HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Where will Tenderness play next October?

Old
07-07-2006, 10:32 AM
rocketlives

vCash: 500
Where will Tenderness play next October?

Guillaume Latendresse was born on May 24 1987. He'll be 20 years old only for the 2007-08 season. His older brother Olivier Latendresse (41 goals and 84 assists with the Val d'Or Foreurs in the Q last season) who was signed as a free agent by Phoenix in the summer of 2004 will probably play in the NHL or AHL next season.

I believe Guillaume will waste his time playing another year in the Q with kids. Some say he didn't have a good season last year but he had 43 goals and 40 assists in 51 games. Not shabby considering he lost over a month sitting on the bench for the National team.

Since he's too young to play in the AHL, I would suggest they keep him with the big team if he plays as well as he did at the habs camp last September. Guillaume may have some defensive shortcomings but so does Ryder. I believe it would be better for Guillaume to play as a winger on the 4th line and on the second PP than going back to his junior team.

We need a big guy with soft hands on the team to park his butt in front of the opposing goalie and wreak havoc during power plays. Last year he played well enough to stay but BG preferred keeping two soft duds like Dags and Sunny.

Last edited by rocketlives: 07-07-2006 at 10:59 AM.
rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:36 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
Guillaume Latendresse was born on May 24 1987. He'll be 20 years old only for the 2007-08 season. His older brother Olivier Latendresse (41 goals and 84 assists with the Val d'Or Foreurs in the Q last season) who was signed as a free agent by Phoenix in the summer of 2004 will probably play in the NHL or AHL next season.

I believe Guillaume will waste his time playing another year in the Q with kids. Some say he didn't have a good season last year but he had 43 goals and 40 assists in 51 games. Not shabby considering he lost over a month sitting on the bench for the National team.

Since he's too young to play in the AHL, I would suggest they keep him with the big team if he plays as well as he did at the habs camp last September. Guillaume may have some defensive shortcomings but so does Ryder. I believe it would be better for Guillaume to play as a winger on the 4th line and on the second PP than going back to his junior team.

We need a big guy with soft hands on the team to park his butt in front of the opposing goalie and create havoc during power plays. Last year he played well enough to stay but BG preferred keeping two soft duds like Dags and Sunny.
Or even to run people over and wreak havoc

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Garry Valk

I can't wait for this guy to put on the CH and destroy the opposition.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

If we trade Zednik, Latendresse will most likely be able to get a roster spot on the top 3 line. He's big, can hit, can score and he's not a liability defensively so he can play everywhere on the top 3 line!

If he can have a good camp, he will at least get his contract and his 10 games tryout. If he's not able to handle the NHL yet, he could still play in Drummonville for one last year.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 11:44 AM
RC51

Well I tell you.
Latendresse is supposedly undergoing a bodybuilding program remember.
If he shows commitment and transfers some fat to muscule, this will impress the Habs a lot. He might get to camp at 225 a realy strong. That might turn the corner for him to make the habs this year.
But if Tender just walks thru the program he will be back in the Q for sure and would have learned yet another lesson.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Duff88

There will probably be a spot or two open for a prospect at camp, but I'd think Latendresse would need another wonderful camp if he wants to take it; right now I'd put it this way:

Kostitsyn
Lapierre
Ferland
Latendresse

Grabovsky could be anywhere on that list depending on his camp.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 12:05 PM
DerekT

I don't think Ferland will make the team ahead of Lats. Lapierre neither.

DerekT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Kafka

Latendresse will be shipped to his junior team earlier than last camp. However, I am convinced he will sign a pro contract in 2007 and will join the AHL team if they make it to the playoffs. Latendresse will need to be dominant in his 06-07 LHJMQ season, and in 07-08, will need to establish himself has one of the best winger with Hamilton. I don't expect him to get a spot in Montreal before 08-09.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 12:08 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Well I tell you.
Latendresse is supposedly undergoing a bodybuilding program remember.
If he shows commitment and transfers some fat to muscule, this will impress the Habs a lot. He might get to camp at 225 a realy strong. That might turn the corner for him to make the habs this year.
But if Tender just walks thru the program he will be back in the Q for sure and would have learned yet another lesson.
Its already been reported last week that Latendresse already lost 20 lbs! From 240 to 220 and said to be in the best shape of his life by far. If he can add 5 lbs of muscle mass he will be dangerous.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninot View Post
I don't think Ferland will make the team ahead of Lats. Lapierre neither.
You're in for a big surprise then.

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Cariboux

If he has a good camp, I would sign him and give him his 10 game tryout, just to give him a taste of the NHL. If he's good and can play at this level, I keep and if not, I say to him : come on, you know what it's like to travel in airplane so now give a great season in Drummondville and you are with us next year man.

Cariboux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:09 PM
DerekT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
You're in for a big surprise then.
Is someone throwing me a party?

DerekT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux View Post
If he has a good camp, I would sign him and give him his 10 game tryout, just to give him a taste of the NHL. If he's good and can play at this level, I keep and if not, I say to him : come on, you know what it's like to travel in airplane so now give a great season in Drummondville and you are with us next year man.
I agree

I hope he pushes his way onto the team this year...

Lets go lats show us your stuff...show us you are a pro now!!!!!

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Evil Ted

How about the guys gunna spend another year in jr, he did not have an impresive year whatsoever, he still has a ton of stuff to learn.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:18 PM
jcpenny

He'll be back in the Q with Brassard.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:20 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
He'll be back in the Q with Brassard.
Agreed

If you don't want Latendresse to be a career 4th liner, you have to leave him in the juniors...

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:21 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
How about the guys gunna spend another year in jr, he did not have an impresive year whatsoever, he still has a ton of stuff to learn.
Not impressive year = stuff to learn ?

Maybe he just need more competition?

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:33 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Back to junior with him. Only way I would even consider him in Montreal was if he had twice the camp he had last season if not to bad learn in the Q.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:44 PM
kostitsyn1489

I already says then a player improve faster in the big league but Latendresse is a big guy and the devellopement of a big guy is longer than an average player. So We don't have to burn him. Last year it was a good move to send him down because he couldn't play all season long at the same pace he plays in 4 pre-season game. He scores 2 goals and he gets an assist and some fans thought he was better than Wayne Gretzky! Hey it's only ONE pre-season game not a career.

I hope he'll make the team this year but I think another junior years could be good for him.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Form and Substance

I think he's ready to make the jump otherwise we might have an Anthony Stewart situation in our hands where said player becomes lazy and unmotivated in an inferior league...although that would constitute Guillaume's problem. Still, I don't doubt that he'll one day play for us. How was he at the WC by the way?

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:52 PM
deandebean

The only the junior experience gets better for him is to play for a real junior team. Drummondville has been a joke of an organisation since its foundation.

Get him to Québec, Halifax or Gatineau and you'll see him progress.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

In the Q

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Ross MacLochness

Tenderness... now that's a badass nickname if I've ever seen one.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 03:11 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Like someone said before Guillaume is currently doing a body building program with Scott Livingston. If the Habs brought HIM here for that kind of program and if he does it seriously, he will get a REALLY serious look at camp. The Habs want him to perform and they NEED a guy like him right now, so it is obvious that he will have a chance. Will he take it? That's up to him...

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 03:46 PM
jcpenny

The thing is with talented guys like Chipchura, Kosts, Lapierre, Grabovsky and Ferland close to the big show and all older than Lats and lats can still be part of the WJC team as a returnee and could be part of a very good Drummonville team with Brassard as his center. Theres no rush and it gives him more time to work on his conditionning.

Gotta love the direction this team is taking. Talented guys like Perez, A Kosts, Higgins, Grabo, Lats, Pleks and the big energy guys who can play like Chip, Lapierre and Ferland.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote