HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pontus Aberg

Old
02-12-2013, 12:44 AM
thecloser

vCash: 500
Pontus Aberg

Just wanted to know;

1. Did we sing Pontus Aberg to a contract?

2. If so, when do you guys think we'll see him getting a taste at the NHL level. He seems interesting.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:53 AM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Just wanted to know;

1. Did we sing Pontus Aberg to a contract?

2. If so, when do you guys think we'll see him getting a taste at the NHL level. He seems interesting.
1.) He's under contract in Sweden until 2014-15. I don't know how all those things work but, I guess that's the situation there.

2.) 2015?

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:31 AM
NoNecksCurse

he's still really young. seeing how we rushed Smith and wilson, I think it will be a couple of years. the kid is suppose to have a wicked shot.

my guess is poile will be gone by the time Nashville sees him.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 04:54 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

He will be here when he's 24

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:41 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

We rushed Smith and Wilson? Guess I have a different opinion of rushed. We rushed Hartnell and Legwand. Smith was drafted in 09 and didn't play for 3 seasons. Wilson played another season in college and half a season with the Ads before, that's not really rushing to me.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:39 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
We rushed Smith and Wilson? Guess I have a different opinion of rushed. We rushed Hartnell and Legwand. Smith was drafted in 09 and didn't play for 3 seasons. Wilson played another season in college and half a season with the Ads before, that's not really rushing to me.
Agreed.
We haven't rushed a prospect in ages

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:21 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I thought wilson had never seen Milwaukee. still think he was a bit rushed. smith never saw Milwaukee and beyond that... after playing in the NHL, it would have been nice to let him get some time in the AHL but couldn't cause of waivers. he's obviously struggled for a while.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

vCash: 325
If they're in their 20s and played several years of college hockey I don't think that's rushed, in my mind anyway.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:34 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Isn't a bit too early to say whether or not either of Smith or Wilson were "rushed"? What if Wilson continues playing like he has, and improves? Does he go from "rushed" to "not rushed"? Is that even possible? Smith is in his second season. I don't think bringing up his lack of conditioning relative to the grueling schedule of the NHL compared to the NCAA is suddenly unreasonable.

02-12-2013, 03:22 PM
thecloser

ya I watched a highlight video on Aberg last night and his moves and shot are so skilled and nice. He's gonna be a good player if we can get him up around 20-21

Reason I was wondering is because alot of teams are seeing early success from their rookies i.e) Montreal and Tampa Bay; Galchenyuk and gallagher and then Conacher. I just didn't know Aberg's age right now and just thought early on would of been a nice chance to test the waters.

Now knowing his contract situation and age I see why. I still think it'd be something to look ahead to. He seems like he could be a nice sniper for us. I like the pick.

Last edited by thecloser: 02-12-2013 at 11:43 PM.
thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 04:32 PM
predfan24

I personally believe neither was rushed. Wison dominated college and was near PPG in his half season with the Ads and Smith had a great WC's then dominated at prospect camp last year. Neither one might become the first liners we hope for but both will at least be good secondary offensive players.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote