HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Fight Announcements & Rumors - Part VII (Machida/Munoz *Bisping out)

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 08:51 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Imagine he comes back as a monster at HW.
Alistair "The Rumble" Johnson.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:57 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Alistair "The Rumble" Johnson.
More like "The Rumbleman"

Old
02-05-2013, 02:13 AM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
*cue Anthony missing weight at HW and thus WSOF making an actual Rumbleweight*

Its hysterical this guy once fought at 170.
Hahahaha

Old
02-05-2013, 05:28 AM
BGDDYKWL

Also-Pettis set for August 3rd. Venue TBD.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:02 AM
TerminatorBlue

Aldo vs Pettis in August, that is going to be one hell of a fight!

http://www.ufc.ca/news/ufc-aldo-pett...ht-title-fight

Old
02-05-2013, 08:47 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

If it's not in Chicago, I may travel for that one.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Also-Pettis set for August 3rd. Venue TBD.
Please be a FOX card.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorBlue View Post
Aldo vs Pettis in August, that is going to be one hell of a fight!

http://www.ufc.ca/news/ufc-aldo-pett...ht-title-fight
Why are they waiting until August? I thought the whole point was to get Pettis in there soon so he doesn't have to wait for Henderson/Melendez? The winner of that fight will probably be ready to defend the LW title in August.

Should be a great fight though.

Old
02-05-2013, 05:30 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Why are they waiting until August? I thought the whole point was to get Pettis in there soon so he doesn't have to wait for Henderson/Melendez? The winner of that fight will probably be ready to defend the LW title in August.

A bird in the hand, perhaps? Maybe recognizing that Aldo may vacate the division soon?

Old
02-05-2013, 06:32 PM
m9

Quote:

I agree, it's pretty far off. I was also thinking Pettis might want a bit more time to do a test cut to 145. Wish it was a couple months earlier though.

Old
02-05-2013, 09:11 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

vCash: 390
Send a message via Yahoo to yada
comment delete, misread medical suspension list

Last edited by yada: 02-08-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old
02-11-2013, 06:21 PM
BGDDYKWL

Gonzaga-Browne at TUF 17 Finale. Miesha Tate vs. Cat Zingano as well.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Gonzaga-Browne at TUF 17 Finale. Miesha Tate vs. Cat Zingano as well.
Mighty Mouse defends the Flyweight belt against John Moraga as well.

Old
02-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Mighty Mouse defends the Flyweight belt against John Moraga as well.
Flyweight title goes from PPV to Fox and now to FX. Moraga getting the title shot shows how little depth that division has.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Jasper

vCash: 600
Quote:
Flyweight title goes from PPV to Fox and now to FX. Moraga getting the title shot shows how little depth that division has.
I hope it shows that people don't care much for these tiny weight and women fights. I highly doubt anyone here cares about the main event over Machida - Henderson for 157.. but I digress...

Old
02-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
I hope it shows that people don't care much for these tiny weight and women fights. I highly doubt anyone here cares about the main event over Machida - Henderson for 157.. but I digress...
The thing that gets me about the 157 situation is that Henderson/Machida has the chance to be a really great 5 round fight, but we're stuck with a 3 rounder. I get the feeling that this fight isn't going to really pick up until the 3rd round and the fans will be cheated out of what could be a really great 5 round affair. I highly doubt the main event will even come close to being a worthy main event. Hope I'm wrong.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
The thing that gets me about the 157 situation is that Henderson/Machida has the chance to be a really great 5 round fight, but we're stuck with a 3 rounder. I get the feeling that this fight isn't going to really pick up until the 3rd round and the fans will be cheated out of what could be a really great 5 round affair. I highly doubt the main event will even come close to being a worthy main event. Hope I'm wrong.
I don't think you're wrong about the main event not being main event worthy but I really don't think Hendo can last the full five rounds. He was dead after the third round in the Shogun fight. He was only able to go five rounds because Shogun was also gassed and both guys were barely moving at the end. Hendo has also been off for a while and his knee still might not be a 100%.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
I don't think you're wrong about the main event not being main event worthy but I really don't think Hendo can last the full five rounds. He was dead after the third round in the Shogun fight. He was only able to go five rounds because Shogun was also gassed and both guys were barely moving at the end. Hendo has also been off for a while and his knee still might not be a 100%.
Shogun and Hendo were slugging it out from the opening bell though, Machida's fights, especially against strong wrestlers, generally don't go that same way. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the 1st round is more or less a feeling out process between the two. I agree there's a good chance Hendo gasses before the 3rd round is out, or goes all out in the 1st looking for the finish and either succeeds or fails, but it also wouldn't surprise me if we're left hoping for more after 3 rounds.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:30 AM
BGDDYKWL

I'm a little surprised the UFC didn't put more effort into stacking 157. As much as Dana seems to like Ronda, he's really setting the entire women's division up for failure here. This is one of the weakest (PPV) cards we'll see. I have a feeling this event absolutely bombs.

Quote:
As a big Hendo fan I am very happy it's only 3 rounds.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:42 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
I'm a little surprised the UFC didn't put more effort into stacking 157. As much as Dana seems to like Ronda, he's really setting the entire women's division up for failure here. This is one of the weakest (PPV) cards we'll see. I have a feeling this event absolutely bombs.
I like Hendo/Machida, Faber/Menjivar, and Schaub/Johnson. I also don't mind Koscheck/Lawler and Sam Stout's fights are usually pretty good.

Could have used another good main card fight but there are a couple of guys I like on this card.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:23 AM
m9

The card lost the Mendes fight, which hurts. But I don't think you can say it's a weak undercard when it has one of the best co-main events of the year. Any main event worth a lick, no pun intended, and we would be talking how good this card is.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:47 AM
Jasper

vCash: 600
Quote:
I agree, it should be a great fight. Two fighters of this caliber should get five rounds. Especially when the main event will almost definitely go for a few minutes max.

Old
02-12-2013, 08:14 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
The card lost the Mendes fight, which hurts.
Mendes will now be facing Clay Guida at UFC on Fox 7. Mendes should be able to prevent Guida from doing his usual lay 'n pray.

Old
02-12-2013, 08:42 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Mendes will now be facing Clay Guida at UFC on Fox 7. Mendes should be able to prevent Guida from doing his usual lay 'n pray.
I didn't think he could do it against Hioki and win, but now it seems almost impossible. Mendes is better at literally everything but cardio.

Old
02-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

No one has confirmed this yet so I guess it's still a rumour but apparently Dana said Cain/Bigfoot and JDS/Overeem will take place at UFC 160 in May. According to people on twitter, he announced those fights at some press conference he had in Ireland.

Bigfoot just had an impressive win but he also just recently got destroyed by Cain. I don't think he should be fighting for the title next but there really isn't anyone else available. I was a lot more excited for JDS/Overeem before their last fights but I can't complain about that match up. I like Overeem but he really needs to get his **** together before this fight otherwise he's getting knocked out in the first round. He might get knocked out in the first round regardless but if he comes out like he did against Bigfoot, it won't be pretty.

Closed Thread