HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Californication - Season 6

Old
01-28-2013, 08:48 AM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

vCash: 500
Yeah, the girl from Taken has sure turned into a babe

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Forever27

Some weird moments this episode. Like Finch not recognizing Hank at the funeral... sort of seems odd since he claimed to be a big fan and was trying to get an adaptation of his work done. And then a scene or two later and they're best friends.

And then the hologram thing was sort of weird and cheesy. Especially since it was entirely played for laughs with the weird guitar riff and the wife and Faith making up/out. Felt cartoonish really.

And I guess rehab is done now? That was quick. And pointless.

Upside it was nice to see the Ashby statue. But you would think that the LA music scene would be pretty familiar with Hank because of it... considering he lived with and partied with Ashby for a few weeks and wrote a book about him. It would be cool if they sort of addressed that, but they barely even reference it.

And Faith is irritating. She reminds me of the groupie in Almost Famous, but without even that movies hint of how ultimately transient and sad that sort of lifestyle can be. Mixing that sort of angst with humor used to be this show's specialty.

First few episodes have been a disappointment for me. Naturally, I will continue to watch.

Forever27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever27 View Post
Some weird moments this episode. Like Finch not recognizing Hank at the funeral... sort of seems odd since he claimed to be a big fan and was trying to get an adaptation of his work done. And then a scene or two later and they're best friends.
Cocaine. It's a hell of a drug.

Sorry to go back a few posts but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever27 View Post
And Becca is getting annoying. It's weird, because at the beginning of the show she was just this ridiculously intelligent and insightful kid who was often the adult for her two nutbag arrested development parents... but as she's grown older she's just gotten sort of dumber and more immature.
Getting annoying? Girl has been annoying for 5 seasons now. This is the least annoying she's been in the show's entire run.

Also. It's a waste to have Tim Minchin if you don't have him sing more.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Yeah..we've actually seen less Becca which is a good thing.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:07 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
I wasn't impressed by episode 1, almost fell asleep in episode 2 but I really thought episode 3 was solid.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

More Runkle the better.

Old
02-11-2013, 02:11 AM
StringerBell

Best episode of the season AINEC. Runkle and Marcey killed it tonight.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:23 AM
7th Player

Great episode! Funny as hell, what the series is all about

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Baby Punisher

God damn Runkel.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:51 PM
MatthewT

Rankle ahahahahahaa

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:04 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

This show is so kitschy it's good*. That last song was interesting.

Except Becca, Becca-centric episodes are awful and she was miscast from the get go. She sucks the soul out of every single scene.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Forever27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
This show is so kitschy it's good*. That last song was interesting.

Except Becca, Becca-centric episodes are awful and she was miscast from the get go. She sucks the soul out of every single scene.
Probably the best part of the episode. (The song I mean)

This show is pretty stuck in a rut. So I guess the rehab story is over, and the gaygent story? So I guess hank will go crawling back to Finch now.

The scene with Becca and Karen felt like such a rehash. Like an obligatory scene to show that even when they aren't together they have their daughter to gush over, and her "talents." But like, why aren't they together? Why do they want to be? I kind of don't even care any more. Hank doesn't seem to really care either.

Good to see Bates back though... his character is always fun, even if it did feel like fanservice and a bit of a coincidence.

As disappointing as I am sure it will be I am looking forward to Manson's cameo/role/whatever.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:22 AM
JJTT

was there another episode last night? s06e05 seems to be on eztv.it ?

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 09:32 AM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
was there another episode last night? s06e05 seems to be on eztv.it ?
There was a two-week break so I think ep4 is the latest one, but sometimes Showtime released episodes online ahead of time and they get leaked. Check it out and let us know!

Old
02-12-2013, 11:59 AM
The Imp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
There was a two-week break so I think ep4 is the latest one, but sometimes Showtime released episodes online ahead of time and they get leaked. Check it out and let us know!
Watching now. Is legit.

Edit: Hurley!

The Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:39 AM
StringerBell

Bit flat. Faith is such a babe tho.

Old
02-25-2013, 01:37 AM
StringerBell

I might be the only one here still watching, but I'm not impressed with this season at all. Becca is as annoying as ever, Hank isn't getting into any trouble, and Runkle isn't sad and pathetic in any sort of hilarious way. I also miss Karen, although I'm sure others were happy to see her screen time cut.

Nothing happened all episode tonight. The plot for this season seems to be "spend 12 episodes of Hank [REDACTED] some girl before having him write another novel", and it's set in rockstar fairyland. This used to be the best written show on TV. Now everything is either recycled or contrived.

I'm upset.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Stringer Bell

Go get a more original name.

Stringer Bell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 12:48 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
I might be the only one here still watching, but I'm not impressed with this season at all. Becca is as annoying as ever, Hank isn't getting into any trouble, and Runkle isn't sad and pathetic in any sort of hilarious way. I also miss Karen, although I'm sure others were happy to see her screen time cut.

Nothing happened all episode tonight. The plot for this season seems to be "spend 12 episodes of Hank [REDACTED] some girl before having him write another novel", and it's set in rockstar fairyland. This used to be the best written show on TV. Now everything is either recycled or contrived.

I'm upset.
Yeah, it's definitely not the same show anymore. It's nonetheless still somewhat 'watchable'.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Jean Ralphio

The show still has some common elements that made it a good show, but this past week's episode in particular was so cartoonish. It has almost the same storyline as last year, but instead of crazy rap guy, it's crazy rock guy.

Jean Ralphio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:50 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

anyone know when season 4 will be on netflix? Cousin introduced me to this show and I LOVE IT but netflix only has seasons 1-3

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 02:20 AM
Forever27

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post

I'm upset.
Yeah, I agree with all this. Really recycled. Really really recycled. I knew exactly how the ******* in the bathroom thing would work out, and I knew it would come just as Runkle and Marcy were reconnecting.

And oh wow, Hank is touching a boob. Shouldn't Karen be used to this? How the **** long has she known Hank? Isn't she aware that every woman on the show aggressively hurls themselves at him?

And the whole Becca thing. I remember when Hank was an unconventional but caring and conversational father.

How about a scene where he honestly tells his daughter that he does drugs and drinks but the issue is that she trashed a house that wasn't hers? Or that she doesn't get to party like a rock star until she is a rockstar, that they party that way because they're incredibly rich and can just pay the mess away? And that she's like, nineteen?

How about even pointing out that she could get a way better looking dude than the sasquatch stoner from the hot tub?

But instead of any honest or original discussion between father and daughter, we get Manson teabagging Fetch. And I was looking forward to the Manson cameo. He's an intelligent and interesting guy and he got reduced to being a one note joke.

This show just feels MILES from where it was when it started. Seems like a total screwball sex comedy now, instead of being an edgy comedy drama about a deeply unhappy and conflicted guy trying to keep his fractured family together in the face of his many vices.

It's like they're not even trying anymore.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:39 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
episode 11 makes up for all the crappy episodes this season

Janice is bat **** crazy and the entire episode was friggen funny

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:46 AM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

I think this season is just an exercise in fantasy and I really like it. It's magical realism, there are no consequences and everyone just gets to act weird and sexual and everything works out.

I'm really critical of some shows but I can't bring myself to hate on Califronication, it's too charming.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:16 AM
StringerBell

Yeah 11 was the best episode since season 3 IMO. And yes, not exactly an exercise in realism.