HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-05-2013, 07:03 PM
  #26
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Is anyone else WHL LIVE claiming that the game is finished already so making not able to let me watch it?

monkeywrench is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:11 PM
  #27
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,278
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
Is anyone else WHL LIVE claiming that the game is finished already so making not able to let me watch it?
It did that to me too. Its working now though.

I sent them a nasty message on their feedback.

Holy shaky camera Batman.

Just awful.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:23 PM
  #28
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
It did that to me too. Its working now though.

I sent them a nasty message on their feedback.

Holy shaky camera Batman.

Just awful.
Haha that is awesome. Yeah it is not the best camera job but beats the AHL feeds anyday of the week. The Oil Kings are coming out solid tonight.

monkeywrench is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:40 PM
  #29
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,278
vCash: 7000
0-0 after one. Shots are 19-8 Oil Kings. Prince Albert goaltender Luke Siemens has been amazing. Meeting this team in the playoffs would concern me.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 07:49 PM
  #30
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
0-0 after one. Shots are 19-8 Oil Kings. Prince Albert goaltender Luke Siemens has been amazing. Meeting this team in the playoffs would concern me.
For some reason I think Calgsry would put more fear into me! You're right though Siemens has had the Oil Kings number this season.

monkeywrench is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 08:29 PM
  #31
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,278
vCash: 7000
1-0 Raiders after 2. Mike Winther scored from behind the goal line. Bad goal. Brossoit made up for it by taking away a sure goal from Leon Draisaitl with about 5min left in the second.

Dylan Busenius was a good pick up for them. Shots are 33-19 in favour of the Oil Kings after two. Siemens is still playing lights out.

Moroz with a beauty ties it up, but the Raiders score twice to lead 3-1 in the third.

St Croix scores on a 5-3 pp to make it 3-2.

Legault ties it up with six minutes left. Helluva game.

To OT we go.

Leon Draisaitl is a helluva player. 6'1" 198lbs and draft eligible in 2014. Gotta think he will be a first rounder.

Josh Morrissey looking pretty good tonight too.

This is the team to beat (other than the Oil Kings) in the EC as far as Im concerned. Hope someone else does the dirty work for us.

Musil goes top shelf to win it in OT!

What a game.


Last edited by I am the Liquor: 02-05-2013 at 09:25 PM.
I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
02-05-2013, 11:07 PM
  #32
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Great comeback tonight.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 09:17 PM
  #33
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Jarry's poised for another shutout. 6-0 Oil Kings leading the Pats with less than five minutes to play.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 09:22 PM
  #34
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Moroz makes it 7-0. Complete domination.

EDIT: That's Legault's goal now.

Game over. Jarry moves into a tie for top spot amongst goaltenders in the WHL with his 6th shutout.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 09:38 PM
  #35
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Bob Ridley ‏@bob_ridley
So in the @EdmOilKings 10 game winning streak they have outscored the opposition 50 - 11! #notbad #prettygood
Frightening dominance.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 09:42 PM
  #36
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Moroz makes it 7-0. Complete domination.

EDIT: That's Legault's goal now.

Game over. Jarry moves into a tie for top spot amongst goaltenders in the WHL with his 6th shutout.
Looks like they changed it back
Quote:
@EdmOilKings
And just confirmed now the seventh goal was scored by Mitch Moroz - Assists to @backhandsauce07 and @T_Ewanyk
Good to see Gernat pot one too.
And Jarry has more shutouts than losses, that's just crazy.


Last edited by 40oz: 02-07-2013 at 09:50 PM.
40oz is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 10:35 PM
  #37
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,424
vCash: 500
So in a 7 game series who would be favoured between Portland and the Oil Kings?

Spawn is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:02 PM
  #38
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,278
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
So in a 7 game series who would be favoured between Portland and the Oil Kings?
Hard to say. Portland is ranked higher nationally. Oil Kings are the defending champs.

Lots of good teams stand in the way of that matchup.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:35 PM
  #39
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Hard to say. Portland is ranked higher nationally. Oil Kings are the defending champs.

Lots of good teams stand in the way of that matchup.
Of course, but it was the matchup last year and it looks like they are the two best in the league again. Just curious how people more knowledgeable would see a potential series shaking down this year.

Spawn is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:18 AM
  #40
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,278
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Of course, but it was the matchup last year and it looks like they are the two best in the league again. Just curious how people more knowledgeable would see a potential series shaking down this year.
I havent even seen Portland play this year so I wouldnt have the foggiest. The Oil Kings play them on an upcoming road trip towards the end of the month I believe.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:54 AM
  #41
PumpkinBomb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Tonight, Portland vs Kelowna will be very telling, in my opinion.

Calgary's win over Portland the other night is also telling. I think if those teams played again the results could have easily gone the other way, but in a 7 game series Calgary would win, in my opinion. I also don't think Calgary can beat Prince Albert.


So really I think Oil Kings (the way they're playing right now) are the best in the dub followed by Prince Albert, then Calgary and then Portland/Kelowna.

PumpkinBomb is offline  
Old
02-10-2013, 09:21 PM
  #42
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Swift Current is on the verge of ending the Oil Kings winning streak. They're up 3-1 late in the 3rd. The Oil Kings have had a very undisciplined evening. A call-back to their play from earlier in the season.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 12:02 AM
  #43
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,278
vCash: 7000
Oil Kings winning streak stops at 11. They lose 3-1 tonight to the Broncos. Good game. Swift Current played well. Dillon Heatherington probably blocked fifteen shots all by himself. He was a rock. Adam Lowry with two goals and could have had two or three more. Worst game of the year for Henrik Samuelsson. He was channeling his inner Ryan Smyth tonight, taking really stupid/selfish penalties, particularly at the end of the game which pretty much killed any come back attempt. Oil Kings get a week off then play Victoria next Sunday at Rexall.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 12:20 PM
  #44
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
It is a sad game when Daniel Dale had a better game than half of the Oil Kings!

monkeywrench is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 01:41 PM
  #45
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
It is a sad game when Daniel Dale had a better game than half of the Oil Kings!
Meh, don't fret over it. This team is very strong and every team has a let down from time to time.

I wonder what folks here think of our chances of repeating as WHL champs. I think the OKs have an excellent chance of coming out of the east, in that Calgary seems to be the only other team that has much chance of beating us in the playoffs.

Portland is the team I expect to come of the west, but their road to the league final will be much tougher as there is more competition on that side so the chance of an upset is greater.

How confident are you of us repeating? Right now I think it's better than 50-50.

MoneyGuy is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 10:40 PM
  #46
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Meh, don't fret over it. This team is very strong and every team has a let down from time to time.

I wonder what folks here think of our chances of repeating as WHL champs. I think the OKs have an excellent chance of coming out of the east, in that Calgary seems to be the only other team that has much chance of beating us in the playoffs.

Portland is the team I expect to come of the west, but their road to the league final will be much tougher as there is more competition on that side so the chance of an upset is greater.

How confident are you of us repeating? Right now I think it's better than 50-50.
Haha it more was a shot at Daniel Dale I know him from back home, but he is a brutal player.

I think we. have a very solid chance of repeating. Portland and Kelowna are in a weaker conference. Are biggest rodblock in repating will be PA or Clagary I personally think

monkeywrench is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 11:31 PM
  #47
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
Haha it more was a shot at Daniel Dale I know him from back home, but he is a brutal player.

I think we. have a very solid chance of repeating. Portland and Kelowna are in a weaker conference. Are biggest rodblock in repating will be PA or Clagary I personally think
No, our a biggest challenge will be whoever comes out of the west. I'm not worried about any eastern team.

MoneyGuy is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 12:09 AM
  #48
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,278
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
No, our a biggest challenge will be whoever comes out of the west. I'm not worried about any eastern team.
There is lots of hockey to be played and looking past eastern conference teams is foolish. There are more than one or two that could give us trouble.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 04:49 PM
  #49
Sladerx
Registered User
 
Sladerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: YK NWT
Country: Canada
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
There is lots of hockey to be played and looking past eastern conference teams is foolish. There are more than one or two that could give us trouble.
Couldn't agree more Calgary and PA have given the Oil Kings a run for their money all season long. I do believe in the team they have that they can win it all.

Does anyone know if they are playing any more Oil Kings games on Shaw?

Sladerx is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:47 PM
  #50
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladerx View Post
Couldn't agree more Calgary and PA have given the Oil Kings a run for their money all season long. I do believe in the team they have that they can win it all.

Does anyone know if they are playing any more Oil Kings games on Shaw?
March 12th against the Blades

40oz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.