HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Would you guys sacrifice Galchenyuk for O'Reilly?

Because I think that's the type of return the Avs would want.

Old
02-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post

Then they are absolutely mad.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Madevilz

Quote:

dude is worth a 3rd overall?

Old
02-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Not even close.

We'd have to give RoR Plekanec's money by the sounds of it. Do you want RoR over Plekanec ?

Old
02-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Then they are absolutely mad.
That's what they'll ask. Think for a minute, O'Reily is a Top line center, a good physique with talent to boot. Those don't come every day. There's a reason he's asking for so much money.

That depends with what we want, what we need in present time. If we want a top center right away we could sacrifice Gally for him. Or we could wait and see if Gally pan out.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Not even close.

We'd have to give RoR Plekanec's money by the sounds of it. Do you want RoR over Plekanec ?
Of course, not question about it, given his size, age and style of play.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Dharvey33

Galchenyuk has elite talent O'reilly hasn't as simple as that. You don't trade a 3rd overall that could have been 1st if he wasn't injured for anything you just wait and see in what he becomes.

I'm pretty sure Galchenyuk and Price are untouchables right now

Old
02-11-2013, 09:02 PM
rockjngo

I would offer Louis Leblanc and a roster player like Lars Eller if we can land Ryan O'Reilly and a 2nd round pick.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Aceekay

Quote:

In their wet dreams is o'reilly worth galchenyuk, guy gets 55 points which is good for a 2nd line two way centre. But the fact of the matter is no one is going to trade significant pieces for him because he may drop in offensive production, not saying he will but one good season isn't enough to get you the 3rd overall pick

Old
02-12-2013, 04:34 AM
Beendair Donedat

To Montreal: Sheldon Brookbank and Bryan Bickell

To Chicago: Travis Moen, Yannick Weber

Habs acquire some much needed size on the blueline and a decent right hand winger. Hawks get a solid veteran that can contribute and a depth puck moving defenseman.

Lines:
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Eller-Desharnais- Cole
Pac - Galchenyuk- Gallagher
Prust - White - Bickell

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Brookbank - Diaz
Bouillon

Old
02-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
That's what they'll ask. Think for a minute, O'Reily is a Top line center, a good physique with talent to boot. Those don't come every day. There's a reason he's asking for so much money.

That depends with what we want, what we need in present time. If we want a top center right away we could sacrifice Gally for him. Or we could wait and see if Gally pan out.
O'reilly isn't a top line center. He is a #2 on a lot of teams and even #3 on some. No way is he a #1.

Old
02-12-2013, 08:38 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
To Montreal: Sheldon Brookbank and Bryan Bickell

To Chicago: Travis Moen, Yannick Weber

Habs acquire some much needed size on the blueline and a decent right hand winger. Hawks get a solid veteran that can contribute and a depth puck moving defenseman.

Lines:
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Eller-Desharnais- Cole
Pac - Galchenyuk- Gallagher
Prust - White - Bickell

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Brookbank - Diaz
Bouillon
If I were Chicago's GM I'd be afraid to make a trade.

Old
02-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Stay away from Shane O'Brien. He's getting slow as molasses and his bar hopping is catching up to him.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:06 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
O'reilly isn't a top line center. He is a #2 on a lot of teams and even #3 on some. No way is he a #1.
Why are Habs fans even discussing O'Reilly when they could be seeing what Paul Stastny is worth to the Avs? Much better fit.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Ubercron9000

Colombus has 3 1rst what would it take to get 2 1rst from them except the colombus pick? I think they have philly and LA picks?

They have questionable drafting and they would serve us better. They could make their team better right away. This is my proposal.

Dehairnais- Small but talented and he would help right away. We have Galchenyuk and I think he should be ready for next year.
Emelin- Tough defenseman they may want to look into.
Danny Kristo-The guy is talented and should help them by next year. We waited along time for him and it might not be a wise choice to let him go now but he does have maturity issues. A city like montreal may not be best for him.

Or swap Kristo with Eller. If we get 6 top 60 picks what would be the odds of us getting really great players in return. Better players than we would be trading away?

Old
02-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Why are Habs fans even discussing O'Reilly when they could be seeing what Paul Stastny is worth to the Avs? Much better fit.
Gets paid like a #1 center(6.6 Mil cap hit) and his production since 09-10 is more like a 2nd line center...164 GP 46-70-116...pass.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:49 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Gets paid like a #1 center(6.6 Mil cap hit) and his production since 09-10 is more like a 2nd line center...164 GP 46-70-116...pass.
One of the best face off men that could possibly be available as a top six center. Good takeaway rate, low giveaway rate, if Desharnais was going the other way we could finally separate Plekanec and Gionta without worry. Almost consistently a 20 goal scorer in the league. Contract price just lowers the cost of return and he's a UFA next summer.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
One of the best face off men that could possibly be available as a top six center. Good takeaway rate, low giveaway rate, if Desharnais was going the other way we could finally separate Plekanec and Gionta without worry. Almost consistently a 20 goal scorer in the league. Contract price just lowers the cost of return and he's a UFA next summer.
He has 1.5 years left on his deal. At 6.6 mil he'd hjave to basically come for free, no way I'd trade Dd for him.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:56 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
He has 1.5 years left on his deal. At 6.6 mil he'd hjave to basically come for free, no way I'd trade Dd for him.
You do realize that DD is 26 and Stastny is *gasp* 27 right?

It would cost a lot more than DD. I'd just start with him and see what it would take for Colorado to budge. Yes he's a bit overpriced but by maybe $1M. Last time Colorado had a playoff team, Stastny put up almost 80 points. He played second line center for the Avs last year to have 55 points compared to Desharnais' 60 on the top line. Stastny is in a different tier than Desharnais but all you care about is cap hit?

Old
02-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
You do realize that DD is 26 and Stastny is *gasp* 27 right?

It would cost a lot more than DD. I'd just start with him and see what it would take for Colorado to budge. Yes he's a bit overpriced but by maybe $1M. Last time Colorado had a playoff team, Stastny put up almost 80 points. He played second line center for the Avs last year to have 55 points compared to Desharnais' 60 on the top line. Stastny is in a different tier than Desharnais but all you care about is cap hit?

I would agree that Stastny is better, in amny many ways. But sadly, cap hit will be a big deal as of next season. With PS, I don't think we'd meet the cap....even with Kaberle gone

Old
02-12-2013, 11:15 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I would agree that Stastny is better, in amny many ways. But sadly, cap hit will be a big deal as of next season. With PS, I don't think we'd meet the cap....even with Kaberle gone
If I remember correctly, cap next season will be $64M. If you buy out Kaberle you definitely have enough money and that's not even counting what roster players would leave for Stastny.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
If I remember correctly, cap next season will be $64M. If you buy out Kaberle you definitely have enough money and that's not even counting what roster players would leave for Stastny.
I was looking at it too. but what about the depth? By that I mean 3rd pair dmen and bottom 6, we may have enough cash. Definately enough if we have some guys ready to graduate (I hope).

But what to give? DD + what?

Bottom line, it would be amazing to land a Stastny now....just before the nodicks return next year with a very strong team.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:31 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
But what to give? DD + what?
That I have no idea. When Toronto was interested in him last season the rumoured return was similar to what LA gave up for Mike Richards. I don't see that price being the same this year but even then, Stastny isn't going to come cheap. I also remember reading that Colorado would be willing to go one for one for Bobby Ryan. We don't have Bobby Ryan.

If DD + Eller + Defensive Prospect did the trick I'd pull the trigger. That said, Colorado likely wouldn't give him up for a guy in our doghouse and a small center that needs to be re-signed in the summer.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Habtchum*

O'Reilley is over rated big time.

The guy is a second line centre at best. He won't score more than 20 goals/55 points per year. He's not very big nor tough. It just happened that Duchesne and Statsny got very bad seasons last year, and he played with the rookie who is now their Captain.

He doesn't burn the KHL either.

He worths not much more than DD + a 2nd or 3rd round pick. OR Eller + Weber.

Anyway the kid and his agent want the moon for his services.

Right now we need more better and bigger bottom line players + at least omne bigger d-man.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
That I have no idea. When Toronto was interested in him last season the rumoured return was similar to what LA gave up for Mike Richards. I don't see that price being the same this year but even then, Stastny isn't going to come cheap. I also remember reading that Colorado would be willing to go one for one for Bobby Ryan. We don't have Bobby Ryan.

If DD + Eller + Defensive Prospect did the trick I'd pull the trigger. That said, Colorado likely wouldn't give him up for a guy in our doghouse and a small center that needs to be re-signed in the summer.
If we're trading for Stastny I would think Eller + maybe a 2nd + a minor prospect would be both fair and all I'd offer for him. I'd rather wait until the off-season to see if Stastny was interested in signing an extension with us and for the dollar amount.

The longer Colorado waits the value goes down until he becomes a rental 12 months from now.

Closed Thread