HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Ribeiro to the Rangers

Old
02-12-2013, 02:36 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
He hasn't done any of that, it's just more ignorant fans stereotyping.

He's been nothing short of amazing in Washington, even moreso when you factor how bad there rest of the team has been. It feels like he's in on over half the goals scored.
Tongue was firmly in cheek on that one.

I'm happy he's playing well for you guys. I said before that I think he'll test the market but he's also the kind of guy that doesn't seem to like change for change's sake. If he likes it in Washington and feels like this season's team (lack of) success is an aberration I could see him staying and having a number of productive more seasons. One of my favorite players while in Dallas. I'm kind of hoping he stays in Washington and does well for you guys that way both teams can benefit long term from that trade. Stars fans are generally thrilled about the play of Cody Eakin.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:55 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrangers View Post
Lol at comparing him to Nash...
More than before I realize how valuable Nash is. The doesn't need to put up points given the room he provides for his line mates and the match ups from defensemen he requires.

Regardless Ribeiro is a bad fit for us considering he is basically just a road block in development for Stepan and JT Miller.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 06:09 AM
dahlenrules

I hope the Caps keep Ribs. If Forsberg/Kuznetsov and or a signed UFA winger can come in it'd really help the top 2 lines.

dahlenrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 06:47 AM
Capathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
More than before I realize how valuable Nash is. The doesn't need to put up points given the room he provides for his line mates and the match ups from defensemen he requires.

Regardless Ribeiro is a bad fit for us considering he is basically just a road block in development for Stepan and JT Miller.
Nash sounds like a poor mans Ovechkin. People consider Ribero the best Capital so far this season. Right now Ribero is like your Brad Richards,different style of player...I'm sure you know this.

Some people like myself just value a ppg playmaking center more than a big winger who makes more and produces less.

The point of the move is to make Krieder,Stephan or whoever his line mates are better. No team can have too many guys like Ribero,he's as proven a second line center as you would find anywhere.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:19 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
Nash sounds like a poor mans Ovechkin. People consider Ribero the best Capital so far this season. Right now Ribero is like your Brad Richards,different style of player...I'm sure you know this.

Some people like myself just value a ppg playmaking center more than a big winger who makes more and produces less.

The point of the move is to make Krieder,Stephan or whoever his line mates are better. No team can have too many guys like Ribero,he's as proven a second line center as you would find anywhere.
That's all well and good, but he has been known as a lackluster defensive player throughout his career. Torts isn't keen on his centers not knowing that side of the puck. I don't think he has an insignificant value, quite the opposite actually, but I don't think the Rangers are the right place to trade for him.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:52 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
Considering how much you traded for Nash, I find it very funny you wouldn't even consider trading a 1st for Ribeiro, since he has consistently out produced Nash year in year out, and would dramatically help the Rangers offense.

I don't even want to trade him as a Caps fan, but Ribeiro is an elite 2C and if he's traded, he will fetch alot at the deadline.
Nash has many years remaining on his deal

Ribs is a Pending UFA

This would be a straight rental job.

Agree that he would help the Rangers offence.

He's a better option at 2nd line center than Stepan is.

The acquisition has to be at the right price for a rental.

A 1st is not a pick I would part with for Ribs, as much as I like him as a player.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

I would entertain the proposal for the right price. Problem is, considering how desperate teams are around the league for offensive support, the bidding will get out of hand.

Ribiero is exactly what we should be targetting though. Pending UFA. Rental. Solid offensive instincts. I like it.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote