HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 11: Kings vs. Blues - 2/11/13 - Regulation Win!

Old
02-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Bandit

vCash: 500
So did anybody see what actually happened to Martinez?

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Might have something to do with the fact that he had a Blue and a King standing right in front of him...
CLEARLY he needs x-ray contacts!

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:12 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Woo! Kings!

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
its amazing to see the defensive depth Dean has built. We're about 9 deep in terms of guys that can play at this level.

Voynov needs to start getting more recognition. He is a HELL of a player.
He doesn't

Preferably Dean will only have to give him at most 3 million.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Voynov was a boss on both ends. Using his stick defensively very well. Positionally excellent tonight and WHAT a great skater.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
Pietrangelo was crap today. Doughty rarely plays THAT bad, if ever and is hated more than overrated petro.
Petro is god-esque on hfboards...

I wonder if we'll see a "What is wrong with Pie?" thread

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Norris Trophy candidate.

Penner impressed me tonight. Great assist on the Stoll goal, but just all over the offensive zone just prior to that to make St. Louis scramble.
That's exactly what I saw out of Penner. He's not coming out of the lineup if he keeps that up.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
northernKing

Penner was average tonight IMO. He passed up a very good scoring chance and attempted to make a cross ice path that Gretzky would be hard pressed to complete lol! Also on two seperated occasions did not play the body but instead elected to try and fish out the puck from the opposition. It's hard to watch these types of things when guys like Clifford and Nolan are finishing checks and playing damn good hockey. As for Penners assist on the Stoll goal it was an okay play that was started with Voynov jumping in and making his second great pass of the game!

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
justonetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
So did anybody see what actually happened to Martinez?
I looked back in my dvr and he got ridden into the boards on a dump in, it didn't look like too serious of a play but I don't think he came back after that

justonetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

Penner on the Day With The Cup show... "No, I'll eat that later!"

Old
02-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Voynov IMO has picked up a few of Mitchell's tricks on D. The Kings may be a known entity around the league because of winning the Cup but VV is still going to surprise opponents by how sneaky good he's become.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Pain in the ass trying to watch games traveling abroad. Missed Carter's first goal and Stool's goal because of wifi issues. Thankfully GameCenter makes it easy to find the goal highlights.

Liking Carter more and more with each game, he is the Kings most dangerous goal-scorer since Ziggy. Get this guy a playmaker on his line and he could be 45 goal guy since Kopi is still going to get most of the attention from checkers.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:22 PM
KingsKnight
June 11-12 13-14

Didn't get to see too much of the game since I was at work. I caught part of the second and we looked a little more like our old selves. Good to see we got the win. I hope the way we've played the last two games are a sign of where were headed.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Chazz Reinhold

LOL oh Craig Button. Chances that the Kings make the playoffs: "Very slim." He never passes up an opportunity to hate on the Kings.

Kings are 3 points out of 8th with a game in hand = very slim chance of making the playoffs.

Not to mention the fact that they're rounding into the form we saw last spring.

Craig Button. Real Man of Genius.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:30 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
I'm amazed you thought Penner played poorly. He was moving his feet, out muscling people below the goal line, and making safe plays with the puck. I don't think he made one "bad" play.
He had a couple nice hits, but he blew the 2-on-1 with a pass. I credit him for getting the puck back, but Voynov and Stoll redeemed that poor decision, which I think is a mental issue.

He got another pass later on in the third where he had a decent lead, but the defender got back and stopped him from even getting a scoring chance.

Most of where I feel he played poorly was on decision making and confidence, not necessarily with effort, which is why I'm not opposed to having him continue to play. He can still do a lot more; I just think that we're used to seeing him play worse that the bar's been lowered a bit.

Hopefully that makes more sense, whether or not you agree Maybe there are things I missed, as well.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Petro is god-esque on hfboards...

I wonder if we'll see a "What is wrong with Pie?" thread
I wish. The main board is too obsessed with how bad we are. I counted 8 Kings threads, none of which were started by anyone here...

Great, dominating game. Can't ask for much better than that (the "much" being a S/O)!

Keep this level of play up and all is well. It's especially impressive with all the inexperience and youth on D. As long as Ellerby doesn't play beyond his means, he looks good out there with DOughty!

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernKing View Post
Penner was average tonight IMO. He passed up a very good scoring chance and attempted to make a cross ice path that Gretzky would be hard pressed to complete lol! Also on two seperated occasions did not play the body but instead elected to try and fish out the puck from the opposition. It's hard to watch these types of things when guys like Clifford and Nolan are finishing checks and playing damn good hockey. As for Penners assist on the Stoll goal it was an okay play that was started with Voynov jumping in and making his second great pass of the game!
The thing about getting Penner in there is that the Kings' size, up and down the 4 forward lines is a problem for opponents, just by itself.

The Kings have an ability to grind down and exhaust teams with size, just because of the various big boys in the Kings lineup who can actually skate.

Greene's loss on the back end cut into that advantage, which made the Ellerby pickup a smart, smart move and a very timely move to get back some of the Kings' size factor.

Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Dustin Penner tweet:

Quote:
Thanks for all the tweets. 3 stars tonight. 1:Carter #silkymitts 2:d-core. #mandown get better soon @amartinez_27 3:Le Bernier. #FL-504

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
He had a couple nice hits, but he blew the 2-on-1 with a pass. I credit him for getting the puck back, but Voynov and Stoll redeemed that poor decision, which I think is a mental issue.

He got another pass later on in the third where he had a decent lead, but the defender got back and stopped him from even getting a scoring chance.

Most of where I feel he played poorly was on decision making and confidence, not necessarily with effort, which is why I'm not opposed to having him continue to play. He can still do a lot more; I just think that we're used to seeing him play worse that the bar's been lowered a bit.

Hopefully that makes more sense, whether or not you agree Maybe there are things I missed, as well.
Yeah I get where you're coming from. I probably am handicapping my expectations for him right now. I agree that it's not an effort problem with him. I think it's all mental, and he looked much better in that regard today in my opinion.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:32 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
LOL oh Craig Button. Chances that the Kings make the playoffs: "Very slim." He never passes up an opportunity to hate on the Kings.

Kings are 3 points out of 8th with a game in hand = very slim chance of making the playoffs.

Feeling much better about the Kings' chances now.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

Le Bernier Penner at his best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I wish. The main board is too obsessed with how bad we are. I counted 8 Kings threads, none of which were started by anyone here...

Great, dominating game. Can't ask for much better than that (the "much" being a S/O)!

Keep this level of play up and all is well. It's especially impressive with all the inexperience and youth on D. As long as Ellerby doesn't play beyond his means, he looks good out there with DOughty!
My favorite was... "Worst cup winner since 2005" lol

Old
02-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Keaton tweet:

Quote:
@LAKings Can't wait to get out to the west coast and from what I hear its home to the best fans in the NHL can't wait to see it!

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:

I would be more worried if he said that they will make the playoffs.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:39 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

The refs were horrible in this game. Backes boards Brown and they send Polak to the box instead? They missed the boarding call on Lewis, then Sobotka instigates a fight with Lewis -- and THEN Lewis ends up with the extra penalty which led to the Blues' lone goal. Unexcusable.

With that said, I love beating the Blues. They are the most overrated team in the league. Andy McDonald is a ghost vs LA.

Bernier has earned at least another game in net.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:39 PM
rajuabju

I thought Penner played well, Stoll too. 2 guys we need to pick it up and earn their contracts.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote