets just say that Eberle, Hall, and Yakupov are all at least equal in value to Couture.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:24 AM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post

Cheers!

Thank you for being understanding and incredibly helpful to a new poster.

This site needs more people like you.

Props to the other Oiler fans who have been welcoming as well.

bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:08 AM
SDig14

Well, if we destroy every new poster before they get to 100 posts then it will just leave all the old posters that already annoy us all the time, ha.

I'd talk hockey with someone with 20 posts that actually wants to have a conversation over half the people with 5000+ posts that just sit there saying "you're a joke, X>>>Y, what a terrible proposal".

Sometimes the proposals are terrible, actually most often, but no reason to be a ****** about it IMO.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:23 AM
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

Sharks will take it!!!

Wow, man. It's not close.

sharkbite3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:45 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Well, if we destroy every new poster before they get to 100 posts then it will just leave all the old posters that already annoy us all the time, ha.

I'd talk hockey with someone with 20 posts that actually wants to have a conversation over half the people with 5000+ posts that just sit there saying "you're a joke, X>>>Y, what a terrible proposal".

Sometimes the proposals are terrible, actually most often, but no reason to be a ****** about it IMO.
I think most people in this thread have been pretty respectful and have voiced their opinions about the trade in an appropriate manner imo. It's just that negative comments stand out more

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:11 AM
sweHockeypunk21

Haha. Howabout...

Eberle/Hall

Clowe
1rst round pick 13
1rst round pick 14
Demers if they STILL need more.
Galiardi