HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 11:13 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
How does he push them? The biggest contribution he's had is being Richards wingman at the bars pre-Carter. Richardson is a waste of a roster spot, and at $1.175 mill cap hit, a very expensive one.
I have no idea why Lombardi is keeping him as well.

Richardson is very pricey for a guy that spends most of his time in the press box.

Perfect candidate for the buyout. I would rather see what Anthony Stewart has left(if it's anything).

Or maybe you bring up Vey, he has the most complete game of the Manchester Kids.

He also has a full AHL season under his belt.

Old
02-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I have no idea why Lombardi is keeping him as well.

Richardson is very pricey for a guy that spends most of his time in the press box.

Perfect candidate for the buyout. I would rather see what Anthony Stewart has left(if it's anything).

Or maybe you bring up Vey, he has the most complete game of the Manchester Kids.

He also has a full AHL season under his belt.
buyout? his contract is up after this year.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:01 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

DL has to be shopping RIchardson, he just has to be. That said he simply is an extra forward at this point who we have more than enough talent to due without.

Richardson's name is on the Stanley Cup.

Thank you for your time with us Richardson.

Now, trade or waive.

One of the players who is NHL ready and could be a really good add for us is Kozun. He can skate pretty well and is solid all around. He has pretty darn good hands, is a good finisher and also gets under the skin of opponents.

Don't like Kozy because of his size? Bring up Andy Andy. He hits hard, plays great two way hockey. Pisses people off and is tenacious in every zone. He doesn't score a ton but then that isn't really his thing. Given the choice I would give him another year on the farm but he is a bottom 6er that was an overage draft pick that can play and will likely be a staple of our bottom 6 eventually.

Waive Richardson (trade etc) and we have room to call a kid or two up from time to time if we want without upsetting the apple cart. Cup of tea for a kid now and then is a good thing for everyone involved.

It lights a fire under the butts of the established players. Rewards our kids who are working hard and shows the rest of them that if they do the same that they will get to play at least one game in the NHL and that is every single hockey playing kids dream. Play in the AHL and it is so close you can taste it.

Bye Richardson.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:02 AM
deeshamrock

For what it's worth from Insider Rumors hockey blog

•Hearing that after the NJD/LA Kings trade for Loktionov the 2 teams could hook up again. Hearing the names Penner/Gagne mentioned on LA’s side and Tedenby/Greene on NJ. Still preliminary talks at this point

Old
02-12-2013, 12:07 AM
lumbergh

Can we trade the Islanders a pick for Thomas Hickey back? Please?

Old
02-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Jetteroheller

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post

•Hearing that after the NJD/LA Kings trade for Loktionov the 2 teams could hook up again. Hearing the names Penner/Gagne mentioned on LA’s side and Tedenby/Greene on NJ. Still preliminary talks at this point
I would really like to see Clarkson coming this way from NJ somehow!

Old
02-12-2013, 12:10 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Couldn't argue with any of that, though losing Gagne wouldn't be too welcome, he's played quite well for us. Penner can definitely go, and if he can yield either of those two, I'd be pretty happy with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh View Post
Can we trade the Islanders a pick for Thomas Hickey back? Please?
It sucks that he didn't get a game with us, but he isn't really what we're looking for. I suppose with Martinez out, he could come in handy, but mainly we are looking tall, sturdy, stay-at-home defensemen.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Penner for Greene would be a terrific move, especially if Martinez is out.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:17 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Would be fine with moving Penner, but doubt we'd get Greene in return. Don't know why we'd have interest in Tedenby.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:20 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post

I can't see how NJ deals Greene unless it's for another d-man. He's their #1/2 d-man, having a very good year so far, and a guy like Larsson isn't ready to fill that void. They wouldn't/shouldn't trade Greene for both Gagne and Penner, let alone a possible straight up deal.

Tedenby I can see though I'm not sure LA has use for him. Greene is a pipe dream if the assets are Gagne/Penner.

02-12-2013, 12:41 AM
Ollie Weeks

When New Jersey was last mentioned around here, I got the impression that Penner for Henrik Tallinder had some merit.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
When New Jersey was last mentioned around here, I got the impression that Penner for Henrik Tallinder had some merit.
Overpaid and contract extends to next season. It seems likely Penner will be traded but I'd rather not take that extra year on.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Overpaid and contract extends to next season. It seems likely Penner will be traded but I'd rather not take that extra year on.
My mistake, I thought he was a UFA.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I like to daydream that when we trade Bernier, its to the Islanders for Okposo, and then slot him next to Richards, assuming we continue with Kopi/Carter/Richards as our top 3.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:05 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Either of those players would be amazing to acquire, especially if the only roster players we give up are Penner and Gagne, I say do it.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/mattias_tedenby/

Quote:
Talent Analysis

Tedenby is a very flashy and highly skilled player. He is lightning quick on his skates and can accelerate to full speed in a flash. He is also a tremendous stick-handler with high-end puck-skills. Despite his small stature he is not afraid to get his nose dirty and try to get involved physically and challenge his opponents along the board and in the corners. His size and strength will always be a concern, but his skills and determination should help him overcome that.

Future

Tedenby’s future lies as a dynamic top-six winger who should approach the 30-35 goal mark once he fully matures and reaches his potential. Think of a player in the Martin St. Louis mould
Acquiring both Greene and Tedenby, and only losing Penner and Gagner from the main roster, would essentially plug up the remaining holes. Tedenby is a left winger, it would give us another strong winger youngster at our weakest forward position.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:12 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Tedenby is very unlikely to be a 30-35 goal guy. The guy is barely a .5 PPG player in the minors. He's likely worth a 5th, based on the recent trade values we've seen for similar players (Loktionov).

Old
02-12-2013, 01:18 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Tedenby is very unlikely to be a 30-35 goal guy. The guy is barely a .5 PPG player in the minors. He's likely worth a 5th, based on the recent trade values we've seen for similar players (Loktionov).
Oh I don't expect him to be a big goal scorer or sniper, although he has a great offensive skillset, but I expect him to be a potentially productive player on the wing, I essentially look at him as a more productive version of Trevor Lewis. The AHL stats don't tell the whole story here, the kid has talent, I look at him as an Ellerby option for our wing. I think he will play well under our system coming from New Jersey. Not to mention that Penner doesn't have much value either.... A return of Tedenby is up there with as good as you are going to get for him.

Last edited by Telos: 02-12-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old
02-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

If the Kings move Penner for Tedenby, it would strictly be for cap/roster reasons to make room for another addition and Tedenby would be minor league fodder for Manchester who could use a player like him in their top six.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:27 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
If the Kings move Penner for Tedenby, it would strictly be for cap/roster reasons to make room for another addition and Tedenby would be minor league fodder for Manchester who could use a player like him in their top six.
Perhaps, but I think he would be a good future addition. I've watched him for a while, I think he still easily has top 6 potential, but at the very least he can be a great and productive replacement for Lewis and others on the third line, and he can play either wing. There is no contest, in my opinion, that if you can get Tedenby for Penner, you do it. We win that trade in my opinion, and he will definitely make the team. He has proven to be far more capable in the NHL than Loktionov did, AHL stats don't tell the full story here.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:00 AM
ShattStar03

What's Forbort doing these days?

Old
02-12-2013, 02:09 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
What's Forbort doing these days?
Slowly developing into a big hard to play against #4dman in Grand Forks ND. He isn't ready yet and will take at least a year of seasoning down in MCH before he will be.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:09 AM
bobafettish*

id perfer if the kings accumulate picks

Old
02-12-2013, 04:22 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Slowly developing into a big hard to play against #4dman in Grand Forks ND. He isn't ready yet and will take at least a year of seasoning down in MCH before he will be.
We won't see him for four years at least.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:12 AM
losingsand

I don't know, I'm a richardson fan, he's a versatile player that can be serviceable on 3 lines, can play center, can play wing, can play a skill game, and can play an energy game... Sure he's not going to blow the doors off with his skill or energy, but he's a great plug-in. Kings have gotten lucky healthwise with forwards, think Richardson is a nice insurance policy right now, don't think there's much of a market for him anyway... just keep him in case

Old
02-12-2013, 10:22 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
We won't see him for four years at least.
We'll see him at some point in 2015-2016.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:37 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
We'll see him at some point in 2015-2016.
I agree. He should be getting his call ups (cup of tea's at least) by then. I have watched him play allot more in person this season then last and he is developing at a much faster rate then he had up to this point.

I think he is about half way there today (to being NHL ready) but he is now picking up the rate at which he progresses and I think it is fair to see he will be ready a little sooner than later.

BerniernextRoy. I would have agreed with you at the start of last season but he has come a long way to get to where he is this season. During a recent game against Wisconson DF made several nice moves with perfect cool level headed play in front of his own net for example, he wouldn't have been able to do this past season. His skating has improved significantly (he has always been a pretty good skater) and his play in the corners has improved to where he showed signs of exceptional skill.

He still has a ways to go but he really has come a very long way from last season to this season and if he can continue developing at the same rate 15/16 seems about right to me.

Closed Thread