HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Iginla to the devils

Old
02-11-2013, 09:18 AM
sansabri
au-delà du délai

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post
That makes no difference. Iginla is a UFA in in his twilight years, and he isn't getting another shot at the Cup if he stays in Calgary. You overvalued the hell out of him. Larsson + ?? That's just absurd.

Take a look at both the Nash and Kovy trades again, then justify how Iginla is worth Larsson+.
i forgot he was on the last year of his contract - but to say he's in the twilight of his career is silly. the man is in top shape and hasn't missed a game in 5 years. he could easily give a few more good years to a team.

Nash asked to be traded and Kovy let it be known he wasn't going to resign with ATL. while Nash was already signed - Kovy could have simply not resigned with NJ, which is why he didn't fetch much of a return.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:20 AM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

It doesn't matter how much a team feels their homegrown superstar is worth. It matters what the MARKET thinks he is worth. See: Nash. Columbus initially wanted a king's ransom, then came to terms with reality.

Know what, these boards ALWAYS overvalue the asking prices for high end players. So I'll just wait and see instead of bickering about something that in unlikely to happen anyway.

When is the last time a team traded it's top prospect (Merrill) or NHL dman at 19 (Larsson) for a 35+ year old UFA? I'm curious.

MartyForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:20 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
Kovy could have simply not resigned with NJ, which is why he didn't fetch much of a return.
You just solved your own argument...

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:24 AM
MartyForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

Quote:
i forgot he was on the last year of his contract - but to say he's in the twilight of his career is silly. the man is in top shape and hasn't missed a game in 5 years. he could easily give a few more good years to a team.

Nash asked to be traded and Kovy let it be known he wasn't going to resign with ATL. while Nash was already signed - Kovy could have simply not resigned with NJ, which is why he didn't fetch much of a return.
Which would be the same case with Iginla....except Iginla would even be much older at the time.

MartyForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:28 AM
sansabri
au-delà du délai

wasn't Iginla traded for someone at the end of his career for a cup run .

times have changed, though.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:53 AM
JimEIV

Quote:
wasn't Iginla traded for someone at the end of his career for a cup run .

times have changed, though.
I like this post.

Calder Trophy Winner, Cup Champion, multiple time 50 goal scorer apparently wasn't as important to Calgary's franchise as Iginla is? Go figure.

JimEIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Goodlad

vCash: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
I like this post.

Calder Trophy Winner, Cup Champion, multiple time 50 goal scorer apparently wasn't as important to Calgary's franchise as Iginla is? Go figure.
Nieuwy was also in the middle of a contract hold-out though. Obviously that's going to effect his trade value. I think Calgary will be looking for a solid prospect (not necessarily "blue-chip", but solid) and a 1st (non-conditional) if Iggy is made available at the deadline.

Goodlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:23 AM
nogger
ploffs?

vCash: 50
Wasn't Iginla a blue chip prospect when Niewendyk was traded?

:s

But that's okay, SCRAPS AND LATE ROUND PICKS pls

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Devilspuppet666

NJD and Flames are not good trading partners especially for Iggy

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:59 AM
iggyman12

We would want at least a first and a great prospect. I would not expect the Devils to even consider trading Larsson for a rental and thats understandable. Flames fans and the organization will always want much more for Iggy than his current production value for obvious reasons. Which is why I see him retiring a Calgary Flames and im just fine with that.

Last edited by iggyman12: 02-11-2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: forgot a word
iggyman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Goodlad

vCash: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyman12 View Post
We would want at least a first and a great prospect. I would not expect the Devils to even consider trading Larsson for a rental and thats understandable. Flames fans and the organization will always want much more for Iggy than his current production value for obvious reasons. Which is why I see him retiring a Calgary Flames and im just fine with that.
I don't know if that's necessarily true. I think the Regehr trade showed that this management group is capable of distinguishing between expectations of value/actual value. When it came down to it they took the best offer on the table for Regehr, even if it wasn't what a lot of people speculated he was worth. If it comes down to taking a pittance of an offer or letting Iginla walk in the off-season they'll take whatever the best offer is.

Goodlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Wizeman*

I doubt the Devils offer much of anything beyond a second rounder. They dont need Iginla. Not at the expense of a first rounder for a rental.

I have no idea who gives the flames a first rounder for him in this draft. Maybe for 2014

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:13 AM
nogger
ploffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
I doubt the flames off much of anything beyond a second rounder. They dont need Iginla. Not at the expense of a first rounder for a rental.

I have no idea who gives the flames a first rounder for him in this draft. Maybe for 2014
Paul Gaustad got a first round pick.

Iginla doesn't return one?

LOL

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:13 AM
MountainGoat

vCash:
Larsson for a UFA Iginla is a joke

if the Flames are sellers at the deadline I would give a 1st and Merrill for Iggy

Old
02-11-2013, 11:50 AM
iggyman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodlad View Post
I don't know if that's necessarily true. I think the Regehr trade showed that this management group is capable of distinguishing between expectations of value/actual value. When it came down to it they took the best offer on the table for Regehr, even if it wasn't what a lot of people speculated he was worth. If it comes down to taking a pittance of an offer or letting Iginla walk in the off-season they'll take whatever the best offer is.
Though Regehr was a long time soldier for the Flames, he cant be compared to Iggy. Iggy is everything to our organization and he has been for more than a decade. Robyn was moved to give other guys bigger minutes. If Calgary does not decide to rebuild then Iggy will just be resigned as there is not too much fear of Iggy walking as a free agent. Alberta is everything to him and his family.

iggyman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:58 PM
JKreDibLe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyman12 View Post
if kovalchuk in his prime couldn't net a great prospect, iginla at this point in his career for a 2 month rental shouldn't net a great prospect +...

i'm thinking tedenby, gelinas, 3rd

JKreDibLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:11 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKreDibLe View Post
if kovalchuk in his prime couldn't net a great prospect, iginla at this point in his career for a 2 month rental shouldn't net a great prospect +...

i'm thinking tedenby, gelinas, 3rd
The guy who passed Crosby the puck that won gold in Vancouver three years ago gets this as a return?

Man, that's just sad.

Apparently veteran leadership and a ****-solid track record doesn't account for anything on this board except two players who won't make the big league and a prospect likely to do the same.

belair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:25 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyForVezina View Post
You guys are all nuts. Including Devils fans offering our 1st, our top prospect in the system (Merrill), and Tallinder.

So we should give up more for a 35 year old Iginla who had a down season last year (and is off to a bad start this year; yes I know he has no one around him) than what we gave up for Kovy? I don't think so.

Hell, look at the Nash deal. Iginla is worth much, much less than Nash, who is younger and WAS SIGNED FOR SIX YEARS.
Down year and still had 32 goals.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Devonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
Larsson for a UFA Iginla is a joke

if the Flames are sellers at the deadline I would give a 1st and Merrill for Iggy
I agree...that would be insanity for the Devils to give up....and Flame fans our hilariously overrating what Iggy will get.....if he was dealt like he should have been 2 years ago, then they could have gotten Larsson and more....not now...not even close.....

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
Iginla's value is more than just that he is 35 and a pending UFA

that would be like us trading Elias this season if we were somehow out of it. he means more to the franchise than a guy normally in that situation.
Devils have won 3 cups and lost in the final two other times to boot. The team will not fold without selling the farm for a cup run.

I know you guys are picking up points but I would accept having a 'good team' instead of thinking 3 or 4 months of Iginla will win you 2 or 3 extra playoff rounds.

I know flames fans are scrambling to attain talent . I dont blame them at all. But they are not being realistic.

Going rate for a rental -especially a 35 year old , as good as he can be at that age - is their first rounder , which will be low for the devils.

Its a deep draft so the devils will skip the rental.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:46 PM
blink

Devils fan here but I'm thinking the Flames would likely want a young roster player, a good defensive prospect and a pick for Iggy.

Sounds like Josefson, Severson, 1st for Iginla to me....

Flames probably scout the WHL the most and would be familiar with Severson. I also think they would be hesitant on Merrill given his off-ice problems. Flames can't take chances here. I would rather give up Scarlett than Severson but I think the Flames insist on Severson.

I could be way off base here but I think it's a decent return for what might possibly be a rental for us. I just don't think we would pay that much.

blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:50 PM
HighLifeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
Devils fan here but I'm thinking the Flames would likely want a young roster player, a good defensive prospect and a pick for Iggy.

Sounds like Josefson, Severson, 1st for Iginla to me....

Flames probably scout the WHL the most and would be familiar with Severson. I also think they would be hesitant on Merrill given his off-ice problems. Flames can't take chances here. I would rather give up Scarlett than Severson but I think the Flames insist on Severson.

I could be way off base here but I think it's a decent return for what might possibly be a rental for us. I just don't think we would pay that much.
That's a very fair offer for Iginla at this point.

Depending on the market for his services (which I expect to be rather large) I think I would take that offer.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:53 PM
F l a m e s
#winitforgio

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
Merril, Tallinder, 1st

For

Iginla, 2nd
We don't have our 2nd.

We could throw in a lesser prospect, or one of smith/sarich.

But yes, Merril, 1st, Tallinder would work.

F l a m e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
Paul Gaustad got a first round pick.

Iginla doesn't return one?

LOL
No. Not from the devils in this draft. You didnt even read what I wrote.

They dont need a 35 year old rental for 3 months for their first rounder. Thats fair value for him but I disagree the Lou does this. I dont buy it.

I dont understand why it is all these team are chaffing at the bit apparently to HELP OUT the Flames rebuild.

Maybe some other team gives their first rounder for renting Iginla. Try Nashville. Maybe they will be dumb enough again.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:04 PM
blink

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
That's a very fair offer for Iginla at this point.

Depending on the market for his services (which I expect to be rather large) I think I would take that offer.
I don't think we would do that though. Some posters on here think we can give scraps for Iggy. What they forget to realize is that the market for Iggy will drive the price up no matter what.

If Feaster is smart he waits until the deadline when Iginla is way past his annual early season slump and makes a trade. I honestly don't see the Flames being much more than a mediocre team with what they currently have.

blink is offline   Reply With Quote