HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Kesler

Old
02-12-2013, 03:32 AM
Askel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post

Datsyuk would instantly be the best player in Vancouver. It would never happen because he has a NTC, but here's an idea of the value that would likely result in the Kesler/Datsyuk swap:

To Detroit:
Ryan Kesler
Dan Hamhuis

To Vancouver:
Pavel Datsyuk

That's about it.
Canucks say no. Kesler is younger,cheaper and the difference isnt Hamhuis (our no 2 d-man). Canucks get worse with this trade.

And I know Detroit doesnt do Datsyuk for Kesler, but difference in value isnt Hamhuis. Hell im not even sure I deal Hamhuis alone for 1,5 years of Datsyuk.

Askel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:44 AM
Sayonara77
Farewell Kes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Until he does it again, he's a one hit wonder, is he not? I gave that simply for arguments sake. He's not a perennial 40 goalscoring Selke winner, he's a ONE TIME winner. Moreover, I've yet to insult Kesler or downplay his talents. He's a very good player that I'd love to have.

My post was merely at the thought you referring to him to that moniker in terms of production wise, not goal scoring. Since he's hit multiple 70+point seasons, as well 20+goals over his career. Well, it's true he may or may not hit that 40 goal scoring mark anymore because of the apalling shooting percentage. However, it's not surprising, when healthy he has the ability to be a 30+goal scoring selke winner, who can take over games, and is extremely hard to play against, basically first line calibre. Also Kesler was one of the bigger reasons of why the canucks were a high scoring team that year (along with the sedins/ehrhoff).

The point of the thread is obvious, but none of these proposals make any sense in the canucks perspective.

Last edited by Sayonara77: 02-12-2013 at 03:51 AM.
Sayonara77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 06:47 AM
GoTeamDom

The only team I see Kesler waiving his NTC for is Detroit.

The only player I would want back is Datsyuk.

Kesler and 1st for Datsyuk

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:16 AM
deckercky

If neither is going to sign for the Ducks (I think both will) and the Ducks fall out of contention near the deadline (don't think they will), then Kesler+ for Getzlaf and Perry. Unconventional buyer and seller situation, but I don't think the Ducks would get a signed piece that's ready to play immediately from the typical rental pieces, and giving up Kesler isn't a typical seller move, but it has the Canucks go all out for a run at the cup - can't imagine they wouldn't be favourites at that point.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:37 AM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonara77 View Post
My post was merely at the thought you referring to him to that moniker in terms of production wise, not goal scoring. Since he's hit multiple 70+point seasons, as well 20+goals over his career. Well, it's true he may or may not hit that 40 goal scoring mark anymore because of the apalling shooting percentage. However, it's not surprising, when healthy he has the ability to be a 30+goal scoring selke winner, who can take over games, and is extremely hard to play against, basically first line calibre. Also Kesler was one of the bigger reasons of why the canucks were a high scoring team that year (along with the sedins/ehrhoff).

The point of the thread is obvious, but none of these proposals make any sense in the canucks perspective.
Nope, believe me, I have Kesler pegged as a perennial ~30+ goals/65+ points while playing excellent defensive hockey. I know/agree [with] all of this haha! I live in Victoria... so I know the Canucks better than I'd like to, especially with some of my family/friends being die-hard Nucks fans. So no, I wasn't taking jabs at Kesler.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:52 AM
CpatainCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post
The only team I see Kesler waiving his NTC for is Detroit.

The only player I would want back is Datsyuk.

Kesler and 1st for Datsyuk
No thanks. Datsyuk might be a slight upgrade this year, but he is 34 while Kesler is 28.

CpatainCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:24 AM
wiredmaverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpatainCanuck View Post
No thanks. Datsyuk might be a slight upgrade this year, but he is 34 while Kesler is 28.
I wouldn't do this either because of the age/contract concerns.

But Datsyuk would not be a "slight" upgrade this year. We'd be swapping a top-5 2nd line centre in the game for a guy who a lot of people consider to be one of the top-5 players in the game.

wiredmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote