HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Iginla to the devils

Old
02-11-2013, 10:36 PM
JKreDibLe

vCash: 500
no way am I giving up jon merrill for a rental....that guy has huge potential

ill give up severson and a 2nd

JKreDibLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:53 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Iginla is the Naslund of 5 years ago...both washed up highly overpaid captains of Western Canadian teams who are not very good leaders.

Iginla might be worth a 2nd and a 3rd rounder at this point

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:03 AM
Since1989
Bring Back Sjostrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Iginla is the Naslund of 5 years ago...both washed up highly overpaid captains of Western Canadian teams who are not very good leaders.

You seriously hate Iginla don't you? 1/5 of your posts are bashing the guy. Worth a 3rd round pick? You need a reality check and badly. What is your evidence that he's a bad leader? Have fun being the only guy on this board that claims he's a terrible captain. You either don't know anything about anything or are just an above average troll.

Since1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:10 AM
OpethNJD
loldevils

I like the idea of iginla in nj, but it won't happen without severe overpayment of youth...although his number IS avaliable so I dunno...I wouldn't gut our prospects for him.

OpethNJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:11 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
Devils fan here but I'm thinking the Flames would likely want a young roster player, a good defensive prospect and a pick for Iggy.

Sounds like Josefson, Severson, 1st for Iginla to me....

Flames probably scout the WHL the most and would be familiar with Severson. I also think they would be hesitant on Merrill given his off-ice problems. Flames can't take chances here. I would rather give up Scarlett than Severson but I think the Flames insist on Severson.

I could be way off base here but I think it's a decent return for what might possibly be a rental for us. I just don't think we would pay that much.
Best post in the thread.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:23 AM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Not really interested in Iggy to be honest. Granted the whole rental to a contender is something Lou would do but I look at it like this - The New Jersey Devils have the 9th most cap room out of any team in the NHL. Why trade picks & good prospect talent for a player that is

A) A pending UFA
B) On the wrong side of 30.

Iginla clearly wouldn't have a long term future with the Devils so why even attempt signing him. I would think the Flames would want more then he is worth anyway. Do I have any hardcore proof to back that up? Absoutely not. But I doubt they'll let him go for cheap.

Why not just throw money at Ryan or Perry in the offseason if neither re-resign? The UFA market is a deep one this year - so why not go after a top 6 forward that is younger then Iggy and someone that could commit to the team?

MJMazzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:02 AM
Flamester

Devils have nothing the flames need. Unless they are willing to give up Larson or henrique otherwise flames are Gona pass

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:12 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
Devils have nothing the flames need. Unless they are willing to give up Larson or henrique otherwise flames are Gona pass

Sure, but where are you hiding the time machine that you'll be using to send Iginla back to his prime? He's an aging UFA, he's not coming CLOSE to getting either Larsson or Henrique.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:14 AM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
On no planet does Ignla's value = Larsson. Jarome Iginla is not in his 20s anymore. Kovalchuk got Odyua, Bergfors, Cormier and a first. He's in his late 20s. You are kidding yourself if you believe Iggy would fetch Larsson. Who should be basically untouchable for NJ.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:23 AM
Flamester

I know iggy is getting to that age when the start to slow down but he still an very effective on the first line. But I just can't see the flames trading with the devils if he ever was to become available. The flames would trade with the penguins and flyers who are Stanley cup favorites at the moment.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:26 AM
Flamester

Well then I guess there's no chance of getting iginla . Devils got to give to get and if it means trading away a good young player in order to win the Stanley cup then I think devils would do it . Devils would be automatic Stanley cup favorites and would most likely win the cup with iggy, too much skill up front if that ever happened. Maybe the flames would trade Brodie and iginla for Larson and a first ?

Old
02-12-2013, 02:35 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post

Except for the part where both players are great leaders and were/are key parts of there respective teams.

I hate Calgary (naturally) as a Canucks fan but Iginla will land more than that for sure.

Last edited by spiny norman: 02-12-2013 at 12:08 PM. Reason: nn
Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:40 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Iginla is worth a 1st round pick + top prospect.

And with Lou's negotiating skills, I'll back him to sign up Iginla for at least a couple more seasons.

At his stage in his career, Iginla wants to win and I think he would see New Jersey as a good fit for him, similar to what Kovalchuk did 2 years or so ago.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Devils fan here but I'm thinking the Flames would likely want a young roster player, a good defensive prospect and a pick for Iggy.

Flames probably scout the WHL the most and would be familiar with Severson. I also think they would be hesitant on Merrill given his off-ice problems. Flames can't take chances here. I would rather give up Scarlett than Severson but I think the Flames insist on Severson.

I could be way off base here but I think it's a decent return for what might possibly be a rental for us. I just don't think we would pay that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
That's a very fair offer for Iginla at this point.

Depending on the market for his services (which I expect to be rather large) I think I would take that offer.
Fair offer but no way in hell the Devils give those pieces up, especially the first.

Wen you trade for players like this, it's because your excesses fit the teams need. The Rangers didn't need the guys they traded for Nash, the Devils didn't need the guys they traded for Kovalchuk. That's not the case here, the Devils can't afford to part with what the Flames want. We can't give up promising young forwards because we have few of them, we can give up Severson but he's got a bright future and seldom does Lou trade prospects without letting them develop a bit, and similarly, we can't give up a first round pick because then we lose our next two.

It's bad trading partners unless Lou totally scams Calgary.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:45 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Well then I guess there's no chance of getting iginla . Devils got to give to get and if it means trading away a good young player in order to win the Stanley cup then I think devils would do it . Devils would be automatic Stanley cup favorites and would most likely win the cup with iggy, too much skill up front if that ever happened. Maybe the flames would trade Brodie and iginla for Larson and a first ?
Give up.

There's nothing you can give us that would make it reasonable for both sides in a deal for Larsson, whose playing some of the best hockey in is young career alongside Greene. Why do people continually want to trade for guys whose values they'd never be able to match and the players teams would never give up.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Flamester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Give up.

There's nothing you can give us that would make it reasonable for both sides in a deal for Larsson, whose playing some of the best hockey in is young career alongside Greene. Why do people continually want to trade for guys whose values they'd never be able to match and the players teams would never give up.
Lol well i guess devils ain't getting iggy then.

Old
02-12-2013, 09:13 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

I'd cream for a chance to see an OT lineup of

Kovalchuk Elias Iginla
Greene Larsson

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Quote:
Ah yes, you and your contacts with both front offices

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:51 AM
onefatsurfer
I speak in code

I would love Iginla on the Devils. He is EXACTLY what we need.

onefatsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Sign me up for Tallinder+1st+Merrill for Iggy and a lesser prospect/2nd

I'd do it.

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:42 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
I think you should stop drinking whatever it is that you are drinking. You are either the biggest homer there is or the most delusional fan ever because UFA Iginla is not even close to being enough to pry Larsson away from us.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:51 AM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Once explain to me with logical reasoning how 35 year old Jarome Iginla who has one year on his contract is worth giving up one of our (if not our top) defensemen?

You want Larsson so bad? Ok, give us one year of Iggy, Sven Baertschi and a 2nd. Overpayment? Too bad bub.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:22 AM
CpatainCanuck

Quote:

Have you watched Iginla play this year? He's basically invisible on the ice most of the time. If the Flames could get the kind of return you're suggesting (potentially 3 future roster players) for a 35 year old Iginla I would be shocked.

CpatainCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:28 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
I know iggy is getting to that age when the start to slow down but he still an very effective on the first line. But I just can't see the flames trading with the devils if he ever was to become available. The flames would trade with the penguins and flyers who are Stanley cup favorites at the moment.

Penguins may be bigger contenders than the Devils but the Flyers?? Have you watched any hockey this year?

Also.. not sure why the Flames care what team he goes to, they only care about the return they get. They aren't going to go "Oh! You're a contender, the price for you is just a 1st.. oh, you're barely making the playoffs, definitely not taking your offer of 2 firsts"

Quote:

not sure whats funnier.. dreaming you would get Larsson or that the Devils would automatically win the cup with Iginla.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:43 AM
blink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpatainCanuck View Post
Have you watched Iginla play this year? He's basically invisible on the ice most of the time. If the Flames could get the kind of return you're suggesting (potentially 3 future roster players) for a 35 year old Iginla I would be shocked.
Yes. He is easily the worst "star" player in the league right now. Have you paid attention the last 10 years? Iginla ALWAYS starts out slow out of the gates. Maybe it's a combination of his usual slow start and the fact that his heart really isn't into Calgary anymore. Can you blame him? I certainly can't. He's like Mats Sundin. Who exactly has he had to play with in Calgary?

We definitely won't be giving up that much for the way Iggy is playing right now. You give that up for the intangibles and also for the player Iggy is at the deadline. Obviously a bit of risk involved here but what deal doesn't have risk?

Would I give that up right now for Iggy? Hell no. Would I give that up at the deadline? If I was Lou I'd have to definitely consider it. We have considerable defensive depth so losing Severson won't hurt as much as it would to other teams. The 1st will probably be a late one and Josefson, while showing promise, hasn't lived up to expectations. Possibly a change of scenery would help him.

I said in an earlier post that I think it is still too much for us to give up for Iginla. However, I think Lou would consider it, especially if it gives us an important piece for the Cup run.

blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Wait what ??? Philly ??

Also there is nothing you can add for the Devils to give you Larsson

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote