HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The utter nonsense of blaming anyone but Steve Tambellini.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:34 AM
Baggers

vCash: 500
Ahh... Revisionist history... My favorite kind!

So, Tambellini's done a crap job.

Let's look at the Oilers before he took over. Pronger gutted the organization when he left, players like Heatley and Nylander('s wife) refused to come here, K. Lowe made the organization look Mickey Mouse with his handling of the Comrie situation (which, had he not done, would have led to the Oil having Corey Perry right now), and due to 15-20 years of drafting ineptitude (Barry Fraser anyone?) and the EIG's "brilliant" decision to not have a farm team, the team was full of overpaid, sub par veterans with few quality prospects in the system.

In his time as GM, he's cleared out most of the entitled, crappy vets like Moreau, brought in 5 players that have the potential to be world-class players and ignored the urge to trade away players like Gagner, Dubnyk and Smid when a lot of posters on the board were calling for them to be traded/discarded.

Could he have made more trades? Who knows? Generally, in order to acquire a decent asset you can't just bundle up a bunch of your team's crap and expect to get a good return. Let's face it - this team hasn't had a lot of quality assets to work with.

I'm not saying he's anywhere in the vicinity of flawless. The Brodziak trade was horrible, as was the signing of Khabibulin, but considering where the franchise is vs, where it was 5 years ago, I wouldn't say that Tambellini has done the worst job.

Baggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:05 AM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Don't make me get all Brian Burke on you "they won a ****ing lottery"

the pens don't count they ridiculously lucky.
Oh that one doesn't count?

Ok is this one close enough for you?

Phillidelphia Flyers 2006-07 season- 56 points (dead last in the league but drafted 2nd overall)
2007-08 season- 95 points (Went to the Eastern conference final)

Burnt Biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:29 AM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

Oilers won 4 lotteries... three 1sts and the Justin Schultz sweepstakes.

In this shortened, more random season anything can happen so seeing the Oilers as a playoff team isn't that far-fetched just like the SC champs are no lock to even make the playoffs again this season.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:41 AM
Everlasting

Meh. This was obvious 2 seasons ago, and even more obvious last season.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:33 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
Ahh... Revisionist history... My favorite kind!

So, Tambellini's done a crap job.

Let's look at the Oilers before he took over. Pronger gutted the organization when he left, players like Heatley and Nylander('s wife) refused to come here, K. Lowe made the organization look Mickey Mouse with his handling of the Comrie situation (which, had he not done, would have led to the Oil having Corey Perry right now), and due to 15-20 years of drafting ineptitude (Barry Fraser anyone?) and the EIG's "brilliant" decision to not have a farm team, the team was full of overpaid, sub par veterans with few quality prospects in the system.

In his time as GM, he's cleared out most of the entitled, crappy vets like Moreau, brought in 5 players that have the potential to be world-class players and ignored the urge to trade away players like Gagner, Dubnyk and Smid when a lot of posters on the board were calling for them to be traded/discarded.

Could he have made more trades? Who knows? Generally, in order to acquire a decent asset you can't just bundle up a bunch of your team's crap and expect to get a good return. Let's face it - this team hasn't had a lot of quality assets to work with.

I'm not saying he's anywhere in the vicinity of flawless. The Brodziak trade was horrible, as was the signing of Khabibulin, but considering where the franchise is vs, where it was 5 years ago, I wouldn't say that Tambellini has done the worst job.
I suppose when you've taken a franchise so far into the ground like Steve has I guess there is no where to go but up.

Speaking of track records lets look at Steve's. Passed over many times in Vancouver, brought in to Edmonton to lead us through 4 coaches, a revolving door of role players and GM'd the worst team since the lockout with an astounding record of 30th,30th and 29th.

but don't worry, we're going to be a powerhouse. Everybody apparently thinks that now we've drafted 3 players that dark days are over .

The holes are huge on this team. I mean if it wasn't for devan we'd be last in the league. just a matter of time before he is fired and Mact takes the reigns sadly.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:36 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post

Phillidelphia Flyers 2006-07 season- 56 points (dead last in the league but drafted 2nd overall)
Nope, all rebuilds require last place over and over again. its always 5 year plans.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:42 AM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post

Fair enough, the one year turnaround is less common and harder to pull off though. Obviously it's been multiple years here for Tambo we are not talking about a one year turnaround anymore. Alot of people are calling this season a fail already I'm not though we still have 75% of the season to play who knows how we'll finish

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:59 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Never mind the fact the Flyers signed Briere to a monster deal and Giroux hadn't arrived just yet...

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 04:12 AM
Paralyzer008

Stop. Just stop.

We are in a REBUILD.

I'm not truly judging Steve Tambellini until seeing how he does when we actually go for the wins. You could argue we started this summer. His first impression is terrible (almost picked up Heatley while dealing Smid, Khabibulin deal) but we'll see.

So far, in the first year of us actually trying to win (not counting Yakupov):
-Nick Schultz for Tom Gilbert
-Signed Justin Schultz
-Re-signed Ryan Smyth
-Re-signed Darcy Hordichuk
-Re-signed Gagner/Dubnyk to short term deals
-Extended Hall and Eberle long term
-Traded for Mark Fistric

I'm judging those moves and future moves to fully make a decision regarding Tambellini. So far since last deadline, everything's looking good for the most part, other than Smyth/Hordy. I think it's more of an impatience to look at the last three years and get angry, we are/were in a rebuild and everyone needs to understand that. Our kids had to develop, and meanwhile, Tambo looked for roster fillers/hidden gems to try to find a useful guy (example, if Barker rebounded, maybe that accelerated the rebuild a bit. It failed, but he tried). That failed, but whatever, the point was the kids getting some experience. Now that Harty and Paajarvi and most of our kids are in the lineup, we'll get to see the real Tambellini as he makes moves to try and win.

If he makes bad moves, then I'll jump onto the fire wagon quickly. If not, I'll probably point and laugh at the doubters as our team makes the postseason. Should be interesting from now until April 3.

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:07 AM
McArthur

The only thing I'm blaming Tambo for is being patient. And with more time I'm sure I won't be able to fault him with it considering what it will cost to ice a perennial powerhouse as opposed to a flash in the pan.

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:19 AM
Baggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
I suppose when you've taken a franchise so far into the ground like Steve has I guess there is no where to go but up.

Speaking of track records lets look at Steve's. Passed over many times in Vancouver, brought in to Edmonton to lead us through 4 coaches, a revolving door of role players and GM'd the worst team since the lockout with an astounding record of 30th,30th and 29th.

but don't worry, we're going to be a powerhouse. Everybody apparently thinks that now we've drafted 3 players that dark days are over .

The holes are huge on this team. I mean if it wasn't for devan we'd be last in the league. just a matter of time before he is fired and Mact takes the reigns sadly.
So what moves were out there that would have improved the team without gutting the team's future?

Edmonton is not Philadelphia. Given the choice between -40 Januaries in a "big small town" with very little in entertainment options and a fishbowl environment and a major US city, most players are going to go with the latter option.

Oilers brass correctly identified that the only way for the team to acquire high end talent was to tank, acquire high end talent through the draft, provide an atmosphere where the players would want to stay and lock them up to long term deals.

Losing has sucked the past few years, but I still maintain that not only was this planned, it was the right plan.

As another poster has already noted, starting now is the time to assess Tambellini. If he can't fill the roster out while stating under the cap, he needs to go, but blaming him for the past few years is blindingly ignoring the multitude of factors that led to the team being the crap job that it's been the past few years.

As far as Tambellini being passed over goes, Bill Belichick was once sacked by the Cleveland Browns (another model of organizational ineptitude). It happens.

Baggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:20 AM
Sheikyerbouti

I don't think it's fair to just say we are in a rebuild because we've been picking top ten for a long time. During that period our management has not had a discernible vision for the team, and not shown the ability to fix holes.

The perfect example is toughness. We've gone from Tamby saying they wanted a nuclear option in the line-up to waiving Hordichuk. To me that says there is a lack of direction. During that period we drafted Abney, and went through several tough guys, now it seems the philosophical direction on the topic has completely reversed.

After the cup run, we were a team with strong center depth and character role players. In our hunt for goal scorers, we created huge voids out of former strengths.

Tamnby said we are going to become tougher to play against, leading to guys like JFJ playing on the top line, the next year we were bringing in omark and lander and trying to ice an offensive line-up

We've gone from needing O-Dmen to D-Dmen

There's so many examples of it

Edit: that said, i still think we are a playoff team or close to it this year, but next season some astute moves are going to be needed and more when the cap crunch comes.

Sheikyerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:28 AM
fuswald
I'd Be Fired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Stop. Just stop.
So far, in the first year of us actually trying to win (not counting Yakupov):
-Nick Schultz for Tom Gilbert
-Signed Justin Schultz
-Re-signed Ryan Smyth
-Re-signed Darcy Hordichuk
-Re-signed Gagner/Dubnyk to short term deals
-Extended Hall and Eberle long term
-Traded for Mark Fistric
Not blaming Tamellini for players playing poorly but this is all he has done and it is questionable he actually did all of it. Picking first place is not something to brag about, would say exactly the opposite.

YaKupov statement is a joke. Wow, we sucked so bad we got a great pick. And the first year actually trying to win? You mean he can brag about how he tried to lose? Put that on a resume.
-Nick Schultz for Tom Gilbert = questionable deal, Tom wasn't junk. High scoring breakout defenseman for a stay at home? Poor deal easy deal.
-Signed Justin Schultz = some players made this happen from what I read. A gift.
-Re-signed Ryan Smyth = Ryan Smyth likely wanted to be here to finish his career. Ryan chose not Tambo
-Re-signed Darcy Hordichuk = nobody wants him he will be on waivers soon
-Re-signed Gagner/Dubnyk to short term deals = couldn't pull off a decent deal so had no choice but to go short term. Now what will it cost to get them long term. Reduced trade value with no contract.
-Extended Hall and Eberle long term = huge gazillion dollar contracts for a reasonable showing. Ooo must be tough. Paid the approximate worth. Agents decided this one. Long term for Hall is nice though.
-Traded for Mark Fistric = wow I bet there was huge demand for Fistric. This stay at home slamming defenseman shows how easy it is to get one. Tom Gilbert gone for a stay at home. Bogus.

Manegment is poor on the oilers. With the core we have and some trades we may pull out of the basement. There is no excuse to fail anymore. Time will tell for the team but Tambellini has done NOTHING special at all. Rebuilding is the excuse to explain sucking.

Manegement:
Hey, we're rebuilding for 5 or 6 year plan.
Realy means:
Don't fire me just yet. Wait 5 or 6 years (after already sucking for 2 years). If we suck real bad maybe we can get better with the draft. That way we don't even need to figure who to take, pick the top choice.

Anything else to add to Tambellinis accomplishments? Maybe awesome coaching catch?

Last edited by fuswald: 02-12-2013 at 08:35 AM.
fuswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:41 AM
fuswald
I'd Be Fired

And is Tamellini better than Lowe? Don't think we better get into Lowes accomplishments.

I Am Liquor would do much better than our present management and I don't even know who he is but judging from his avatar he is no nonsense get it done kind of ... .

fuswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Belcriss
McDavid Sweepstakes!

Send a message via Skype™ to Belcriss
Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
The only thing I'm blaming Tambo for is being patient. And with more time I'm sure I won't be able to fault him with it considering what it will cost to ice a perennial powerhouse as opposed to a flash in the pan.
Complete agree. Tambo said many off seasons he wasn't going after big name FA's. The Oilers have had it proven to them many times that players don't want to come to Edmonton, for weather related issues and player's wives preference. The one time the Oilers won the FA sweepstakes, it was Sheldon Souray. Need I say more?

To all the despairing fans on this board, your going to have to live with it. Tambo has said many times he isn't going to trade valuable draft picks and for instant gain. That the Oilers will build from within, with a core group of guys, and weed out the ones that they don't want. Maybe some Oiler fans can take some solace in this: Justin Schultz came here because he liked what he saw in Edmonton, and liked the core that is being assembled. He won't be the only player to come to that conclusion.

I think, that the problems on the ice are more from sloppy play, not working as a team, and a lack of physicality. This team, especially the first line, want to run and gun, and not muck it out. The other game against Vancouver, how many times did the first line PP try to carry the puck in, rather than dump and chase? Vancouver isn't the only team that knows the Oilers don't want to engage physically. Our young players have to start to do that, not just score the pretty goals, but crash and get the ugly ones. Also, how many times have I seen a player pass up a shot, for a pretty pass, that gets intercepted and goes the other way. Tambo has the right pieces on this team to make the playoffs. The players have to execute, and improve. Finally, three centers hurt at once, including our two best out for extended games. Oilers injury luck has to improve. Badly.

Belcriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikyerbouti View Post
I don't think it's fair to just say we are in a rebuild because we've been picking top ten for a long time. During that period our management has not had a discernible vision for the team, and not shown the ability to fix holes.

The perfect example is toughness. We've gone from Tamby saying they wanted a nuclear option in the line-up to waiving Hordichuk. To me that says there is a lack of direction. During that period we drafted Abney, and went through several tough guys, now it seems the philosophical direction on the topic has completely reversed.

After the cup run, we were a team with strong center depth and character role players. In our hunt for goal scorers, we created huge voids out of former strengths.

Tamnby said we are going to become tougher to play against, leading to guys like JFJ playing on the top line, the next year we were bringing in omark and lander and trying to ice an offensive line-up

We've gone from needing O-Dmen to D-Dmen

There's so many examples of it

Edit: that said, i still think we are a playoff team or close to it this year, but next season some astute moves are going to be needed and more when the cap crunch comes.
This is due to the evolution of the game in general, and changes to the rulebook. Tambo is adjusting as he should. The era of the coke machine is ending if it hasn't already. The age of the gritty player who has skills has begun. Unfortunately they aren't a dime a dozen, so are a hot commodity. Notice on the board on how many posters are always saying that we need a Lucic type player...they're right, but those players are few and far between. They are the types that are wanted in this new NHL. Hordichuk just wasn't skilled enough to justify his spot.

Booya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Narnia was right. Edmonton fans couldnt handle a rebuild. Maybe instead of whining why the team isnt a cup contender RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!! you could just be patient and support the team, and let the rebuild, who pretty much everyone was asking for, run its course...........
LOL Edmonton fans are not patient. LOL LOL LOL

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuswald View Post
Not blaming Tamellini for players playing poorly but this is all he has done and it is questionable he actually did all of it. Picking first place is not something to brag about, would say exactly the opposite.

YaKupov statement is a joke. Wow, we sucked so bad we got a great pick. And the first year actually trying to win? You mean he can brag about how he tried to lose? Put that on a resume.
-Nick Schultz for Tom Gilbert = questionable deal, Tom wasn't junk. High scoring breakout defenseman for a stay at home? Poor deal easy deal.
-Signed Justin Schultz = some players made this happen from what I read. A gift.-Re-signed Ryan Smyth = Ryan Smyth likely wanted to be here to finish his career. Ryan chose not Tambo-Re-signed Darcy Hordichuk = nobody wants him he will be on waivers soon-Re-signed Gagner/Dubnyk to short term deals = couldn't pull off a decent deal so had no choice but to go short term. Now what will it cost to get them long term. Reduced trade value with no contract.-Extended Hall and Eberle long term = huge gazillion dollar contracts for a reasonable showing. Ooo must be tough. Paid the approximate worth. Agents decided this one. Long term for Hall is nice though.
-Traded for Mark Fistric = wow I bet there was huge demand for Fistric. This stay at home slamming defenseman shows how easy it is to get one. Tom Gilbert gone for a stay at home. Bogus.
Manegment is poor on the oilers. With the core we have and some trades we may pull out of the basement. There is no excuse to fail anymore. Time will tell for the team but Tambellini has done NOTHING special at all. Rebuilding is the excuse to explain sucking.

Manegement:
Hey, we're rebuilding for 5 or 6 year plan.
Realy means:
Don't fire me just yet. Wait 5 or 6 years (after already sucking for 2 years). If we suck real bad maybe we can get better with the draft. That way we don't even need to figure who to take, pick the top choice.

Anything else to add to Tambellinis accomplishments? Maybe awesome coaching catch?
- Tom Gilbert was not a high scoring defenseman lol (he had 22 pts last year ), and he was traded for a stay at home defenseman that we needed with the emergence of Petry's play.
- It was Krueger who convinced Schultz to sign...the coach that was given the job by you guessed it...Tambo.
- Smyth wanted to come back home to raise his family here, as was quoted by him numerous times.
- At the time it seemed like a good idea...however the game is changing and you need players who are gritty but ALSO have skill. Lesson learned.
- Short contracts for Gags and Dubie were the right thing to do. Duby hadn't proved himself at that point, and Gags wasn't progressing. He gave them contracts to prove themselves, and they are. Good on them.
- Anyone and everyone who is an Oiler fan were praising that he locked up Ebs and Hall with what they got. Not sure why you're critical of it, and it seems like you're just looking for something to complain about.
- Anyone and everyone who is an Oiler fan raved about getting Fistric. A hometown boy that's a crusher, good on the PK, and doesn't get many penalties - a great signing altogether, and a needed addition.

We are rebuilding because we had to...deal with it because we're not done yet.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Beerfish

A GM's job is much more than giving the troll grin as you get the 1st pick overall in the draft and making that pick. Being patient is fine, he is doing that with the young players who are our best players. He has totally and utterly failed to provide quality pieces behind the tip line young players. He has totally failed in getting a long term coach.

Don't worry though he will start making moves this year. I've said it before in the draft spec threads. the Oilers will not have a 1st round pick next year when all is said and done.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
A GM's job is much more than giving the troll grin as you get the 1st pick overall in the draft and making that pick. Being patient is fine, he is doing that with the young players who are our best players. He has totally and utterly failed to provide quality pieces behind the tip line young players. He has totally failed in getting a long term coach.

Don't worry though he will start making moves this year. I've said it before in the draft spec threads. the Oilers will not have a 1st round pick next year when all is said and done.
You forgot the "IMO" on this part. Krugs has only coached 12 games so far...how about giving him a bit more of a chance first?

Old
02-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Beerfish

Tom Gilbert was not a high scoring defenseman lol (he had 22 pts last year ), and he was traded for a stay at home defenseman that we needed with the emergence of Petry's play.

Gilbert is better than the older Schultz thus we lose that trade. Nick Schultz has been a substantial disappointment overall.

- It was Krueger who convinced Schultz to sign...the coach that was given the job by you guessed it...Tambo.

Yeah right, it was Krueger, by the sounds of the last game on tv it was more Sam Gagner that was responsible for Schutlz being here than the coach.

- At the time it seemed like a good idea...however the game is changing and you need players who are gritty but ALSO have skill. Lesson learned.

This one is the perfect quote for all our foibles.....at the time it seemed like a good idea. That makes all the difference in the world.

- Anyone and everyone who is an Oiler fan were praising that he locked up Ebs and Hall with what they got. Not sure why you're critical of it, and it seems like you're just looking for something to complain about.

Nonsense, not everyone thought it was a good deal, especially with the cap going down and new owner friendly rules in place.

- Anyone and everyone who is an Oiler fan raved about getting Fistric. A hometown boy that's a crusher, good on the PK, and doesn't get many penalties - a great signing altogether, and a needed addition.

This was a good move no doubt about it though fistric is just another okay dman, not great, a slightly better Peckham perhaps. By no means does it solve our D problem.

You have posed the eternal answer with we are rebuilding we are not done. I will propose the eternal question when will we be done? As in when can we put even a shred of expectation on this team rather than give them a total free ride. that is the question that needs answering.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Tom Gilbert was not a high scoring defenseman lol (he had 22 pts last year ), and he was traded for a stay at home defenseman that we needed with the emergence of Petry's play.

Gilbert is better than the older Schultz thus we lose that trade. Nick Schultz has been a substantial disappointment overall.
Seriously?

I'll chalk this up to "highly suggestive", because by all accounts, Schlutz has actually been quite good in his role as a defensive defenseman, and the numbers bear that out.

Don't know which Nick Schultz you've been watching.

Ol' Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:

Yeah right, it was Krueger, by the sounds of the last game on tv it was more Sam Gagner that was responsible for Schutlz being here than the coach.

This one is the perfect quote for all our foibles.....at the time it seemed like a good idea. That makes all the difference in the world.

Nonsense, not everyone thought it was a good deal, especially with the cap going down and new owner friendly rules in place.

This was a good move no doubt about it though fistric is just another okay dman, not great, a slightly better Peckham perhaps. By no means does it solve our D problem.

You have posed the eternal answer with we are rebuilding we are not done. I will propose the eternal question when will we be done? As in when can we put even a shred of expectation on this team rather than give them a total free ride. that is the question that needs answering.
- As far as the Schultz vs. Gilbert who is better debate...what type of defenseman are we using as a comparison (defensive or offensive) ?

- Justin was quoted as saying how talking to Krugs about the team they're building gave him goosebumps...Krugs is a professional motivational speaker in case you forgot...

- Really? Were you against the signings of Ebs and Hall?

- Fistric helps solve at least one problem which is better than nothing. I still say it was a good move.

- As far as when it will be done (rebuilding)? Well it was a 5 year plan, was it not? It could be said that 2010-2011 was the first year. That would make the 2015-16 season when we should be done. Unfortunately Oiler fans have short memories, and even less patience. Like i said...as fans we just need to deal with it, because it 'aint done yet.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:42 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
- As far as the Schultz vs. Gilbert who is better debate...what type of defenseman are we using as a comparison (defensive or offensive) ?

- Justin was quoted as saying how talking to Krugs about the team they're building gave him goosebumps...Krugs is a professional motivational speaker in case you forgot...

- Really? Were you against the signings of Ebs and Hall?

- Fistric helps solve at least one problem which is better than nothing. I still say it was a good move.

- As far as when it will be done (rebuilding)? Well it was a 5 year plan, was it not? It could be said that 2010-2011 was the first year. That would make the 2015-16 season when we should be done. Unfortunately Oiler fans have short memories, and even less patience. Like i said...as fans we just need to deal with it, because it 'aint done yet.
When has anybody said it was a 5 year plan? I've never heard Katz or Tamby or Lowe say this, I looked on google and no quotes of this "plan" ever come up.

The quote I actually remember was Katz saying was we don't plan on being here again after we drafted Hall.

There was/is no plan. You and some other fans need to stop being blind to ineptitude of our management. Falling ass backwards into good players isn't something to brag about.

Teams with 1/10 the talent we have, have but up better results. Steve's revolving door of FA's have been one failure after other, constantly performing worse then where they come from. (The exception of maybe 1-2).

Every year its the same problems, and what do we do? we hire guys that were fired, promote guys that we're part of 30th place teams, pick up other teams scrap players.

I am tired of tambellini, i gave him a chance 2 years ago. I understood the predicament that he faced concerning the fall out of 06'. I've watched this merry go round for 3 years now and its the same issues.

This isn't about patience is about common sense and accepting reality. Steve isn't the guy thats going to lead this team to glory, he has done his job of sucking and getting us (undeservingly) good players.

After this season hope he gets canned and for the love of god we hire somebody outside the organization that actually has had some success.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
When has anybody said it was a 5 year plan? I've never heard Katz or Tamby or Lowe say this, I looked on google and no quotes of this "plan" ever come up.

The quote I actually remember was Katz saying was we don't plan on being here again after we drafted Hall.

There was/is no plan. You and some other fans need to stop being blind to ineptitude of our management. Falling ass backwards into good players isn't something to brag about.

Moose Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote