HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2013, 11:02 PM
  #101
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin
 
MillerTime 86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: On a Rock
Country: United States
Posts: 1,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Krug, Knight, and Spooner are all roomies- and if all are healthy I can see them all in Boston before this storm melts
To replace whom?

I think unless the big club gets majorly depleted by injuries, all 3 of these guys will be spending at least this season in Providence, barring a possible emergency call-up.

Not to discredit any of them ... Spooner and Krug have been excellent. But I just don't see where they fit right now with the team relatively healthy and winning.

Next season is going to be tight as well if Chiarelli re-signs Horton and Ference, which I expect he will...

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:50 PM
  #102
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 5,938
vCash: 500
Eh, not so sure. Horton would have to perform at a high level to compel PC to resign him. His concussion history, following on the Savard experience, should give the GM pause.

Ference has Krug and Bartkowski knocking at the door, and, at a significantly lower rate of pay. These must be considered as teams transition to a 64.4m cap. Factor in Tuukka's raise in pay, PC has some challenges.


Last edited by Ratty: 02-11-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:21 AM
  #103
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin
 
MillerTime 86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: On a Rock
Country: United States
Posts: 1,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Eh, not so sure. Horton would have to perform at a high level to compel PC to resign him. His concussion history, following on the Savard experience, should give the GM pause.
Horton is the proto-typical Chiarelli player. Thick power forward who can score. If he can stay healthy this season, I have very little reservation that Chiarelli will give him a new contract, likely at around the same $$ he's making now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Ference has Krug and Bartkowski knocking at the door, and, at a significantly lower rate of pay. These must be considered as teams transition to a 64.4m cap. Factor in Tuukka's raise in pay, PC has some challenges.
Krug is only a half-million less than Ference, with no NHL experience. I don't feel that Bartkowski is in the Bruins' plans, to be honest. I think Trotman sees the ice in Boston before Bartkowski does.

Nobody thought Ference would get the last contract he's playing now ... Since then, we won a cup. My guess is that Chiarelli re-signs him much like Horton (if he stays healthy) ... At around the same $$ he's making now.

----------------------------------------------

Chiarelli likes the group he's assembled and obviously isn't much of a fan of change. I think moving forward, there aren't going to be a lot of openings unless someone forces their way onto the roster ... At which point, Chiarelli will have to adjust the lineup accordingly. And there will always be guys like Aaron Johnson and Jay Pandolfo around making it even harder for a rook to crack the lineup ... PC likes his veteran insurance policies.


Will certainly be interesting to see how things unfold moving forward, but unless another Bourque comes along or a ******* son of Cam Neely appears , doubt anyone will be handed a spot.

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:37 AM
  #104
Rangersfan21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 450
vCash: 500
video of spooner in novice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMspZkR2k7g

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:24 AM
  #105
Kitchener Boy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
Horton is the proto-typical Chiarelli player. Thick power forward who can score. If he can stay healthy this season, I have very little reservation that Chiarelli will give him a new contract, likely at around the same $$ he's making now.



Krug is only a half-million less than Ference, with no NHL experience. I don't feel that Bartkowski is in the Bruins' plans, to be honest. I think Trotman sees the ice in Boston before Bartkowski does.

Nobody thought Ference would get the last contract he's playing now ... Since then, we won a cup. My guess is that Chiarelli re-signs him much like Horton (if he stays healthy) ... At around the same $$ he's making now.

----------------------------------------------

Chiarelli likes the group he's assembled and obviously isn't much of a fan of change. I think moving forward, there aren't going to be a lot of openings unless someone forces their way onto the roster ... At which point, Chiarelli will have to adjust the lineup accordingly. And there will always be guys like Aaron Johnson and Jay Pandolfo around making it even harder for a rook to crack the lineup ... PC likes his veteran insurance policies.


Will certainly be interesting to see how things unfold moving forward, but unless another Bourque comes along or a ******* son of Cam Neely appears , doubt anyone will be handed a spot.
I agree Horton will be resigned but with a little raise maybe, great wrist shot.
Ference not so sure Aaron Johnson is cheap salary cap issues could crop up soon Rask wants some big bucks.

Kitchener Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:48 AM
  #106
Malt
#wpri12steve
 
Malt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalus View Post
Anybody who goes to Prov games have a view on how Bart has looked? Read some quotes from Cassidy that suggest he's playing well. Maybe the 'safer' Ference replacement to start nect year?
I though the played poorly at the beginning of the year, but, for some reason, he got much better after playing with a full cage for a few games after suffering an injury. He rushes the puck up the ice well and plays a physical, honest game.

That being said, I don't see him as a replacement for Ference, who remains underrated after 10+ years in the league.

At this point, I'm interested in the futures of Krug and Trotman.

Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:55 AM
  #107
Malt
#wpri12steve
 
Malt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 720
vCash: 500
Just a reminder to the Jared Knight fans out there: He has played a total of 3 AHL and 2 ECHL games this year with zero points. His goal should be to get healthy and make the "clear day" roster in Providence (it appears the Baby Bs will make the playoffs this year). He's not showing up at the TD Garden anytime soon.

Hopefully, he gets healthy soon. But don't expect him to be in a Boston uniform prior to 2014-2015.

Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:12 AM
  #108
Kalus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Quincy
Posts: 665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
I though the played poorly at the beginning of the year, but, for some reason, he got much better after playing with a full cage for a few games after suffering an injury. He rushes the puck up the ice well and plays a physical, honest game.

That being said, I don't see him as a replacement for Ference, who remains underrated after 10+ years in the league.

At this point, I'm interested in the futures of Krug and Trotman.
Interesting, thanks for the reply. I havent seen him play other than his brief stints with Boston, so I obviously wouldnt know, but from what I read, I figured his speed and decent physical game might give him the edge.

Also, isn't his cap hit basically a third that of Krug. That could be a big consideration next year (assuming he re-signs at similar #).

Kalus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 06:07 PM
  #109
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,076
vCash: 500
I like Krug in general, but Trotman I just don't know. He looked bad last night. He got absolutely undressed on the third Pirate goal, and provided an escort for the scorer (Lane) to the zone too.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:52 PM
  #110
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,076
vCash: 500
PBruins win in a SO @ Manchester 5-4 after blowing a three goal lead in the third.

http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1010558

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:02 PM
  #111
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,477
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
Just a reminder to the Jared Knight fans out there: He has played a total of 3 AHL and 2 ECHL games this year with zero points. His goal should be to get healthy and make the "clear day" roster in Providence (it appears the Baby Bs will make the playoffs this year). He's not showing up at the TD Garden anytime soon.

Hopefully, he gets healthy soon. But don't expect him to be in a Boston uniform prior to 2014-2015.
If he doesn't get the hamstring healed that will be an optimistic projection. However, since I'm on a hot streak with Spooner being in the NHL by March, and Thomas gets dealt to the Islanders for bookkeeping purposes (although I did till my buds it would be a 4th or 5th so was off the mark there but guess it doesn't matter it could have been a first since he's not playing); I'm going to put Knight's ETA* at April 2013.

* is because he has to be healthy and have 10 AHL games in. If he does that he's up. I've had the luxury of going to these games since the mid 60's and having a bunch of great friends who have some good knowledge on what is going on- one in particular who I've known since back in the day when helmets were a rarity, and is a contempory of a few of the boys calling the shots makes me feel my prediction is good take IF the kid can get on the ice.

Boston will be playing an absurb 31 games in 58 days starting March 1 to April 27th....they will likely need bodies. If history shows us anything from the last lockout and pidgeoned schedule its fresh bodies will be needed. Teams averaged nearly 30 playyers sans goalies. I would expect Caron, Sauve, Warsofsky, Cunningham(and Knight if he has 10 games in withouth setback) and others to all be a string of good games and dings up top away from the big leagues.


Last edited by DKH: 02-13-2013 at 08:08 PM.
DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:14 PM
  #112
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,477
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
To replace whom?

I think unless the big club gets majorly depleted by injuries, all 3 of these guys will be spending at least this season in Providence, barring a possible emergency call-up.

Not to discredit any of them ... Spooner and Krug have been excellent. But I just don't see where they fit right now with the team relatively healthy and winning.

Next season is going to be tight as well if Chiarelli re-signs Horton and Ference, which I expect he will...
2013-Spooner next year will replicate Krejci first year in Boston- top 9 insurance capable of playing on one of three center spots should Krejci, Bergeron, or Kelly go down. Like Krejci he'll be 'getting his atbats in as they say' in Providence only a 45 minute ride up the highway.

my Spooner time line

2013- insurance but they'd rather have him down there, call up after season if no injuries

2014- high end insurance- ready to contribute but needs to play and will doing that in Providence until needed and be ready to step right in

2014-15 full time center on one of three lines (Kelly last year of contract if still here will be winger or 4th liner depending on Campbell but will still be valuable and get minutes and I know its a lot to pay a bottom 6 but thats what he is now and Spooner is going to be still making under a mil on rookie contract)

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:48 PM
  #113
Bri
Registered User
 
Bri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I like Krug in general, but Trotman I just don't know. He looked bad last night. He got absolutely undressed on the third Pirate goal, and provided an escort for the scorer (Lane) to the zone too.
Was that his first game back after the concussion?I'd cut him a little slack. I think he's solid...we'll see.

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:47 PM
  #114
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,994
vCash: 500
From Mark Divver on twitter:

Tommy Cross & Ryan Button will play tonight thru Sunday with S. Carolina, barring injuries on D in Prov. & Boston.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:43 AM
  #115
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
PBruins win in a SO @ Manchester 5-4 after blowing a three goal lead in the third.

http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1010558
Ahh, my old buddy Colton "the Brocket Rocket" Yellow Horn.

As far as pure talent goes he is insane. Borderline NHL elite. Work ethic and other things* held him back. Looks like he is 25 now and going to give it a go. Good for him.

*We'll leave it at that.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:46 AM
  #116
PJ StockBB
Registered User
 
PJ StockBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,497
vCash: 500
Kevan Miller

anyone know what's going on with him this year? he had a real nice season last year in the AHL and this year he only has 4 points in 38 games and is a minus 4.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:56 AM
  #117
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,743
vCash: 500
Can someone give me the down low on how Cunningham is playing this year? Is he in the bottom 6 again?

He's from my hometown, so I try to keep a tab on him every once in a while.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:01 AM
  #118
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Can someone give me the down low on how Cunningham is playing this year? Is he in the bottom 6 again?

He's from my hometown, so I try to keep a tab on him every once in a while.

Unfortunately I don't get to watch Providence. Perhaps others can be more specific about his role, but you can track his stats here: http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0

Currently he leads Providence with 47 games played and is tied for fifth in scoring with 11 goals and 11 assists.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:38 AM
  #119
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,477
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Unfortunately I don't get to watch Providence. Perhaps others can be more specific about his role, but you can track his stats here: http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0

Currently he leads Providence with 47 games played and is tied for fifth in scoring with 11 goals and 11 assists.
I have seen him probably 20 or more times the past two years and like his progress. I think he has a chance- high motor, competes really well, pretty good skater, seems to be in the middle of things. Lot to like- one of my favorites...a bit undersized but not that bad.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:13 AM
  #120
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff
 
PlayMakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Krug, Knight, and Spooner are all roomies- and if all are healthy I can see them all in Boston before this storm melts
Wow. I'll be really surprised (and impressed) if that happens.

I could see Krug getting the call, but I think Camper's next in line for a look up front.

__________________
PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:13 PM
  #121
DoubleAAAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Bizarre to me that Sauve looked so unbelievable in the scrimmage, is finally having a healthy year, and isn't producing for crap in P-Town.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:36 PM
  #122
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,477
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Wow. I'll be really surprised (and impressed) if that happens.

I could see Krug getting the call, but I think Camper's next in line for a look up front.
31 games in 58 days from March 1st to April 27th good luck with that....would expect many of the Providence Bruins to get to Boston...if the Bruins can avoid injuries even before they get there in two weeks they'll be doing well.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:15 PM
  #123
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin
 
MillerTime 86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: On a Rock
Country: United States
Posts: 1,932
vCash: 500
With all of 3 professional games under his belt, I would be very surprised if Knight sees any time in Boston this season. Hell, with the way things are going for him I'd be impressed if he could see some time with Providence this season ...

Lots of guys way more conditioned and ready than Knight should the depth and prospect pool need to be deeply tapped.

MacDermid
Pandolfo
Tardif
Spooner
Caron
Sauve
Camper
even Cunningham ...

More than half the snow from the storm already gone at my house

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:20 PM
  #124
Montecristo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
At what point does krug get a call up to energize the PP? They need someone who can distribute the puck. I think him with Hamilton would be effective on the backend on the pp. maybe sit ference and mcquaid once or twice to get some more offense

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:09 PM
  #125
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew
 
Kelly23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 5,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
At what point does krug get a call up to energize the PP? They need someone who can distribute the puck. I think him with Hamilton would be effective on the backend on the pp. maybe sit ference and mcquaid once or twice to get some more offense
Thing is Ference Krug would be too small and they are not sitting Ference unless he scores on Rask himself.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.