HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

News From Around the League - Part XXXVIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Oh, Malkin's definitely leaving the burgh. Did you see the twinkle last night?
Dat twinkle brah, you can't stop it once it starts. He want so to secretly play with his best Russian bro in the bright likes of Newark!!!

Old
02-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Mark Fraser is a +5 in the Leafs/Flyers game.

Plus ****ing five.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:23 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

What on earth happened to him this year? Did he take some of Clarkson's magic juice? Last time I remember Mark Fraser he was being rolled over by Gagne in a playoff game and got benched lol.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
What on earth happened to him this year? Did he take some of Clarkson's magic juice? Last time I remember Mark Fraser he was being rolled over by Gagne in a playoff game and got benched lol.
This made me look at his season stats. Through nine games not including this one, he's a +6.

What the actual ****.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quite honestly, he`s always been serviceable, not good enough, but definitely close to reliable. Rarely made a mistake, kept making safe plays. His role fitted him and I`m kind of glad he`s doing well in Toronto.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Man we've come a long way. Remember when Mark Fraser was in our lineup every night? I'd take Harrold 20 times out of 10.

By the way the Mark Fraser files for arbitration thread is one of the best I've ever seen! It might be up there with the Foster must go NOW thread!

Old
02-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Eggers
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Eggers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Quite honestly, he`s always been serviceable, not good enough, but definitely close to reliable. Rarely made a mistake, kept making safe plays. His role fitted him and I`m kind of glad he`s doing well in Toronto.
I don't agree. For a long time he was NEVER making the safe play. He was the 3rd pairing scrappy guy with no skill that would STILL try and make that risky seam pass in his own zone. He worked on it a lot, and by the time he was traded, he was actually impressing people here with his simpler game. I always felt a little bad that he went straight to the minors in Anaheim. Glad he's getting a chance on an NHL team again.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I think in 10/11 Mark Fraser was credited with the most skating errors on the team. I still won't hold anybody's stats or **** ups that year against anybody, but it was interesting.

I remember at one time he was at the top of our defensemen prospects. Though Matt Corrente, and the incredible Tyler Eckford were topping that list too!

Old
02-11-2013, 10:23 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Things sound like they might get a bit ugly for the Blues with a losing streak... and a big chunk of the roster as RFAs this summer

beat reporter for the Blues:

Lou Korac ‏@lkorac10
David Backes: "We just don't have that desperation, that accountability, that responsibility to each other. We've got too many guys out there looking at the stat sheet wondering how many goals & assists, cookies they've got rather than taking a hit to make a play and getting run over so we can get a puck out so that your teammates can have a 3-on-2. It's time to put the boots on and go do it or else pack your bags and go home because it's slowly slipping."

Old
02-11-2013, 10:27 PM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Wow. What a **** storm. Blues indeed.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:29 PM
CerebralGenesis

wow talk about the blues. Didn't see that happening this year. I'd be happy to poach though.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:41 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

The Blues need Halak. Elliott has choked both times he needed to replace Halak when he went down injured. Even Hitchcock himself stated he wasn't happy with the way he was playing. He said he was gonna start the guy they had dressing as Elliott's backup if Halak wasn't ready to go. Halak dressed as Elliott's backup tonight though, and he still went with Elliott.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:53 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
The Blues need Halak. Elliott has choked both times he needed to replace Halak when he went down injured. Even Hitchcock himself stated he wasn't happy with the way he was playing. He said he was gonna start the guy they had dressing as Elliott's backup if Halak wasn't ready to go. Halak dressed as Elliott's backup tonight though, and he still went with Elliott.
Blues had a chance to trade Elliot during the offseason for a nice return since his sock was so high. Thats alllll gone now.

EDIT: haha...sock. I meant stock but thats too funny to change.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Eggers
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Eggers
Eh, two games is a pretty small sample size to damn a goalie forever. Guys like Lundqvist and Rinne and Brodeur have had some stretches of pretty bad games.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:59 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Eh, two games is a pretty small sample size to damn a goalie forever. Guys like Lundqvist and Rinne and Brodeur have had some stretches of pretty bad games.
.849SA% 3.57GAA in 9 games is a pretty bad stretch, and you can tell that this guys fundamentals are off. If I were the Blues I would have definitely traded him since they have Halak and a strong defensive system.

EDIT: Just noticed he re-signed this season, I thought he had a multi year contract that started last season. So obviously my thinking is off. Blues were not going to trade him after signing him, and now his stock is completely gone.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:11 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Elliott is still a pretty good backup. Though his 940 save percentage last year which was a record, and his 9 shutouts I think were really better than he really is.

I'd go with Halak any time though. It still should be a pretty good goalie tandem though when you look around the league. The Flyers have **** for a backup, and like I was saying earlier the Isles use the bench garbage can when Nabby needs a night off.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:14 AM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Dipietro ain't garbage!

Just kidding.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:19 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Dipietro ain't garbage!

Just kidding.
You're right he ain't garbage! He's the can! A plastic can that is!

Old
02-12-2013, 05:36 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
Mark Fraser is a +5 in the Leafs/Flyers game.

Plus ****ing five.
Anomaly. Has to be. Glad he's doing well though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Things sound like they might get a bit ugly for the Blues with a losing streak... and a big chunk of the roster as RFAs this summer

Lou Korac ‏@lkorac10
David Backes: "We just don't have that desperation, that accountability, that responsibility to each other. We've got too many guys out there looking at the stat sheet wondering how many goals & assists, cookies they've got rather than taking a hit to make a play and getting run over so we can get a puck out so that your teammates can have a 3-on-2. It's time to put the boots on and go do it or else pack your bags and go home because it's slowly slipping."
That is a damning quote. I'd be happy to take some of their forwards off their hands.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:20 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Kudos to Backes, it takes guts and respect to make a comment like that one.

I`ll gladly take one of their forwards though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
I don't agree. For a long time he was NEVER making the safe play. He was the 3rd pairing scrappy guy with no skill that would STILL try and make that risky seam pass in his own zone. He worked on it a lot, and by the time he was traded, he was actually impressing people here with his simpler game. I always felt a little bad that he went straight to the minors in Anaheim. Glad he's getting a chance on an NHL team again.
Maybe I just remember the positives, because I wanted to remember him that way.

You`re right, he got better with time so the word "always" was inappropriate.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:56 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Tarasenko please........

Old
02-12-2013, 07:21 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

the langenbrunner curse continues..

Old
02-12-2013, 07:31 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
wow talk about the blues. Didn't see that happening this year. I'd be happy to poach though.
Especially after the 6-0 demolition of the Wings early in the season that seemed to signal a changing of the guard. Instead the Wings have confounded the experts almost as much as we have by continuing to roll on post-Lidstrom/Holmstrom/Stuart and the Blues haven't built on last year as much as I thought they would.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Richer's Ghost
You are reading this

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
the langenbrunner curse continues..
maybe we'll luck out and after the hip surgery heals up he'll end up on the Rangers.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
02-12-2013, 07:52 AM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post

Lou Korac ‏@lkorac10
That sounds like a Devil quote. Twinkle in his eye, hussle bussle, Do it Lou!

Closed Thread