HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 3: The one where the Oilers win every trade

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 09:10 PM
awesomo
HARD!

vCash: 500
SJS will wanna shake something up... their hot start is almost completely gone.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:25 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Ya it's amazing how hot the duo of Thornton and Marleau were to start the season... multiple points almost every game and then they went stone cold for 5 games. I see tonight they have a point each in a 6-2 loss.

It's amazing how streaky some players are and realizing that can help put into perspective some of the Oilers current coldness.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:32 PM
MinnesotaFats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
My guesses:

Franson (IIRC we've been interested for a bit)
MacArthur
Steckel
Bozak and Franson are the only guys on that roster that make any real sense.

Bozak is a beast in the dot, something we desperately need to fix. Franson would provide some good D depth, but Im not sure he does much to help this team. We could be much improved with more faceoff wins. This team is terrible at puck control.

Brian Boyle is the guy I'd be targeting.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Spawn

Quote:
If Chris Stewart's consistency issues continue with the Blues, and they make him available(he's an RFA), would you be interested?

I was reading their "Is Chris Stewart back" thread and they went from saying he looks better to putting out an APB on Stewart.

With the Avs he did alot of what we could use now and a few on that board are speculating it could be getting used to Hitchcock's new system.

So would you be interested? I doubt he comes cheap and it won't be picks and prospects mainly going to the Blues?
I would be interested in Christ Stewart, but only as a reclamation project at this point. Too much of a risk banking he returns to form to give up something substantial for him.

Speaking of shake-ups. As mentioned the Sharks have really hit a slide here and looking over at their board a lot of them seem to be at the end of the rope in regards to Clowe. 5 assists in 12 games. Maybe they would be looking to make a move.

It's really too bad that the Oilers don't have that many NHL players that have value that they would actually move.... Maybe Hemsky for Clowe but I wouldn't really be the biggest fan of that.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:39 PM
MIL OIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

Bozak is a beast in the dot, something we desperately need to fix. Franson would provide some good D depth, but Im not sure he does much to help this team. We could be much improved with more faceoff wins. This team is terrible at puck control.

Add bozak and frason to the oilers would be amazing but probably would be a high price tag to pry bozak away from a leaf sweater. And I doubt franson is as cheap as some think.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:46 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Sharks, not unlike the Oilers, are relying heavily on their PP and top line. They're not getting scoring from anyone else not named Couture.

Might be a good time to get Clowe, although I've watched him the last couple of years and he's had some injuries and hasn't been super effective.

Still, he's LW, which would help if we traded Hemsky.

Clowe-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov

Old
02-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Hopkins to Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I would be interested in Christ Stewart, but only as a reclamation project at this point. Too much of a risk banking he returns to form to give up something substantial for him.
talk about expectations with a name like that.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

I'd like Bozak but I don't think the Leafs trade him. Even though they may lose him end of the year.

Franson is a weird one. Defensively on a good day he's average, but he produces offense. He's also somewhat physical. Pairing him with Fistric may make them good enough to be a good third pairing.

Quote:
Stewart would be a good long term move, but I believe they'd want something back. My guess would be something around MPS. I doubt they move Stewart for picks/prospects alone.

02-11-2013, 10:07 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
My guesses:

Franson (IIRC we've been interested for a bit)
MacArthur
Steckel
Franson looked good saturday vs the habs. Would be a huge upgrade over Whitney on the PP and 3rd pairing. I'd trade Whitney and a pick for him.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:10 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

i would rather get gardiner than franson, franson is slow and we could use a great puck mover plus he is good buds with jshultz

Old
02-11-2013, 10:14 PM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█¯█¯██¯█★█¯██¯█¯█╲

vCash: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
Sharks, not unlike the Oilers, are relying heavily on their PP and top line. They're not getting scoring from anyone else not named Couture.

Might be a good time to get Clowe, although I've watched him the last couple of years and he's had some injuries and hasn't been super effective.

Still, he's LW, which would help if we traded Hemsky.

Clowe-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov
Why does everybody wants to trade Hemsky ?

He's been our best forward this year, Hemsky has had only 1 average year in the last 8 years.

Hemsky>>>Clowe.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:17 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
i would rather get gardiner than franson, franson is slow and we could use a great puck mover plus he is good buds with jshultz
I think everyone would, but were trying to be realistic. Gardiner most likely isnt available.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:29 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young View Post
Why does everybody wants to trade Hemsky ?

He's been our best forward this year, Hemsky has had only 1 average year in the last 8 years.

Hemsky>>>Clowe.
No one wants our castoffs. Have to trade value for value sometimes.

SJ needs a scoring winger and Oilers need grit and size

Old
02-11-2013, 10:37 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I think everyone would, but were trying to be realistic. Gardiner most likely isnt available.
i would have said that too and the end of last season but the injury issue and the drafting of morgan reilly make him a bit more expendable than he was 7 months ago. imo of course

Old
02-11-2013, 10:38 PM
MIL OIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I wouldn't say he's untouchable. With rielly no far off in the system wouldn't be surprised if he's available. Leafs are extremly deep on defense baring injury.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Hoogaar23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL OIL View Post
I wouldn't say he's untouchable. With rielly no far off in the system wouldn't be surprised if he's available. Leafs are extremly deep on defense baring injury.
If he were available I would give up a lot for him. Schultz and Gardiner together again

Old
02-11-2013, 10:46 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL OIL View Post
If I'm the Leafs I keep them both, and move Liles when the time comes. If Rielly turns out as good as expected they could have a very scary d for a long time.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Stewart would be a good long term move, but I believe they'd want something back. My guess would be something around MPS. I doubt they move Stewart for picks/prospects alone.
I would give up Paajarvi for him. And something else small. Donno if that is enough for the Blues though.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:02 PM
jmoss45

Really don't want Stewart. He sounds like Penner v 2.0.

I'd rather focus on Clowe, and its possible he's available. His coach wasn't happy the game he flew off the handle against Van, he hasn't scored yet this year and he's a UFA at years end. The thought of seeing someone win board battles then score garbage goals on Nuge & Eberle's wing is too much. I'd move Hemsky for him.

The longer Boyle sits you have to think he's available too. Likely more than a few teams interested though.

Last edited by jmoss45: 02-11-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old
02-11-2013, 11:03 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
I would give up Paajarvi for him. And something else small. Donno if that is enough for the Blues though.
I'd rather keep Paajarvi, but man could Hitchcock make a player out of Magnus. The kid would thrive playing under his system.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
I'd rather keep Paajarvi, but man could Hitchcock make a player out of Magnus. The kid would thrive playing under his system.
Eh I donno. Hitchcock doesn't impress me with his ability to develop young players.

Chris Stewart is young enough to fit into this core and will be an RFA at the end of this year. It would be worth the risk of Paajarvi imo (who despite playing well lately, and I'm a huge fan is a long way from being a legit offensive threat in the NHL).

Old
02-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Hemsky for Clowe and a Dman from San Jose could work. We could waive Potter or Whitney.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Rains

maybe it's me but I just dont see any huge improvements from the leafs. Not too sure who they would want to give up, as their kind a on fire as of late.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Capital J

Did anyone else see the highlight of Stu McGregor sitting with Brian Burke at the Toronto-Philly game tonight?

Old
02-11-2013, 11:46 PM
dnicks17

Franson is barely an upgrade on Whitney even is his current state.

Closed Thread