Possible Trade Ideas v6

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Gxgear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCJ View Post
I'm really starting to like the idea of trading for Kadri. He's been great so far this year and is leading Toronto in scoring. He's exactly what we need- young center with a scoring touch and a ridiculous amount of skill. Now would be the time to pull the trigger before his stock gets too high. It probably will never happen, he doesn't seem like a Fletcher/Yeo kind of guy after that whole training camp fiasco, but I can dream right?
Leafs would want a king's ransom for him.

Old
02-09-2013, 08:24 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 626
Suter for Trotz.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:42 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Is anyone else starting to think we need to clear up our roster a little? We have a logjam of way too many players that are either not producing, fulfill too many of the same roles, or are just irrelavent on our team now.

Cullen: has decent moments, but bottom 6 and just is what he is.

Bouchard: I even like this guy, but he really does not fit on our team anymore.

Heatley: WTF is going on with him this year. He needs to start producing, now, or be demoted to the fourth line or scratched. I feel like Zucker would fill his role better at this point.

Clutter: I know we need the grit, but he just does not do much. I'm also getting really tired of him shooting from 50 feet out at an unscreaned goalie, only to have the goalie just absorb the shot and the entire rush is stopped. I'ld rather have Mitchel fill his role and trade Clutter. Clutter has greater perceived value, and we should take advantage of it.

Mitchel: Should be played. He's played his role just fine this year, and was even improving. Now he has been scratched for what. His shot is as good as Clutter's, he can cycle better than Cullen and he is just as fast. We should be using this guy.

Kassian: Just trade him. I'm sure the Leafs or Montreal could find a suitable use for this guy.

Prosser: Trade him for used garbage, I don't care. Just too many bottom d and he's the worst. Maybe a trade to a team that needs edgy d for a low round pick. Fletch is a magician with words, I'm sure he could figure out something.

Scandella/Falk/Stoner: Keep two, trade one. They are all somewhat similar and all cannot play. Falk has looked the best of all three, to me at least. Stoner, has hot and cold moments as well as Scandella. Or move two of them and bring in an upgrade.

Anyways. I just think we really need to clear some of this crap out and maybe upgrade from quantity to quality if possible.

We have holes, let's try to fill them. We really need a sniper. Hell, make a run at Iggy or Perry. It's really looking like O'Reilly might be heading out, go after him or Stastny and stick Granlund on the wing.

These are just ideas, but we need a couple more particular pieces, and we have way too many similar pieces that are not helping us.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:46 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
Clutter: I know we need the grit, but he just does not do much. I'm also getting really tired of him shooting from 50 feet out at an unscreaned goalie, only to have the goalie just absorb the shot and the entire rush is stopped. I'ld rather have Mitchel fill his role and trade Clutter. Clutter has greater perceived value, and we should take advantage of it.
I go back and forth on Clutterbuck all the time....As of right now, I like his role on the team: hard forechecker who can disrupt the opponents in their head and chip in a goal every now and the.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post

Mitchel: Should be played. He's played his role just fine this year, and was even improving. Now he has been scratched for what. His shot is as good as Clutter's, he can cycle better than Cullen and he is just as fast. We should be using this guy.
I completely agree....I love his game and he should be in the line-up.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:51 PM
THEALLKNOWING*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I go back and forth on Clutterbuck all the time....As of right now, I like his role on the team: hard forechecker who can disrupt the opponents in their head and chip in a goal every now and the.

I completely agree....I love his game and he should be in the line-up.
I vacillate on Clutter. Terrible shooter and passer, but good energy, creates trouble. The hits thing is over-rated, finishing his check behind the play, when the play is already 20 feet behind you going the other way, is useless.

When surrounded by talented players, his numbers become better. But at the same time, the better players get no benefit from him being on the same line.

Marginal 3rd liner, solid 4th liner. As mentioned before, he could take a page from Tomas Holstrom's book, and become a pest in front of the net. Particularly on the power play. Notice how both goals have come on tips out front this year.

Worth more in trade value this year, than to the Wild over the longer-term.

Mitchell should be playing.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:22 PM
El Nino22

I absolutely agree Mitchell should be playing. His speed creates havoc on the forecheck and he back checks as hard as anyone on the roster.

As far as forwards go, I agree we need to move one or a couple. I think Clutterbuck is the most likely considering we just re-upped Brodziak and isn't Clutter a UFA after this season?

I don't see Bouchard being moved right now because his value is really low. I don't know who would be willing to take on his inherent risk with how he's playing combined with his caphit.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

It's hard to value these grinders when they are so up and down. I'd never have thought Brodziak would be so inconsistent before this year.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I honestly don't think that, for moving a player like Seto or Butch, the return is as important as creating a roster spot. We aren't selling for the future, we're making room for a Houston kid. If and when the front office makes the decision to give up on one of those guys, 2nd rounder or an interesting prospect would probably do it.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetCluttered View Post
I absolutely agree Mitchell should be playing. His speed creates havoc on the forecheck and he back checks as hard as anyone on the roster.

As far as forwards go, I agree we need to move one or a couple. I think Clutterbuck is the most likely considering we just re-upped Brodziak and isn't Clutter a UFA after this season?

I don't see Bouchard being moved right now because his value is really low. I don't know who would be willing to take on his inherent risk with how he's playing combined with his caphit.
He's an RFA.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:30 PM
nickschultzfan

I think there should be trade to unload the unproductive guys - Bouchard and Cullen.

Other guys needs to be knocked down to appropriate roles. Clutterbuck, Heatley, and Setoguchi.

Get spots for Mitchell and Zucker. Maybe Larsson too.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Unload Clutterbuck and Kassian to an Easter Conference team that needs physicality and toughness in its bottom 6.

Parise - Koivu - Granlund
Zucker - Cullen - Bouchard/Coyle
Heatley - Brodziak - Setoguchi
Mitchell - Konopka - Rupp

Old
02-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I hate to be that guy, but the Oilers have recently put Darcy Hordichuk on waivers and Kassian is from EDM and you know the rest...

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:54 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
I hate to be that guy, but the Oilers have recently put Darcy Hordichuk on waivers and Kassian is from EDM and you know the rest...

Hopefully I'm wrong.
Russo said Kassian is not at practice and a roster spot would need to be opened for Spurgeon, he even said "trade maybe coming"

02-12-2013, 03:10 PM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Russo said Kassian is not at practice and a roster spot would need to be opened for Spurgeon, he even said "trade maybe coming"
So it's likely for a draft pick or a prospect that isn't signed to an ELC? Questioning the last part, not the pick.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Teddy10Beers

I'd be surprised if Edmonton traded for Kassian (or even put in a claim on him if he were on waivers). Krueger has generally been unwilling to play Hordicuk this year. Hordicuk and Kassian are basically the same player; an enforcer who doesn't offer anything more than that. Would Krueger view Kassian any differently than Hordicuk? If not, then why swap out Hordicuk for Kassian. Kassian is slightly cheaper but he's also signed through next year whereas Hordicuk is a UFA next year. Now ... wait for the announcement that Edmonton has acquired Kassian in a trade with the Wild.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:29 PM
hirawl
Used Register

Clutter needs to stay. He's a rare breed. Every team needs an agitator/hitter/stir-it-up type of mother****er who can finish his point blank chances every now and then.

Old
02-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Mancini79

Send a message via MSN to Mancini79 Send a message via Yahoo to Mancini79
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirawl View Post
Clutter needs to stay. He's a rare breed. Every team needs an agitator/hitter/stir-it-up type of mother****er who can finish his point blank chances every now and then.
I agree Clutterbuck SHOULD stay......for now & what the hell did we pick up Mitchel for if we're not going to use him? That being said:

I do think the Wild need to make a deal for immediate scoring.

Who's going? (very few untouchables on this team right now)

Who is/maybe available? Most importantly, can he/they make a scoring impact now?

IDK

Old
02-12-2013, 06:54 PM
J Bert

Bottom line, I wana see Zucker's speed with the Wild. Cullen and Butch expendable.

Old
02-12-2013, 08:10 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Bert View Post
Bottom line, I wana see Zucker's speed with the Wild. Cullen and Butch expendable.
yess zucker. If you are going to scratch PMB might as well trade em.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:11 AM
Eagle Claw

Trading anyone is not helping unless the orders to players are better

The root "off evil" is yeo's obsession off playing safe

Dont commit too much ,causing turnovers while get you a "salary cut"!!

Wild has 0% puck support in the neutral zone or opposite end
It's like trying to attack the grate "wall off china" with one "solider" at a time against 4-5 opponents waiting for you

Unless this one solider is zack parisee there is no penetration and it looks awful

The moment wild commits enough players and energy to an certain small area in an really short period off time is when good things happen.Suddenly there is a little space and something at least half a chance can be produced

Why does wild need to be on an 1-2 goals deficit on the scoreboard to get the GREEN LIGHT to play in an proper way COMMIT ENOUGH ???
When this happens the opposition already has a lead and they wait with an 4+1 "brushwood fence" on their blue line for wild to dump the puck deep

It's pure insanity to be afraid off creating scoring chances by giving the tools to success to the opposition, wild is game after game digging their own problems

IT's WILD that should be defending their lead it's wild that should be shutting the opposite team down but ONLY when they have scored a couple off goals to have something to defend

How are you supposed to win if your 1-2-3 line are 10 MINUTES a game with out a shot on goal , YES LETS DEFEND tight.

1 priority score at least a couple off goals and after that take the yeo's "ironclaw" system in use,because it's happening over and over again when yeo says "lets go" wild can attack but only when they get the green light to not be afraid off conceding goals

Old
02-13-2013, 07:25 AM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Claw View Post
Trading anyone is not helping unless the orders to players are better

The root "off evil" is yeo's obsession off playing safe

Dont commit too much ,causing turnovers while get you a "salary cut"!!

Wild has 0% puck support in the neutral zone or opposite end
It's like trying to attack the grate "wall off china" with one "solider" at a time against 4-5 opponents waiting for you

Unless this one solider is zack parisee there is no penetration and it looks awful

The moment wild commits enough players and energy to an certain small area in an really short period off time is when good things happen.Suddenly there is a little space and something at least half a chance can be produced

Why does wild need to be on an 1-2 goals deficit on the scoreboard to get the GREEN LIGHT to play in an proper way COMMIT ENOUGH ???
When this happens the opposition already has a lead and they wait with an 4+1 "brushwood fence" on their blue line for wild to dump the puck deep

It's pure insanity to be afraid off creating scoring chances by giving the tools to success to the opposition, wild is game after game digging their own problems

IT's WILD that should be defending their lead it's wild that should be shutting the opposite team down but ONLY when they have scored a couple off goals to have something to defend

How are you supposed to win if your 1-2-3 line are 10 MINUTES a game with out a shot on goal , YES LETS DEFEND tight.

1 priority score at least a couple off goals and after that take the yeo's "ironclaw" system in use,because it's happening over and over again when yeo says "lets go" wild can attack but only when they get the green light to not be afraid off conceding goals
Reading this was... it was awesome.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000
English is obviously not his first language. I admire his enthusiasm, though.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:25 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

We need another puck mover at the back.

I would like to see us draft one of Nurse or Zadorov... We could use an electrifying player like Nichuskin.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:28 PM
SphinX
YouWantSome?

I want Bobby Ryan.

Now.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
I want Bobby Ryan.

Now.
Ryan for Heatley straight up, right? I wonder what we'd have to feed to the Ducks to get them to agree...

Closed Thread